SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

paiseh

Cool!

btw how hard was it to fit the LEDs?

and how well do they light up the speedo, tacho, temp and fuel gauges?

nice offer... Thanks! =)

when and where can I collect them?

I was thinking they're probably not too expensive right so it might be easier to just go buy them from LAB seeing as I'm lazy.

=p

My ride for 2012 - Yamaha WR250X 2008

Previous rides:

ROAD/FUN: Honda Sonic, VTR250, Kawa Z1000 & Kawa KSR110, Suzuki Savage

SPORT: Kawa ZXR400, Suzuki SV650, Honda CBR600F3 & CBR929RR, Aprilia RS125 & RS250,

DIRT: Honda XR200 & XR600L, DRZ-400SM, DRZ-400-S, GasGas EC200, KTM 200 EXC & 250EXC-F, Tricker

Pics @ http://www.bikepics.com/members/axxis/

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectees

• limbat

• Kenneth.C

• ozzarhomb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahhh... I just visited your website. Now the LED conversion makes sense!

:smile:

Previous rides:

SPORT: Kawa ZXR400, Suzuki SV650, Honda CBR600F3 & CBR929RR, Aprilia RS125 & RS250,

DIRT: Honda XR200 & XR600L, DRZ-400SM, DRZ-400-S, GasGas EC200, KTM 200 EXC & 250EXC-F, Tricker

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 15 2005, 01:08 PM

Cool!

nice offer... Thanks! =)

when and where can I collect them?

They fit like a glove- plug & play. pls remember LEDs hv a Poraity issue, after u plug in, if they don't work reverse the the Led then plug in again.

My address is on my website, pls let me know when u coming, as i may not be in.

HP: 93891138 :angel:

yeah!! back at last..com got prob..

axxis...since ur selling ur cbr150,y dun u sell to ozzarhomb?

paiseh..u were saying tat vpower gives lesser mileage rite..to my knowledge from wat i heard,vpower evaporates easily n is finer thus more combustable resulting in lesser misfire.. hope im rite.. :cheeky:

as for mileage on cbr150,i usually pump synergy 8000 in singapore.. vortex gold, mobil F1 or vpower in jb.. usually go ard 90kmh to 120kmh.. so far my fuel comsumption will always b ard 35 to 40 km/l.. depending on fuel used.. vpower has always given the least mileage... if go jb best to use mobil F1 but dun really pump tat coz mobil station far since im coming by causway n the one near the bike shops close by the time i get there..

Originally posted by noti_8_boi@Sep 15 2005, 07:50 PM

paiseh..u were saying tat vpower gives lesser mileage rite..to my knowledge from wat i heard,vpower evaporates easily n is finer thus more combustable resulting in lesser misfire.. hope im rite.. :cheeky:

u r rite. V power shld gif the most mileage.

becoz lesser petrol needed to provide the same amt of power by, say 95.

but according to a few of my frens and myself, vpower gives lesser mileage :sweat:

i also dunno y :cheeky:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 15 2005, 01:08 PM

Hey Axxis..........the trade samples LEDs from China, tt I install today r not bright enough. Can onli see light around the rims of the gauges. Sorry am changing back to the stock T10. .. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Will see how the Koreans LEDs do later in the month, when the stock comes in.

:hungry: :hungry:

Originally posted by paiseh@Sep 15 2005, 09:05 PM

u r rite. V power shld gif the most mileage.

becoz lesser petrol needed to provide the same amt of power by, say 95.

but according to a few of my frens and myself, vpower gives lesser mileage :sweat:

i also dunno y :cheeky:

hey....guys.....maybe V-Power give u fella more power so u guys.. open the throttle more often, then... so lower fuel comsumption maaaaa don't ...throttle ...laaaa. But I always feel tt V-power makes my bike so faster...so on the hightway i also let gooo ... Haaaa Haaaa :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 15 2005, 11:04 PM

hey....guys.....maybe V-Power give u fella more power so u guys.. open the throttle more often, then... so lower fuel comsumption maaaaa don't ...throttle ...laaaa. But I always feel tt V-power makes my bike so faster...so on the hightway i also let gooo ... Haaaa Haaaa :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

as for power,to me synergy 8000 gives as much power as vpower.. but vpower runs smoother especially at longer distances n higher speeds..my pillion(my gf) commented tat the bike didnt vibrate as much when i pump vpower..:cheeky:

Originally posted by noti_8_boi@Sep 16 2005, 01:24 AM

as for power,to me synergy 8000 gives as much power as vpower.. but vpower runs smoother especially at longer distances n higher speeds..my pillion(my gf) commented tat the bike didnt vibrate as much when i pump vpower..:cheeky:

actually i tink Vpower gives more torque rather den power. abt the difference pls read the following. in terms of real power i would say 95.

The best way to put it is that torque is the size of the bangs and power is the number of bangs per minute. More technically, power is a measure of work done, torque is a turning moment (that of the con-rod on the crank).

I offer up a more detailed explanation. In summary, torque is the twisting power that can be applied to a rotating shaft, horsepower is the rate at which torque can be applied. I wrote the piece below in a previous lifetime. Sorry 'bout the English units.

Torque is a measure of twisting force. In order to twist on a bolt with a wrench, the wrench must have some length (let’s say 1 foot), and you must push on the wrench to make the bolt move. If you push with a force of 1 pounds, then you have exerted a torque of 1 lbs-ft. You also exert a torque of 1 lbs-ft when you have a wrench that is 2 feet long and you push on it with a force of 1/2 lb. Note: Although people commonly refer to torque values as “foot-lbs”, the correct terminology is “lbs-feet” to avoid confusion with “work” (next).

Notice that you haven’t done any work if you only push on the wrench but the bolt does not move (turn). Work is only done when a force is applied over some distance. For example, if you push against a block with a force of 1 lbs, and you move it 1 foot, you have done 1 ft-lbs of work. Now, let’s say that you wish to make one complete revolution of the wrench you are using (above). How much work did you do to make one complete revolution?

You are pressing with a force of1 lb. Your wrench is 1 foot long. If you make one complete revolution, then you have gone around the circumference of a circle that is 2*pi*r = 2 * 3.14159 * 1 ft = 6.284 feet. So, you will have done 6.284 ft * 1 lbs = 6.284 ft-lbs of work to push that wrench one complete revolution. Work is a measure of the amount of energy required to get something down.

We’re starting to get close to horsepower! Horsepower is a measure of how rapidly a given amount of energy is used up over time. Through various experiments, it has been determined that 1 horsepower is equal to 550 ft-lbs of energy being expended every second, or 550 ft-lbs/sec. So, it you turn the wrench above one complete revolution in one second you have expended 6.284 ft-lbs/sec of power, which is 6.284/550 is approximately 0.011 horsepower, or 1.1 percent of a horsepower.

So, you have to have three items to relate torque and horsepower. You need the amount of force. You need the distance over which the force is exerted. And, you need the amount of time it took to exert the force over a given distance. As it turns out, these items are all related by how fast something is turning… revolutions per second, or more commonly in the automotive world, RPM.

What about the magical 5252? All torque/horsepower charts show the torque and horsepower lines crossing at 5252 RPM. Why is this? A bit of math reveals why. 1 horsepower is energy being expended at the rate of 550 ft-lbs/sec, or 550*60 = 33,000 ft lbs per minute. Now, if we go back to our wrench example, it takes 6.284 ft-lbs of work to make one revolution. How fast do you need to be turning that wrench to use energy at the rate of I horsepower? Divide 33,000 ft-lbs/min by 6.284 ft-lbs, and you get…. TADA… 5252 RPM!

Thus, there is a fixed relationship between torque, horsepower, and RPM, and it is expressed as follows:

Torque = (horsepower * 5252) / RPM

You can prove this up with our previous example by substituting in 1 horsepower and 5252 RPM… lo! You get 1 lb-ft of torque.

So, when you see a dyno reading out both torque and horsepower, remember that the only thing it can actually measure is the torque of the back wheel making the dyno roller turn. The horsepower is computed from the formula above.

No more regrets.

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 15 2005, 11:00 PM

Hey Axxis..........the trade samples LEDs from China, tt I install today r not bright enough. Can onli see light around the rims of the gauges. Sorry am changing back to the stock T10. .. :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

Will see how the Koreans LEDs do later in the month, when the stock comes in.

:hungry: :hungry:

No worries.

=)

I thought you might have problems with them.

=p

Previous rides:

Originally posted by noti_8_boi@Sep 15 2005, 07:50 PM

axxis...since ur selling ur cbr150,y dun u sell to ozzarhomb?

Errr... even though I've never really met you guys, I kinda consider you aquaintances/friends due to our correspondence on here.

Anyway, although my bike is healthy I prefer to sell to people who I don't know at all for two reasons.

1. Don't get pressured so much price wise =p

(and can tell those offering ridiculously low prices to F*** OFF)

2. If anything goes wrong with the bike after the sale then it's not an issue.

My bike is in good condition but there are better examples around if you can be patient. The one my friend just bought it a perfect example. Very similar plate, less mileage (although mine is already low) and better condition (paint on the tank esp is much brighter).

I'm not in a big rush to sell anyway and he seems to be in a hurry to buy.

Previous rides:

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 16 2005, 11:10 AM

well said. :thumb:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 12 2005, 10:32 PM

No wonder skid so easily, do u really think tt the roads in Thailand are more rough ??

hello guys, just came back from thailand from a holiday! hee i rented a yamaha nouvo and honda wave to try out. nouvo $8 per day! wave $6 dollars per day. even cheaper than east coast bike rental. haha

the roads there are about same roughness as singapore i feel but so sandy i also scared to ride fast. :giddy: :giddy: nice experience though :offtopic: :offtopic:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

:sweat: not to worry, i've already went to view the CBR posted online some time back. the red color FW plate CBR if u all remembered. i thought it's in pretty good condition so i had a verbal agreement to buy it. :smile:

4 strokers are supposed to have much stronger engine brakes than 2 strokers izzit? cuz i experienced quite strong engine braking just now when trying out the bike.

do CBRs have kickstarters? i only noticed the electric start button just now. are there any accessories that i'm supposed to takeover together with the bike?

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Originally posted by ozzarhomb@Sep 16 2005, 10:04 PM

:sweat: not to worry, i've already went to view the CBR posted online some time back. the red color FW plate CBR if u all remembered. i thought it's in pretty good condition so i had a verbal agreement to buy it. :smile:

4 strokers are supposed to have much stronger engine brakes than 2 strokers izzit? cuz i experienced quite strong engine braking just now when trying out the bike.

do CBRs have kickstarters? i only noticed the electric start button just now. are there any accessories that i'm supposed to takeover together with the bike?

4-strokes have more effective eng brake :sweat:

No more regrets.

Errr... even though I've never really met you guys, I kinda consider you aquaintances/friends due to our correspondence on here.

Anyway, although my bike is healthy I prefer to sell to people who I don't know at all for two reasons.

My bike is in good condition but there are better examples around if you can be patient. The one my friend just bought it a perfect example. Very similar plate, less mileage (although mine is already low) and better condition (paint on the tank esp is much brighter).

yeah..selling to complete strangers or back to shops saves future probs..

btw paiseh..i tink i get wat ur trying to say when u buy second hand bike u go for more mileage..it shows tat the bike is in running condition n if its realy tat old,i may juz b tat the previous owner happend to overhaul engine recently or any maintenance recently..is tat ur view?? juz guessing..:nono:

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 14 2005, 03:38 PM

Also gonna remove the box (so it looks better) before taking some pics and posting it up.

hey axxis, the box ya selling? how big is it? installation can be fixed up DIY right?

Originally posted by noti_8_boi@Sep 17 2005, 05:14 AM

btw paiseh..i tink i get wat ur trying to say when u buy second hand bike u go for more mileage..it shows tat the bike is in running condition n if its realy tat old,i may juz b tat the previous owner happend to overhaul engine recently or any maintenance recently..is tat ur view?? juz guessing..:nono:

bikes that gsx40, over 10 years old.. all are said to be problematic.

in fact, this type of bike, when its 5 or 6 years old.. it is already scrapped, coz condition is too bad to be ridden on the road.

As such, most of the time, this type of bikes are all laid up in workshop, either owner no money to fix or unable to sell.

Bikes like super 4, a commuter 2A bike, avergae mileage all are above 90,000km or even more when they reach 9 years old or older. (super 4 is less problematic)

So if a gsx has such high mileage even at her age or 9 yrs, it means it is as reliable as the 9 yr old super 4.

Moreover, my previous owne rode the bike for 2 years, which confirms more tat the bike is in good running condiiton, meaning wont break down anytime

:sweat:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 15 2005, 12:05 AM

At wat meter level do u refuel ? I noticed, CBR is on reserve onli when the needle goes all the way left bottom after u switch on the ignition. At reserve i normally put in 10litres of petrol.

the reserve tank is activated manually or automatically? where is the switch found then? :smile:

Originally posted by paiseh@Sep 17 2005, 10:02 AM

bikes that gsx40, over 10 years old.. all are said to be problematic.

in fact, this type of bike, when its 5 or 6 years old.. it is already scrapped, coz condition is too bad to be ridden on the road.

As such, most of the time, this type of bikes are all laid up in workshop, either owner no money to fix or unable to sell.

Bikes like super 4, a commuter 2A bike, avergae mileage all are above 90,000km or even more when they reach 9 years old or older. (super 4 is less problematic)

So if a gsx has such high mileage even at her age or 9 yrs, it means it is as reliable as the 9 yr old super 4.

Moreover, my previous owne rode the bike for 2 years, which confirms more tat the bike is in good running condiiton, meaning wont break down anytime

:sweat:

wah i see also confused... so u saying gsxr400... after 4-5years pple scrap?? so in what way is it good???

Life is not the amount of breath u take, but the moments that take ur breath away.

It is not how hard you fall, its how fast you get up.

nsr150 : december 2004 - 16th March 07

S4 Vtec1 : March 2007 - March 2008

cbr1000rr '04 : March 2008 - June 2011

wave125 '03 : July 2009 - ????

wah i was quoted $730 for income insurance, third party fire theft. more expensive than my NSR SP lor! :cry: :cry: