SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Hayabusa

Guest AddiCt

We cant see it yet, but we can certainly hear the Suzuki taking one gear after another just a few seconds apart as the revs climb ever skyward. Sixth gear is engaged and the wail of the bikes engine being sung to the red line is broken with a roar of wind noise followed by a brief moment of silence and then its there, leant over slightly to counteract the sidewind. Just a few feet from where were standing the Busa trips the lights leaving a V-shaped trail of stones and dust in its wake. And the result? At 12.36pm the GSX1300R clocks in at 189mph.

Next up is the Super Blackbird, the bike which originally took the mantle of the worlds fastest production bike from Kawasakis ZZ-R1100. Its not likely to win the battle of top-speed supremacy today, but you simply can;t ignore it. Especially when itapproaching at a blindingly fast speed. The gleaming blue paintwork blurs past the lights with a slightly deeper howl than the Hayabusa. It looks like a good run... and it is. The result? At 12.40pm the CBR1100XX records a very respectable 180mph.

And now its the big one. Ladies and gentlemen, the one weve all been waiting for on her maiden voyage. A slightly higher-pitched roar shatters the eerie silence of the airfield. We run over to official timekeeper Robin Hutton and his array of high-tech gear as the bikes engine noise shifting up at 11,000rpm is drowned out by the roar of the aircraft engineer-developed aerodynamic bodywork slicing its way through the air. For a split second the shape of Smith with his head flat on the tank is visible as the Kawasaki weaves its way through the lights. The wind is upsetting the bike, something Kawasakis fastest bikes have all suffered from since the ZZ-R1100.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GuiNNeSS

HAHAH.... i believe that is from MCN.

Well here is more info of Performance Stats from various magazine publications.

1. CYCLEWORLD [June 2000]

Top Speeds

------------------------------------------

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile

--------------------------------------------

Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ 145.80 mph [Performed by CycleWorld magazine rider]

Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.06 sec @ 142 mph [Performed by Ricky Gadson - Top Kawasaki Pro Drag racer]

2. PERFORMANCE BIKES [June 2000]

Top Speeds

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 190.3 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 188.9 mph

Quarter Mile

Suzuki GSX1300R 10.3s @ 143.9

Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.4s @ 146.3

3. SPORTBIKE MAGAZINE [June 2000]

Top Speeds

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile

Suzuki GSX1300R 9.93 sec @ 143.4 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.04 sec @ 143.8 mph

4. MOTORCYCLIST MAGAZINE [June 2000]

Top Speeds

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 184.2 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 183 mph

[Elevation 2400 feet above sea level]

Quarter Mile

Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ ~ 140.3 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 9.96 sec @ 142.3 mph

5. BIKENET Online

Top Speeds

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 196 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 194 mph

Quarter Mile - NA

6. BIKE MAGAZINE - UK [May 2000]

Top Speeds

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 189 mph

Kawasaki ZX-12R 180 mph

Quarter Mile

Suzuki GSX1300R 10.31 sec

Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.04 sec

7. AMCN - AUSTRALIAN MOTORCYCLE NEWS

Top speed.

Hayabusa = 302 kph

Zx-12R = 297 kph

400m (1/4 mile).

Hayabusa = 10.5 sec.

Zx12R = 10.7 sec.

400m top speed.

Hayabusa = 228.2km/h.

Zx12R = 223km/h.

0-100km/h.

Hayabusa = 3.17 sec

Zx12R = 3.49 sec

0-160km/h (0-100mph).

Hayabusa = 5.7 sec.

Zx12 = 6.02 sec.

20-180kmh.

Hayabusa = 6.17 seconds

Zx12 = 6.43 seconds

8. BIKE MAGAZINE - Sweden [Not Bike mag from the UK]

Top speed

-----------------------------------------------

Hayabusa = 297.8 km/hr

ZX-12R = 293.7 km/hr

Quarter Mile

-----------------------------------------------

Busa - [email protected] km/hr

ZX-12 - [email protected] km/hr

CBR - 11.0@210 km/hr

9. SUPERWHEELS [italy]

Busa - 191.6 mph

ZX-12 190.4 mph

10. MCN [Motorcycle News UK]

Busa - 189 mph

ZX-12R - 182 mph

Above are 10 separate tests from different sources in the world that have used "stock" bikes. There is only 1 source i know which shows the ZX having a higher "top" and that is from "Fast Bikes Magazine" [uS]

I am sure there are enthusiasts of both ZX and busa who have modified their bikes to out perform the stock machines. Both camps will happily claim their bikes can eat the opposition. In fact the so called "top speed" is now totally academic because of world legislation and self regulation. So people should simply buy the bike they like.

The tests and titles were all made for PRODUCTION (read: STOCK) bikes.... and so far, the ZX12R has better mid range than the Haya but at the top end, it looks as if the Haya has won it......

However, if you wanted to spend money and modify the bike, then either bike could be the winner, pending on how much you want to throw at it..... so don't dispair, just throw money.......and you too, can make your bike 'the fastest'........

http://http//content2.i-am-bored.com/images/instantninja_456876.jpg

Don't dispair porker, add a pair of NiO kit, big bore and do the usual bulls*it dyno thing and you too can own the world's fastestest Kawa.....

But I fear, Money No Enough......'cause I NOT STUPID enough to spend all that money to gain a few extra kmh/bhp.....or so says porker..... good on you......

Guest GuiNNeSS
one report to say y the busa is a ninja eater

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Porker, dun cry leh..... it took Suzuki nearly 10 yrs to come out with a Ninja eater. Imagine a Intel 386DX keeping up benchmark scores with a Pentium 4 2ghz. :box:

You still own one of the motorcycle legends. :shades:

okok we have blackbirds for supper :shades:

After having ninjas for dinner?? :cry:

Then when you reach Kulai, still can eat meh??? :lol: :lol:

Why I ride....\"Modern travelling is not travelling at all; it is merely being sent to a place, and very little different from becoming a parcel.\" -- John Ruskin

Guest Maxlean
Don't dispair porker, add a pair of NiO kit, big bore and do the usual bulls*it dyno thing and you too can own the world's fastestest Kawa.....

But I fear, Money No Enough......'cause I NOT STUPID enough to spend all that money to gain a few extra kmh/bhp.....or so says porker..... good on you......

This is bout the lamest comment i have heard here.... and thats simply shows that your are living in the limelight of the bike. So far no one has argued bout the title of the Fastest Production Bike record goin to the BUSA but only short to prove it in Singapore! BUT just becos u ride a BUSA doesnt make you the fastest bike in town...your are nowhere near there my fren. If yes, we would have all heard bout U. Kenneth(from across the border) is a humble living example and i dare say he is 1 hell of a rider on a BUSA...and that earned him due respects! (simply put it IF U CANT RIDE, THAN U ARE NO FASTER THAN SOMEONE ON A LITRE CLASS). Letting alone EATING Birds for supper....(my 750 isnt that slow either).

Stock bikes are stock bike! They are built in Japan. Mayb your's a CANADIAN model so the ECU has all the parameters that requires to run at its optimum in CANADA or countries that hv the same or close atmospheric conditions. (Thats y i dare PORKER to get a fully STOCk zx12r

and u guys test it out.)

But if u bring that bike over here, how do u know if its running optimum? You Dun!! cos u simply cant! and thats where the DYNO machine is for...perhaps this is something u duno...mayb u can learn here. And to make adjustments u need a PC3R or EMS watever is out there. ITS NOT ALL BOUT GETTING BHP!!!! ITS BOUT GETTING THE BIKE TO RUN AT ITS OPTIMUM!! In this view isnt it u are just a commuter on a BUSA? how diff are u from many out there?

And for those who wan more they go on to add HPs...THEY ARE NOT DUMB(U CALL IT STUPID).

eg. I wonder if u hv a double bubble screen on your machine...if yes Y? Those BUSA doin the top speed test doenst need one....yet they achived the results. And if they bike needs 1 badly dun u think the SUZ engineers not aware of it?...so y do u need 1? same goes with frame sliders..y do u need 1? ......BOTTOM line is please spend your money where u like best...no1 will question you. So u do likewise to the many others out there.

Your comments reflect badly on you.....BOO

Guest BoBOKik

This is bout the lamest comment i have heard here.... and thats simply shows that your are living in the limelight of the bike. So far no one has argued bout the title of the Fastest Production Bike record goin to the BUSA but only short to prove it in Singapore! BUT just becos u ride a BUSA doesnt make you the fastest bike in town...your are nowhere near there my fren. If yes, we would have all heard bout U. Kenneth(from across the border) is a humble living example and i dare say he is 1 hell of a rider on a BUSA...and that earned him due respects! (simply put it IF U CANT RIDE, THAN U ARE NO FASTER THAN SOMEONE ON A LITRE CLASS). Letting alone EATING Birds for supper....(my 750 isnt that slow either).

Stock bikes are stock bike! They are built in Japan. Mayb your's a CANADIAN model so the ECU has all the parameters that requires to run at its optimum in CANADA or countries that hv the same or close atmospheric conditions. (Thats y i dare PORKER to get a fully STOCk zx12r

and u guys test it out.)

But if u bring that bike over here, how do u know if its running optimum? You Dun!! cos u simply cant! and thats where the DYNO machine is for...perhaps this is something u duno...mayb u can learn here. And to make adjustments u need a PC3R or EMS watever is out there. ITS NOT ALL BOUT GETTING BHP!!!! ITS BOUT GETTING THE BIKE TO RUN AT ITS OPTIMUM!! In this view isnt it u are just a commuter on a BUSA? how diff are u from many out there?

And for those who wan more they go on to add HPs...THEY ARE NOT DUMB(U CALL IT STUPID).

eg. I wonder if u hv a double bubble screen on your machine...if yes Y? Those BUSA doin the top speed test doenst need one....yet they achived the results. And if they bike needs 1 badly dun u think the SUZ engineers not aware of it?...so y do u need 1? same goes with frame sliders..y do u need 1? ......BOTTOM line is please spend your money where u like best...no1 will question you. So u do likewise to the many others out there.

Your comments reflect badly on you.....BOO

eh.. max... apperently u dunno greg.. hahahah he jus a joker n love to pull ppls leg.. wat he said is meant to be a joke n nt to be taken too seriously.... :shades:

Guest GuiNNeSS

Hey Max, I dunno you, and i don't own a ZX or a busa, but i got to say, you take things WAY TOO SERIOULY!!!!! Bad for health you know?

Chill man. :shades:

it true for other busa rider i the slowest

yes! this is the onli time i can jack u with my little S4! its now or never! :lol:

left with another 550km and i hit my 1600km the recommand distance for running in and the second servicing ... but i will run in till 3000km

greg like to joke around ... that doesn't mean he's no good ...

from wat i know ... he's good

and abt ur friends ... not too sure anyway ... they live across the border

where TP take coffee ### and unlike S'pore where license is at stake ...

if ZX12R is that good why ur friend Kenneth get a hayabusa and not a ZX12R ... hmmm too fast for him the ZX12R so he decided to get a hayabusa (cos it 's not as fast)

we ride not to let others hear abt us ... it's a passion... owners usually like to say that theirs is the fastest ...

y not u find some link for us to see that the ZX12R is faster cos :? we seem not able to find it ... wat we posted is tested by pple who does that to earn a living ... u claim to have proof but cannot let pple know ... then wat good is that ... somethings to be ashamed of isit ...

we are all here to share and to learn (and to joke ard) not to get upset abt wat pple write ... each have their own views ... and u joined us on 120802 so still not familiar with the way we joke ard...

joke does not = lame ... u can't seem to take joke lightly

ya i agree that 750 is not slow ... all class 2 bike are not slow even 2A are not slow ... no one is saying that u are slow (maybe urself :? )

Letting alone EATING Birds for supper

:sweat: this comment is made by me by the way :sweat:

anyway i know u support the ZX12R but the busa is not bad too ...

as a haya owner i never say that i fast ... in fact i say that i'm slow abt having watever for dinner or supper is meant and always will to be a joke... can't you take a joke

Guest Maxlean
greg like to joke around ... that doesn't mean he's no good ...

from wat i know ... he's good

Yes i believe he is good to a certain extent. Especially whn compared to u. You just got yours anyway.

and abt ur friends ... not too sure anyway ... they live across the border

where TP take coffee ### and unlike S'pore where license is at stake ...

if ZX12R is that good why ur friend Kenneth get a hayabusa and not a ZX12R ... hmmm too fast for him the ZX12R so he decided to get a hayabusa (cos it 's not as fast)

I dun blame you if u duno him.u just got yours anyway. He rode a BUSA since the day it was launch....mayb u can ask KENJI if u frequent there.

we ride not to let others hear abt us ... it's a passion... owners usually like to say that theirs is the fastest

Get REAL buddy!

u just claim u r the slowest. I got nothing against u anyway.

y not u find some link for us to see that the ZX12R is faster cos :? we seem not able to find it ... wat we posted is tested by pple who does that to earn a living ... u claim to have proof but cannot let pple know ... then wat good is that ... somethings to be ashamed of isit ...

Didnt i tell u to watch MACH3?....yeah yeah its a "modded" 12R. I lost! so sorry...RICKY GADSON did a 9.49s 1/4mile long time ago whn 1st launch....nah prob his also "modded".

anyway i know u support the ZX12R but the busa is not bad too ...

And do u wana know y? Bcos i hv seen it right before my eyes ON THE RUN and ON THE DYNO! Too many times. Head to head. wat hv u? Read the mags? I hv always respected the BUSA and got no doubt thats its fast. have i bad-mouthed the bike? All i did was share something i saw and knew.

can't you take a joke

So now thats A JOKE hahaha yeah sure is...

Look greg, i got nothing against you or anyone here at all. Well mayb i took that on a more serious note. But since u guys are just joking, so just take it as part of the joke too....haha i am cool.

Especially whn compared to u. You just got yours anyway.
at least i got mine ...

how abt urs ... maybe the ZX12R oh forget it a 750...

I dun blame you if u duno him.u just got yours anyway. He rode a BUSA since the day it was launch....mayb u can ask KENJI if u frequent there.

dun blame u too since u dun know greg . yes i got mine how abt u

so ur friend stay in japan and got it when it was first launch in japan ...

Didnt i tell u to watch MACH3?....yeah yeah its a "modded" 12R. I lost! so sorry...RICKY GADSON did a 9.49s 1/4mile long time ago whn 1st launch....nah prob his also "modded".

ya i/4 mile i agree that Zx12R is faster ... dun u know that ZX12R has a better mid range but not pick up and top speed . maybe you dun... yes i got mine how abt u ...

And do u wana know y? Bcos i hv seen it right before my eyes ON THE RUN and ON THE DYNO! Too many times. Head to head. wat hv u? Read the mags? I hv always respected the BUSA and got no doubt thats its fast. have i bad-mouthed the bike? All i did was share something i saw and knew.

ZX12R has a higher bhps/horsepower so if cos on the dyno it of cos higher ... did you see the whole thing on the run or your 750 can't catch up... yes i got mine how abt u... but do u know those that tested the haya and ZX12R are the same tester ... so riding habits is the same but on the run it's two different rider ... maybe the haya rider is not as good as your friend ... no one say u bad mouth the bike but greg is my friend we are also here to share something we knew and had ... yes i got mine how abt u... and yes i respect the ZX12R too lots of it ... trust me cos i planning to get one as a second bike...

haha i am cool.

yes that a joke

mine is slow cos it still running in ... get it

Look Maxlean, i got nothing against you but jus that Greg is my friend...

Guest BoBOKik

i think tis topic on busa vs zx-12 have taken a bit way too serious.... glad to know dat u have seen the numbers wif yr own eyes.. and dat the best prove any1 can ever have... yr opinion n views are greatly appriecated... mayb if u could phrase things in a much lighter note... u sound way too serious.. it very frightening n hostile u noe... :shades:

as for teck... its true dat u n greg and mayb a few other ppl are pure busa supporters.. so come guys.. dont start a war on who's bike better den who's, its a never endin debate n it will end up been counter-productive....

after all, our main aim of this forum, its to share views, n comments abt yr bike... the good n the bad... the joys n the sorrow. and lastly the fun n yr expriences u have wif yr bike...

we are tryin to make tis forum as free as possible allowin ppl riding different kind of bikes to make n contribute thier views n opinion.... so we cant avoid have ppl makin fun here n there, or some ppl takin other ppl's comment too seriously... yes we can control wat its been said or wat kind of bike dat can join tis forum.. but tis will defeat our main aim of setting up tis forum...

but we are tryin to keep tis things under control... so let nt be too hostile towards each other... we are all here to learn from each other.. n oso we are all fellow bikers... so guys take it easy... peace.. :shades:

ya maybe i got too into it ...

i know bobo ... thanks anyway ... its a place where we gather to share and to learn ...

sorry Maxlean if things that i post or write offended you ... really i got nothing against you, it jus that i got too 'into' the debate...

anyway i do really respect the ZX12R and up to the point that i do want to get one as a first bike but in the end i go for my dream bike the hayabusa ... that why i planning to get the ninja as a second bike later on

Hey guys, I think this debate between the ZX12R and the Haya will continue on.....but all of us have opinions based on what we have read and heard....

As for you, Maxlean or Mike, well, I hope I haven't offended you through my postings.... It was nice meeting you and your friends (especially Mr L.K Ong, a long lost army buddy of mine from yore)....

Anyway, I don't boast of being the fastest bike nor do I like to race with others claiming that the Haya is the fastest.... maybe to some, my riding might seem a bit fast, but that's how I ride, especially in Malaysia (since I can't do it in Singapore)....... my belief is to ride at your own ability and for your personal enjoyment....if you want to ride a haya (or ZX12R) slowly, then that's your prerogative.....but don't criticise others for riding fast or slow.....

I hope this mends the tight ends.......

cool guys, all have apologised so lets put this behind us :smile:

I'm always kawa supporter! And i like Busa for its legendary status too (still rem when i got my 2B lic and hear ppl ride busa, we were like going wahhh wahh wahh... )

Its cool to see hardcore kawa supporters like maxlean in singapore so lets have more tolerance towards each other, afterall, sg beri small and might meet up each other on road. One more fren better than 1 more foe right??

Maxlean: you are a true kawa supporter! i also wanted to buy ZX9 that time, thinking of getting my cl2 and down for the zx9 but in the end got a new S4 instead, come to think of it... full of regrets... :pity:

ah teck: when can i see u on ur busa!!?? i wanna jack u once in my lifetime!!!. :D

Your best friend in forum :: Search ::