SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can cbf fit givi side box?? And wats the largest givi top box it can fit?? any recommendation size?? I plan to fix top n side box or shld i fix top box n saddle bags?? :)

I have seen CBF 150 with the side box. Those that you can open from the top.

Ain't sure whats the biggest you can put..

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150

Yo,

don't think there's any ready-made crashbar available in the market for our bikes yet, if really keen can go Seng Kwang @ AMK and ask them to custom-make. Can expect it to be pricey ($70 upwards?) but workmanship is confirm top-notch.

Just asking around to see if anyone has fitted. Hee...

ok... hit my 10k...

change my plug to a irdium one...DIY.

seems like it runs fine.

could not get a denso one...so i use a NGK.

changing the plug is so ez...

either u use a 16mm spanner or use the wrench provided with a 14mm spanner...

next step...coz its been 6 mths after i have bought d bike...

need to jet carburater. think it'll cost ard 20 - 30

ok, will update on FC soon. hope d plug brings in better FC

think my starter relay abit crazy.. want to go Boon Siew together on sat? can sms me at the number in my signature

I'll be going at about 8.30-9 am. Going early to beat the crowd cos the last time I was there I waited 2 hrs just to do an oil change! Sms me if you'll be there around that time. (pmed u my number)

Yeoman - if interested to go also, contact me too.

I guess that I wont be joining you guys at Boon Siew. Just finished changing engine oil myself. No choice my hand too itchy... need to DIY... Hee... how about some coffee tonight?

ok... went ard town asking...

bridgestone, dunlop, michilin

do not have our tyre size. (stuck with stupid duro)

KNN filters do not have products for us. (stuck with paper)

irdium spark plug might give the bike ecu erratic behaviour....

anyone have ideas....

doing 196km for half a tank is ok...(going by fuel meter)

will works out to least 40km/l....

for your info, our bike dun haf ecu.

types of petrol is nt an issue for our bikes,cos i put in rojak petrol,all different colour. (workshop mechanic mah. hahaha FREE petrol). so now cant monitor my fc properly. performance now on my bike regardless of petrol brands or RON is smoother than before 3000km. doro tyres really suck big time. life is in danger for all of us. now if i see behind got motorist, i'll "pylon slalom" on the road to "heat up " my wheels. slow speed.gear 3 can liao. pls guys,DO NOT CHANGE OIL BY YOURSELF. USED OIL IS VERY POISONOUS. WHAT GOES DOWN THE DRAIN WILL EVENTUALLY GO TO OUR STOMACH. SAVE YOURSELF AND OUR MOTHER NATURE. YOU CANT EARN BY NATURE BUT YOU CAN EARN BACK MONEY. GET THIS LESSON GUYS! ! !

types of petrol is nt an issue for our bikes,cos i put in rojak petrol,all different colour. (workshop mechanic mah. hahaha FREE petrol). so now cant monitor my fc properly. performance now on my bike regardless of petrol brands or RON is smoother than before 3000km. doro tyres really suck big time. life is in danger for all of us. now if i see behind got motorist, i'll "pylon slalom" on the road to "heat up " my wheels. slow speed.gear 3 can liao. pls guys,DO NOT CHANGE OIL BY YOURSELF. USED OIL IS VERY POISONOUS. WHAT GOES DOWN THE DRAIN WILL EVENTUALLY GO TO OUR STOMACH. SAVE YOURSELF AND OUR MOTHER NATURE. YOU CANT EARN BY NATURE BUT YOU CAN EARN BACK MONEY. GET THIS LESSON GUYS! ! !

Hi Merboy,

Thanks for your advice regarding proper handling of used oil. Dont worry, I have taken all necessary precautions to prevent the used oil from contaminating the environment. Proper container was used to store the used oil which was then brought to my neighbourhood bike shop to dispose as per workshop procedure. I am also mechanic trained and understand what is the consequences for not disposing the oil properly. For those who are not sure, like what Merboy mentioned, DO NOT ATTEMPT the oil change by yourself.

Wah so many mechanic-trained personnel here hee, me too, was army mech for B vehicle during NS, so will never knowingly pollute the environment one, really hate those pple who anyhow dump their engine oil.

My trip to Boon Siew today was great, went down at 8.30 am (first customer!) did full service for 800km (change oil, checks on chain, brakes, tyres etc), no charges at all, asked the mech to tune my cab too due to the cold start problem, not sure if it has been resolved since I didn't have the chance to start my bike from cold today yet.

Would really suggest all bros here make use of the free 3 servicing at Boon Siew, waiting time may be long but they did check my bike throughly for problems and its also a condition for honoring the 1yr warranty (i asked the counter guy just now)

Yap the Duro tyres really sucks, I skidded a bit on several occasions, luckily never fall. If anyone here has changed to another set of better tires, do share the info ya..

Anyone know where to get spark plugs (the normal ones according to bike manual and also any other recommended plugs?) for our bikes?

Yeoman - hows your FC? :p

The ppl @ boon siew told me abt the ecu thing. (counter staff)

ok, spark plug better change. will not regret

i've experience better pick up (slight) @ same FC rate.

NGK is recommended by B.S.

Denso works just as well if not better. (have to try to know for sure)

since we r using only 1 plug, its advisable 2 keep a spare.

was wondering if we could fit a sp tyre onto our bike.

ppl, have any bike shop to recommend for my carburater washing/jetting ?

cold start remedy... b4 hitting the ignition, twist d throttle jus a bit.

hold it after pressing the ignition for a few secs.

presume the cold start prob is common for our bike.

Hi what are the Denso and NGK spark plug models recommended by Boon Siew and where did u buy them from?

Wah so many mechanic-trained personnel here hee, me too, was army mech for B vehicle during NS, so will never knowingly pollute the environment one, really hate those pple who anyhow dump their engine oil.

My trip to Boon Siew today was great, went down at 8.30 am (first customer!) did full service for 800km (change oil, checks on chain, brakes, tyres etc), no charges at all, asked the mech to tune my cab too due to the cold start problem, not sure if it has been resolved since I didn't have the chance to start my bike from cold today yet.

Would really suggest all bros here make use of the free 3 servicing at Boon Siew, waiting time may be long but they did check my bike throughly for problems and its also a condition for honoring the 1yr warranty (i asked the counter guy just now)

Yap the Duro tyres really sucks, I skidded a bit on several occasions, luckily never fall. If anyone here has changed to another set of better tires, do share the info ya..

Anyone know where to get spark plugs (the normal ones according to bike manual and also any other recommended plugs?) for our bikes?

Yeoman - hows your FC? :p

Hi Bro,

Haha... I was once trained as a fast craft mechanic in the navy.

Erm... you asked me a good question which I dont know how to answer. I am still at the first quarter of my second tank only. I also dont pump full tank. Just can see the petrol, I stop liao. So pretty hard to gauge. My mileage till date is 415km. I hardly ride long dist and sometimes I take public transport to work.

Must be careful with the stock duro tires. I dont really trust them. Hopefully someone has managed to find better tires that fit our bikes. Meanwhile, ride slowly and carefully. Slow riders live longer.

Hi Stevoo,

Cold start problem still exists for your bike?

For me, I start my bike with the method as described by you. Sometimes esp after a few days of not using the bike, my method is to pull choke, crank a few times without opening throttle, release choke and start the bike as per normal. It works that way as well. Now I can understand why you keep saying that you wanna jet the carb. Think it is kind of weak.

For tire wise, I think you have to change the rim to use other bike's tire. But not sure if it can fit onto our bike or not. An alternative which my colleague suggested is to go JB bikeshop to find the suitable tire size. But I yet to find the time to go in to take a look. Will update if I have done so.