SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all,u can go to boonsiew singapore website and check it out for the extended warranty! my milege 1900++.jus got to 400km from full to near redline. i got 45km/ltr.quite impressive for such a heavy bike.drop once due to not getting use to the weight while parking, damn sad man. mine is black n jus change to chrome clutch/brake levers.now petrol ex.owner manual say min RON 91,so guys, dun waste $$$.jus pump 92 can already.

I was quoted $5300 OTR, TPFT insurance for this bike in a bike shop in the North.

Think the price quoted to me was on the high side..

Looking ard for the best price

Try Bike Productions at Serangoon Rd, supposed to offer one of the best prices with no hidden costs. Take your time to find, but COE just went up $250+ I think so prices should be in the 5K region now

Well I got my bike from a shop in the North (quite popular one), frankly I'm not too pleased with it either. Straight away after I paid the deposit the fellow tell me the price need to top up cos insurance more expensive for people below 31yo. Then promise me box with matching colour in the end fit one black one for me, those no-brand one somemore, looks damn flimsy. Now I'm quite pissed cos I thought the box (its glossy) looks weird on my bike which is blue. Sianz...

Anyway, don want to spoil my day over the stupid shop lah, I will try to make some noise about the box when I go and collect the logcard on Fri but I doubt they will even bother ...

Ya, that's always the case when coming to bike purchase. Since they like to add so much, I just asked the sales person to quote me the total price and he immediately fished out a gigantic calculator from the counter drawer and started to press a series of costs, at least another 10 additional costs, summing up to a total price of $5400. :giddy:

However, I am quite ok with the price as long as the bike is a reliable one. They gave me a Givi box matt surface type. One thing which the bikeshop pissed me off was that they require 2 guarantors if I wish to pay by installments. Only 4k loan, they require 2 guarantors?! :faint: They dont offer net/credit card payment methods either :faint: Ended up I have to pay full cash for it. :giddy: Wondering how do such shops do business in today modern techno city. :sian: Anyway, thank God that the stressful transition is over.

By the way, I was told that LTA now no longer issue logcards and only to go back to bikeshop two weeks later to collect my road tax disc. I am still not so sure how this logcard-less system works. Maybe some experienced kind souls can enlighten me on this. Thanks in advance :)

Hi bros,

any vibration when u guys go at high speed?

cheers!

Yes, there is noticeable vibrations on the front bars when go up to 70km/h. High speed havent tried yet cos still in run in period. But not advisable for high speed as it is dangerous for such bikes to do so. Rear suspension is also on the stiffer side and some butt banging is expected when riding on uneven surfaces and humps. But of course, we cant really expect much from this economical 2B transport bike. Cost saving and reliablity should be the primary objective when considering this bike. :cool:

Hi all

I'm also just got my new CBF150 2 day ago.The engine is quite.I quite like it.BTW can anybody tell me how to register online cause i can't seem to find the register button.TQ.

Hi, you can go to the website @ http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.sg.

Scroll down the website and in the middle screen you can see the "Promotion" box

Within the box you can see "Free additional 3 months of warranty".

Click on it to go to the next screen and you can find "Click here and submit the Online Warranty Registration Form (New Motorcycle) >>"

Fill up the form and that's it.

Hope it helps. :p

Ya, that's always the case when coming to bike purchase. Since they like to add so much, I just asked the sales person to quote me the total price and he immediately fished out a gigantic calculator from the counter drawer and started to press a series of costs, at least another 10 additional costs, summing up to a total price of $5400.

However, I am quite ok with the price as long as the bike is a reliable one. They gave me a Givi box matt surface type. One thing which the bikeshop pissed me off was that they require 2 guarantors if I wish to pay by installments. Only 4k loan, they require 2 guarantors?! They dont offer net/credit card payment methods either Ended up I have to pay full cash for it. Wondering how do such shops do business in today modern techno city. Anyway, thank God that the stressful transition is over.

By the way, I was told that LTA now no longer issue logcards and only to go back to bikeshop two weeks later to collect my road tax disc. I am still not so sure how this logcard-less system works. Maybe some experienced kind souls can enlighten me on this. Thanks in advance

Well, I guess we learned our lessons now, the reason I chose to buy from this bikeshop was because its near my house and the price quoted was competitive (initially). Wanted to get from Bike Productions but must take public transport a long way to Serangoon Rd to collect bike. Lesson learnt ... don't be lazy!

Hey I saw a TW200 in your signature, is that one of your past rides too? If so then its another coincidence cos TW was my first ride right after my 2B, but that was 9 yrs back lah .. I'm supposed to collect my documents tomorrow, will update u about the logcard....

My front brakes has some slight squeaking sound leh, don't think its major... probably brake pad there 'dirty', irritating man. Any other riders have this problem?

Well, I guess we learned our lessons now, the reason I chose to buy from this bikeshop was because its near my house and the price quoted was competitive (initially). Wanted to get from Bike Productions but must take public transport a long way to Serangoon Rd to collect bike. Lesson learnt ... don't be lazy!

Hey I saw a TW200 in your signature, is that one of your past rides too? If so then its another coincidence cos TW was my first ride right after my 2B, but that was 9 yrs back lah .. I'm supposed to collect my documents tomorrow, will update u about the logcard....

My front brakes has some slight squeaking sound leh, don't think its major... probably brake pad there 'dirty', irritating man. Any other riders have this problem?

Haha... ya... but it is human nature. No choice one. Also not forgetting the gimmicks and trade off like further dist, unfriendly CS, high interest rate etc. Most important is to be happy with what we have just bought. Nothing else matters.

As for TW200, you can consider it as my first 2B bike as my first bike which is a RXZ was barely used for two months before being stolen. Afterwhich I rode the TW... about 7 years ago. Had lots of fun with it. Really another conincidence that you also rode a TW during the 2B newbie period. Amazing... Haha... we should meet up one day to have coffee. :)

The squeaking sound may disappear by itself once the pads have fully bed in, depending on rider's braking habits. Otherwise, you may wish to replace the OEM pads to see if it does improve. For me, I havent been riding the bike eversince I collected it back from the bikeshop. So I am not sure whether mine got sound or not. But even if it does, I wont be bothered by it as long as it does the job of braking.

now at boonsiew for 2nd oil change. tell them my problem like bochap.not attentive to customers.damn it! i myself is a senior technician of a workshop.no intergrity service provided.

Actually, you cant expect much from free stuff. By the way, I am just curious what engine oil they use? Fully syn 5w-40?

Try Bike Productions at Serangoon Rd, supposed to offer one of the best prices with no hidden costs. Take your time to find, but COE just went up $250+ I think so prices should be in the 5K region now

Yeah....COE just went up...sigh...!!

Wonder would I be quoted $5600 at the same shop?

Geez..

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150

Haha... ya... but it is human nature. No choice one. Also not forgetting the gimmicks and trade off like further dist, unfriendly CS, high interest rate etc. Most important is to be happy with what we have just bought. Nothing else matters.

As for TW200, you can consider it as my first 2B bike as my first bike which is a RXZ was barely used for two months before being stolen. Afterwhich I rode the TW... about 7 years ago. Had lots of fun with it. Really another conincidence that you also rode a TW during the 2B newbie period. Amazing... Haha... we should meet up one day to have coffee.

The squeaking sound may disappear by itself once the pads have fully bed in, depending on rider's braking habits. Otherwise, you may wish to replace the OEM pads to see if it does improve. For me, I havent been riding the bike eversince I collected it back from the bikeshop. So I am not sure whether mine got sound or not. But even if it does, I wont be bothered by it as long as it does the job of braking.

Hey Yeoman! U wouldn't believe this man ... I also had an RXZ and it was also stolen b4 back in 2003, at Suntec City carpark no less... But I was lucky lah, police recovered the bike on the same night at a roadblock.... The coincidences between us is getting scary haha. Yap we should meet up for coffee one day (and pick some TOTO numbers together!) along with the rest of the riders here...

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm >>> "Hard break-in" ... Anyone did their run-in like this?

Cheers to all!

Hey Yeoman! U wouldn't believe this man ... I also had an RXZ and it was also stolen b4 back in 2003, at Suntec City carpark no less... But I was lucky lah, police recovered the bike on the same night at a roadblock.... The coincidences between us is getting scary haha. Yap we should meet up for coffee one day (and pick some TOTO numbers together!) along with the rest of the riders here...

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm >>> "Hard break-in" ... Anyone did their run-in like this?

Cheers to all!

OMG... so 3 of our bikes are of the same model. Ya... think we should pick some numbers and go buy toto liao. Maybe we can kena group 1 together ... :cheeky:

The hard break in article seems interesting. But I think it is meant more for sports bike that is going to be use in races and extreme riding. A faster EO change is required. Hmm... I will still prefer to use the normal break in method and maybe some alternating throttling in the expressway when there is not much traffic. See how ba. I have heard some of my other biker friends saying that this method actually improves the engine response as compared to the normal break in method.

Thnkx bro.BTW have anybody got this problem when u want to slow down n changingfrom high gear to lower gear one by one the gear got jam.Just want to know if anybody encounter it.If u have solution pls let me know .TQ.

I think your bike speed is too fast when you are trying to lower your gears. Maybe you can lower your gears only when the bike has slow down and not straight away clutch in and lower. It will be easier.

Wah....today saw CBF 150 on the KJE expressway.

There is no problem for it to be cruising at 100km/h

Was travelling with him from KJE to Sengkang.

Can't wait to change to CBF 150. Managed to talk to the rider. Seems that the original chain was not good.

His original chain broke while riding.

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150

Wah....today saw CBF 150 on the KJE expressway.

There is no problem for it to be cruising at 100km/h

Was travelling with him from KJE to Sengkang.

Can't wait to change to CBF 150. Managed to talk to the rider. Seems that the original chain was not good.

His original chain broke while riding.

His chain broke; this is not good. I think he should bring this up to Honda as a 150cc bike should not be able to cause this.