SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

paiseh

Apparently you can get them from Chong Aik but they charge too much considering you can buy these parts in Thailand for a fraction of the cost. You can always go to LAB and ask then for a price as they have a source and it will be cheaper.

The newer CBR150 is available in a red/black paintscheme so you should be able to get the original fairings in these colors.

My friends have gone to BKK this weekend so I've asked them to see if they can find the small component head-fairing section I require. (this is made up of three small pieces which are connected together along with the windscreen.

http://www.yingyongmotorcycle.com/Honda/CBR150R.htm

http://www.riverside-jp.com/th/cbr150red04160aa.jpg

http://www.riverside-jp.com/th/cbr150muff160cc.jpg

My ride for 2012 - Yamaha WR250X 2008

Previous rides:

ROAD/FUN: Honda Sonic, VTR250, Kawa Z1000 & Kawa KSR110, Suzuki Savage

SPORT: Kawa ZXR400, Suzuki SV650, Honda CBR600F3 & CBR929RR, Aprilia RS125 & RS250,

DIRT: Honda XR200 & XR600L, DRZ-400SM, DRZ-400-S, GasGas EC200, KTM 200 EXC & 250EXC-F, Tricker

Pics @ http://www.bikepics.com/members/axxis/

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectees

• limbat

• Kenneth.C

• ozzarhomb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey the 2nd pic the CBR has a different exhaust! it so nice! :lovestruck:

haha the pic is taken in singapore? who has it?

btw i went down to look at my bike just now, just noticed that the exhaust pipe is all rusted, damn disgusting, i dun mean the end can, the other pipe that is below the bike that leads to the engine. wat is it called?

does this bike has a rusting exhaust problem like kips?

how much does a replacement cost? :giddy: :giddy:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

These are Thailand pics I believe. Taken from a website. The 2nd pic is actually from a link for the sale of the aftermarket pipe. Lots of other accesories too.

Yeah, that's a common problem on the CBR150's I've seen. The header pipe rusts but only surface/external rust. The pipe tubing is thick enough that it won't cause a big problem. I've never checked but you can also get this from LAB. At a guess I'd say a new pipe should be around the $40 or less. It should be less than the end can ($60+) in my opinion. Maybe a new header and end can for around $100. Just a guess though.

I've been considering painting mine with black high temp spray (but I can only find silver so far).

Follow the link:

http://www.riverside-jp.com/th/th.asp

Previous rides:

SPORT: Kawa ZXR400, Suzuki SV650, Honda CBR600F3 & CBR929RR, Aprilia RS125 & RS250,

DIRT: Honda XR200 & XR600L, DRZ-400SM, DRZ-400-S, GasGas EC200, KTM 200 EXC & 250EXC-F, Tricker

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 22 2005, 01:18 PM

92 is fine as this is a relatively low compression engine.

The octane rating only relates to preignition in high comp engines. If you have a high performance (high comp) engine then you need a higher fuel octane rating.

Haven't translated the manual but if the 92 was too low you would experience "pinging" or preignition under engine loading which is rather easy to identify.

the cbr's compression ratio is 12:1.. is it considered low?? wat r the compression ratio for other bikes?? if i remember correctly, i only noe kr's compression ratio which is 7.5:1 i tink.. for what i noe the higher the compression the engine needs higher octane rating fuel rite?? ive always been using RON98 or RON97(m'sia) coz price diffence not much.. btw how does the pinging sound like?? izzit like metal hitting metal sound??

Originally posted by Axxis@Sep 23 2005, 01:30 PM

These are Thailand pics I believe. Taken from a website. The 2nd pic is actually from a link for the sale of the aftermarket pipe. Lots of other accesories too.

Yeah, that's a common problem on the CBR150's I've seen. The header pipe rusts but only surface/external rust. The pipe tubing is thick enough that it won't cause a big problem. I've never checked but you can also get this from LAB. At a guess I'd say a new pipe should be around the $40 or less. It should be less than the end can ($60+) in my opinion. Maybe a new header and end can for around $100. Just a guess though.

I've been considering painting mine with black high temp spray (but I can only find silver so far).

Follow the link:

http://www.riverside-jp.com/th/th.asp

well the fine for using illegal pipes in singapore is quite expensive right? guess i gotta stick to the stock pipe then.

wat aftermarket accessories do u guys put on the cbr? or u all feel cbr should be kept as stock as possible since it's a commuter bike?

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Originally posted by ozzarhomb@Sep 23 2005, 09:19 PM

well the fine for using illegal pipes in singapore is quite expensive right? guess i gotta stick to the stock pipe then.

wat aftermarket accessories do u guys put on the cbr? or u all feel cbr should be kept as stock as possible since it's a commuter bike?

FIne for illegal pipe is $500. + many hassles. u will be booked, u need to replace the end can, after which u need to go to LTA for inspection. :faint:

its best left as stock condition. :smile:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by Brembo@Sep 24 2005, 12:12 AM

hey guys! I have a few used units of CBR150 letting it go cheap...

call or sms me lah! ;)

wa.. y now den post here? our fren bought it liao. haha

anyway, i will PM u once there are ppl who are interested :smile:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by paiseh@Sep 24 2005, 12:21 AM

wa.. y now den post here? our fren bought it liao. haha

anyway, i will PM u once there are ppl who are interested :smile:

aiyah, a few days too late le your post. i just bought it nia. if not i can have a few more choices available. nevermind will keep a lookout for u then. i have a few friends taking TP soon!

Originally posted by paiseh@Sep 23 2005, 10:32 PM

FIne for illegal pipe is $500. + many hassles. u will be booked, u need to replace the end can, after which u need to go to LTA for inspection. :faint:

its best left as stock condition. :smile:

wah 500 bucks!. no joke man. so expensive! liddat can change 5 sets of stock pipe. haha :giddy:

any idea if the whole exhaust system will be difficult to install? think it'll be cheaper for me buy from LAB and fixing it myself rather than ask the shop to do it right? any good estimate of the cost savings?

thanks for all ur input guys! been bothering u guys so much lately

Yes, the exhaust is easy to install yourself but hard to transport around. LAB won't charge much for installation at all but they could mess up your fairings. I would suggest you remove the bottom half of the fairings (below the headlight faring section) yourself at home and then ride the bike down to LAB. Buy the exhaust and then send the bike to their shop for fitting. Will save you time and money.

Previous rides:

Originally posted by ozzarhomb@Sep 24 2005, 03:37 AM

wah 500 bucks!. no joke man. so expensive! liddat can change 5 sets of stock pipe. haha :giddy:

any idea if the whole exhaust system will be difficult to install? think it'll be cheaper for me buy from LAB and fixing it myself rather than ask the shop to do it right? any good estimate of the cost savings?

thanks for all ur input guys! been bothering u guys so much lately

if u really changing i would love to hear the sound :lovestruck:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 24 2005, 07:38 PM

I am thinking of buying my air filter in BKK, anyone wants a spare ? :hungry: :hungry:

how often do we have to change air filter? wat kinda benefits does it give to the bike? if got improvement i dun mind changing if it's not too expensive! how much?

since the previous owner of my bike can only tell me she changed 4T for the last servicing. :cheeky: i assume other things she dun really know and replaced ba. :cheeky:

Originally posted by paiseh@Sep 24 2005, 01:53 PM

if u really changing i would love to hear the sound :lovestruck:

wah we're talking about a $500 bucks fine here man. i also wan to hear the sound lor. it's must be damn power wan i think!

Originally posted by paiseh@Sep 26 2005, 09:58 PM

ozzarhomb: i tot u gonna make tat pipe?

u refering to the illegal pipe ah? ermm tempted leh but the fine too much for me lah. put liao also no point, how fast can CBR150 go sia? sound nicer only right?

i rather save the money for my 2A bike! :smile:

Me either ...... i guess i will get a shop tt normal change my engine oil in JB to do it for me.

I fitted my CBR wif a HS-HID light on the right side - the lights are superb. The strong glare is still there but i manage to lower the light beam. There is a adjusting nut at back of the lamp casing.

Shoik man now got white lights & superb beam direction pattern, it is like the whole dark street just lights up upon switch on. :bouncefire: :bouncefire: :bouncefire:

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Originally posted by limbat@Sep 27 2005, 11:50 PM

I fitted my CBR wif a HS-HID light on the right side - the lights are superb. The strong glare is still there but i manage to lower the light beam. There is a adjusting nut at back of the lamp casing.

won't using those bright white HID lights be too strong for the housing and melt it? i heard of some cases stated in the forum say their SP cannot install HID lights. :confused: :confused:

so ya go to malaysia often ah?