SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Why so many classes of bike licence?

BikeLover

Is there a need for 3 classes of bike licences?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a need for 3 classes of bike licences?

I had been wondering abt this.....

I personally felt there are too many of them and such a waste of money to get it so many times. Such a waste of money and taking these licences are not cheap!!!

Maybe to discourage people from riding big cc bikes... kekeke.

For me, cl2b and cl2a is enough.

What do you think?

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BikeLover@Jun 5 2005, 01:08 PM

I had been wondering abt this.....

I personally felt there are too many of them and such a waste of money to get it so many times. Such a waste of money and taking these licences are not cheap!!!

Maybe to discourage people from riding big cc bikes... kekeke.

For me, cl2b and cl2a is enough.

What do you think?

if cost of taking the license is your main concern, then dun learn lor.

else, visit the rally point

Originally posted by josean@Jun 5 2005, 01:28 PM

if cost of taking the license is your main concern, then dun learn lor.

else, visit the rally point

Why pay 100 dollar for something when the fair value in my opinion is 20? Not just money but time as well.

Josean, if you don't have anything constructive to say and trying to be funny and idiotic, pls don't post here in this thread!!! Like what you said "If you are not happy with what I said, then don't post here lor" I am trying to get a general feel of what people think, not to invite brats.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2005-05-21/1sportsindex_i.jpghttp://www.arsenal.com/images/wallpapers/s_facupfinal3.jpg

Base on existing structure, my personal opinion is that 2A is a waste of time and $ ... so 2 classes is enough

If it has to be 3 classes, at least bring the class 2A up to 600cc ... just my humble opinion ... cheers :smile:

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

There is no difference when it comes to paying insurance for class2 bikes.

The insurance co still charge sky high price for a bige capacity bike. They still consider you a big accident risk.

Not forgetting that gahment said before that big bikes in Singapore are luxury goods and therefore road tax for big bikes are very much higher.

Originally posted by kiss29@Jun 5 2005, 04:29 PM

The insurance co still charge sky high price for a bige capacity bike. They still consider you a big accident risk.

Not forgetting that gahment said before that big bikes in Singapore are luxury goods and therefore road tax for big bikes are very much higher.

bikes >400cc r luxury goods..

den cars

:lol:

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Originally posted by misterbean@Jun 5 2005, 03:20 PM

Base on existing structure, my personal opinion is that 2A is a waste of time and $ ... so 2 classes is enough

If it has to be 3 classes, at least bring the class 2A up to 600cc ... just my humble opinion ... cheers :smile:

i agree wif u

:cheer:

Come original, u gotta come original...

just wondering where they get that from...:confused:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by MrLau@Jun 5 2005, 07:19 PM

1 class will do.... Minimum age 26....

No lah, they expect u to carry rifle to defend the nation at 18, and then u can only vote for ur leader at 21??

Now u can only ride a 2 wheel at 26?? Well many ve been riding bicycles since 4 yrs only!

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

Originally posted by Keynes@Jun 6 2005, 02:34 PM

No lah, they expect u to carry rifle to defend the nation at 18, and then u can only vote for ur leader at 21??

Now u can only ride a 2 wheel at 26?? Well many ve been riding bicycles since 4 yrs only!

in USA they sent their 18yo to war but cant drink beer! age limit 21yo :giddy:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

not only singapore practice this regulation

a lot of other country too...

they got from up to 400cc and 400cc and above

2 types of license

what would you think if a 18 year old young punk went out with a haya or R1?

sometimes its not about the law, it's about the ppl under the law

Originally posted by dreamtcs@Jun 6 2005, 06:32 PM

2 types of license

Well Said!

Think thats one of the main reason and the next I can think of is revenue for the gahment

Life is full of sh*t....just the same sh*t different place... WHAT A WHOLE LOAD OF BULLSHIT!

Originally posted by dreamtcs@Jun 6 2005, 06:32 PM

2 types of license

Which country? Cos the one I know is UK (hope I am right), where the first licence is 125cc.

Why I said 2 stages instead of 3 cos I think bikes like super 4 "looks" to be equally powerful and fast as some of the bigger bikes. That means maybe can fight lah on Singapore road... kekeke

:smile:

in other countries which i'm not sure of , they have the SAME classes . 200cc below for 2b . 201cc to 400cc . 2a and lastly 401cc and above class2.(actually a lot of countries have this system) BUT the main difference is they don't have the probation period. after 2b straight away can apply to take 2a and subsequencely class 2. Got this from ang moh taking cl2 together with me in CDC.

The gahment do not benefit from this class system. It's the Driving schools.

Good Game No Replay......

Originally posted by Scorpione_phantom@Jun 6 2005, 07:55 PM

in other countries which i'm not sure of , they have the SAME classes . 200cc below for 2b . 201cc to 400cc . 2a and lastly 401cc and above class2.(actually a lot of countries have this system) BUT the main difference is they don't have the probation period. after 2b straight away can apply to take 2a and subsequencely class 2. Got this from ang moh taking cl2 together with me in CDC.

The gahment do not benefit from this class system. It's the Driving schools.

Which one? I am not that well informed, cos I only know countries that don't.

:smile: Aussie only have one licence and that is it. But most Aussie scared to ride, cos it is really dangerous over there.

Got lah.... then they can create more jobs. kekeke. If not wrong, all the driving schools should be GLCs, like telecoms.

Think there's an old thread discussing this issue. In any case, the only reason 400cc bikes exist is becoz the licence class (up to 400cc) exists. Nobody makes them anymore except to service those markets.

Besides, just like a 2.0l car (think Sonata) and a 2.0l turbocharged car (think STi) has a big difference in terms of power/capability, so too the difference exists in bikes (TA150 vs Aprilia RS).

I think its better to peg licence qualification to advanced training (defensive riding and such), instead of going through the same test at different capacities. Its not realistic. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by sloth@Jun 8 2005, 05:58 PM

Think there's an old thread discussing this issue. In any case, the only reason 400cc bikes exist is becoz the licence class (up to 400cc) exists. Nobody makes them anymore except to service those markets.

Besides, just like a 2.0l car (think Sonata) and a 2.0l turbocharged car (think STi) has a big difference in terms of power/capability, so too the difference exists in bikes (TA150 vs Aprilia RS).

I think its better to peg licence qualification to advanced training (defensive riding and such), instead of going through the same test at different capacities. Its not realistic. Just my opinion.

Some good points. :thumb:

From the poll, seems more people don't really agree that there should be 3 classes.

But it will be interesting to hear why people say yes. I won't be surprise to hear some say, becos gahmet say good, then it is good. :lol: I heard people say that before, although I cannot believe it.... kekeke

i think thats a pretty wrong idea..

big bikes actually rarely get into accidents..

the most accident prone group is the group that just obtained their license!

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

As for me 3 class is a MUST due to weight, balancing and power different.

You don't expect triangle plate rider riding goldwing or ZX12.

Small bike is more prone to accident becouse lack of power in split second decesion but cheap to repair that why we must go for 3 class.

Youngster with big bike make to much claim that why the insurance is expensive

so the govt take advantage in that.

They only see the majority not the minority.

Example the ERP, it is introduce as to make the highway flows better BUT it's still the same every where.

TRAFFIC JAM TRAFFIC JAM TRAFFIC JAM

Majority had power but minority suffer

Sorry bro.

No heart feeling.

Stress lah today

There Can Only Be One ................

Japan has 4 classes... Singapore system is taken from Japan, and they removed the lowest class, 49 cc mopeds. Who knows, they might bring that in for motorised bicycles...

<span style=\'font-family:Ariel\'>The Difference between Men and Boys is that the Boys think the size of their Motorcycles has something to do with being a man.

Iron Butt Association#23842