SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Ride] Road Trip To Hatyai and Phuket - Dec 2007

zasrock

But I find the C&N abit costly.Can try Patong Green Mountain hotel.Price around S$40 include breakfast.Very good stay there.Can park yr bike right infront of the hotel.Down side is a far walk to the patong nite life.(But can also rent a cub from there 200 baht per day)

why not try C&N Resort instead? it's at the end of Patong...the southmost part...

If i remembered correctly, for twin sharing it's about less than $30 per night per person including breakfast. About 1200 baht for twin sharing rooms. Was there during peak season also during early dec. Stayed there for 3 nights. Good place.

Some pics of the resort. (Will take some time to load up)

The Room

http://images.husaini15.multiply.com/image/10/photos/28/600x600/18/CIMG3221.JPG?et=T%2CzF8KbsKJRwepn%2CimJyiQ

http://images.husaini15.multiply.com/image/10/photos/28/600x600/19/CIMG3222.JPG?et=yazTRX7QxQ%2B79tuP13eIlw

The Pool

http://images.husaini15.multiply.com/image/10/photos/28/600x600/24/CIMG3234.JPG?et=HvJcxZDLY54SC6BAbMX6FA

The Lobby

http://images.husaini15.multiply.com/image/9/photos/28/600x600/29/CIMG3240.JPG?et=Kz6Ws%2CoggJVLLLZ%2Cas3t4g

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone for the great input. Sorry cannot reply to some of the query sooner due to hectic schedule.

Minimum Bike

Regarding about the minimum bike size, there isn't any minimum requirement. As long as your bike can travel average speed of 130 or 140 it will be fine with us.. We don't intend to ride like crazy up cause I've tried crusing at high speed and I find it uncomfortable. What we want is a nice relax and comfortable ride up north and have a great adventure together.

Starting the trip earlier

Starting the trip a day earlier seems a very good idea but we need to consider it as its a Hari Raya and we have family related issues that we need to sort out first.. But I will confirm on the departure asap.

Changed to earlier plan

As planned earlier, we were planned to stop over KL for the night, after getting some great feedback from fellow bikes, we were thinking of stopping of pinang instead. This would allow us to explore pinang, the changes to the places and heard that there are a lot of great resource and activities there as well. Been there like 10 to 15 years back...

Anyway if any bikers have any great suggesstion, please do add in to the thread. And better still, join us so we can a great trip... Cheers

On average, every three days, 1 motorcyclist or a pillion die or is seriously injured in a traffic accident. Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough. Riding recklessly is Suicidal.

Currently confirm list

1. FZ1 - zasrock (94780659)
  2. Varadero 1000 - chryslayer

Pending list

1. S4 - Mal
  2. S4 - Pplater
  3. FZ1 - Pplater's friend

What we have planned so far:

1. 20/12 (9.30 pm) - Meet at GP Esso.
  2. (10.00 pm) - Start journey.
  3. Will be an easy ride. Estimated speed will be 130 - 140 km/h. Will be stopping every 200 to 250 km to top up and smoke break. (meaning small bikes should have no problem)
  4. 21/12 (8.00 am)-Estimated will be arrving at boarder abt 8.00 am. Just nice to buy insurance, breakfast, and passport clearance(custome open at about 6.30. In the early morning expected to have a lot of tour buses and lorries)
  5. Reach Hatyai about 11.am. Check in hotel or have lunch.
  6. Rest first. Evening go out and explore Hatyai night life.
  7. 22/12 (8.00 am)- Leave for Phuket. Estimated will be arriving in 3-4 hours.
  8. (12.00) Lunch. Check in hotel and explore Phuket. Can rent a bike for exploration or get a boat trip to explore nearby island.
  9. At night. Can relax at the beach and enjoy the ambian.
  10. 23/12 (8.00 am) - Leave for Pinang.
  11. Expected to reach Pinang in 6-8 hours. Check in hotel.
  12. At night can visit places uin KL for shopping and etc..
  13. 24/12 (10.00 or later) - Shoot back to Singapore. Estimate to arrive in Singapore at night.
  14. 25/12 - Rest Day.. next day need to work..

We will be booking the hotel by the end of the month. So if you guyz are interested, please write down your name, contact and possible your bike (as to do a buddy system kinda thing).

PS: This is just the main idea. Have not really finallize it yet. Positive Opinions and feedback are welcome. :thumb:

On average, every three days, 1 motorcyclist or a pillion die or is seriously injured in a traffic accident. Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough. Riding recklessly is Suicidal.

juz another idea bro..

20/12 - set off to hatyai

21/12 - reached hatyai

22/12 - set off early to krabi. Should be able to reach before noon ( Why krabi? I find that 1 night in phuket is not enough. not enough time for either sightseeing or resting. Krabi is not as far as phuket and i find it to be more nicer. Krabi also easier to find halal food as it's predominantly muslim)

23/12 - krabi ( can go 4/5 island tour package )

24/12 - set to KL ( u've rested for 2 solid nights, so at least can set off earlier for the ride to KL )

25/12 - since it is KL, juz a short ride back to singapore. Set off at 1pm after check out. Should be able to reach GP by 5pm. Should be enough time for you to rest for work the next day

Al-simmons>> C & N resorts...saw at the hotel booklets. I thot it was much more expensive than C & N Hotel. Will try to book it if i'm going again since it has a nice swimming pools. Is it near to the Bangla road where all the night activites & shopping center there.

Varadero Adventure Rider Asia

Al-simmons>> C & N resorts...saw at the hotel booklets. I thot it was much more expensive than C & N Hotel. Will try to book it if i'm going again since it has a nice swimming pools. Is it near to the Bangla road where all the night activites & shopping center there.

Can check the site. it's not very near the bangla road. But we still manage to walk to the beach although it's quite a distance. Got used to it after whole day walking around the town.

http://www.thailandhotels24.com/phuket/cn.htm

http://www.thailandhotels24.com/phuket/cn/cn_resort_map.jpg

it is right at the end of the main town. If you know where the Honda showroom is, it's just down the row of shops and across the junction to the road that leads further south of phuket island.

more photos available at the site.

"The road less travelled"

380430_10150542159155027_725570026_11064521_1701187442_n.jpg

Zasrock,it's a great trip and will be very fun as i went thru b4,

but looks like ur time's schedule was very tight,u need to stay in phuket

at least for 2 days for complete rest after travelling from s'pore/hatyai.there is a lot activities in phuket..

journey from hatyai to phuket at least 5hrs depending on ur travelling speed furthermore is a trunk road,travelling from phuket to kl is a long journey and very tiring,last time round when we back fr phuket we decided to stay in kedah alor setar as quite shack ordy..my advice, when approaching melaka ns highway beware of uneven road as some road construction going on.i nearly skidded last month during motogp when riding at dark..

Good luck and enjor ur ride..

but looks like ur time's schedule was very tight,u need to stay in phuket

at least for 2 days for complete rest after travelling from s'pore/hatyai.there is a lot activities in phuket..

journey from hatyai to phuket at least 5hrs depending on ur travelling speed furthermore is a trunk road,travelling from phuket to kl is a long journey and very tiring

exactly!

i know of some guys who did Sin/Hatyai/Phuket in one shot. started at GP at 10pm reached Phuket ard 2pm the next day..It's possible if u wanna save time..

Personally, i find it's a dangerous esp if ur body not conditioned for long

riding. I find that the most dangerous time is when you can see the sun is rising. That's the moment when I'll feel the most sleepiest.. Resting for a day in Hatyai is a must for me.

I think Phuket to KL is doable but must have enough rest. I doubt 1 night rest is enough. At least 2 days.

Rough time estimation including rest time : Phuket to Hatyai = 5hrs

Hatyai to KL = 6hrs

** bear in mind that u'll lose 1 hour as Malaysia is 1 hour ahead of Thailand**

Estimate Timing = Set off at 8am ( Thai Time )

Reached Border = 1pm ( Thai Time )

Clear customs = 1hr : 2pm ( Thai Time )

Set off fr bukit Kayu Hitam Petrol Station = 3pm ( MY time)

KL = 9pm ( MY time )

All timings are rough estimations.. I actually like to rest in KL as the journey to Sin is nearer than from Penang. Plus Penang jam can be a killer too..

bear in mind that all yer suggestions will be taken into consideration

:thumb:

original objective is actually to get my seat wrapped in Hatyai..

if can get it done and over within the same day then cool

but if not, then might have to wait another day then can go up Krabi/Phuket

dat too if our budget allows us...since its peak period :giddy:

penang or kl - i will leave it to the sole organiser to decide:cool:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/rahmatese/3dflags_fra0001-0001a.gif

chrislayer..

how i wish i can join u for the trip but i can't due to working commitments..

trip advisor?.. hehehe.. juz sharing my teeny weeny experience.. hopefully those old birds will have better suggestions..

Not sure about seat wrapping in hatyai.. heard stories from 30mins to the next day collect after sending.. i nvr done it before bro.

Chrislayer>>seat wrap, at least take 1-2 day to complete. Since u guys have a tight schedule, i don't think u have the time to do it. unless u just want normal rewrap without modification of your present seat. They need time to cut & put on extra padding plus sewing etc.

"22/12 (8.00 am)- Leave for Phuket. Estimated will be arriving in 3-4 hours."

I think hatyai to Phuket take ard 5 hour with ave speed 110-120km/h , furthermore at krabi area with alots of big trucks & single lane. By the time u reach Phuket ard 2 -3pm. Quite shack already bcos of the extreme hot weather and road conditions. If u take route 4 to Trang via Phuket. Remember to take the route "bypass Trang to Huai Yot". If overshot u might be lost at Trang with limited road indication. Avoid Route 4270 to Huai Yot to Phuket. Terrible road condition with mud conditions & lots of turns. I have to u turn back to take route 4 again. Wasted 1 hour journey ride.

Weather forecast in Phuket....Good weather now

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=phuket

yup...almost lost at Trang but somehow manage to get out there. Just stop and ask the friendly thai which way to hatyai. Anyway has anyone try other route going to phuket. I have try route 4270 via Huai Yot but not advise to take it because of terrible road condition. My last year trip try route 4019 & 4156 to Phuket. My advice better not, can get lost easily because of small trunk roads

I went up phuket a few months back with a friend and frankly i can tell you, 1 night stay is not enough. We stayed there for 2 nights, yet I did not have the time to swim at the beach.

I seriously think the shop will not be able to do your seat within a day. Unless yours is a simply rewrap and no stitching is done.

Like what egaabwaa said, stick to route 4, u won't get lost. Worst case senario, u reach bangkok. :angel:

Bikes

Men ride it. Boys dream about it.

SG-Thai Border 8-12hrs

Thai border paperwork 1-2hrs

Thai Border - Hatyai 30-45mins

Hatyai - Phuket 5-7hrs

Hope this helps

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

20th Dec

1300 hrs - GP Esso

1400 hrs - Pagoh (142km)

1530 hrs - Seremban (284km)

1730 hrs - Rawang (429km)

1900 hrs - Tapah (530km)

2030 hrs - Gg Semanggul (663km)

2200 hrs - Gurun (774km) ** Overnight at RSA Gurun, leave about 0500 hrs

21st Dec

0630 hrs - Bt. Kayu Hitam (857km) **custom clearance @ Thai Border ~ 1-2hrs

0800 hrs - Leave for Hatyai (70km)

0900 hrs - Bike shop @ Hatyai & breakfast

1300 hrs - lunch & check into hotel, rest & relax

1800 hrs - dinner & explore

22nd Dec

departure for Krabi depends on situation ~ 1000 hrs

1200 hrs - Trang (141km)

1400 hrs - Krabi (304km), check into hotel

explore till 24th Dec, depart for S'pore in the morning

NB. tentative plan, may change subject to weather conditions and other unpredictable situations

hi, i just saw the new in http://www.bangkokpost.com on pg 8, hope it help....

RACE TO PARLIAMENT

Companies oppose Dec 24 special holiday

Many companies have said they will not make Dec 24 a holiday, as requested by the government, as they have to handle a heavy workload with the end of the year approaching, the Employers Confederation of Thailand said yesterday. Secretary-general Siriwan Romchathong said a number of firms would, however, allow workers to travel to their hometown to vote on Dec 23, a Sunday.

The cabinet ordered the Monday holiday to encourage people to vote.

fn328k.multiply.com/photos

Life is short, Ride hard..........

Hi Singapore bikes... trip to Hatyai and Krabi last call till this saturday (have to book early because of the peak season).. anyone interested please drop me an sms or call me at 94780659 (zasrock) so I can help to settle the accomodation while in Thailand.

I hope that the election event will not affect us much...

20th Dec

1300 hrs - GP Esso

1400 hrs - Pagoh (142km)

1530 hrs - Seremban (284km)

1730 hrs - Rawang (429km)

1900 hrs - Tapah (530km)

2030 hrs - Gg Semanggul (663km)

2200 hrs - Gurun (774km) ** Overnight at RSA Gurun, leave about 0500 hrs

21st Dec

0630 hrs - Bt. Kayu Hitam (857km) **custom clearance @ Thai Border ~ 1-2hrs

0800 hrs - Leave for Hatyai (70km)

0900 hrs - Bike shop @ Hatyai & breakfast

1300 hrs - lunch & check into hotel, rest & relax

1800 hrs - dinner & explore

bro, my suggestion is you set off later.. i find that there is no point for you to set off in the heat of the day.. The night is more cooling and u can use the day to rest or catch some sleep.. furthermore overnight at the RSA will make you more sleepy as it's not proper sleep.. Try to get a gd day sleep and set off later.. I give you a laydown of what me and my buddies would do normally when we ride up to Hatyai.

20th Dec

930pm - Meet Up at Esso

1000pm - Set off

21st Dec

1200am - Ayer Keroh Jejatas R&R ( 212kms ) [ no prob for super4 and fazer to reach this distance cos i tried it before with both bikes travelling at 140km/h]

1230am - Set off for Rawang

200am - Rawang ( 175kms )

230am - Set off for Sungai Perak

400am - Sungai Perak ( 190kms )

430am - Set off for Gurun

6am - Gurun ( 169kms )

730am - Set Off for Hatyai

830am - Border ( 142kms )

** timings and distance are estimation.. and are roughly based on travelling at 140km/h**

the journey from Ayer Keroh Jejatas to Rawang is about ..furthermore most part of the road will be lighted so u can pick up speed a bit down there.. Rest longer when u reach Gurun and wait for the sun to rise before moving off.. dun forget your sunglasses as the morning rays direct to your unshaded eyes will make you sleepy.. that's what i normally do plus 1 or 2 cans or PowerRoot.