SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Triumph Classics

Throttle

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would love to own this bike at 6k.

but as i understand the buyer who took over my bike, resprayed the bike, put on the ERP and sold the bike soon after....

I regret selling it actually but i just didnt have the time to take care of it.

It got stares wherever we went.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bonny for sale. Leaving the country by the end of year, so gotta let her go by December. I was previously "cruise" on this forum. Couldn't log in, for some reason.

Bonneville T100 2006/7 model, less than 20,000 mileage. Will let go at very reasonable price to genuine buyer. Bought at 20K from Mah. Will sell at half price. Just over 2 years old. Excellent condition. Accident-free, no problems whatever.

This beautiful bike needs a good loving owner!

Haynes Manual included!

Contact me directly at 9-843-8840.

triumph.jpg

Edited by beedi

Update - managed to sell her today for 10K. Many thanks to Throttle and Andy especially for general advice and guidance. Moving back to Malaysia soon and look forward to owning a beat-up van. Can get one there for RM10K.

Paiseh, couldnt do much, Dude.

but congrats to a quick sale.

All the best to your new endeavours in Malaysia.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Recently been considering the option of Triumph T'bird cus its the one that can suit side panniers quite well and also of course that exhaust, its just super to me (alternative option to an X4 and vfr). Can anyone tell me more about the bike (eg pros and cons) cuz it looks like it may not be a comfortable ride for touring. Then again, you guys would know better. I am all ears for that sweet bike.

BTW does it have a slot for raincoat under the seat?

Thanx alot guys.

Hi Guys,

Recently been considering the option of Triumph T'bird cus its the one that can suit side panniers quite well and also of course that exhaust, its just super to me (alternative option to an X4 and vfr). Can anyone tell me more about the bike (eg pros and cons) cuz it looks like it may not be a comfortable ride for touring. Then again, you guys would know better. I am all ears for that sweet bike.

BTW does it have a slot for raincoat under the seat?

Thanx alot guys.

its naked, so don't expect to be able to tour fast on it.

are you talking about givi/hepco panniers or soft panniers?

engine wise, if it has been looked after, its tough as nails but valves should be checked regularly at every 20k or so (not according to the book but usually our local guys don't even bother checking them at all!) .

carb's are the usual problems with the older triples as they are not looked after very well and will cause wear on the slides and needles. the air filters are also usually not cleaned/replaced. This 2 issues are due to the carbs having to be removed to gain access to the air box - yes i know is stupid but it is a problem for all t309 and t409 models.

Rear shocks and suspension linkages are also usually neglected and can fail. this one is laziness of the the local mechanics grease nipples are provided but they do not bother to grease the damn linkages.

radiator cap can go due to wear and tear and should be replaced.

another silly design issue also can cause the front sprocket not being replaced which will cause premature wear to your chain.

due to age of machines, the coils may go as well but its wear and tear.

as you can see, not much can go wrong with the engine and gearbox but the other things that make up the bike which needs care that can go wrong!

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzitech.dk/english/index.htm

1981 dt125

"its bad but not too bad"

I sold it for about $6k.

and this person is selling it after a round of paint work and some mods

for $12k. wow, good job....

its naked, so don't expect to be able to tour fast on it.

are you talking about givi/hepco panniers or soft panniers?

engine wise, if it has been looked after, its tough as nails but valves should be checked regularly at every 20k or so (not according to the book but usually our local guys don't even bother checking them at all!) .

carb's are the usual problems with the older triples as they are not looked after very well and will cause wear on the slides and needles. the air filters are also usually not cleaned/replaced. This 2 issues are due to the carbs having to be removed to gain access to the air box - yes i know is stupid but it is a problem for all t309 and t409 models.

Rear shocks and suspension linkages are also usually neglected and can fail. this one is laziness of the the local mechanics grease nipples are provided but they do not bother to grease the damn linkages.

radiator cap can go due to wear and tear and should be replaced.

another silly design issue also can cause the front sprocket not being replaced which will cause premature wear to your chain.

due to age of machines, the coils may go as well but its wear and tear.

as you can see, not much can go wrong with the engine and gearbox but the other things that make up the bike which needs care that can go wrong!

yup that about sums it all up.

I had my t-bird serviced as it was a bit imbalanced.

but with EFI nowadays, mechs are quite lazy to meddle with Carb bikes.

Manually tuning a 3 cylinder engine is not easy .

I sold it for about $6k.

and this person is selling it after a round of paint work and some mods

for $12k. wow, good job....

Hmm I still prefer the white paint job with checkered flag design ...

c26492.jpg

• 3 months later...
Hmm I still prefer the white paint job with checkered flag design ...

me too. anytime...:(

it was a two tone white on electric blue actually......sigh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all!! Anyone interested in Bonnie T100, let me know. It's 7yrs and 9mths old. Imported from Carl Rosner motorcycles in UK. (nothing different from what we get here, first owner was an ang mo fm UK) Will put it on the garage sale soon. can sms me at 90691714 for details. Very reluctant sale actually.

Can't put at GS though, wonder why, I have 50posts and been here quite awhile.. hmmm

What is the difference between the Bonnie and Thrux? Besides the exhaust pipes, everything else looks similar to me. Is that the only difference?

Also, how is the handling of these triumph classics? Looking at getting one, probably a new one from Mah. Trying to understand more first... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All Bonnie T100 Owner,

Some thing to share.

My T100 speedo has an unusual problem, kph counter and trip counter are working but speedo needle dead but sometime it wakes up suddently and starts indicating speed without me doing anything. While waiting for the new speedo I have ordered I started to check one item at a time by elimination method but not successful until I noticed that the end meter cable U slot and the pin from the wheel connecting the meter cable is highly polished indicating intermittent engagement and therefore speedo needle working sometime only. I also tested with a new speedo cable set but it work more often but then fails again and wake up suddently to work and I suspect the pin from wheel shaft may have shorten due to wear.

I filed down the end plastic of the speedo cable about 1.5 mm so that the U end of the cable is fully engagad into the pin and greased it and tighten its holding screw . Very happy and satisfied that the speedo needle is working well now.

Cheers

Michael Chee

Hi All Bonnie T100 Owner,

Some thing to share.

My T100 speedo has an unusual problem, kph counter and trip counter are working but speedo needle dead but sometime it wakes up suddently and starts indicating speed without me doing anything. While waiting for the new speedo I have ordered I started to check one item at a time by elimination method but not successful until I noticed that the end meter cable U slot and the pin from the wheel connecting the meter cable is highly polished indicating intermittent engagement and therefore speedo needle working sometime only. I also tested with a new speedo cable set but it work more often but then fails again and wake up suddently to work and I suspect the pin from wheel shaft may have shorten due to wear.

I filed down the end plastic of the speedo cable about 1.5 mm so that the U end of the cable is fully engagad into the pin and greased it and tighten its holding screw . Very happy and satisfied that the speedo needle is working well now.

Cheers

Michael Chee

well done :thumb:

What is the difference between the Bonnie and Thrux? Besides the exhaust pipes, everything else looks similar to me. Is that the only difference?

Also, how is the handling of these triumph classics? Looking at getting one, probably a new one from Mah. Trying to understand more first... :)

Eh I am not so sure. I only know the Thruxton is more sporty (like Ducati Sports Classic like that). Can even buy a rear seat cowl. Nice leh ..

c26492.jpg

• 2 weeks later...