SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Toyota Altis.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, tried it before, not that powerful if you asked me. I think even the Sunny fare better, but I don't know the technical numbers. It might be the pedal action, too. Maybe I am too used to the acceleration of bikes. :cheeky:

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

bought the model just b4 altis all i can say its worth every cent i paid. it all depend on ur driving style some of my friends comment its too comfy ie suspension soft, they prefer to drive their car harder. for its class & price tag would say it is the most spacious n comfy. some more come with climate control :thumb:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by rhema83@Jun 21 2005, 03:27 AM

Erm, tried it before, not that powerful if you asked me. I think even the Sunny fare better, but I don't know the technical numbers. It might be the pedal action, too. Maybe I am too used to the acceleration of bikes. :cheeky:

sunny more powerful?...

i have experience heavy acc. on sunny b4 but the car doesnt seem to move much!

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

Originally posted by comics00@Jun 21 2005, 06:00 AM

bought the model just b4 altis all i can say its worth every cent i paid. it all depend on ur driving style some of my friends comment its too comfy ie suspension soft, they prefer to drive their car harder. for its class & price tag would say it is the most spacious n comfy. some more come with climate control :thumb:

its a economical mid luxury car !

Its better to have lived and lost than to never live at all. Live it, the way you want it.

my bro said the suspension is crap.

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Japanese cars too light already, maybe thats why u feel its powerful. But high speed unstable.

Somemore altis so common like taxis. Not worth the money.

I think ford focus is better. Continental car better.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

Japanese cars too light already, maybe thats why u feel its powerful. But high speed unstable.

how about mazda?

why this sort of mentality?

care to share some experiences? would like know more about the car.

i love dividends.

Originally posted by weiz85@Jun 24 2005, 12:14 PM

sunny more powerful?...

i have experience heavy acc. on sunny b4 but the car doesnt seem to move much!

You should try seating in Sunny CVTC 1.6L Luxury Model. Sqzeeze the pedal and you know the power.

I not driving Sunny but I really feel the acc.. of CVTC. Btw, I driving a kia cerato.

To my FR, couple of my buddies doing resale of 2nd car. Altis is a good car in term of $$ and FC plus comfort and space. Its a car value for $$$. 1.6L VVTI, good FC than my baby pig cerato!!!

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

Originally posted by gentoro@Jun 27 2005, 04:55 PM

You should try seating in Sunny CVTC 1.6L Luxury Model. Sqzeeze the pedal and you know the power.

if u were to compare the spects technically, altis has a better perfromance and i felt it when i drove them!

Anyway, I will not spend so much money in Singapore to own a taxi-like car which is everywhere. I will own something more rare or special but cheaper. It cost too much to drive a taxi 70-80k. Somemore running on petrol. A comfort cab runs on diesel cheaper yet still can earn money.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

Originally posted by xiaogary@Jun 30 2005, 09:54 PM

Anyway, I will not spend so much money in Singapore to own a taxi-like car which is everywhere. I will own something more rare or special but cheaper. It cost too much to drive a taxi 70-80k. Somemore running on petrol. A comfort cab runs on diesel cheaper yet still can earn money.

so wat sort of car u likely to drive? or buy?

http://www.singaporebikes.com/images/logoforum.jpg

<SomE IDiOTs Who wiLL raCe a 1300cc BIke wHEN hE's RidIng a 150cc BiKe>

well, should I consider tat as a compliment for altis?

I believe pple are not stupid too to buy a 60-70k "taxi" unless its really economical, comfortable & gd. :smile:

in tat case r u implementing those mercedez owner, r like taxi driver huh?

see the new merc cab, just like my frds 200series except the TAXI sign on top

haha

:cheeky:

X9 Evo

Originally posted by xiaogary@Jun 26 2005, 06:26 PM

wat do u base ur comment on? i m here i north carolina for 6mth n wat i c is more jap car then any conti or american car.

jap car not stable? u should c the altis or other jap cars zoom pass me while i was driving at 70-80mph on the highway :thumb:

when a car is classified as a "taxi" it can onli be a compliment 'cos its popularity is a testimony by itself. btw vvti engine was vote engine of the year by magazines for the pass couple of years & toyota productiion plants is also voted to have product of the highest qc with

oh! local mag here has voted toyota camary (bigger bro of corolla) as car of the for the 3yr in a roll :thumb:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Guest Zoom-Zoom

Altis is infact a good family car to start with. Low FC, ample space and good enough power to travel in city as well as expressway. Most importantly good price at $61,388 now.

I have a friend who own a FORD FOCUS and what he feedback is got money, spend it else where. FOrd is a no..no :nono:

Sold his car after 6 month and lost big $$$. In the end, ended up buying a HONDA CIVIC.

Btw, what car is not taxi like. How abt Benz...also taxi what! Some more Benz is a few times more expensive than your ford.

If i'm not wrong, the reason you compare Altis as Taxi is due to the popularity of this car which make you feed this way. Btw, this $62K Taxi can you afford it?

Have you test drive a Altis in highway before and how you know this Taxi is not stable. If your answer is NO.....please lah :slapforehead:

If a person can afford continental car, why go for Ford which cost more than $75K and a miserable 100bhp...Wau lau...somemore, some FORD model made in Philipines and in term of durability still not on par with some good continental car maker. Cheaper Continental car but very expensive in term of servicing and spare parts. FYI if you dun know, Ford Focus share the same platform as Mazda3. So can consider a mixed blood continental lah bro :sweat:

In Singapore, car is a liability and will depreciate as years goes by. Most ppl will look for Fuel saving or relatively cheap car. If wanna go for speed, japanese car such as Subaru and Honda or even Toyota can let Ford smell some Carbon monoxide easily.

FYI, in term of speed, I can bet Altis can out run the 100bhp standard Ford FOCUS anytime anywhere. And in terms of durabilty Ford is no where in Singaporean Dictionary. Some more, status wise, FORD is a big question mark(???) as if you tell ppl you own a FORD, reply will be "So what...no big deal". ON the other hand, if you tell ppl you own a Benz or BMW, ppl will sure admire you and respect you.

Quite confuse in your comment comparing Altis with Ford. Should have compare a Korean maker vs a Jap maker vehicle wat...hohohoooooo :D

If have too much $$$ and no where to spend, get a better Continental car lah!

FORD........ :faint:

Should think twice before commenting and thread starter is asking for Altis comment and not other car. Please kindly stick to the question and not going off topic. All in all, Altis is a good budget car to own :thumb:

Guest Zoom-Zoom
Originally posted by Throttle@Jul 3 2005, 09:29 PM

the most boring family car on the road.............

only my retired father will buy..haha

yap...i also agree but in term of durability and FC your retired father will be very happy. Altis is strictly for "Mature" man only :smile:

If you wanna make this boring car alive, $$$ can make it fly or invest on other super duper car that can out run TP WRX :D

Bro, $$$ can make everything fly so dont "kay chua" ;-)

I'm not looking to outrun anyone. Just prefer other brands

anyway, relative to the other cheap cars out there if you are making comparisons on those grounds, I'll probably go get a Hyundai Santa Fe.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Altis is value-for-money all-rounder car. Sure will get someone like it/againist it. But being popular or boring nothing to the car for some users. Maintenance, performance, FC, COST, resale value also under consideration. If you never drive/own an Altis, better stay sideline. Me ride phantom, drive Altis. Phantom/Altis always get people say too common & lousy, but it fit most of people budget & needs. That is why it is so common on the road.