SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Reviews on 1.1M Picanto?

prego08220

Is it worth the buy?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth the buy?

• Good car
    • Average
    • Dun waste time on this car

my colleague is driving gets but he is getting FC of around 10-11KM/L.. is it true that it is that bad? in my view, Good FC = Good car

Think your colleague is prob driving the 1.4L or 1.6L Getz.. Hyundai's auto tranny not very efficient so a lot of power loss resulting in poor FC..

Personally I don't think good FC alwasy = good car.. Have to consider other aspect as well esp safety.. But he the current oil price, if u need to drive den of cos it's better to drive one with better FC..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If u wanna get a small car why not consider a Getz 1.1l? Same engine as Picanto, but bigger and better quality plastic.. Better sound proofing compared to the Picanto also.. But cost a few k more tho.. I let u try my Getz la..

Wah, thanks for the generous offer bro! Hmmm reason why I was thinking of Picanto is I've been borrowing my fren's Auto for a few weekends, feels like not a bad drive...

And budget is kinda my main concern.... since I'm getting a OPC, and it'll probably be under-utilised (relatively speaking), so not sure if the couple of thousands more (around 4K) is worth it.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

If u seldom used it and U r not those racer wannabe, Picanto is not a bad choice.. Fuel consumption also quite good..

LovE My riDe..:angel:

Honda Nsr SP 150cc : Jan'06 - Jan'07 ( Fs 5*4 S)

Honda Cbr 400rRr : Jan'07 - Sept'07 ( Fn 9**3 A ) :cry:

Yamaha Spark 135 : Sept'07 - Jan'07 (FBA 42** B )

If u seldom used it and U r not those racer wannabe, Picanto is not a bad choice.. Fuel consumption also quite good..

But there r ppl who drives or rides a normal fuel saving vehicle during weekdays and drives a OPC WRX or EVO.

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

sometime getting a cheap car does not necessary means being a cheapskate

i rather get a 2nd hand transport car for shelter from sg tropical sun/rain and spend the remaining of my money on getting some property or investment or such rather then 1.5k in JUST a car

safety wise, i believe we can cope with picanto being so dangerous cause we are, for god's sake, rider! its considered an upgrade from even a class 2 to a lousy car

FC i believe its up to individual driving style, or rather previous owner's driving style. its rather true that if you were to carry passenger then its quite hard to squeeze them like 'ribina' berry but if more then often your alone or only with ur gf/bf, should be so bad, worse case just ask ur bf/gf to lean forward when goin upslope

your transport should not exceed 25% of your earned income... so wat if you own a bigger car, you might be stretching to the limit.

less those who actually dump more money in accessories into the ride

:cool:

Hi Delusion,

I shall your thoughts. If all goes well, I will book a humble but cute-looking picanto this week.

For those eyeing 4-wheelers, interest rates are increasing or have increased to 2.68%.

Wow! so much higher than 2.3% a couple of months back. :giddy:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

now bank loan is 2.8 % :cheeky:

Tell me about it, man. My HDB housing loan with O**C went up by $250 in 2.5 years! Blood s***ing banks! :bouncefire:

How time flies...

• 3 weeks later...

if really under budget, try a 2nd hand picanto with low mileage. 2005 - 2006 would be good. look for an OPC (cause mostly low mileage) then convert to normal plate if you need it.. else stick to it as it is.

loan wise, dont stretch the whole COE term. try to make it a point that should you wanna sell your car 1 1/2 - 2 years time, you can breakeven to selling price or near.. you dont want to stuck with a 2nd hand for the next 5 yrs.

Wah, thanks for the generous offer bro! Hmmm reason why I was thinking of Picanto is I've been borrowing my fren's Auto for a few weekends, feels like not a bad drive...

And budget is kinda my main concern.... since I'm getting a OPC, and it'll probably be under-utilised (relatively speaking), so not sure if the couple of thousands more (around 4K) is worth it.

if u dont mind, you can consider getting a manual one instead of auto. FC will be better

• 2 weeks later...

The bottomline is buy only if you have a need. But given your pay, it shouldn't be a problem.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

The bottomline is buy only if you have a need. But given your pay, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ah, not really ah bro.... Need to save $$$$, getting married next year.... So decided not to buy... hehe!

Delusion: Lazy to drive manual lah... :sweat:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Ah, not really ah bro.... Need to save $$$$, getting married next year.... So decided not to buy... hehe!

Delusion: Lazy to drive manual lah... :sweat:

I think you should go and see the new VW Tiguan. Excellent SUV with proper off-roader functions. 6 speeds automatics and everything else in the package of 100K. Go for a test drive. But they have a minimum loan of 50K at 2.38%

Take your time. Buy only if you have a need. But seriously with what you are earning now, don't go for the picanto.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Wha lau.. his pay how much you also know ah..

William, congrats!!

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

Yah MS, how you know... think you see me too up already ah... :sweat: :help:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My new review, just got it a month.

Just my thought, Some people say that Picanto is a jialat car, i dont think so. People said that the car got no power (DEPEND ON A DRIVER). I think it will help u save a lot $$ if u compare to other car which have higher cc. but starting when i drive the car, i can really say the car really hv no power, but when u got the tip from the car, u tend to start to speed a bit more. this is how i felt for this car. hope this may help

Once A Rider, Always A Bikers

• 1 month later...
Disadvantage: slow

Advantage: Save alot of money

My new review, just got it a month.

Just my thought, Some people say that Picanto is a jialat car, i dont think so. People said that the car got no power (DEPEND ON A DRIVER). I think it will help u save a lot $$ if u compare to other car which have higher cc. but starting when i drive the car, i can really say the car really hv no power, but when u got the tip from the car, u tend to start to speed a bit more. this is how i felt for this car. hope this may help

I think I will agree with MOA instead. Cost wise, it is indeed a lot cheaper. But it is not even remotely close to be considered 'fast'.

Do Not Tailgate Me!

I think I will agree with MOA instead. Cost wise, it is indeed a lot cheaper. But it is not even remotely close to be considered 'fast'.

Of coz, agree agree. Fast - buy GTi, right? :sweat:

Where got car at that price range of $30-40k can be a 5 sec car?

How time flies...

EG6 - 5k

B18 + labour - 7k

Mid size turbo + ecu + tuning - 4k

Reserved funds for summon - 3k

Experience - Priceless

hardcore poison:nono: :cheeky:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/DSC00090-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/WESTSPEC.jpg

The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You

......................The Visual Cycle..........................