SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Ride] Road Trip To Hatyai and Phuket - Dec 2007

zasrock

Hi SB riders,

My and a couple of guyz are planning a trip up north to Hatyai and Puket this coming December Holiday. We have planned it to be on the 20/12 till 24/12. It will be an easy ride and we are expecting to cover the journey to hatyai in 12 to 14 hours. Our plan is to stay 1 night in Hatyai and travel to Puket the next day. 1 night at Puket and travel down to Singapore.

I know the journey back is about 1500 km and we were planing of stopping by at KL if the journey is unbearable.

I'm posting this just to know if anyone is interested in joing the trip or there are bikers who have plan to ride up in the same week(so we can join you guyz)...

C:thumb: heers

On average, every three days, 1 motorcyclist or a pillion die or is seriously injured in a traffic accident. Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough. Riding recklessly is Suicidal.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dec is Thailand high season leah.. :cheeky:

Simon Soh

It's not the destination we conquered but ourselves.

Chiang Saen, Land of Golden Triangle

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5254/5500744953_52f8f8de37.jpg

26th Dec 05' - 9th Jan 06' Northern Thailand Trip

yup.. that is why I'm posting the invitation earlier so that there more time to prepare like hotel and accormodation. I'm thinking of booking the hotel by the end of the month so if any of you guyz want to join, please inform me ealier or else you have to find your own place to crash...

Regarding the weather, it's really difficult to say cause now the weather is so unpredictable.. the best is to be ready (have proper gear, jacket, boot, rain coat and etc...) and ride safe.

On average, every three days, 1 motorcyclist or a pillion die or is seriously injured in a traffic accident. Riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough. Riding recklessly is Suicidal.

dec also a holiday period so items will be more expensive.. however in my case... this is the only period where my wife can join me touring as she is in the education line. so bo pian... its now or don't know when...:)

May I know what bikes are going? Travelling speed etc.

Is your schedule like that:-

20/12 Say start at 1 am. Reach Haytdai at 4pm. Stay one night

21/12 Travel to Phuket and stay one night.

22/12 Travel to KL? Stay one night

23/ 12 Go home.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/bikeyroo/Signature%20dog/cute-moving-puppy.gif

vara125 outriders are organising a trip to krabi from 13th - 19th dec.

check it out:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76484&page=278&highlight=varadero

you need only to take leave from 14th to 18th inclusive as we are travelling in the 13th night. back by 19th early morning.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

vara125 outriders are organising a trip to krabi from 13th - 19th dec.

check it out:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76484&page=278&highlight=varadero

you need only to take leave from 14th to 18th inclusive as we are travelling in the 13th night. back by 19th early morning.

tks for the info..

but if 20-25th Dec, only have to take 2 days leave tentatively...:thumb:

isn't it better?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa199/rahmatese/3dflags_fra0001-0001a.gif

Currently confirm list

1. Fazer 1000 - zasrock (94780659)
  2. Varadero 1000 - chryslayer

What we have planned so far:

1. 20/12 (9.30 pm) - Meet at GP Esso.
  2. (10.00 pm) - Start journey.
  3. Will be an easy ride. Estimated speed will be 130 - 140 km/h. Will be stopping every 200 to 250 km to top up and smoke break. (meaning small bikes should have no problem)
  4. 21/12 (8.00 am)-Estimated will be arrving at boarder abt 8.00 am. Just nice to buy insurance, breakfast, and passport clearance(custome open at about 6.30. In the early morning expected to have a lot of tour buses and lorries)
  5. Reach Hatyai about 11.am. Check in hotel or have lunch.
  6. Rest first. Evening go out and explore Hatyai night life.
  7. 22/12 (8.00 am)- Leave for Phuket. Estimated will be arriving in 3-4 hours.
  8. (12.00) Lunch. Check in hotel and explore Phuket. Can rent a bike for exploration or get a boat trip to explore nearby island.
  9. At night. Can relax at the beach and enjoy the ambian.
  10. 23/12 (8.00 am) - Leave for KL.
  11. Expected to reach KL in 6-8 hours. Check in hotel.
  12. At night can visit places uin KL for shopping and etc..
  13. 24/12 (10.00 or later) - Shoot back to Singapore. Estimate to arrive in Singapore at night.
  14. 25/12 - Rest Day.. next day need to work..

We will be booking the hotel by the end of the month. So if you guyz are interested, please write down your name, contact and possible your bike (as to do a buddy system kinda thing).

PS: This is just the main idea. Have not really finallize it yet. Positive Opinions and feedback are welcome. :thumb:

Hi zasrock, just back from my last week trip from ko lanta & phuket. My advice is 1 day stay at phuket is too short. Hatyai to Phuket is around 466km with an average speed of 110 - 120km/h (becos of 2 way lane & single way lane) it took me around 5 hr when back to hatyai. Just beware of sudden small bike that going to u turn back or dash across from other lane. Rent a small bike and explore phuket island (take almost a day to explore) & if u like to visit island such as 1 day tour to Koh Phi Phi or 1 day tour to James Bond island, i think u shld not miss it when u r in Phuket.

Koh Phi Phi tour- Price ard 1200 baht (my last year trip price)

James Bond island tour - Price 850 which i bargain & paid for.

Don't fool by the price stated in the package (usually double the price for farang)

Hotel stay maybe u can try C&N Hotel , nice & decent price in Patong area. Cost $1200 Baht per night with breakfast. Opposite will be the laundry & bike shp for rent at a price of 200 - 250 Baht.

As for KL i think u can skip it and i'm sure u guys can endure back. KL :giddy: traffic jam & hotel stay much more exensive. No point there for stop over for a short period. Maybe u can extend 1 day trip for chrislayer in hatyai for wrapping his seat..Enjoy & have a safe trip.

Opps forget to tell u that there is major road works in NS highway (forget where). Only available for single lane drive, so better watch out of such cut in lane. Saw a lot of accident because of such incident. Take care.

Varadero Adventure Rider Asia

Thankz Atwin.. will take note of your suggesstion.. btw do you book your hotel online or through tour agency?

great info bro Atwin...looks like u had a great trip...awaiting your pics

just concerned abt the price hike at Phuket considering holidays

season during Dec...

My suggestion. How about having the trip 1 day earlier i.e. Start the trip on Wed 19/12 at 10 pm. 2 advantages: Most people need to take only 1 day's leave on 21/12. Secondly, you can come back on 23/12 Sunday. No need to take leave for 24/12. Besides one can also celebrate X'mas eve parties, BBQ etc...... The disadvantage is: If you have to work on the 19/12, then you will have less rest before the start of the trip. :angel:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/bikeyroo/Signature%20dog/cute-moving-puppy.gif

Currently confirm list

3. Will be an easy ride. Estimated speed will be 130 - 140 km/h. Will be stopping every 200 to 250 km to top up and smoke break. (meaning small bikes should have no problem)
  4. 21/12 (8.00 am)-Estimated will be arrving at boarder abt 8.00 am. Just nice to buy insurance, breakfast, and passport clearance(custome open at about 6.30. In the early morning expected to have a lot of tour buses and lorries)
  8. (12.00) Lunch. Check in hotel and explore Phuket. Can rent a bike for exploration or get a boat trip to explore nearby island.
  13. 24/12 (10.00 or later) - Shoot back to Singapore. Estimate to arrive in Singapore at night.

We will be booking the hotel by the end of the month. So if you guyz are interested, please write down your name, contact and possible your bike (as to do a buddy system kinda thing).

PS: This is just the main idea. Have not really finallize it yet. Positive Opinions and feedback are welcome. :thumb:

I'm interested too. Just to check with you. As stated in your plan above, you intend to spend a day in Phuket and another in KL. However i just feel that there's so much more to play in Phuket than in KL. Could we just shift the other day onto Phuket? LoLx...

Just beware of sudden small bike that going to u turn back or dash across from other lane.

Just to add on,

Also be aware of road works from stretch to stretch at intervals between Trang to Krabi or Krabi to Phang Nga....

They can be quite long and in bad shapes at times...

Ride safe.

:)

Steps to do a proper KNNBCCB with middle finger.

1. Bow down slightly, looking intensely at objective

2. Like a raging bull, hop and jog slowly towards objective

3. Take your left palm and slap it hard on the right mid-arm with a SLAP!

4. With charisma, raise right arm, whilst showing middle finger (with left palm trapped in bend right arm)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Thankz Atwin.. will take note of your suggesstion.. btw do you book your hotel online or through tour agency?

Bro,

You can check out the website,http://www.ratestogo.com for hotel booking.Better prices than walk-in.

Past rides are already history....

Current ride: FW VFR 800 ABS

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/james9295/DSC_0200.jpg

tks everyone for their inputs...

just to answer a few qns;

1)we should be riding together, not OTOT

2)we can skip KL as Phuket got more fun activities...:thumb:

Hmm.. Zasrock and Chrislayer are the organisers for this trip yeah? You guys got set any limits, like minimum class 2A bike or something? You two riding 1000cc bikes... NSH convoy strictly at 130 140... sure not.... :angel:

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

zasrock>> Usually i didn't book it, if no room available i will go across the road with cheap guesthouse. I'm not sure which hotel do u want to book. My personal advice, stay at Patong area where there r more night activities, furthermore there is also a very big shopping center recently open in Patong. Since u guys got quite a number of pple going, my suggest just call & book in advance. The C & N hotel is located on the left hand side ( now Patong street become one way direction). Ride slowly & look out on the left side of the big sign board, if miss have to make another big u-turn.

C & N hotel Tel no: +66 076340475

http://www.cnhotelpatong.com/

http://www.phuket-maps.com/frameme.php?page=patong.htm

Lastly take down the contact number of one of the Singaporean bike workshp owner in Phuket. A very helful guy that help us to solve my friend's bike in Phuket during our lasy year trip. Too bad i miss the chance to visit him again as i was in a rush.

West coast Service Centre

Eric Yeo

Thailand mobile no. 0869-519126

*Worth the $ to buy a prepaid card if u want to call back home. 199baht for happy card & can call as much as u want. Can buy at Hatyai easily

Varadero Adventure Rider Asia

hi, ATwin, izzt call http://www.jungceylon.com/ as for the hi-card i buy DATC from the 7-11 as there r Ais n Orange n when i call back to Singapore using 00965........ n izzt much cheaper than our SIM card, all the best as i will e there n the first week of Dec... if u guy need any help just PM if i can help u guys.... n ride safe..... :thumb:

http://www.latestays.com/

zasrock>> Usually i didn't book it, if no room available i will go across the road with cheap guesthouse. I'm not sure which hotel do u want to book. My personal advice, stay at Patong area where there r more night activities, furthermore there is also a very big shopping center recently open in Patong. Since u guys got quite a number of pple going, my suggest just call & book in advance. The C & N hotel is located on the left hand side ( now Patong street become one way direction). Ride slowly & look out on the left side of the big sign board, if miss have to make another big u-turn.

Lastly take down the contact number of one of the Singaporean bike workshp owner in Phuket. A very helful guy that help us to solve my friend's bike in Phuket during our lasy year trip. Too bad i miss the chance to visit him again as i was in a rush.

Eric Yeo

*Worth the $ to buy a prepaid card if u want to call back home. 199baht for happy card & can call as much as u want. Can buy at Hatyai easily

fn328k.multiply.com/photos

Life is short, Ride hard..........

hi, Zasrock, i dun think izzt a good idea to ride all the way from Phuket to KL as it will be a very long ride..........

Expected to reach KL in 6-8 hours. Check in hotel. I dun think u will beable to reach KL..... just my though..... just ride safe....

Currently confirm list

ya... i think i second that. U mentioned estimating about 5 hours to ride from Hatyai to Phuket. Assuming we take the same amount of time to return to hatyai, 6 hours from departing phuket on the last day could see us trying to clear thai customs especially if there are any delays. Would it be wiser to spend another night in hatyai?

P-plate should be an attitude to safety and riding. There's always more to learn.

10417710_10152885054228332_2597706433133321618_n.jpg?oh=a3e4c65165b15e5d659161c304211563&oe=54FB0965

Wah james, you also looking at this thread ar? How? Wanna go together? :angel:

I just came back from thailand on monday,was at there for work.I went to phuket on sun which was my off day,so I try to post what I know about the place.

I will need to see my workload for dec first.Dun tamper me hor!:cheeky:

Eric Yeo

Nice info.:thumb:

But I find the C&N abit costly.Can try Patong Green Mountain hotel.Price around S$40 include breakfast.Very good stay there.Can park yr bike right infront of the hotel.Down side is a far walk to the patong nite life.(But can also rent a cub from there 200 baht per day)

hi, ATwin, izzt call http://www.jungceylon.com/ as for the hi-card i buy DATC from the 7-11 as there r Ais n Orange n when i call back to Singapore using 00965........ n izzt much cheaper than our SIM card, all the best as i will e there n the first week of Dec... if u guy need any help just PM if i can help u guys.... n ride safe..... :thumb:

http://www.latestays.com/

Yap.Thats the new shopping mall.Very nice and clean.

Past rides are already history....

Current ride: FW VFR 800 ABS

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/james9295/DSC_0200.jpg

maybe u can try here.... http://www.latestays.com/andaman-resortel/ , as izzt now the HIGH season so everything will be EX ..... :cheeky:

But I find the C&N abit costly.Can try Patong Green Mountain hotel.Price around S$40 include breakfast.Very good stay there.Can park yr bike right infront of the hotel.Down side is a far walk to the patong nite life.(But can also rent a cub from there 200 baht per day)

Yap.Thats the new shopping mall.Very nice and clean.