SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

hey fellow pk...anyone knows how much is the cost of front sproket only?coz i jz changed chain n back sproket....this metal grinding stops only for 2 weeks...but now its there again...i change only back sprocket coz usually front sproket wear later then back

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/waziii/photo-1-1.jpg

Phantom ta200 fw: 2008-26/09/2011

Krr150 fba****h: 2011-

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chain and sprockets (front and back) should always be changed as a set.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

what happens if i just add $5 brake fuid without bleeding it.. is it okay?

what is bleeding ? i ask ah chong he say dun need.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

bleeding means flushing the brake line, i.e. to remove all water / air inside.

if ah chong thinks that the brakes have no more "feel" then will he recommend bleeding the brakes... now that I have bled my brakes the front brake no longer spongy... wow... he squeeze squeeze squeeze the front brake so many times and got so much air bubbles come out :giddy:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

Bleeding is to make the brake fluid bleed till he no more blood :cheeky:

hehe he dun want to do for you har? Maybe too busy. Personally. I feel that bleeding is much more worth it then topping up because of performance and that you cant keep it. I feel like offering to do it for you but sadly, doubt that i can afford the time this week.

if ah chong thinks that the brakes have no more "feel" then will he recommend bleeding the brakes... now that I have bled my brakes the front brake no longer spongy... wow... he squeeze squeeze squeeze the front brake so many times and got so much air bubbles come out :giddy:

Correct. :) What dot. grade did he top up with?

Im using putoline fully synthetic Dot 4. Next time i''l either use the dot 3 $4 or caltex. Super easy to diy if you have the equiptments.l

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

hehe he dun want to do for you har? Maybe too busy. Personally. I feel that bleeding is much more worth it then topping up because of performance and that you cant keep it. I feel like offering to do it for you but sadly, doubt that i can afford the time this week.

Im using putoline fully synthetic Dot 4. Next time i''l either use the dot 3 $4 or caltex. Super easy to diy if you have the equiptments.l

he topped up my reservoir with sakura dot 4 :smile:

ah he did unscrew something from my front brakes and squeeze 4-5times.

then some brown liquid came flowing out.

soon after he just pour this bottle of fuid in. $5 for just my front.

i have no idea what grade he pour.. he just pour this dirty old bottle of water in. does not seems to be a new bottle. some left over bottle like that. (white bottle in colour)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

ah he did unscrew something from my front brakes and squeeze 4-5times.

then some brown liquid came flowing out.

soon after he just pour this bottle of fuid in. $5 for just my front.

i have no idea what grade he pour.. he just pour this dirty old bottle of water in. does not seems to be a new bottle. some left over bottle like that. (white bottle in colour)

the brown liquid is brake fluid :cheeky:

he squeezed 4-5 times to check if there is air in the brakeline or not... probably the brakeline doesn't have any air thats why he said no need to bleed...

sounds like the same bottle of brake fluid... of course its leftover! the bottle can probably fill 300 brake reservoirs... dun worry its definitely not water :smile:

haiz.. previously, a kind soul on road told mi tat my chain is very loose n needs to be tighten.. so i went to tighten it straight b4 i go to my destination..

after tightening the chain.. its has alot of sounds.. its sounded like the chain is having friction with the metal thing like tat.??? so i went back n ask the tech to check.. later he make it again.. its still the same.

so is there any prob with my chain or sprocket or anything?

:angry:RiDe iF YoU dArE... lOwEr YoU gO... ThE mOrE KiCk yOu Got...BuT mY fOoTrEsT cHuI...o_O

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

Phantom TA200 - FUxxxxK 24thMar09' to 18thJun11'

RoadWin R125 - FBC****M 23rdJun11'

haiz.. previously, a kind soul on road told mi tat my chain is very loose n needs to be tighten.. so i went to tighten it straight b4 i go to my destination..

after tightening the chain.. its has alot of sounds.. its sounded like the chain is having friction with the metal thing like tat.??? so i went back n ask the tech to check.. later he make it again.. its still the same.

hmmm... where did you tighten your chain...? do you pillion people often? and... is your chain worn out? :confused:

hmmm... where did you tighten your chain...? do you pillion people often? and... is your chain worn out? :confused:

i went back to the shop where i bought my TA200 lor.. tats where i also chg my EO... yup.. everyday pillion my GF ard de.. not sure how to check whether is it worn out.. can teach.. btw the shop is at bukit merah..

if wanna meet up with u also very troublesome cos u staying far hor...:angel:

:angry:RiDe iF YoU dArE... lOwEr YoU gO... ThE mOrE KiCk yOu Got...BuT mY fOoTrEsT cHuI...o_O

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

i went back to the shop where i bought my TA200 lor.. tats where i also chg my EO... yup.. everyday pillion my GF ard de.. not sure how to check whether is it worn out.. can teach.. btw the shop is at bukit merah..

if wanna meet up with u also very troublesome cos u staying far hor...:angel:

wah... bukit merah... bunch of chop shops... singapore isn't very big... you can always travel around... maybe you should try planet too... its at ubi though...

when the sprocket teeth is sharp, it is worn :cheeky:

hi. the sound is caused usually by bad lubrication. Try investing in maxima chain wax. Its very good and anti fling. WHen u adjust chain, must adjust the other side to make it balanced

wah... bukit merah... bunch of chop shops... singapore isn't very big... you can always travel around... maybe you should try planet too... its at ubi though...

ya lor.. wen i get my TA200, i kena chop like nobody biz.

but boh pian, learn from lesson lor.. part of biking life as 1 forummer says..:sian:

i always wanted to go there check my bike.. but quite shy leh go alone.. haha.. oki. will check my sprocket wen going out later...

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

hi. the sound is caused usually by bad lubrication. Try investing in maxima chain wax. Its very good and anti fling. WHen u adjust chain, must adjust the other side to make it balanced

the chain was made by the tech.. i don dare to DIY.. haha.. i saw him adj both side.. tot it will solve the prob.. who know..

seriously is cause by the lub ar?? cos the tech use lub which is brown in colour after adj my chain.

how much does the maxima chain lub cause?

tks for reply!!!!!:):)

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

the brown liquid is brake fluid :cheeky:

he squeezed 4-5 times to check if there is air in the brakeline or not... probably the brakeline doesn't have any air thats why he said no need to bleed...

sounds like the same bottle of brake fluid... of course its leftover! the bottle can probably fill 300 brake reservoirs... dun worry its definitely not water :smile:

oh same as u? so what dot iszt?? so chiong squeeze my brake lever a few times and fuid came out. that is called bleeding? so yours is a old bottle also i assume?

good stuff :thumb:

hopefully my fuild is good stuff ;) is there a different if use a lousy brake fuid

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

sprocket teeth sharp is worn out mehz? thought when is not sharp?

is it true that once the screw for the chain is overscrewed le. meaning worn out and time to change? cause i know that the only thing to see if chain is worn is the screw. am i correct?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

ya lor.. wen i get my TA200, i kena chop like nobody biz.

but boh pian, learn from lesson lor.. part of biking life as 1 forummer says..:sian:

i always wanted to go there check my bike.. but quite shy leh go alone.. haha.. oki. will check my sprocket wen going out later...

dun worry... ah chong is very nice... just bring $1000 just in case :cheeky:

oh same as u? so what dot iszt?? so chiong squeeze my brake lever a few times and fuid came out. that is called bleeding? so yours is a old bottle also i assume?

hopefully my fuild is good stuff ;) is there a different if use a lousy brake fuid

its dot 4... yes that is the first step of bleeding... yea its probably the same bottle :smile:

is it true that once the screw for the chain is overscrewed le. meaning worn out and time to change? cause i know that the only thing to see if chain is worn is the screw. am i correct?

a new sprocket's teeth are quite blunt... like screwdriver ends like that... as time pass the teeth will slowly wear and sharpen...

what about the chain scrrew? how to check and see? any picture to illstru

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

the chain was made by the tech.. i don dare to DIY.. haha.. i saw him adj both side.. tot it will solve the prob.. who know..

seriously is cause by the lub ar?? cos the tech use lub which is brown in colour after adj my chain.

how much does the maxima chain lub cause?

tks for reply!!!!!:):)

$12 for a small bottle and $20 for a big bottle at planet. You stay in the east? If yes, i help u spray and teach your how for free. If it helps, next time teh tarik is on you. :cheeky: but next week la. this week im busy.

dun worry... ah chong is very nice... just bring $1000 just in case :cheeky:

its dot 4... yes that is the first step of bleeding... yea its probably the same bottle :smile:

a new sprocket's teeth are quite blunt... like screwdriver ends like that... as time pass the teeth will slowly wear and sharpen...

If want to change, i suggest planet. because chains got cheong one.

what about the chain scrrew? how to check and see? any picture to illstru

Nope. Usually, we see by uneven bending. Like you chain keeps bouncing up and down, sprocket teeth gone, or the screws have reach the maximum tightening. Usually, leave it to your mechanic to advise.

Refer to the manual. They show you how to see. Sharp and broken = bad sprocket. If you lube often, your set should last you for very long.

You can read up on brake fluid rating. Normal road use dot 3 or 4 is good enough. Dot 5 is for performance and have to change more often.

oh i see.. i lub offen. but dr chiong say need to change the set real soon.

screws as in the the side? mine is only like 50% ONLY. not maxinum yet.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

$12 for a small bottle and $20 for a big bottle at planet. You stay in the east? If yes, i help u spray and teach your how for free. If it helps, next time teh tarik is on you. :cheeky: but next week la. this week im busy.

If want to change, i suggest planet. because chains got cheong one.

Nope. Usually, we see by uneven bending. Like you chain keeps bouncing up and down, sprocket teeth gone, or the screws have reach the maximum tightening. Usually, leave it to your mechanic to advise.

Refer to the manual. They show you how to see. Sharp and broken = bad sprocket. If you lube often, your set should last you for very long.

You can read up on brake fluid rating. Normal road use dot 3 or 4 is good enough. Dot 5 is for performance and have to change more often.

tks alot bro.. i m staying in the west area leh.. very far hor???

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

tks alot bro.. i m staying in the west area leh.. very far hor???

very far. get your chain lub :thumb: or you can try sae 80-90 gear oil.