SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

paiseh

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectees

• limbat

• Kenneth.C

• ozzarhomb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by akront@Sep 2 2005, 03:22 AM

I agree with you that it is much more expensive compared to the "yoshimura" ones. Please if you ppl have the time, go take a look at the footrest in Bedok. It is not the design that escalate the price but rather the grade of aluminium used (T5). My friends, if you look at the rearsets we use almost twice the amount of billet compared to the yoshi ones.

Hey akront, don't mean to say yr item is Exp - I may not need this nice looking T5 footrest bec i am a veri veri slow rider. I will try to pop by yr Bedok place to hv a look. Anyway, i will be in krungthep from the 14th - 18 this month. Maybe we can meet up for a chat ?? watdee kap..

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 3 2005, 11:11 PM

Hey akront, don't mean to say yr item is Exp - I may not need this nice looking T5 footrest bec i am a veri veri slow rider. I will try to pop by yr Bedok place to hv a look. Anyway, i will be in krungthep from the 14th - 18 this month. Maybe we can meet up for a chat ?? watdee kap..

its not only for cosmetic means..for me i prefer that riding posture..with the legs pointing further behind.. with the original footrest after get to gear six..i pun my legs abit back so the front of my feet on the footrest.. i would hav gotten it but currently im waiting for a tp letter.. c IO n she said minimum will get 6 pts n a fine of $200..haiz...

Originally posted by noti_8_boi@Sep 3 2005, 11:16 PM

its not only for cosmetic means..for me i prefer that riding posture..with the legs pointing further behind.. with the original footrest after get to gear six..i pun my legs abit back so the front of my feet on the footrest.. i would hav gotten it but currently im waiting for a tp letter.. c IO n she said minimum will get 6 pts n a fine of $200..haiz...

omg, take that as a lesson and learn from it ba. :smile: pls ride with care in future. dun let ur parents worry :sweat:

No more regrets.

btw wats the max speed u all can do on cbr150.. mine is the fy 8+++.. on straight road the whole throttle was turn till cannot turn its 130km on speedo.. if on slope same case but 140.. is it a norm for this speed.. nt into racing but all the other whack until no wind left lol.. so curious on the speed part..

yeah, about 140km/h if I "tuck in" but it takes a while to wind up to that. Pretty easy to get to 130.

My ride for 2012 - Yamaha WR250X 2008

Previous rides:

ROAD/FUN: Honda Sonic, VTR250, Kawa Z1000 & Kawa KSR110, Suzuki Savage

SPORT: Kawa ZXR400, Suzuki SV650, Honda CBR600F3 & CBR929RR, Aprilia RS125 & RS250,

DIRT: Honda XR200 & XR600L, DRZ-400SM, DRZ-400-S, GasGas EC200, KTM 200 EXC & 250EXC-F, Tricker

Pics @ http://www.bikepics.com/members/axxis/

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 5 2005, 04:00 PM

yeah, about 140km/h if I "tuck in" but it takes a while to wind up to that. Pretty easy to get to 130.

actually im nto too sure whether the speed 130km.hr is the real speed. has anyone clocked it with other bikes?

I clocked mine with a nissan sunny, my frens speed was 120 while my speedo was 135

No more regrets.

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 5 2005, 04:00 PM

mine now is normal speed at 110.. maybe cos i haven change air fliter n sparks plug.. tml go change le see how ba lol.. meaning above 110 need to like force arhz..

Originally posted by NaRuTo13@Sep 5 2005, 10:12 PM

mine now is normal speed at 110.. maybe cos i haven change air fliter n sparks plug.. tml go change le see how ba lol.. meaning above 110 need to like force arhz..

Ya, i think we must all clean our air filter as we change oil. I normally change every 2500km, am using Shell 4T semi-synthetic RM21. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 6 2005, 12:38 AM

Ya, i think we must all clean our air filter as we change oil. I normally change every 2500km, am using Shell 4T semi-synthetic RM21. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

paiseh..thanx for the advise..

btw i did 140kmh but can still go though i didnt..scared leh..tp n camera everywhere..mayb bcoz im light..n small so dun resist wind as much.. :cheeky:

limbat..since ur going jb to change engine oil,might as well change fully synthetic..

im using esso gold fully synthetic at only RM36..can get discount depending on the mechanic(shop owner). take it tis way.. fully synthetic last abt 5000km. semi synthetic abt 2500km..thats twice the dist.. so in actual fact ur paying RM42 to get 5000km when u can actually go 5000km with fully synthetic for only RM36.. the money saved can buy ciggies n kopi.. :cheeky:

Originally posted by paiseh@Sep 5 2005, 06:43 PM

actually im nto too sure whether the speed 130km.hr is the real speed. has anyone clocked it with other bikes?

I clocked mine with a nissan sunny, my frens speed was 120 while my speedo was 135

Actually I'm quite sure the speedo will be out by about 5-10km/h but that's normal. When I say 130/140 i mean on the meter so subtract 5-10km/h for actual speed.

Previous rides:

SPORT: Kawa ZXR400, Suzuki SV650, Honda CBR600F3 & CBR929RR, Aprilia RS125 & RS250,

DIRT: Honda XR200 & XR600L, DRZ-400SM, DRZ-400-S, GasGas EC200, KTM 200 EXC & 250EXC-F, Tricker

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 6 2005, 09:29 AM

Actually I'm quite sure the speedo will be out by about 5-10km/h but that's normal. When I say 130/140 i mean on the meter so subtract 5-10km/h for actual speed.

haha, i hope we can add instead of subtract. lolz

No more regrets.

Originally posted by noti_8_boi@Sep 6 2005, 02:41 AM

limbat..since ur going jb to change engine oil,might as well change fully synthetic..

im using esso gold fully synthetic at only RM36..can get discount depending on the mechanic(shop owner). take it tis way.. fully synthetic last abt 5000km. semi synthetic abt 2500km..thats twice the dist.. so in actual fact ur paying RM42 to get 5000km when u can actually go 5000km with fully synthetic for only RM36.. the money saved can buy ciggies n kopi.. :cheeky:

I prefer to change to cleaner oil more often. I normally use mineral oil

- cheaper but change to semi for the higher tempreture due to the jams

on the causeway. I feel it is better....... I don't do alot of mileage on the

bike so guess it the same laaaa thanks for your advice.... :thumb: :thumb:

I'm sure with a little work like carby change (flatslide), exhaust, cams, bump the compression a little and port cleaning the CBR150 would be capable of 160 and significantly faster lap times.

Previous rides:

hello guys, just finished reading all 13 pages of ur thread! :sweat: :sweat:

i've decided to get a CBR 150! i've just sold off my NSR SP and life without a bike is real bad. :giddy: :giddy:

are there any shops that u guys have seen CBRs that are in very good condition? i would like to buy it ASAP, preferably before the weekend comes!

thanks! :cheer: :cheer:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

wow... that's fast. 2 days to buy a bike? don't rush into it...

Did you check out the ones being sold that I posted earlier in the thread. I belive one of them is still available. I've not seen many in shops as they seem to come and go pretty quickly unless they're in crap condition or asking way too much.

Previous rides:

The one sitting at DeXing is in HORRID condition and super high mileage!

Previous rides: