SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

<D> Technical Discussion - Exhaust Headers

arsonist

i forgot to add . The header which WS bike ,mr.Norman brought from MC is a 4-1 & not the 4-2-1. I showed him the pic i posted below, showing a stainless steel 4-2-1 with bolt-on. He say he saw it at the MC in KL but he prefer the 4-1 type with adapter to convert slip on to bolt-on. He say 4-1 has more power. And he say slip on has advantages for easy maintenance ( i dun understand his explanation). The thing is before ordering, we have to specify clearly which type you want.

I personally prefer 4-2-1 for 2 reasons:-

a) the 4-1 is at least 1.5inch thicker, with 2 pipes beneath another 2 pipes joining together to become one pipe. It means the clearance between the ground & the last pipe is lesser than the stock by 1.5". Existingly, my stock pipe header sometimes can hit the road humps if i go slightly faster. The 4-1 will make it worst, i'll hit more humps.

b) I feel the 4-2-1 configuration do not reduce exhaust flow velocity significantly as compared to the 4-1. As long as the final merged pipe is the same diameter as the final merged pipe of a 4-1, there should be negligible difference. The fact that the new header doesn't have catalytic converter means a big boost in exhaust flow velocity - is already good enough.

Another important thing all of you must remember. I read this from the other thread on exhaust system. When you replace the header, the exhaust flow is so much better especially at high rpm. It can cause back firing because the higher exhaust flow will sucks out more fuel & stock air filter cannot cope to supply enough air. This is can be solved by using KNN air filter. So be prepared to spent more money.

:smile:

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Job!! Impressed by your effort, hope we can get a MO on this.

hopefully so. It all depend on the final negotiated price. Even if we hv enuff people, the final negotiated price may still not be attractive enuff. People in the MO may still drop out.

But i hv make everything so transparent, to show that i dun profit from it or manipulate the price. Anybody here can also call the dealers or MC to check the price or negotiate a better price. In fact, i welcome anyone to call them & bargain, then post the result here.

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

btw, anydiff btw titaniumn stainless steel? performance/etc?

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/d3an_cain/FZ-1S/385677_10150750269527550_501922549_9854539_2138314152_n-1.jpg

http://images.redop2.multiply.com/image/b8SD0QJnMUnxGv+Dp320mg/photos/1M/300x300/2590/RedopII-logo.jpg?et=kJJjj8slm46j7tujy58%2Byg&nmid=0

[/center]

http://redop2.multiply.com/

btw, anydiff btw titaniumn stainless steel? performance/etc?

i am no expert, but i think titanium is lighter & stronger in terms of tensile strength when comparing the same thickness of stainless steel.

But i think the disadvantage is if it cracks during an accident (hitting a road hump or kerb), Seng Kwang cannot repair titanium, only stainless steel. I might be wrong here.

List so far:

Nick / Ride / Stainless steel or Titanium / Header or full system.

1) wadafark / S4 Ver S / Stainless steel / Header / 81122017

2) tt6389 / S4 Vtec 3 '05/ Stainless steel / header or full system if mfg certificates available.

3) arsonist / S4 Vtec 1 / 94766923

4) savio27 / S4 vtec 3 / Stainless steel / Header

Also called up Loois Motors. The last piece (Ver S) stainless steel header is going for $500+ exclusive of installation. Person said it's from Japan, not Malaysia. Hopefully we'll be able to get a better price here.

hehehehe

testing

1) shahrul_azmil/hayabusa/4-2-1-2 titanium HEADERS

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

will there be any inspection issues if i use the header wif stock endcan?

again i must declare i am no expert first. The stock header got catalytic converter while the MC header dun hv.

As you know, the purpose of catalytic converter is to burn off any nasty stuff (eg. carbon monoxide) so as to improve the exhaust emission. One of the things checked during annual inspection is the carbon monoxide level.

But i was told by Meng Tong, as long as yr engine tuning is well done, you dun need the catalytic converters to pass the inspections. He also say the street legal Yoshi full system also dun hv catalytic converter & can pass inspection. Any one here owns a yoshi full system can comment?

i think i know why WS bike bought the stainless steel header with slip-on-bolt-on adapter, instead of getting the one with direct bolt-on. I guess the slip on allows minor adjustment ; in case the header is slightly too long or short. If MC header is even 1 mm difference in length compare to stock header; it can prevent the header from being connected or installed to the mountings on the bike frame.

Hi, i might want to consider myself for my Project Big 1... was the price related...? can i order...? Can PM me...! Tks

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4787/wallpaperdo9.jpg

1999 - 2001: Yamaha TZR125

2001 - 2003: Yamaha RXZ 135 / Wave 110

2003 - 2005: Yamaha Y125Z / Yamaha X1-110

2005 - 2010: Honda PB1 CB400 / Yamaha Spark 135 LC (auto) / Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (Sports Version)

2010 - Current: Yamaha RXZ Catalyzer & Yamaha Jupiter MX 135

Hi, i might want to consider myself for my Project Big 1... was the price related...? can i order...? Can PM me...! Tks

i thot project big 1 stock header is stainless steel already ?

i thot project big 1 stock header is stainless steel already ?

Hmm, i mod liao, using Header Version S' with MICRON endcan... shud not be any problem...! PM me the price for the Stainless steel Header can...? Cheers,

2005 - 2010: Honda PB1 CB400 / Yamaha Spark 135 LC (auto) / Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (Sports Version)

u really should ask about other makes too ....

one thing i know is u should count the hayabusa and blackbird riders too ...

my frens quite instrested ..... but most want the titanium ....

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

u really should ask about other makes too ....

one thing i know is u should count the hayabusa and blackbird riders too ...

my frens quite instrested ..... but most want the titanium ....

http://www.mc-acc.com/products/mc_accessories_complete_exhaust_system.htm

from this page, it seems the titanium is only full system - which might not be street legal.

why not you email/ call the MC guy & ask directly the details?

you can also organise a MO for yr hayabusa & later join the MO for S4 to jointly negotiate the prices.

When the MC salesman come to Spore at end of month, it is best time for all to meet him face to face & negotiate. face to face discussion is always better.

Hmm, i mod liao, using Header Version S' with MICRON endcan... shud not be any problem...! PM me the price for the Stainless steel Header can...? Cheers,

i remember reading a thread , asking if a project big 1 stainless steel header can fits a S4vtec3. The answer was negative.

But on their catalogue , part no. 555640, they hv a front header for CB400, if yr S4 is manufactured in 1996. Dunno this is referring to version S or PB1.

i remember reading a thread , asking if a project big 1 stainless steel header can fits a S4vtec3. The answer was negative.

But on their catalogue , part no. 555640, they hv a front header for CB400, if yr S4 is manufactured in 1996. Dunno this is referring to version S or PB1.

Hmm shud be the spec that u mention bro... need to check my Log card, is our header look sexactly the same as in the pix?, wow... can't wait to fix it... how much?

Hmm shud be the spec that u mention bro... need to check my Log card, is our header look sexactly the same as in the pix?, wow... can't wait to fix it... how much?

if yr model is different, then i dun know the price. Sometimes the picture can be misleading. Better to go down personally to see.

You can try call WS bike to see if sample arrived next week. After calling, you can post here, then many people including me might go down & see.

I got yoshi full system for vtec on my PB1, maybe their can fit

3 Arai Helmet Meets Up :angel:

i forgot to add . The header which WS bike ,mr.Norman brought from MC is a 4-1 & not the 4-2-1. I showed him the pic i posted below, showing a stainless steel 4-2-1 with bolt-on. He say he saw it at the MC in KL but he prefer the 4-1 type with adapter to convert slip on to bolt-on. He say 4-1 has more power. And he say slip on has advantages for easy maintenance ( i dun understand his explanation). The thing is before ordering, we have to specify clearly which type you want.

I personally prefer 4-2-1 for 2 reasons:-

a) the 4-1 is at least 1.5inch thicker, with 2 pipes beneath another 2 pipes joining together to become one pipe. It means the clearance between the ground & the last pipe is lesser than the stock by 1.5". Existingly, my stock pipe header sometimes can hit the road humps if i go slightly faster. The 4-1 will make it worst, i'll hit more humps.

b) I feel the 4-2-1 configuration do not reduce exhaust flow velocity significantly as compared to the 4-1. As long as the final merged pipe is the same diameter as the final merged pipe of a 4-1, there should be negligible difference. The fact that the new header doesn't have catalytic converter means a big boost in exhaust flow velocity - is already good enough.

Another important thing all of you must remember. I read this from the other thread on exhaust system. When you replace the header, the exhaust flow is so much better especially at high rpm. It can cause back firing because the higher exhaust flow will sucks out more fuel & stock air filter cannot cope to supply enough air. This is can be solved by using KNN air filter. So be prepared to spent more money.

the 4-2-1 is meant to make torque at the low-mid end... as a result the high end will suffer slightly..

comparatively, the 4-1 will make the most power at high end whereas would have less torque at the low-mid end...

each pipe is designed with a very specific and calculated length ... and the merging part of the 4-2-1 or 4-1 is by no means accidental or for sake of clearance.. it's meant to help to scavenge exhaust gases (each pipe helps another pipe) which in effect pulls clean air during the exhaust/intake stroke..

in layman terms... they help one another to vent exhaust gases...

think over on how you want your ride to feel like... good mid-end torque vs crazy high-end ?? you should be able to choose better then...

:)

dont like say... blink can try

I Heard my name bro... BLINK!!! watsuppp...

i did email him .... till now no respond .....

been like 1 month plus

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e