SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X8 Cafe

leo_rider

hi to all X8ers,would like to ask is there any 2nd hand x8 available @ any reliable bikeshop (preferable at the east)?If so,how much roughly will be the otr price for a 21 yrs old?Also,is there anything that can be mod on the bike so as to handle heavier weight (im > 100kg :sweat: )

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi to all X8ers,would like to ask is there any 2nd hand x8 available @ any reliable bikeshop (preferable at the east)?If so,how much roughly will be the otr price for a 21 yrs old?Also,is there anything that can be mod on the bike so as to handle heavier weight (im > 100kg :sweat: )

Originally posted by Windust@Sep 17 2006, 04:46 PM

erm...actually have to see.... if u plan to get 2nd hand X8... u can try our buy/sell section here...i see a number of X8 for sale...

pricewise u can get roughly $5000-$6000.... very hard to calculate...

2nd hand X8 is far cheaper than the 1st hand...

for theres nutting much to mod i will name a few , light switch volt and tacnometer

or u wanna add amp or speaker...

ur weight is a no sweat for this baby...smooth ride... :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brownkai/X8gathering1-2.jpg

Originally posted by leo_rider@Sep 19 2006, 01:58 AM

how much is the machine price for a new X8 now?? :confused:

cuz might b getting back an X8.. :cheeky:

i think the price for new X8 have not much changes... $8000+ machine price....

or u might wanna wait for X8 400cc coming in this year end...

:thumb: :lovestruck:

Originally posted by Brownkai@Sep 19 2006, 02:31 AM

i think the price for new X8 have not much changes... $8000+ machine price....

or u might wanna wait for X8 400cc coming in this year end...

:thumb: :lovestruck:

lolx.. this afternoon went to ask the price already.. lowest i get ard west area is $8.3k OTR (w/o insurance) add my insurance & IU, become $9.1k... :sweat:

think most prob wait till X8 400cc comes then decide lor.. :lovestruck:

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Originally posted by raden@Sep 20 2006, 11:32 AM

hi....just wanna know wat is the top speed for this bike in stock???

i hope an honest rider could answer this Q...

thanks >>> :cheeky:

was travelling at abt 125km/h on expressway with full throttle and speed is still slowing increasing but have to slow down as filtering out....

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Hi All!

Been riding my X8 for the past 1 and a half weeks and loving it.

I'm a bit concerned about my tyre pressures because just the other night, a kind Taxi driver told me that my tyres looked a bit flat and I went to the nearby gas station to have the tyres pumped, but I didn't know what is the right pressures and I didn't want to blow the tires by pumping at an aggressive pressure.

I can't seem to find any good information about the right tire pressures on this thread. The wheel tire specs listed on the specs sheet are a bit confusing, perhaps someone can explain in layman terms what this mean.

Front Tyre - Without air chamber: 120/70-40"

Rear Tyre - Without air chamber: 130/70-12

I did find some information on the X8 Manual that may be useful though, I'm also going to list down the suspension settings.

Here's what they say on page 24 regarding Tyre pressures.

Characteristic

Front Tyre

Front tyre inflation pressure : 2.0 bar

Front Tyre (with accessories)

Front fire inflation pressure (with accessories) : 2.3 bar

Rear Tyre (Rider Only)

Rear tyre inflation pressure (Rider Only): 2.2 bar

Tyre pressure (rear wheel driver and passenger)

Rear wheel (driver and passenger) : 2.6 bar

On page 25 regarding Shock Absorber adjustment

Shock absorber adjustment

The preloading of the springs can be adjusted in 4 positions by working on the ring nut located in the lower part of the shock absorbers, using the specific spanner supplied.

Position 1 minimum preloading: dirver only

Position 2 medium preloading: driver only

Position 3 medium preloading: driver and passenger

Position 4 Maximum preloading: driver, passenger and luggage.

In order to carry out this operation, you will need to use the specific spanner in the kit.

Hope this information is useful to fellow X8ers! And for new owners, please read the manual thoroughly, the information inside is very important to keep your X8 running in top condition.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5076/x82010thumb.jpg

Since 13th September 2006

Refurbished since 29th January 2010

Originally posted by weeliano@Sep 22 2006, 09:29 AM

Hi All!

Been riding my X8 for the past 1 and a half weeks and loving it.

I'm a bit concerned about my tyre pressures because just the other night, a kind Taxi driver told me that my tyres looked a bit flat and I went to the nearby gas station to have the tyres pumped, but I didn't know what is the right pressures and I didn't want to blow the tires by pumping at an aggressive pressure.

I can't seem to find any good information about the right tire pressures on this thread. The wheel tire specs listed on the specs sheet are a bit confusing, perhaps someone can explain in layman terms what this mean.

Front Tyre - Without air chamber: 120/70-40"

Rear Tyre - Without air chamber: 130/70-12

I did find some information on the X8 Manual that may be useful though, I'm also going to list down the suspension settings.

Here's what they say on page 24 regarding Tyre pressures.

Characteristic

Front Tyre

Front tyre inflation pressure : 2.0 bar

Front Tyre (with accessories)

Front fire inflation pressure (with accessories) : 2.3 bar

Rear Tyre (Rider Only)

Rear tyre inflation pressure (Rider Only): 2.2 bar

Tyre pressure (rear wheel driver and passenger)

Rear wheel (driver and passenger) : 2.6 bar

On page 25 regarding Shock Absorber adjustment

Shock absorber adjustment

The preloading of the springs can be adjusted in 4 positions by working on the ring nut located in the lower part of the shock absorbers, using the specific spanner supplied.

Position 1 minimum preloading: dirver only

Position 2 medium preloading: driver only

Position 3 medium preloading: driver and passenger

Position 4 Maximum preloading: driver, passenger and luggage.

In order to carry out this operation, you will need to use the specific spanner in the kit.

Hope this information is useful to fellow X8ers! And for new owners, please read the manual thoroughly, the information inside is very important to keep your X8 running in top condition.

hi...Can u list some of the good things besides having a big compartment especially below the seat....

thanks >>>

:cheeky:

:popcorn:

Originally posted by raden@Sep 22 2006, 11:07 AM

hi...Can u list some of the good things besides having a big compartment especially below the seat....

thanks >>>

:cheeky:

Okay here are some of my thoughts about riding the X8.

I'm a first time scooter rider and the first scooter is the X8 and so I can't really compare with any existing scooters. The last motorbike I rode was what I was learning on the Honda CG125.

What I like about the X8.

1. 198cc, it accelerates much faster and can easily out run other bikes at lower capacities, though for the moment I'm going easy on the throttle as I'm still in the running in phase. The extra power the 198cc delivers can help you get out of dangerous situations when required.

2. It is very stable at medium to high speeds. The training on the narrow plank really comes into play when riding the X8 at lower speeds.

3. The sitting position is extremely comfortable, may be a tad too comfortable for some and that my cause you to lose concentration like I did and nearly caused an accident just now.

4. Although I had some reservations about riding an auto transmission twist and go scooter, it turned out to be much better than I thought. The throttle is quick and responsive.

5. Steering the X8 is quite easy and the disc brakes on both the front wheel and rear wheel worked very well. The response and stopping power provided by the disc brakes are excellent.

6. Riding Pillion on the X8 is a very comfortable experience as my mother can attest and the scooter can more than carry the extra load.

Okay here are some of the things to be aware of the X8.

1. The X8 is rather heavy and you need to be quite strong to push it around during parking or moving off.

2. The side stand has a strong spring attached so that it flips up when you are about to go. I felt the side stand is a little flimsy for my taste and it doesn't grip very well. I read one X8 owner accidentally toppled his X8, broke a side mirror and got some scratches because the sidestand spring just activated when the scooter is lightly nudged. I use my main stand all the time for parking or even stopping for a short while, I rarely use the side stand.

3. The scooter tyres compared to motorcycle tyres are much smaller and thus the turn radius and lean angle and speed during turn must be carefully observed. Turning at high speed I feel is not a good idea and even worse during wet weather. So far I have only driven on roads after the rain and not during rain and the tyres seem to do their job well provided you don't speed and turn like Valentino Rossi :cheeky: Riding at slow speed with a pillion and keeping your balance on smaller wheels I feel is more challenging than on larger wheels. Make sure your passenger cooperate by not shifting his or her weight around too much.

4. The seating position is rather high and some people might find it a bit weird, but the extra height does offer a higher perspective of road conditions though the increased profile can be affected by strong side winds. I'm 1.73m tall and I find that I have to shift by butt slightly to allow my foot to support the scooter when I'm stopping at a junction.

5. Although I received the scooter brand new, I realised the dealer didn't pump enough air in my tyres and I realised my ride isn't as smooth as I expected. After pumping the tyres to the manufacturer's specification, I can feel my ride feeling very much smoother and probably my fuel consumption efficiency will probably improve as well.

6. I checked my shock absorbers settings and right now it is set at the minimum setting and although this is sufficient for the time being, I'll be receiving my top box eventually and I will want to carry more stuff, you can actually adjust the stiffness of the springs yourself using a special tool that comes with it.

Hope this info is useful!

Hi All!

Need some advice here. I think I have accidentally kicked away the oil impregnated foam filter clear plastic cap and retaining pin while kicking down my main stand. Now the oil is dripping down and I have temporarily plugged it with a small rubber stopper. Is there anywhere I can get spares besides the Piaggio Service centre?

Attached are images of the mentioned component.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4329/smlimg0073xd5.jpg

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/9660/smlimg0074iz7.jpg

Hi all X8ers,

I juz got my x8 on the 11th of sept n i juz wan to vent my frustration!! cuz the moment i got my ride, i realised that the speedo n odometer was not workin. but nvm, cuz when i took it back to the centre, the very nice mr yap promptly asked his guy to repair it. but the most frustrating thing was, juz last fri, when i was riding on the rd. the rear wheel juz jam n locked!!! yes... n this nearly cause my gf n i to fall down. luckly i was travelling on the extreme left lane. i tried to push the bike but it cant move at all. engine can start dunno wats wrong so i had no choice but to call tow truck n bring it back to the centre to check.. 2 problems in juz less den two wks of riding.. i really so suai ar!!! hopefully tomolo they manage to fixed up my bike.

Originally posted by weeliano@Sep 22 2006, 05:19 PM

Hi All!

Need some advice here. I think I have accidentally kicked away the oil impregnated foam filter clear plastic cap and retaining pin while kicking down my main stand. Now the oil is dripping down and I have temporarily plugged it with a small rubber stopper. Is there anywhere I can get spares besides the Piaggio Service centre?

Attached are images of the mentioned component.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4329/smlimg0073xd5.jpg

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/9660/smlimg0074iz7.jpg

hey weeliano,

I'm not sure if other workshops do keep stock of it. It's best to check with PSC to see if they have stock for it :smile:

Hi Rasid! Thanks for your tip!

Now I have another potentially damaging problem. I have my X8 for less than 2 and a half weeks and after the stopper went missing, I'm starting to have the coolant temperature red-lining on me. At first I thought it was my air filter so I disassembled and inspected it but found it to be in good working condition and no obstruction.

I tried to check my coolant level but the cap was screwed in so tight that I can't remove it to check it.

I'm very scared to continue riding the scooter as I don't want the overheating to damage the engine.

All I can say right now is that I'm extremely disappointed with my X8 :mad: !

Short of sending my scoot to PSC, there's nothing much I can do.

I checked my scooter again, this time by pointing a torchlight under the front fairing so that I can take a look at the coolant tank. There's nothing there! There's no liquid sloshing there! Or are they completely drained to the radiator? I'm going to let the scooter cool overnight and see if I can unscrew the coolant cap again.

No luck, tried to unscrew the coolant cap again and I did read the instructions, it says unscrew counter-clockwise but the cap seemed welded to the coolant tank. I even tried to use a monkey wrench and hot water to try to loosen it, but with zeroluck. I will have to call up PSC for an appointment. This is so damn frustrating, I can't even use my scooter for my first week at work! This has no doubt shaken my confidence on the Piaggio brand. :sian:

Called up PSC and got my scooter towed and serviced. Received it yesterday and so far so good. Service is prompt and efficient! Kudos to Mr. Yap for answering my queries. :thumb:

Turned out that the fan has mulfunctioned and caused my X8 to redline on the coolant meter.

Originally posted by weeliano@Sep 27 2006, 09:31 AM

Called up PSC and got my scooter towed and serviced. Received it yesterday and so far so good. Service is prompt and efficient! Kudos to Mr. Yap for answering my queries. :thumb:

Turned out that the fan has mulfunctioned and caused my X8 to redline on the coolant meter.

Wow then u are lucky, I thought there is something wrong with your water pump. :smile:

X8ers Club

X8ers Namelist

Name / Nic / Mobile / Stayin arnd

1. Rasid / disar / 97378487 / Pasir ris

2. Edison / matchbox9 / 96387456 / Geylang East

3. Larry / larlee / 97657445 / Buangkok

4. Melvin / busytiger / 97420602 / Punggol

5. yeong / scorpionx8 / 98201962 / admiralty drive

6. izal / shekari / 94230991 / tampines st. 71

7. Ben / beachboyzsg / 91501378 / Serangoon North

8. David / panzer-x9 / 96911770 / Tampines st 11

9. Andy / tbteng / 98159984 / admiralty drive

10. Ken / Gabbana / 97915331 / Yishun

11. Marcus Lim / marcusdeming / 8118 7447 / Teck Whye Ave

12. Muhaimin / Kimi_X8 / 93387223 / Choa Chu Kang

13. Haeikal / Varastormer / 90469931 / Woodlands

14. Simon / firestorm_33 / 92745438 / Yishun

15. Felix / Felix / 96795533 / Simei

16. Boon / xboon / 93665531 / Bedok North

17. Raymond / babylone / 91526362 / Dover Road

18. Austin / Ultramantaro / 94552732 / _______

19. Ernst / Ernst / 98433566 / Hougang

20. Dominic / Josh / 96902543 / Upper Bukit Timah

21. Ahmad / Ahmad / 91707801 / Tampines

22. Beh / Beh / 93897710 / Hougang

23. Yappies / Yappies / 90992007

24. desmond /Goldstar / 98565557/rivervale crescent

25. dian /fatboy71/98577961/Compassvale Link (weekends) or Everton Park

26. Roger/scorpio76/90224669/Tampines

27. philip/ahhan/98719012/jalan bukit merah

28. Hasemi / Recon X8er / 90447462 / Bedok

29. Terry / Potato / 97477856 / ________

30. Ron / sensible_x8 / 97699026 / bedok reservoir

31. Rostam / Tamtam / 98572737 / bukit panjang

32. Desmond / sgbdk / 94753075 / _______

33. Thomas / Itbike / 90909215 / Yishun

34. Wira / Baktira / 94517576 / Choa Chu Kang

35. Kai / Brownkai / 93889685 / Toa Payoh

36. Lawrence / Lawrence_yeu / 91713678 / Bukit Merah

37. Sum / Bengzz / 97517225 / Commonwealth

38. Daniel/whyme_82/81834789/Clementi

Hi all, I think im the latest in the list ba. Any more new X8ers?

Cheers

Guys, if you realise your X8 has a problem or even suspect having a problem, feel free to call PSC and talk to Mr Yap as he will be more than grateful to answer all your questions or queries.

I have personnally talk to him before and i do still remember one thing that he mention.

which is - Not all goods will have manufactor problem but there will always be one or two of the thousand or million that will just show the fault hence it’s always good to highlight your individual bike problems to him as different bike different stuff.( NO 2 bikes in this world is the same in everything)

Do enjoy your riding with your X8.

Take care, all X8ers.

Till our next outing..........disar ..... WHEN huh?? :cheeky:[/I]

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

Originally posted by firestorm_33@Oct 2 2006, 04:06 PM

Guys, if you realise your X8 has a problem or even suspect having a problem, feel free to call PSC@‚‚Ž‚„@‚”‚‚Œ‚‹@‚”‚@‚l‚’@‚x‚‚@‚‚“@‚ˆ‚…@‚—‚‰‚Œ‚Œ@‚‚‚…@‚‚‚’‚…@‚”‚ˆ‚‚Ž@‚‡‚’‚‚”‚…‚†‚•‚Œ@‚”‚@‚‚Ž‚“‚—‚…‚’@‚‚Œ‚Œ@‚™‚‚•‚’@‚‘‚•‚…‚“‚”‚‰‚‚Ž‚“@‚‚’@‚‘‚•‚…‚’‚‰‚…‚“D

‚h@‚ˆ‚‚–‚…@‚‚…‚’‚“‚‚Ž‚Ž‚‚Œ‚Œ‚™@‚”‚‚Œ‚‹@‚”‚@‚ˆ‚‰‚@‚‚‚…‚†‚‚’‚…@‚‚Ž‚„@‚‰@‚„‚@‚“‚”‚‰‚Œ‚Œ@‚’‚…‚‚…‚‚‚‚…‚’@‚‚Ž‚…@‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚Ž‚‡@‚”‚ˆ‚‚”@‚ˆ‚…@‚‚…‚Ž‚”‚‰‚‚ŽD

‚—‚ˆ‚‰‚ƒ‚ˆ@‚‰‚“@|@‚m‚‚”@‚‚Œ‚Œ@‚‡‚‚‚„‚“@‚—‚‰‚Œ‚Œ@‚ˆ‚‚–‚…@‚‚‚Ž‚•‚†‚‚ƒ‚”‚‚’@‚‚’‚‚‚‚Œ‚…‚@‚‚‚•‚”@‚”‚ˆ‚…‚’‚…@‚—‚‰‚Œ‚Œ@‚‚Œ‚—‚‚™‚“@‚‚‚…@‚‚Ž‚…@‚‚’@‚”‚—‚@‚‚†@‚”‚ˆ‚…@‚”‚ˆ‚‚•‚“‚‚Ž‚„@‚‚’@‚‚‰‚Œ‚Œ‚‰‚‚Ž@‚”‚ˆ‚‚”@‚—‚‰‚Œ‚Œ@‚Š‚•‚“‚”@‚“‚ˆ‚‚—@‚”‚ˆ‚…@‚†‚‚•‚Œ‚”@‚ˆ‚…‚Ž‚ƒ‚…@‚‰‚”f‚“@‚‚Œ‚—‚‚™‚“@‚‡‚‚‚„@‚”‚@‚ˆ‚‰‚‡‚ˆ‚Œ‚‰‚‡‚ˆ‚”@‚™‚‚•‚’@‚‰‚Ž‚„‚‰‚–‚‰‚„‚•‚‚Œ@‚‚‚‰‚‹‚…@‚‚’‚‚‚‚Œ‚…‚‚“@‚”‚@‚ˆ‚‰‚@‚‚“@‚„‚‰‚†‚†‚…‚’‚…‚Ž‚”@‚‚‚‰‚‹‚…@‚„‚‰‚†‚†‚…‚’‚…‚Ž‚”@‚“‚”‚•‚†‚†Di@‚m‚n@‚Q@‚‚‚‰‚‹‚…‚“@‚‰‚Ž@‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚“@‚—‚‚’‚Œ‚„@‚‰‚“@‚”‚ˆ‚…@‚“‚‚‚…@‚‰‚Ž@‚…‚–‚…‚’‚™‚”‚ˆ‚‰‚Ž‚‡j

‚c‚@‚…‚Ž‚Š‚‚™@‚™‚‚•‚’@‚’‚‰‚„‚‰‚Ž‚‡@‚—‚‰‚”‚ˆ@‚™‚‚•‚’@‚w‚WD

‚s‚‚‹‚…@‚ƒ‚‚’‚…C@‚‚Œ‚Œ@‚w‚W‚…‚’‚“D

‚s‚‰‚Œ‚Œ@‚‚•‚’@‚Ž‚…‚˜‚”@‚‚•‚”‚‰‚Ž‚‡DDDDDDDDDD‚„‚‰‚“‚‚’@DDDDD@‚v‚g‚d‚m@‚ˆ‚•‚ˆHH@:cheeky:[/I]

yea... i think i will call up for Mr Yap again...

cos got a bad exp with the PSC frontdesk admin ppl... got AP...

I also strongly recommend ppl have doubt abt their piaggio bike can call them up first n ask for yap...

dun go down without calling them make app or wat or they will chase u out...this is wat i got it from them... haha...

:sian:

Originally posted by weeliano@Sep 24 2006, 10:37 PM

Hi Rasid! Thanks for your tip!

Now I have another potentially damaging problem. I have my X8 for less than 2 and a half weeks and after the stopper went missing, I'm starting to have the coolant temperature red-lining on me. At first I thought it was my air filter so I disassembled and inspected it but found it to be in good working condition and no obstruction.

I tried to check my coolant level but the cap was screwed in so tight that I can't remove it to check it.

I'm very scared to continue riding the scooter as I don't want the overheating to damage the engine.

All I can say right now is that I'm extremely disappointed with my X8 :mad: !

Short of sending my scoot to PSC, there's nothing much I can do.

I checked my scooter again, this time by pointing a torchlight under the front fairing so that I can take a look at the coolant tank. There's nothing there! There's no liquid sloshing there! Or are they completely drained to the radiator? I'm going to let the scooter cool overnight and see if I can unscrew the coolant cap again.

No luck, tried to unscrew the coolant cap again and I did read the instructions, it says unscrew counter-clockwise but the cap seemed welded to the coolant tank. I even tried to use a monkey wrench and hot water to try to loosen it, but with zeroluck. I will have to call up PSC for an appointment. This is so damn frustrating, I can't even use my scooter for my first week at work! This has no doubt shaken my confidence on the Piaggio brand. :sian:

Hi there , dont feel bad about it. It not all bikes like that. Remember at least you are still under warrenty its best all this problems come now or to come later after warenty, talk to Mr yap nicely . He is a nice man he will solve your problems. I know its fustrating , i have encounter many problems worst than u the first time when i ride mine x9 . i have change almost all the most expensive parts within a year and a half of riding . from coolant pump to CDI . End up i still buy back x8 ( currently riding) I cant give up the comfort and extra storage the x8 can give me. And of course the pick up. Best .... Hope you will solve all your problems soon once and for all and have a safe ride. Remember dont vent your frustration on PSC , they dont want that to happen to your bike too.

http://www.tones4u.net/wap/pics/sweet.jpg

Originally posted by PANZER-X9@Oct 2 2006, 11:17 PM

Remember dont vent your frustration on PSC , they dont want that to happen to your bike too.

Never agree more. :thumb:

:smile:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

What: X8ers Club Meet Up

Where: Kallang KFC

When : 20th October 2006

Time : 8 p.m.

Agenda : To welcome new members to the club

After : Riding and goin for Supper (GP ride anyone?)

Names:

1. disar

2. Kimi

3. Fatboy71

4. Ben

5. Recon

6. Vara

7. Goldstar