SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Kawasaki Versys

dospalmas

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. even brand new my rear brake dont bite well. plus the angle of the pedal is too low so not enough leverage on right foot to press down more.

Its normal on sports bike where rear brake mostly use for dragging through a corner or speed control in traffic jams. i mostly rely on the 2 front disc to stop.

I've got to really step on the pedal like I mean it...lol. Usually the ABS will kick in.

Correct. even brand new my rear brake dont bite well. plus the angle of the pedal is too low so not enough leverage on right foot to press down more.

Its normal on sports bike where rear brake mostly use for dragging through a corner or speed control in traffic jams. i mostly rely on the 2 front disc to stop.

O I always thought it have to be able to stop the bike like the front brakes.

I just did my own bleeding at MSCP. The braking force at the rear seems improve. The first batch of brake fluid was abit blackish color. Could it be contamination that cause the lost of rear braking power...?

Saw a female versys rider at kallang sea sports center today. Bike was nicely done up n there was a touring group decal.. Can't rem what is it..

My EX R I D E S

HONDA NSR 150 SP (FR 1284 A)

HONDA WAVE 125R (FY 3787 R)

SUZUKI GSR 400 K6 (FBB 5592 R)

NISSAN SUNNY 1.5 A (SDK 7355 A)

GILERA RUNNER VXR 200 (FBD 5313 U)

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650...

IAN

anyway.. due for chain/sprocket change in July.

now looking at unique motors AFAM chain kit at $280.. installation is another $30??

any other brands/shops to recommend?

My EX R I D E S

HONDA NSR 150 SP (FR 1284 A)

HONDA WAVE 125R (FY 3787 R)

SUZUKI GSR 400 K6 (FBB 5592 R)

NISSAN SUNNY 1.5 A (SDK 7355 A)

GILERA RUNNER VXR 200 (FBD 5313 U)

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650...

IAN

Just came back from run-in ride to Kuala Rompin via Air Papan and Mersing trunk road. Its time for 1st oil change.

Wanna ask...do u guys find the Vs suspension too hard and stiff? I was jumping all around on the uneven trunk road.

Its quite scary during high speed corner over bumps. eeeek!

I already released front and rear shock preload to the min.. and rode with pillon. I'm gonna release the damping and see how it goes.

Edited by esthermygs

Hi guys, been quite some time since i visited here.

Just an update, i dont use the rear brake much, relied more on the front. Just 2 weeks back i have installed a pair of 4-pot nissin (i think the same unit from honda cb400) and it grips just nice. Only problem is the stock master pump is not enough to maximise the caliper, so i'd be glad if any one of you could point me if there's any used parts seller that has a master off a kawa zx14/zzr14. It would really make big difference to the braking.

http://i.imgur.com/cWu36.jpg

Esthermygs, have you get your sag adjustment done for your weight? If you havent, then i suggest you do so, it makes the difference between a compliant and harsh ride.

Edited by andrewhtf

Hi guys, been quite some time since i visited here.

Just an update, i dont use the rear brake much, relied more on the front. Just 2 weeks back i have installed a pair of 4-pot nissin (i think the same unit from honda cb400) and it grips just nice. Only problem is the stock master pump is not enough to maximise the caliper, so i'd be glad if any one of you could point me if there's any used parts seller that has a master off a kawa zx14/zzr14. It would really make big difference to the braking.

http://i.imgur.com/cWu36.jpg

Saw your post in the Kawasaki Versys forum. Hmmm... There are some scrap yard here at Sungei Kadut. I can try asking since it is near my place.