SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SMSA Clubman Race

pgmivnsr

Ok 4 Malaysian Riders to take part in SMSA Clubman in 2008  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Ok 4 Malaysian Riders to take part in SMSA Clubman in 2008

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral / No Comments

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the race? Issit like how they race in Sepang? 2 race per round.. Race 1 and Race 2? How many laps per Race?

I suggest dat SMSA introduce per race lisence for those who wanna try out racing. Sure there will be alot of rider interested.

i second dat....:thumb:

Loud Pipe Saves Lives

Gooner 4 Life!!

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/kingpet46/kingpet47.jpg

Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

IMO there might not be enough time to run a 2 race per round format, as this event is part of the Johor Clubman. there will be many other categories from the Johor side, the underbone and production categories.

not sure about Clubman, but the Malaysian Race Series at PG is normally a 1-race per round.

it's still up to organisers tho, if they can squeeze in 2 races.

:cheers:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/cbr17/kiss.jpg

Any info on the racing licensce?

You can refer to this thread:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111524

And here's some info:

Hi, Guys & Gals:

For those who are interested in racing, below are the tips on getting SMSA license in order to take part legally for race events conducted locally or overseas.

Fees are as follows:

1. Entrance Fee (One Time Payment) - S$80

2. New Ordinary & Renewal Membership - S$ 40.00 / Year

3. Race License - Depending on class / catergory applying for.

Steps to apply:

A. Application for SMSA MEMBERSHIP

1. Bring along 2 x passport size photograph.

2. Go to SMSA @

Singapore Motor Sports Association,

20 Maxwell Road,

#10-18 Maxwell House

Singapore 069113

3. Fill in the form as provided by Janet.

B. Application for RACE LICENSE

1. Fill in form as provided by Janet.

2. Take Medical Record log from Janet and see a doc of your choice for annual checkup & Tetanus Jab.

3. Bring the Medical Record log to Janet.

4. Pay for race license and your race license will be sent to u by post.

C. Steps in Taking part in RACE if you are a member of SMSA holding valid RACE LICENSE.

1. Must take note that the race must be SANCTIONED by SMSA or affliated FMNs, ie AAM.

2. Read SR of race. SR provides you with the race schedule, date / time / place of a race. It also provides you with rules & regulations, DOs & DON'Ts, restrictions... etc.

3. The class which you are taking part must be the class which you applied for in your race license, ie SUPERMOTARD = Dirt Bike & Motorcross class as indicated in your race license.

4. Go down to the place as indicated in the SR to fill in participation form, idemity form and pay money for the race.

5. Make sure your race license is valid. If it is not, u must go down to SMSA at address as indicated above to renew your licenses. There are some cases of license not able to be handed over to u on the day of renewal or application. U can show the receipt to proof when registration for race.

** Pls take note that there are 2 different things to apply. 1 is for SMSA Membership, 2 is for Race license. U must be a SMSA member before you can apply for race license.

*** If u just want to be a member of SMSA, u can just apply for SMSA membership. There are SMSA events where u can participate like SMSA AGM, where u have voting rights too. But pls take note you have to renew it annually. Calender date for SMSA is 1st of Jan - 31 Dec every year. A reminder letter will be sent by post to renew.

**** If u wanna race overseas, ie PG or Sepang, u need to purchase race insurance.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/edmundino/avatar77_Artwork.jpgJimmy Chan #77 our mentor will always be in our hearts.... RIP

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/edmundino/My%20Track%20Day%20Pictures/36052_477507261797_778161797_6619068_5697776_n.jpg

You can refer to this thread:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111524

And here's some info:

Hi, Guys & Gals:

For those who are interested in racing, below are the tips on getting SMSA license in order to take part legally for race events conducted locally or overseas.

Fees are as follows:

1. Entrance Fee (One Time Payment) - S$80

2. New Ordinary & Renewal Membership - S$ 40.00 / Year

3. Race License - Depending on class / catergory applying for.

Steps to apply:

A. Application for SMSA MEMBERSHIP

1. Bring along 2 x passport size photograph.

2. Go to SMSA @

Singapore Motor Sports Association,

20 Maxwell Road,

#10-18 Maxwell House

Singapore 069113

3. Fill in the form as provided by Janet.

B. Application for RACE LICENSE

1. Fill in form as provided by Janet.

2. Take Medical Record log from Janet and see a doc of your choice for annual checkup & Tetanus Jab.

3. Bring the Medical Record log to Janet.

4. Pay for race license and your race license will be sent to u by post.

C. Steps in Taking part in RACE if you are a member of SMSA holding valid RACE LICENSE.

1. Must take note that the race must be SANCTIONED by SMSA or affliated FMNs, ie AAM.

2. Read SR of race. SR provides you with the race schedule, date / time / place of a race. It also provides you with rules & regulations, DOs & DON'Ts, restrictions... etc.

3. The class which you are taking part must be the class which you applied for in your race license, ie SUPERMOTARD = Dirt Bike & Motorcross class as indicated in your race license.

4. Go down to the place as indicated in the SR to fill in participation form, idemity form and pay money for the race.

5. Make sure your race license is valid. If it is not, u must go down to SMSA at address as indicated above to renew your licenses. There are some cases of license not able to be handed over to u on the day of renewal or application. U can show the receipt to proof when registration for race.

** Pls take note that there are 2 different things to apply. 1 is for SMSA Membership, 2 is for Race license. U must be a SMSA member before you can apply for race license.

*** If u just want to be a member of SMSA, u can just apply for SMSA membership. There are SMSA events where u can participate like SMSA AGM, where u have voting rights too. But pls take note you have to renew it annually. Calender date for SMSA is 1st of Jan - 31 Dec every year. A reminder letter will be sent by post to renew.

**** If u wanna race overseas, ie PG or Sepang, u need to purchase race insurance.

What i'm trying to ask is the racing licensce if i get it now will still expire by this end of the year?Or will extend till next year end?If register now end this year then it will be useless...

Urayu bro.. I have called up Peter from SMSA and enquired about this before... Not to worry, he informs that it will expire Dec 2008. That is great!

But the big issue here are for newbies like me & perhaps some others who intends to join MSS 08. If SMSA is able to get confirmation from SIC that we, newbies will still be in Novice class for MSS next yr, then I'm sure a couple more riders inc. myself will be more than glad to join PG's clubman for some experience. It's not worth it at all if we were to join the clubman for 2races only and end up in the expert class in next MSS...

I really hope that SMSA & SIC are able to get this issue addressed as clear as possible for the benefit of everyone...

I noe that in the earlier post of this thread, Mr Jackson had stated that SMSA will appeal to SIC for us... which we appreciate most definitely... but sekali next yr not approved... then there will be many glum n unhappy faces... Riders will start blaming SMSA and dats really unhealthy for the sport...

Juz my 2cents

Keep the rubber side down'

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z163/skiddie67/signature-1.jpg

Urayu bro.. I have called up Peter from SMSA and enquired about this before... Not to worry, he informs that it will expire Dec 2008. That is great!

But the big issue here are for newbies like me & perhaps some others who intends to join MSS 08. If SMSA is able to get confirmation from SIC that we, newbies will still be in Novice class for MSS next yr, then I'm sure a couple more riders inc. myself will be more than glad to join PG's clubman for some experience. It's not worth it at all if we were to join the clubman for 2races only and end up in the expert class in next MSS...

I really hope that SMSA & SIC are able to get this issue addressed as clear as possible for the benefit of everyone...

I noe that in the earlier post of this thread, Mr Jackson had stated that SMSA will appeal to SIC for us... which we appreciate most definitely... but sekali next yr not approved... then there will be many glum n unhappy faces... Riders will start blaming SMSA and dats really unhealthy for the sport...

Juz my 2cents

Thx bro!I'm gonna go get it soon...LoLx!

Under 400cc:

1. Spiderman
  2. Kaiwei
  3. Anour
  4. Kamal(Not confirmed)

Above 400cc:

1. CBR_Rider aka jason.
  2. snakeman
  3. Hartholomew (Nt Confirmed)
  4. Rojryder
  5. Keith aka i luv punani
  6. rein_jahat14 (see can get leave on dates if confirm)
  7. kingpet(will race if only licence end nxt yr instead of this yr, hopefully pgmivnsr get it approve)
  8. Edmundino
  9. Jimmy Chan
  10. Chot Toh

Hope that more would add their names in it to make this event happen.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/edmundino/avatar77_Artwork.jpgJimmy Chan #77 our mentor will always be in our hearts.... RIP

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/edmundino/My%20Track%20Day%20Pictures/36052_477507261797_778161797_6619068_5697776_n.jpg

Above 400cc:

1. CBR_Rider aka jason.
  2. snakeman
  3. Hartholomew (Nt Confirmed)
  4. Rojryder
  5. Keith aka i luv punani
  6. rein_jahat14 (see can get leave on dates if confirm)
  7. kingpet(will race if only licence end nxt yr instead of this yr, hopefully pgmivnsr get it approve)
  8. Edmundino
  9. Jimmy Chan
  10. Chot Toh

Hope that more would add their names in it to make this event happen.

looking at the above list... most likely if i were to race.. i be no near the top 5.. got top 10 good enuff aldy.. haha.... so many good racers..... grrrrrr...

Loud Pipe Saves Lives

Gooner 4 Life!!

Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

looking at the above list... most likely if i were to race.. i be no near the top 5.. got top 10 good enuff aldy.. haha.... so many good racers..... grrrrrr...

Oh come on bro..haven race already de-moralize urself..

Juz aim high..in a race u juz donno wat will happen..

WHO KNOWS IT MIGHT JUZ RAIN...heheheheheh:angel:

Then its a different ball game all together..

Juz join & try ur best...:thumb:

-Contact - [email protected] / +65 83121946

-Add me @ FaceBook = Saitoh Hajime

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Support Local Racers..!!:thumb:

Dear Guys, thanks for all the good response, nw i know that at least one class can start now.

Here are the good news!!!

For the participants of the SMSA Clubman Race,

Expiry date for the Comp License will be 31st Dec 2008.

Below are the breakdown of hw much each new applicant needs to pay for the clubman:

1. SMSA Entrance: $80 (One Time Payment only)

2. SMSA Membership: $20 (As this race is held in the ltr part of the yr, we only charge from Jun 07 - Dec 07 for the membership)

3. SMSA Competition License: $60 (Expiry date - 31st Dec 2008)

Total: $160 (Excluding doc fees) Need doc's approval prior to applying for Comp License.

However, there is one thing to take note, for the membership next year, from Jan 08 - Dec 08, you will still need to renew your membership. If u dun renew, the Comp License will be void.

Thks and hope to see more participants for the SMSA Clubman.

Oh come on bro..haven race already de-moralize urself..

Juz aim high..in a race u juz donno wat will happen..

WHO KNOWS IT MIGHT JUZ RAIN...heheheheheh:angel:

Then its a different ball game all together..

Juz join & try ur best...:thumb:

haha.. not demoralize lah but atleast i cn vision myself 1st b4 the race where i'll be placing n slowly pick up frm there... who knows skali many kena dnf or dns.... haha...atleast still got chance..

if its rainin thn i got to switch tyre to TT100 liao.... hehe :cheeky:

Loud Pipe Saves Lives

Gooner 4 Life!!

Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

haha.. not demoralize lah but atleast i cn vision myself 1st b4 the race where i'll be placing n slowly pick up frm there... who knows skali many kena dnf or dns.... haha...atleast still got chance..

if its rainin thn i got to switch tyre to TT100 liao.... hehe :cheeky:

if it rain.....Rein will be laughing his heart out....:angel: all the best for those who taking part.... :thumb:

Dear guys,

sorry 4 e late reply. Price of e race insurance is as follows:

For national level license or racing in only Singapore / Malaysia: $160/-

For international license or racing in places outside of Malaysia: $300/-

Hope these helps n c more participants 4 this event.

wah.... like dat got to fork out almost 400 bucks juz for dis race... hmm.. gotto check my bank account first.... skali spend2 for hari raya left $1 hahahhaa. **** to old for collection already.. if not cn collect to buy tyre.... hahakz

Loud Pipe Saves Lives

Gooner 4 Life!!

Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

Just went to smsa to get my racing license done...The woman told me that the race insurance will expire this end of the year if i buy it now...It seems like not worth it cos just of 2 races...

u sure bro? i thot pgmivnsr already clarify the matter.... hmmm......:(

Loud Pipe Saves Lives

Gooner 4 Life!!

Fierce Suzuki Rider!!

Guys.. Please take note that the Race Insurace also covers during ur Practise/Track Day at Pasir Gudang/Sepang.. As long as its a Sanctioned Circuit by SMSA, Mon-Sun, Race/Practise/Track Day, the Race Insurance covers ur Medical..

SMSA already done thier part by making ur License expiry till 31/12/2008.. The Race Insurance is NOT within SMSA rights to waive it..

Actually, if u ride on track regularly, buying a $160 insurance will still be worth to protects u medically..

Cheers:thumb:

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg