SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Triumph Classics

Throttle

yeah, it's true that the Legend does not have as much vintage look as the TB , probably due to the exhausts...and the seat.

it looks also quite like the retro 80s Nighthawk 750

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Throttle@Dec 3 2005, 01:41 PM

yeah, it's true that the Legend does not have as much vintage look as the TB , probably due to the exhausts...and the seat.

it looks also quite like the retro 80s Nighthawk 750

ya.. it was more like the nighthawk..

the Legend is selling around 4K.. quite a good buy i would say..

Its a Mod Thing.. you'll not understand...

not as easily as a jap bike of course, but one week's wait is about it.

can swap with some Jap parts too.

if you already have one bike, then it's probably too bothersome to buy another.

owning too many vehicles can be quite laychey ......renew insurance, road tax, inspection etc...., i fully understand

Originally posted by Throttle@Dec 4 2005, 03:41 PM

not as easily as a jap bike of course, but one week's wait is about it.

can swap with some Jap parts too.

if you already have one bike, then it's probably too bothersome to buy another.

owning too many vehicles can be quite laychey ......renew insurance, road tax, inspection etc...., i fully understand

by the way.. how do u go about ordering parts? thru internet or thru agent of Triumph (if there is any) to get for you? any website to check on the parts? i am sourcing parts for my bike.. and seems like the cheapest alternative is to get from the aussies..

yes, to get from australia probably the quickest too.

I've never tried though

current agent (mah) will order from Japan and takes about 10 days.

wat are you riding?

Originally posted by Throttle@Dec 7 2005, 09:45 AM

yes, to get from australia probably the quickest too.

I've never tried though

current agent (mah) will order from Japan and takes about 10 days.

wat are you riding?

hi throttle.. i have a old honda CB and a moto guzzi. the guzzi having some clutch problem, a fellow guzzian recommended me to a aussie guy for parts. was trying to scout if there are other alternatives ..

hey throttle , what a switch from sportbikes to Triumph, but I have been toying with the idea too, for me , it is the age, and Harleys are too common, BMWs are so expensive if anything goes wrong , have been exploring another European ( more character ) seems Triumph has a history and if enough numbers perhaps soon there will be a market , I was talking to Joe of mah the other day and told him that they should really give some attention to Triumph , I once had the only Sprint of 1996 , bought from Bike Connection, so relaxing to ride , no need for many gear changes cos of the flat torque across the rev range , at 100km/h , just twist the throtttle and another car goes by !!! sort of miss it , I may want a Speed Triple if one is available , anyone selling ????

Yeah, the new speed triple is one great looker!

Wide bars and sexy body. a man's bike!

before I bot my ZX11 I was testing out the speed triple (one model before the mission impossible) Torque is solid. but speed got the better of me then.

after that decided to get on the track for some knee scraping action....

then hang up my racesuit and boots for some easy street riding.

Get a triumph bonneville lah...

Originally posted by Throttle@Dec 8 2005, 06:35 PM

then hang up my racesuit and boots for some easy street riding.

Get a triumph bonneville lah...

...hi throttle.......which Bonneville is exactly in ur mind?......Jubilee...Bonneville Royal.....or Bonneville America?....

..........decided 2 do?.....then do it!.......2 do nothing is 2 get nothing..........

.....then what is it Throttle?.....a T100T is a Daytona.....T120...T140V..& T140D....is the real Bonneville...being 500cc...700cc...&....750cc..respectively....anyways is hard to tell........even for an avid fans...it sounds the same it looks the same execpt for the side box, diskbrake & a few headlights cosmetics....a mod T100 is very well looks like a T120 or a T140V.....if u add a pair of cast wheels it will look like T140D.......................ha ha ha.. LOL...that's one thing good about English Bike.......most parts is swapable.... it will keep us amuse & it will keep us confuse.....well at least i am.....:giddy: :thumb:

..........decided 2 do?.....then do it!.......2 do nothing is 2 get nothing..........

I know where the confusion is . Hoho

The triumph Daytonas are vintage triumphs (mostly pre 1970) which look like the current bonneville T100. Around 500cc or so.

Triumph Daytonas have, since the revival of the brand, been totally redesigned into sportbikes mostly with full or half fairings.

The new bonnevilles are the only available retro classic from Triumph now since the discontinuation of the thunderbird which is the sportier roadster version.

So in other words, when we talk about "new" Triumphs, Daytonas refer to the Sportsbikes and no longer the classic.

The current day Daytona which i was referring to

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/6546/daytona5958xd.jpg

The old Daytona that you were referring to

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/6305/1966triumphdaytona5007xb.jpg

:smile:

Originally posted by Throttle@Dec 11 2005, 01:22 AM

plse no need to thank me. what are you riding by the way? a triumph as well?

or another classic?

.....ha ha....i'm afraid not Throttle....but my late oldman used to have a collections of them....he was an avid fans of Triumph...well so am i...minus the bike.......i like the bike & the sound it makes... especially on a Paul Dunstall slips on.....Harley's sound?...no i hate it...it's just too stormy (sorry guys out there.. it is just the case of one man's meat... is another man's poision.....but i like the bike though...i have one just next to my bed)......BTW my ride is a VTX 1800 C...

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday nite, battery died on me again after I jump started it the week before so I decided not to be lazy and got it replaced with a new one yesterday.

Back in action liao!

see you all on the roads