SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Honda CBF150 (战鹰/FightHawk)

Simmz

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm something could be wrong with my caburator settings, so far bad fuel consumption, sluggish performance and extremely difficult to start. Will have to find time to go down boon siew liao...

what's the mileage you getting rite now? Think its best that you bring your bike down to Boon Siew.

Geez....collecting mine in a few days time.:giddy:

------------------------------------------

1996-1999 Hurricane 400cc

2000-2007 CB400 Vtec 1

2007- CB400 Vtec 1 / CBF 150

hi guys!!!

dun mind me posting a few qns in here?

i'm looking for a transport bike, i was looking at pulsar and cbr 150. pulsar being new, i'm a little scared. cbr 150 insurnace is classified under sports bike, somemore it's very light.

if anyone can ans me, pls do.. hehe

1)cbf150 is sports bike or road bike insurance?

2) how's the FC like? do tell me the riding style..

3) i pillion quite often, so can it support heavy weight? my pillion n i add up to about 150kg.

4) how big is the tank?

5) i usually travel up to KL, can it take long distances?

6) any other comments? hehe

Thanks alot guys! looking forward to your reply :)

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

"Riding a slow bike fast is always more fun than riding a fast bike slow."

hi guys!!!

i'm looking for a transport bike, i was looking at pulsar and cbr 150. pulsar being new, i'm a little scared. cbr 150 insurnace is classified under sports bike, somemore it's very light.

No diff dude, they oni take it into account your age and riding exp.

Like super 4, oni slower

3) i pillion quite often, so can it support heavy weight? my pillion n i add up to about 150kg.

yes, up to 170 kg including box and stuff

4) how big is the tank?

13L man, its stated about 1.5L per 100km but so far its about 45km/L

gd for long distance as riding style is comfy, and save fuel. but speed wise is only about 120km/hr top

its ugly, but its reliable.

look out for the reply in green~

:cool:

what's the mileage you getting rite now? Think its best that you bring your bike down to Boon Siew.

Geez....collecting mine in a few days time.:giddy:

I'm only getting about 36km/l for my first tank, bike's quite new (mileage only 500km) so still unable to gauge for sure.

Don't worry unduly lah, the rest of the riders here seem fine with their bikes. Hopefully for me its just a cab setting issue, just so busy that I can't make it down to Boon Siew, hope to do it next week though ...

hi guys!!!

4) how big is the tank?

Since Delusion already answered your questions, I will touch only on the part pertaining to Pulsar.

I was looking at the Pulsar very closely before I bought my CBF. In a nutshell, its costs about $500 more, looks 'meaner' and the engine certainly sounds better. I have no doubt that it will be more powerful than the CBF too. The Pulsar is not actually new, it has been in production since 2002 I think and is constantly being revamped. The latest version in Singapore is the UG3 with digital speedometer which I didn't get because Universal motors told me the 200cc version will come in after CNY 2008. So if you want a Pulsar, be sure to wait and get the 200cc one, if not the current UG3 version could drop price like hell when the 200cc is launched 4 mths later.. For me I can't wait so I settled for a CBF which is not a bad choice either :thumb:

As for rides to KL, any decent 4-strokers should be able to do it with ease lah, even my 9yo 2-stroke RXZ made it there and back several times in one piece heh

Delusion >> I thought insurance price makes a difference when ur bike is classed under sports bike? Regarding the FC and riding style, what do you mean like super 4? lastly.. "its ugly, but its reliable." :lol::lol::lol:

theforce >> y didn't you get the 180 instead? i mean, if it was really better, i would get a pulsar instead of CBF although the 200cc version is coming out soon.. hehe.. hows your CBF now? u like it?

thanks alot for the replies guys.. keep them coming.. :cheeky:

Delusion >> I thought insurance price makes a difference when ur bike is classed under sports bike? Regarding the FC and riding style, what do you mean like super 4? lastly.. "its ugly, but its reliable." :lol::lol::lol:

theforce >> y didn't you get the 180 instead? i mean, if it was really better, i would get a pulsar instead of CBF although the 200cc version is coming out soon.. hehe.. hows your CBF now? u like it?

thanks alot for the replies guys.. keep them coming.. :cheeky:

Insurance is higher for 'full fairing' bikes which does not include naked bikes like CBF even though it has a bit of side fairing. So your insurance should be the same as other naked bikes such as Pulsar, RXZ etc. As for look wise, its really subjective lah, I personally find the design of CBF to be quite nice, only complain is that too many uncles riding hehe... Sometimes the build of the rider plays a part too, a tall lanky fellow will look weird riding a cub for example

I didn't get the Pulsar 180 because its a financial decision. Like I said, its going to be replaced in 4mths by the 200cc version. True they may still sell both versions but it is foreseeable that the 180cc version will suffer a loss in resale value once the new one rolls out. I mean if you have class 2b, which one would u rather buy if you had a choice? the older 180cc or the newer 200cc with full digital meter, oil cooler, 2-piece seat, tubeless tyres, oil cooler etc for a few hundred $ more. I tend to disagree that Indian engine are crap lah, after all Bajaj is big in India and popular in many other countries, just that they don bother to do good marketing in Singapore cos the market is too small. But I wouldn't enter into a debate with regard to that, just personal views.

Having said all that, I still like my CBF now, no regrets. Its quiet and just the right size for a lanky fellow like me. Machine cost and maintenance costs' (Disclaimer: I only had it for 2 weeks) pretty cheap too.

Btw I highlighted several good points (in my opinion) about Pulsar but that doesn't mean I find it superior over CBF (in the end I still got a CBF :p). Buying a bike is a big decision that encompasses several considerations, to each his own i guess. Lets keep this thread a CBF150 one. Thanks

Insurance is higher for 'full fairing' bikes which does not include naked bikes like CBF even though it has a bit of side fairing. So your insurance should be the same as other naked bikes such as Pulsar, RXZ etc. As for look wise, its really subjective lah, I personally find the design of CBF to be quite nice, only complain is that too many uncles riding hehe... Sometimes the build of the rider plays a part too, a tall lanky fellow will look weird riding a cub for example

I didn't get the Pulsar 180 because its a financial decision. Like I said, its going to be replaced in 4mths by the 200cc version. True they may still sell both versions but it is foreseeable that the 180cc version will suffer a loss in resale value once the new one rolls out. I mean if you have class 2b, which one would u rather buy if you had a choice? the older 180cc or the newer 200cc with full digital meter, oil cooler, 2-piece seat, tubeless tyres, oil cooler etc for a few hundred $ more. I tend to disagree that Indian engine are crap lah, after all Bajaj is big in India and popular in many other countries, just that they don bother to do good marketing in Singapore cos the market is too small. But I wouldn't enter into a debate with regard to that, just personal views.

Having said all that, I still like my CBF now, no regrets. Its quiet and just the right size for a lanky fellow like me. Machine cost and maintenance costs' (Disclaimer: I only had it for 2 weeks) pretty cheap too.

Btw I highlighted several good points (in my opinion) about Pulsar but that doesn't mean I find it superior over CBF (in the end I still got a CBF :p). Buying a bike is a big decision that encompasses several considerations, to each his own i guess. Lets keep this thread a CBF150 one. Thanks

Hey dude, so free no need to work ar? How is the meeting up tonight? Onz? Wanna inform the rest of the CBF riders to see who is keen to come along?

After reading this post, I must say that it is well written and salute to you for that. I strongly agree that it is a rather subjective to decide which bike is better. In true fact, there will never be a bike that is perfect due to depreciation and obsolescense.

The ultimate purpose of us writing in this forum is due to a conincide of our interest and thus getting together to make friends and share the joy of riding a CBF 150. We respect other bikes owners alike.

lol.. when cbr150 came out, it quickly became popular in class 2b category.. do u think cbf150 will do the same too? i'm rather tall too.. if cbf looks good with u on it, i guess it will with me on it too. guess i'm rather set on gettin the cbf alreaedy! haha. thanks alot guys!

hi all, mine is close to 3000km liao, going to boonsiew tml for oil change n servicing. jus dun like it wen i cant see my bike being serviced. haf to wait at the lounge.with plain water hot/cold oni.no milo or coffee.n very bored. be sure to arrive there early wen u wanna go for aniting. my gear indicator on 5 is off. i tink its blown. oso my steering is very squeaky wen on main stand turning.

Hey dude, so free no need to work ar? How is the meeting up tonight? Onz? Wanna inform the rest of the CBF riders to see who is keen to come along?

After reading this post, I must say that it is well written and salute to you for that. I strongly agree that it is a rather subjective to decide which bike is better. In true fact, there will never be a bike that is perfect due to depreciation and obsolescense.

The ultimate purpose of us writing in this forum is due to a conincide of our interest and thus getting together to make friends and share the joy of riding a CBF 150. We respect other bikes owners alike.

Thanks for the input, sorry saw your msg late... Need to work lah of course, but can always 'eat snake' for 5 min to put up a post wat, as long as my boss don't see :p...(in fact, maybe he think I'm working hard cos I'm typing so fast haha) I'm always game for a kopi session, just that some days I have evening classes which means that I can't meet up that early. Do let me know what's your working hrs like so that we can arrange a meet-up. Of course will invite the rest of the CBF riders here too. U due for your first oil change with Boon Siew? Me probably going down next week, get my cab checked on the way too. But they haven't send me the warranty leh, register twice liao ..

lol.. when cbr150 came out, it quickly became popular in class 2b category.. do u think cbf150 will do the same too? i'm rather tall too.. if cbf looks good with u on it, i guess it will with me on it too. guess i'm rather set on gettin the cbf alreaedy! haha. thanks alot guys!

You're welcome... regardless of what bike u getting better get quickly cos the period from mid Dec till CNY is the worst time to get a new bike (people getting bonus = money to spend + eager to get new vehicle for CNY = pushing COE prices up )

I chose the CBF 150 as it's kinda big for a class 2B bike.

I am rather tall too... 1.90m... hehehe.

Wah lau eh... I think CBF150 riders are all tall chaps... hehe ... me 1.8m

Thanks for the input, sorry saw your msg late... Need to work lah of course, but can always 'eat snake' for 5 min to put up a post wat, as long as my boss don't see :p...(in fact, maybe he think I'm working hard cos I'm typing so fast haha) I'm always game for a kopi session, just that some days I have evening classes which means that I can't meet up that early. Do let me know what's your working hrs like so that we can arrange a meet-up. Of course will invite the rest of the CBF riders here too. U due for your first oil change with Boon Siew? Me probably going down next week, get my cab checked on the way too. But they haven't send me the warranty leh, register twice liao ..

Oic, hee hee. I used to do that in my previous job too. Hmm... my current working timing is quite irregular as I am on an awkward 6 six rotating shift. Timing is all upside down. Physically tiring as well, which is why I cancelled the meeting with u. So sorry for that. Maybe you can let me know when and I will see if I can make it.

My bike is still not due for oil change yet. Most probably I will be performing the oil change myself as it is rather simple.

theforce >> aite.. thanks for reminding me abt the COE. haha

jaggy >> i've not seen a cbf in real life before.. when u say it's big.. how big is it? pulsar is rather big.. is cbf or pulsar bigger?

Phew... today was a tiring day for me. All thanks to the bikeshop for giving me a stupid IU bracket that rust easily. I had to go to LAB to get a stainless one to replace and at the same time get a bottle of Castrol Activ to standby for my first oil change.

merboy >> Could the steering squeaky sound comes from the rubber hoses connecting to the handlebar? I noticed mine also have squeaky sound where I turned my handlebar left and right when parked on mainstand. Upon inspecting, I found out that the sound is coming from the rubber hoses which was constrainted together by metal loops that caused it to rub during handle bar turning and produce the squeaky sound. You may wanna check on it.