• Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

• Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

care to share your fuel consumption?

Mine is a bit strange... I got the bike one week back (and straight away pumped full tank) and so far did about 160km, but the fuel gauge is already at the halfway mark. Seems that mine drink quite a lot of petrol ....

Hi all,

Mine is a bit strange... I got the bike one week back (and straight away pumped full tank) and so far did about 160km, but the fuel gauge is already at the halfway mark. Seems that mine drink quite a lot of petrol ....

Or could it be someone stole your petrol? You might never know as petrol prices are pretty Ex nowadays.

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150

Hi all,

Mine also the same, done 180km and fuel gauge is below halfway mark. Another half approx will cover and 140++km. So total should be about 320++km. I guessed it has something to do with the slow speed that I am doing at the moment. Only go to max 70km/hr and mostly short dist ride of less than 10km.

Life is about the freedom of choice

Mine also the same, done 180km and fuel gauge is below halfway mark. Another half approx will cover and 140++km. So total should be about 320++km. I guessed it has something to do with the slow speed that I am doing at the moment. Only go to max 70km/hr and mostly short dist ride of less than 10km.

That is very strange slow speed should consume less fuel wat, 320 km for a full tank is quite pathetic ... For me I just ride at normal speed, didn't keep to slow speeds but i try not to overrev the engine. Just wondering if the bad FC has anything to do with the cold start problem (wrong cab settings causing inefficient use of fuel)

Yeoman, do update as you ride ya, lets compare the FC since our bikes came out on the same day. If it is a persistent problem, I jio you go down Boon Siew to check ok? Btw did u get anything from them after registering the warranty online? Me never leh...

Jaggy, don think people steal my petrol lah, the areas I parked in so far are pretty open one, anyway no sign of tampering also.

Other riders - care to share your FC? esp the period when u first got your bikes. Thanks

Will be collecting my bike next week. Just a few Questions:

What is the running in distance and at what speed? 500km?

What is the interval to change engine oil? Every 2000km ?

What oil do you use while run in? Mineral?

By the way 320KM for 13 litres of petrol is high for a class 2B bike leh.

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150

That is very strange slow speed should consume less fuel wat, 320 km for a full tank is quite pathetic ... For me I just ride at normal speed, didn't keep to slow speeds but i try not to overrev the engine. Just wondering if the bad FC has anything to do with the cold start problem (wrong cab settings causing inefficient use of fuel)

Yeoman, do update as you ride ya, lets compare the FC since our bikes came out on the same day. If it is a persistent problem, I jio you go down Boon Siew to check ok? Btw did u get anything from them after registering the warranty online? Me never leh...

Jaggy, don think people steal my petrol lah, the areas I parked in so far are pretty open one, anyway no sign of tampering also.

Other riders - care to share your FC? esp the period when u first got your bikes. Thanks

Hi Bro,

Based on my experience on other bikes, slower speed consumes more fuel as compare to higher speed. Four stroke engines' fuel usage is much more efficient as compared to two stroke engines. There is seldom the case where fuel will escape from the engine chamber unburn. This is why modern pple prefer to use four stroke engines for its cleanliness and efficiency. The poor FC can be due to the new engine being used. We shall monitor awhile and see whether does it improve. If not, both of us can always make our way down to Boonsiew to get it check. Anyway, it is just our first tank of fuel. Dont worry too much about it ok?

After registering online, they sent me a warranty card with my bike details written on it. Maybe you would like to check your letter box to see if they have sent you yours.

Will be collecting my bike next week. Just a few Questions:

What is the running in distance and at what speed? 500km?

What is the interval to change engine oil? Every 2000km ?

What oil do you use while run in? Mineral?

By the way 320KM for 13 litres of petrol is high for a class 2B bike leh.

Running in distance is 3000km.

Interval of oil change as stated in the honda warranty service record,

During run in period;

- 800km or 1 month (whichever comes first)

- 2000km or 2 months

- 3000km or 4 months

Afterwhich,

- Every 2500km or 2 months

Engine oil to be used for run in should be mineral oil.

For the FC which I have quoted earlier is just a rough gauge based on my first tank of fuel and should not be deemed as the bike's actual fuel consumption.

Hope the above helps to clarify your doubts.

i change my EO when i get my bike as below -:

mileage / speed

50km / 50km/hr

150km / 50km/hr

300km / 60km/hr

500km / 60km/hr

750km / 70km/hr

1000km / 70km/hr

1500km / 80km/hr

so far FC is about 43kmL... hope after run in will get 50kmL

All using mineral oil, the next change at 2000km will be using semi

:cool:

hi all, wen to jb today to pump moblie F1,smoother riding.i gt 45km/ltr. haven able to rch 50km/ltr.for my 2nd oil change at boonsiew, i bring my own castrol semi syn 4t for my bike and noting was charged. free man. but after 3rd time labour is $26+++. i jus wan the boonsiew chop on my warranty card tats all. will continue to go boonsiew using my own oil till warranty period is over.

wen i was there, i met 1 rider bike whose enging is eating oil. 1 dat 1 bot of oil. scary man. he had his bike for 8-9 mths. monitor ur engine oil if ur bike is tat old.

i change my EO when i get my bike as below -:

mileage / speed

50km / 50km/hr

150km / 50km/hr

300km / 60km/hr

500km / 60km/hr

750km / 70km/hr

1000km / 70km/hr

1500km / 80km/hr

so far FC is about 43kmL... hope after run in will get 50kmL

All using mineral oil, the next change at 2000km will be using semi

Wow... you really take care of your new engine. Lots of effort put in man. For me, I will just follow the standard mileage as stated in the service record. Hee...