SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

advice needed on traffic accidents charge.

kogeban

I plan on speaking to the IO again to try and understand anything more about the case if they are willing to share more and submitting my appeal through my insurance company's lawyers.

I came to this forum to share this unfortunate incident with fellow sgbikers. What I regretted is not having a camera with me at the point of time to take down the whole incident.

Yupe. A camera mounted on your bike/helmet might saved a lot of time & effort. Same feeling when i had an accident a year ago.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TS., sometimes it takes a formal appeal or complaint before things will move. If not, urs is just one of the many cases received daily. There are higher profile cases waiting to be entertained.

I plan on speaking to the io again before filling my appeal. If not, the points I make in my appeal will be no different to from that in my statement.

We have a society that’s very docile. We are often unwilling to act when we get trampled upon.

If what you say is true and your only fault is riding without a helmet, you should act -

Get down to the main NUS office and file a complaint against ALL the security personnel.

Also go to the NUS Security Office and file a complaint. Tell them you have filed with the main NUS office.

If it was me I would also file a police report regarding your case.

The TP only has what they receive from NUS security. Right now you don’t have a voice.

Only when you start making your own noise will TP/NUS be forced to listen.

Someone says your gf cant be an independent witness – that’s not true.

You should bring her along when you file your reports – that adds a lot of weight.

By not filing your own report and swallowing the points and fine you are in essence saying you’re guilty.

If I am able to appeal successfully, I will definitely file a complaint to NUS campus security.

My girlfriend had already given her statement the same day I went down to make my statement.

I am not guilty and I am determine to fight this case. Thanks for the advice.

If I am able to appeal successfully, I will definitely file a complaint to NUS campus security.

My girlfriend had already given her statement the same day I went down to make my statement.

I am not guilty and I am determine to fight this case. Thanks for the advice.

To have a good chance, you need to hire a lawyer. The problem is do you wanna spend this type of money?

Ask yourself what does the security guard have to gain from making such a claim? Three days MC? Versus what does he have to lose? Chronic pain or limping especially if he's an old person? Bear in mind security guards usually do not get much medical benefits as they are contractors and not considered fully employed by the university. If he was really injured he has no recourse apart from complaining to TP.

• 4 weeks later...
I truly believe that you really need a lawyer. Though spending that amount of money can be a question but if you can get back in form of compensation then I think you should go for a lawyer. To the least, try to obtain surveillance video from campus. My cousin who works with a Los Angeles DUI attorney gave me this advice.

The surveillance video is not x-ray. It will not show whether there is hairline fracture anywhere on the person involved where they have been physically in contact with you.

What's worse is that it shows you riding without a helmet as well as your bad attitude towards the Security Personnels.

And no. You will not get back compensation. In the event that even the Traffic Police does drop the careless riding charge. You are still liable for your legal fees to the lawyer.

You can win in principle, but fails terribly at human social responsibilities in terms of your already wrong intentions of riding without a helmet and being rude. To have caused an injury is secondary, but overall, your first offence and second offence is already established.

Your call.

:cool:

The surveillance video is not x-ray. It will not show whether there is hairline fracture anywhere on the person involved where they have been physically in contact with you.

What's worse is that it shows you riding without a helmet as well as your bad attitude towards the Security Personnels.

And no. You will not get back compensation. In the event that even the Traffic Police does drop the careless riding charge. You are still liable for your legal fees to the lawyer.

You can win in principle, but fails terribly at human social responsibilities in terms of your already wrong intentions of riding without a helmet and being rude. To have caused an injury is secondary, but overall, your first offence and second offence is already established.

Your call.

Helo Kitty.

If you can intended for your honest views to get thru to young punks nowadays , you had just wasted your time.

Parental failure and probably a failure in the systemic policies as to how the country is being run, both had their hands in the creation of such future generation.

But as usual, my take here will fall on deaf ears on those concerned.

Helo Kitty.

If you can intended for your honest views to get thru to young punks nowadays , you had just wasted your time.

Parental failure and probably a failure in the systemic policies as to how the country is being run, both had their hands in the creation of such future generation.

But as usual, my take here will fall on deaf ears on those concerned.

Well, you tried, I tried, some of us tried.

The kiddos nowadays are not yet world proof. We can only share what we experienced. Same shitty prats, different day. For those who can't seem to learn. Look around you. You already seen how many batches of those kiddos. And how many are actually still here? They left their nicks on this forum, and possibly their reputation that will last as long as this cyberspace forum stands.

:cool:

• 10 months later...

Your call.

without a helmet = "fail terribly at human social responsibilities" :dot:

how about those people in Thailand, Vietnam ... ...

without a helmet = "fail terribly at human social responsibilities" :dot:

how about those people in Thailand, Vietnam ... ...

by all means go live in thailand or vietnam then, in societies where it is the societal norm to ride without helmets.

is it also ok for a family of 5 to ride a single cub-chai here? socially responsible? but the thais, viets and some malaysian villagers also do that what.....

i find it ridiculous to point at other societies' behaviour for validity. like a small child pointing at another child and saying "he can why i cannot?"

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!