SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X8 Cafe

leo_rider

Hi Josh, PSC open from 8.30 - 5.30, you have to book in advance, i just book mine for 19th May. Btw, i have also just install the light switch at a bike shop in Syed Alwi road, it cost $30, I think there are other shops which offer cheaper. According to the mechanic, the switch can only off the main light switch, and not the 2 small lights, the back light, number plate light and the dashboard light.

Thanks busytiger...

I'll go down and have a look! me thinking fixing voltmeter to check battery condition oso.... Most of the scooters in the forum have this, in case the battery go flat suddenly. Yup, my appt is on the 17th May (next tues), just fix with them liao..

Anyway, definitely not looking to switch off the rest, riding without those are kind of dangerous, even during daytime.. Just recover from a pretty bad accident.. *touch wood* Never want to see another...

Scare.. Scare... Safety first!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by horizoner@May 9 2005, 12:03 PM

just wonder if i can view yr cut seat? wanna see how different will it be :smile:

I'm at Tampines if you are some where around. I did not cut that much, so if I shift myself all the way to front, both my feet can get to the ground. if seat all the way to the back (more comfort as more sponge) i still have to use one leg only.

So, it is all about how much you want to cut. I saw one guy at service centre have a very deep cut as he is short.

Any way, the shop will do the cut according to your liking, so cut until you feel ok before apply the cover.

one of the consideration is the seat width as that will affect your comfort. The original seat on X8 is wider than X9.

Good luck.

Originally posted by leo_rider@May 8 2005, 02:16 PM

agar how much??

:smile:

it depend :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Originally posted by Takahashi@May 9 2005, 09:32 PM

hi bros, how mush you bros got the x8 for? can share share info? thanks!!

Call Kenny...hehehe...

the last time i check the price is $7.5k+++ OTR... :smile:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/brownkai/X8gathering1-2.jpg

Originally posted by josh@May 8 2005, 02:47 PM

Thinking of fixing the PICS (Piaggio Integrated Communication System) for my X8, but can't seem to find info on it! Dun know whether competable anot? Haven't even gone for first servicing yet, so will go down tomorrow and ask...

Wonder whether the PSC has the PICS to try out...

Read that you guys all got fitted switches for your headlight, think thats a great idea, since like most parts in the scooter is electric and would depend largely on the battery, better to keep it from drying up too fast!

Oh, by the way, does anyone know when the service center open and till what time? Me thinking of going down first thing tomorrow to get my first servcing and check out the accessories that i could fix...

Thanks in advance...

PICS cost you $300+++++ for brand new, if you want, i think quite a few wanna sell as seldom use.

PSC open from 8.30 to 5.30 pm

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Originally posted by josh@May 9 2005, 10:29 AM

Just for those new piaggio riders like me running in their x8 or x9 bikes, take note that first servcing is at 1000km but do call at around 800km to book your servcing date coz PSC need one week advance.. Bike production mechanic told me 800, 1600, 2400km, listen until i blur blur! Can lao jiao x8 riders like leo_rider and potato pls advise.. Know you guys had the bike for quite sometime liao... :smile:

Was reading all the old postings about PSC yesterday then realise need to book appt, cannot just go down like going bike shop. So called them just now to ask for date and servcing timing, then they say next week then got slot! Me already run 850km, by next week sure around 1400km liao, coz my work requires me to travel quite a lot.. Wonder whether it would spolit the engine anot..

Me never run in any bike before, was riding all second hand bikes last time coz poor student... Anyway, manage to do 300km on one full tank, so quite happy with the X8 so far... Love the space too! :cheeky:

Try to book according to your riding distance, advise to book 1 - 2 weeks in advance.

servicing should be @ 1000, 3000, 5000 & 10,000km

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Originally posted by busytiger@May 9 2005, 11:28 AM

Hi anyone here knows if the back brake light cover and signal light cover can be change to the transparent clear type like X9? if yes, how much? and which shop? :smile:

ONLY plac eto check is Piaggio, if they dun carry i dun think anyone else have it for the moment as the bike is still new in the market :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Thanks for the info Kenny...

The x9 PICS i dun know whether can fix on X8 anot ley? You are the expert, pls advise...

Anyway, with regards to the price, i can't help you guys there, i bought mine from one of the guys in the forum who couldn't ride after buying for a less than a month due to parents objection. So my COI is higher (5%) and my downpayment is a lot lower coz he paid for most of it so that i can take over the bike without losing money! I think the bike price is around 8.5k after paying for everything including isurance if you are over 26 that is... Did the rest of you guys pay around there too???

Actually, it amounts to the same overall price for me buying it second hand or first hand... Just lower down payment i think! No complains so far, the bike is working fine! Just needed a comfortable transport which isn't too expensive to maintain for my work..

As for isurance, i'm on mitsu... above 26 liao, so $450 like that for third party theft and fire (2nd Party) with my brother as sub-rider...

Originally posted by josh@May 10 2005, 01:47 AM

Thanks for the info Kenny...

The x9 PICS i dun know whether can fix on X8 anot ley? You are the expert, pls advise...

Anyway, with regards to the price, i can't help you guys there, i bought mine from one of the guys in the forum who couldn't ride after buying for a less than a month due to parents objection. So my COI is higher (5%) and my downpayment is a lot lower coz he paid for most of it so that i can take over the bike without losing money! I think the bike price is around 8.5k after paying for everything including isurance if you are over 26 that is... Did the rest of you guys pay around there too???

Actually, it amounts to the same overall price for me buying it second hand or first hand... Just lower down payment i think! No complains so far, the bike is working fine! Just needed a comfortable transport which isn't too expensive to maintain for my work..

As for isurance, i'm on mitsu... above 26 liao, so $450 like that for third party theft and fire (2nd Party) with my brother as sub-rider...

OTR cost is around S$8000, doenpayment can be done a 1k :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

Originally posted by DT8666@May 9 2005, 08:10 PM

I'm at Tampines if you are some where around. I did not cut that much, so if I shift myself all the way to front, both my feet can get to the ground. if seat all the way to the back (more comfort as more sponge) i still have to use one leg only.

So, it is all about how much you want to cut. I saw one guy at service centre have a very deep cut as he is short.

Any way, the shop will do the cut according to your liking, so cut until you feel ok before apply the cover.

one of the consideration is the seat width as that will affect your comfort. The original seat on X8 is wider than X9.

Good luck.

thanks very much for yr reply :smile:

I know that x8 is much higher and wider than x9 in term of seat. That's y i chose the latter. hahaha

Selling my

- X9 Evo Winter Windshield

Feb 2004 - Sep 2004: TA 150

Sep 2004 - V Day 2009: X9 Evo

Jun 2008 - ~~~~~ : Fit GD 1.3 A

Originally posted by josh@May 9 2005, 10:29 AM

Just for those new piaggio riders like me running in their x8 or x9 bikes, take note that first servcing is at 1000km but do call at around 800km to book your servcing date coz PSC need one week advance.. Bike production mechanic told me 800, 1600, 2400km, listen until i blur blur! Can lao jiao x8 riders like leo_rider and potato pls advise.. Know you guys had the bike for quite sometime liao... :smile:

Was reading all the old postings about PSC yesterday then realise need to book appt, cannot just go down like going bike shop. So called them just now to ask for date and servcing timing, then they say next week then got slot! Me already run 850km, by next week sure around 1400km liao, coz my work requires me to travel quite a lot.. Wonder whether it would spolit the engine anot..

Me never run in any bike before, was riding all second hand bikes last time coz poor student... Anyway, manage to do 300km on one full tank, so quite happy with the X8 so far... Love the space too! :cheeky:

:giddy: don't call me lao jiao...

me also jus got the bike not too long...

jus tat b4 i got x8, i ride other bike only nia...

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Oh.. me rode a 12 yr old bike for 2 years oso.. but had a rather bad accident last August, then now the X8 lor.. But my knowledge for scooters is a big fat ZERO! So now surfing and reading everything about LEADER engine and CVT!

Lately i've been thinking about how to change my tranmission belt!!! But of coz, it isn't anywhere near the time for changing it yet! Just riding for transport so want to prepare for stuff!

Originally posted by josh@May 12 2005, 08:36 PM

Oh.. me rode a 12 yr old bike for 2 years oso.. but had a rather bad accident last August, then now the X8 lor.. But my knowledge for scooters is a big fat ZERO! So now surfing and reading everything about LEADER engine and CVT!

Lately i've been thinking about how to change my tranmission belt!!! But of coz, it isn't anywhere near the time for changing it yet! Just riding for transport so want to prepare for stuff!

Normally, belt change at 12000km.

Hey, thanks for the info!

This few days not riding.. Coz driving bro's car! Leaving the X8 to cool off at home, the mileage is at servicing level liao, but my servicing date is next Tuesday, so trying to minimise usage! The last thing i want is an engine problem for a brand new bike!

Hope the last owner of the bike who is a newbie didn't wack the bike when it is below a 1000km! (Wonder whether he even run in the bike?) Anyway, just realise one of my signal lights just died after running just 980km! Shesshhh... Is there a leak in the cover, how come so fast spolit liao? Anyone with the same experience?

any1 interested to change the position light, and the tail licence's light to white, or blue in colour????

me wanna change soon..

looking for more kakis to change together...

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Just got mine service at 3000KM and found that they have the tall screen available!! So toke it and installed! Cost $190 w/gst.

back back home and happy with it as no more strong wind directly blow to the face.

Attached with some pictures for your viewing. Not easy to see from pic:giddy:

The screen is not tinted so not sure it will hv those X9 screen issue like getting darker (dirt) after long use...

no going at 100 yet. so far tried 90+ and still ok.

The Safety reminder claim that not to go above 100. for that $$, I recommend to do it, feel so good.

only issue is you may knock your head when you push the bike sometime!!

DT bro...

wont that feels hot when all the winds are blocked out?

my concerns are the wobbling part too...u might feel a bit more drag on this windsheild...

but nevertheless...100% on safety! :thumb:

-BREMBO-

My Bike Blogs!