SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Full Face Helmet of Half Face

HolyFuk

The brand is on the helmet. its a Wel known German Helmet with a chin guard.

Look at the pic below :

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/antonioshabirto/chinguard.jpg

FYI :

Its certainly not a helmet to go coffee shop. Its not any kinda of cheap helmet on the market.

A OF giving safety aspects similar to that of a FF.. Cooooool...:angel:

http://robeastblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/jabbawockeez_red.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've been ripped if you bought your RGX for $200. Many places even like non-helmet/apparel shops sell it at range of 160~180.

Yup, bought it on the very day I passed my class2b 4 years ago at Regina. Still alright lah $200 divided by 4-5 yrs ... :) It saved my chin once.

c26492.jpg

i've searched schuberth j1 before,

and found it in chiap lee..

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81490

price was 720 S$. :help:

and IMHO, the inner padding is quite thin.

As mention before you are right. Chiap Lee is the agent.

Inner padding is ok for me. Its really quiet and very comfy.

Price is cheap compared to bringing it in urself.

Original Market is selling at 250-300pound without shiping.

That adds to almost $1k Sing dollar.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/antonioshabirto/shoei1.jpg

http://motoplanete.com/mv-agusta/SBR11_MVVRloop.gif

I probably look damn funny...just got my 2B a couple of months ago...p-plate on my just bought 5yr old noisy Phantom, black gloves, leather work shoes, black full-face RJays Striker helmet...but here's why I went full face...

I was driving along AMK ave 1 at night (about 1-year ago), this ang-mo on a harley zoomed past me towards thomson...he was wearing those retro open face half-helmet...kinda like those you see in WWII movies. Anyway...I saw him again 2 major road junctions later...his nice harley flat on the road in the middle lane...he was in the middle lane also, but about 10m from his bike...face down. I had to slowly drive around him...as my car passed him, I looked at him and he was trying to look up...I saw big piece of white skin hanging off his chin...see already hair on my neck all stand.

So...I look funny on bike...p-plate and still trying to learn how to handle the phantom...with nice glossy black full face helmet...but then again, I need to answer to my wife and 3 kids!

Nothing wrong with wearing a full face helmet.

Won't look funny either.

I do the same thing too.

Long sleeve office wear, black full length leather gloves, Black Rjay Flip-up/ Rjay FF and steel toe safety boots.

By the way, I ride a Phantom TA200 too. :)

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Just a simple question, the day u happen to *touch wood* accident, would be rather be wearing Shoei/Arai or Shoie/Aral?

And bike accidents are not that rare in singapore.

A bike cost $5000.

A good helmet $500.

10% of your bike price, but may well outlast your ownership of the current bike.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

Just a simple question, the day u happen to *touch wood* accident, would be rather be wearing Shoei/Arai or Shoie/Aral?

And bike accidents are not that rare in singapore.

A bike cost $5000.

A good helmet $500.

10% of your bike price, but may well outlast your ownership of the current bike.

Good and logical reasoning :)

$500 sounds reasonable when compared to the price of the bike. And if you are buying a brand new class2 machine, $500 is peanuts right? But it feels like ALOT of money when you are buying just a helmet. I guess we got to bite the bullet and just go get a good FF helmet and forget about it. Good helments last a long time (although we are encouraged to replace our helmet every 5years?)

BTW I've been eyeing on the $400++ HJC AC-12 carbon fiber helmet as my next investment but it hasn't got any PSB sticker on it. The Shoei Z-5 is dam cool too! Anyone knows the price?

Ok might as well post the links:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/carbon/

http://jp.shoei.com/products/ja/helmet_detail.php?id=35

c26492.jpg

• 9 months later...

i'm using hjc fg-14. full-face is good when i go on long trips but sometimes on shorter trips its a hassle to carry around. anyone got any sugguestions for cheap helmet bags for ff?

2008 July - 2010 March: Daelim Roadwin R 125 (FBC 8363 K)

2010 March - 2011 September: SYM GTS 200 (FBD 7445 J)

2011 September - 2013 April: Yamaha Fazer fz6s2 (FBB 5824 Y)

2013 March - now: Honda NC700XD (FBH **** D)

I started riding 26 years ago when full face helmets were not allowed in Singapore.

One of our riding kaki who lost control and entered the Yio chu kang canal was given a new face by surgeons at Tan Tock Seng due to reconstruction of the jaw area.

Had he been wearing a full face, there would probably be no facial injury. He had no other serious body injuries excepy some light abrasions.

So, now that we are allowed to wear full face helmets, please do so always when you get on a bike, even if to ride for a short distance.

Make it easy for yourself, DON't OWN an open face helmet, so you don't have a choice.

to me there's no such thing as wearing a ff is funny or not.. no matter what bike you are riding.. safety comes first.. my flip up helmet visor cracked recently and i am frantically looking for another flip up or ff helmet now..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

to me there's no such thing as wearing a ff is funny or not.. no matter what bike you are riding.. safety comes first.. my flip up helmet visor cracked recently and i am frantically looking for another flip up or ff helmet now..

i have a used shark S800 black with graphics (no visor) to give away. if interested can pm me.

Slow Rider

I started riding 26 years ago when full face helmets were not allowed in Singapore.

One of our riding kaki who lost control and entered the Yio chu kang canal was given a new face by surgeons at Tan Tock Seng due to reconstruction of the jaw area.

Had he been wearing a full face, there would probably be no facial injury. He had no other serious body injuries excepy some light abrasions.

So, now that we are allowed to wear full face helmets, please do so always when you get on a bike, even if to ride for a short distance.

Make it easy for yourself, DON't OWN an open face helmet, so you don't have a choice.

totally agreed. IMO 1 of the reason tat not all riders like to wear FF is due to the warm local weather.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/fba8485c/PGMIV250.jpg

I got into an accident once and went face down.. But lucky i used my arms to shield my face from the tarmac or I will have no chin.. After that i got a FF and now rotates between the latter. Depends on distance and what i'm doing..

~ Future Ride ~

CBR600rr :thumb:

~ Current Drive ~

Kia Cerato Forte SX 1.6 SJU

~ Previous Rides ~

1. Spark 135 FBA | 2. NSR 150 SP FS | 3. Yamaha x1 FY | 4. Honda s4 verS FP

A OF giving safety aspects similar to that of a FF.. Cooooool...:angel:

Something else to kill you by strangulation?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

cheap helmet bags? LAB alot. :sweat:

haha cheap ones that are more comfortable. not those string ones.

haha hard to dont own. when taking bike lessons canot wear full face leh