SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

<D> Technical Discussion - Exhaust Headers

arsonist

i wonder if jb LAB can order the exhaust system from MC Accessories. Must go there ask one of these days. Save the trouble of going KL. :smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the pic , its a 4-2-1.

A full system cost only US$210, the front header only must be even cheaper. I think its a worthy long term imvestment - less maintenance & more power. I think its worth spending time to study & explore this exhaust option. For all you know, they could be the OEM maker for Yoshi or Arrow or something famous.

u hv a point about getting seng kwang to mod the adapter if necessary. As long as it is stainless steel, seng kwang can mod/change/repair it.

Only problem is having to carry the new header on the rear seat back to spore to modify. Prefer to pay cash & install right away.

Now! That is downright crazy! Haha! I ever thought of buying a second hand header from the scrapyard and strapping it to my back like a rocket. Suffice to say, the idea died a premature death.

Come on, let's have a list of names of those interested. I'll start the ball rolling. At least we'll know how many of us are keen:

Nick / Ride / Stainless steel or Titanium / Header or full system.

1) wadafark / S4 Ver S / Stainless steel / Header

2)

3)

:lovestruck: Come on! It's the new year already. Stop procrastinating!

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

actually i also dun mind buying header only. Coz it will saves me the inspection trouble. I can then buy a secondhand yoshi later.

But problem is their header is for S4 models '03 or earlier as stated. Mine is '05 model. I am puzzled is there a difference? If there is diff, it means there are also 2 kinds of Yoshi full system for '05 & '03 S4. I'll call MW to verify this. If '03 & 05 model is same system, then i can also buy the '03 front header from MC accessories.

If I'm not wrong, all VTEC headers are the same. But your fears are not unfounded since they wrote in the brochure till '03. Shouldn't be a major problem. Let's kickstart this leh.. I can't stand the detached silencer noise liao! :angry:

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

if we have volume, it is easier to approach /negotiate with MC accessories or MW or jb LAB to order. They'll be more interested.

At least when i call MC this week, i can tell him a number.

---------------------------------------------

1) wadafark / S4 Ver S / Stainless steel / Header

2) tt6389 / S4 vtec3 '05/ Stainless steel / header or full system if mfg certificates available.

3)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

i just spoken to a MC Accessories Annie on the phone. She said they ran out of stock for part no. 555641 (S4 header) . Coz last Saturday, a sporean biker came down to buy last piece- cash & carry. She say new stock will come one month later. She is still checking for me whether their dealer in JB got stock.

She said the price is RM1500 for one piece, US$210 is for big quantity only - one container. I ask her to verify with her boss, coz RM1500 is not worth to come KL to buy.

It might be cheaper to buy from their dealer in JB, coz the dealer may have bought in bulk.

:smile:

If one piece cost RM1500, better buy from Looi's motor, few years back they

quota me S$600 for a stainless steel, but don't know what the price now.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l184/PKLeong/Bike/BukitBaring.jpg

If one piece cost RM1500, better buy from Looi's motor, few years back they

quota me S$600 for a stainless steel, but don't know what the price now.

thks, i'll check with them one of these sat. :smile:

i hv just spoken to Michael (hp:0126940132) , salesman for MC accessories. He said the spore guy who came to buy the full system is actually from a bike dealer. This spore guy actually bought a sample (full system) & is sending to LTA for certifying & inspection to become legal.

I also asked him for the dealers in JB, he say is Autodynamic & Motor matrix. He will email me the 2 shop full address.

Finally i asked him if oneday he comes to spore, i offered to bring him to see MW or any big bike dealer bosses, to promote his exhaust system & other stuffs.

Stay tuned for more info.

i hv just spoken to Michael (hp:0126940132) , salesman for MC accessories. He said the spore guy who came to buy the full system is actually from a bike dealer. This spore guy actually bought a sample (full system) & is sending to LTA for certifying & inspection to become legal.

I also asked him for the dealers in JB, he say is Autodynamic & Motor matrix. He will email me the 2 shop full address.

Finally i asked him if oneday he comes to spore, i offered to bring him to see MW or any big bike dealer bosses, to promote his exhaust system & other stuffs.

Stay tuned for more info.

That's good:thumb:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l184/PKLeong/Bike/BukitBaring.jpg

Current list:

1) wadafark / S4 Ver S / Stainless steel / Header / 81122017

2) tt6389 / S4 vtec3 '05/ Stainless steel / header or full system if mfg certificates available.

3) arsonist / vtec spec1 / 94766923

Hopefully the 2 dealers in JB are able to offer a better price, if they purchased it by the container.

Current list:

3) arsonist / vtec spec1 / 94766923

Hopefully the 2 dealers in JB are able to offer a better price, if they purchased it by the container.

the more people interested , the easier to negotiate price.

Michael had just sms me the JB address a minute ago. Will call them to check out the prices .

This michael told me he intend to visit spore by end of the month. I told him if he interested, i bring him to see the bike accessories shops like HKL, MW & loois etc who might be interested to import his stuffs. I also suggest he bring one full system to spore, i'll bring/show him to LTA & inspection bodies to get it certified street legal. I said his export prices is very competitive & attractive, as soon as it is street legal, many bikers will buy.

I also called Loois motor about their stainless steel header. The guy said its only for ver S or Vtec 1 - it cannot fit for Vtec3 becoz of header clearance. Price he dunno, if you all interested, can try call him to check. He say only last piece left.

List so far:

2) tt6389 / S4 Vtec 3 '05/ Stainless steel / header or full system if mfg certificates available.

3) arsonist / S4 Vtec 1 / 94766923

4) savio27 / S4 vtec 3 / Stainless steel / Header

Also called up Loois Motors. The last piece (Ver S) stainless steel header is going for $500+ exclusive of installation. Person said it's from Japan, not Malaysia. Hopefully we'll be able to get a better price here.

i leaving my home in 15min to look for the spore guy who bought the exhaust from MC in KL. His workshop is in eunos ave 3 , blk 1043, shop name WS something. After that, i am going jb to the 2 dealers for MC Acessories, between Taman U & skudai area. I am using my GPS to guide me to the street, then look for the workshop name.

My hp is 81813631. Anyone interested to follow just drop me a sms. But once i enters jb by 2nd link at around 12.30pm - 1pm, i usually dun reply until i return to spore.

The loois motor pricing of $500 is a good reference or benchmark to compare when buying other makes.

Imagine buying a $500 stainless steel header plus a 2nd hand Yoshimura endcan ($300) = full system. Why i say this is becoz Yoshi full system 's header dun hv catalytic converter restricting flow unlike our stock header. A mechanic in MW told me this. You can call to verify.

The MC new stainless steel header we are looking at also dun hv catalytic converter. So it is basically same as Yoshi.

A full system comprising of straight thru end can & front header which dun hv restrictions such as catalytic converter - can give u 15hp gain maximum; the mechanic who was doing dyno test for my bike told me this.

is the loois ss header, the slip on type?? i saw that for ages but no slip on endcan. need to go seng kwang to do adapter if u want to put bolt-on.

1 Oct 04 - 8 Dec 05 ____Phantom 200 FV 6644R -- LAURA

8 Dec 05 - 24 Jan 09 _______ Super 4 Vtec 1 FR 4602X--LANA

------- - --- _______________________________-- LENALEE

List so far:

2) tt6389 / S4 Vtec 3 '05/ Stainless steel / header or full system if mfg certificates available.

5) d3an_cain / S4 vtec1/ either 1 will do if it cos less than $800 n pass inspection

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/d3an_cain/FZ-1S/385677_10150750269527550_501922549_9854539_2138314152_n-1.jpg

http://images.redop2.multiply.com/image/b8SD0QJnMUnxGv+Dp320mg/photos/1M/300x300/2590/RedopII-logo.jpg?et=kJJjj8slm46j7tujy58%2Byg&nmid=0

[/center]

http://redop2.multiply.com/

Gaining momentum here:

1) wadafark / S4 Ver S / Stainless steel / Header / -

5) d3an_cain / S4 vtec1 / either 1 will do if it cos less than $800 n pass inspection

Edited by Marcheline

i leaving my home in 15min to look for the spore guy who bought the exhaust from MC in KL. His workshop is in eunos ave 3 , blk 1043, shop name WS something. After that, i am going jb to the 2 dealers for MC Acessories, between Taman U & skudai area. I am using my GPS to guide me to the street, then look for the workshop name.

My hp is 81813631. Anyone interested to follow just drop me a sms. But once i enters jb by 2nd link at around 12.30pm - 1pm, i usually dun reply until i return to spore.

The loois motor pricing of $500 is a good reference or benchmark to compare when buying other makes.

Imagine buying a $500 stainless steel header plus a 2nd hand Yoshimura endcan ($300) = full system. Why i say this is becoz Yoshi full system 's header dun hv catalytic converter restricting flow unlike our stock header. A mechanic in MW told me this. You can call to verify.

The MC new stainless steel header we are looking at also dun hv catalytic converter. So it is basically same as Yoshi.

A full system comprising of straight thru end can & front header which dun hv restrictions such as catalytic converter - can give u 15hp gain maximum; the mechanic who was doing dyno test for my bike told me this.

you are :thumb: all way out to get the thing done

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel:

today i went 3 places, WS bikes at blk 1043, eunos ave 3 #01-143, mr. nornan hp: 90362555. He said he bought the header only, it comes with a slip on adapter to allow bolt-on to the stock endcan. He say he already sold the sample to a S4 rider, who was using a yoshi endcan. So there is no sample for display at his workshop. But he say he'll bring a few more next week & will put one as a display set. And he is not importing a container of exhaust, but he simply drive up to KL to pay cash & carry. The price he is charging is S$700 for 1 piece, inclusive of installation. He say also the full system - he is not confident it will pass inspection.

Next i went to JB - Motormatic Enterprise, 33 jln Pendekar 2, skudai , taman ungku tun aminah. Spoke to mr. Man +60127171779. He say he is charging RM1300 for the front header. He do not keep stock at his workshop, and if order, will take 2 days to deliver.

GPS coordinates for Motormatic - N01.51498 E103.65337

After this i went to Autodynamic Super bike services center. it is located at 29, jln Emas Putih, Taman Sri Putri, Skudai, johor. Contact person is Mr. Alan Lim, +60197389282. He is charging RM1500 & he also dun keep stock in his workshop. If order, he'll go KL to collect & he will have it within 2 days.

GPS coordinates for Autodynamics is N01.54449 E103.65585

As a comparison, a few days ago, the salesman Michael of MC Accessories quoted me RM1500 for the front header, for cash & carry. This is the price for ordering 1 piece only. Price dun include installations. Means we have to go KL to self collect & install yrself.

After comparing, it seems that if ordering 1 piece, the cheapest is Motormatic. In terms of convenience, WS bikes in Eunos is better.

I 'll call WS bikes next week to check his stock arrives. Then go to his workshop to see the quality of the header but dun place order. Anyone who is interested, can also call him & go to see for yourself.

We let this MO buildup to 20 bikers, then we 'll contact the above 3 workshop to ask for best price. I am confident we can slash the price alot, if got 20 bikers. :smile:

indeed was good infor for all who interested in the header....

ya, i like the info to be archive in this thread for easy retrieval, otherwise i'll forget oneday also.

I also hope any yoshi endcan owner who read this info, then go & install himself alone , will post his feedback on the final negotiated price & any performance improvement.