SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Reviews on 1.1M Picanto?

prego08220

Is it worth the buy?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth the buy?

• Good car
    • Average
    • Dun waste time on this car

my friend driving an auto picanto is getting 12-13km/l. heard that manual ones are much much better.

Okie. Obviously she drives pedal to the metal. :D

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry if i hurt all the picanto's owners feelings ... I've never looked down on people who earns a humble living and buys a car of his liking . I'm just saying that it's not such a good car. I didn't start comparing until somebody said, "what do you expect of a cheap car?". You see, being cheap doesn't mean its rubbish, but being cheap also doesn't mean that it can't be rubbish .... Why so defensive ? The thread asked for a picanto review, i wrote a review.... like the dashboard, engine ... blahx3 ... sheeshh ...

picanto is, for as long as i live, the worst car EVER to stalk the face of the earth ...

The dashboard design looks like it had been designed by someone who has no imagination or creativity whatsoever . The plastics sucks , the fittings are flimsy . The engine sounds like its running on nuts and bolts when it reaches 110km/h, which may attribute to low quality engine-building or bad sound-proofing of the main cabin. I know people would say , "what do you expect from a small cc engine?". But i must point out that the fiat panda would put the picanto to shame if it was to go head to head in terms of reliability or workmanship. and i just scratched the tip of the iceb.... nope mountain ...

Read again what you wrote. The worst car? U think u r some editor from Top Gear?

That's not a review. A review consists of plus and minus points of the car. Korean reliability will not lose to the Italians. U think the Italians are gd - look at the Alfas. Y not match Picanto with the QQ? Is QQ, in your opinion, a better or worst car than Picanto?

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

drove b4 pcanto .. manual one. i find the pick up is okie. . but when u r at 60-80 onwards.. full pedal down also feel nth... but said alr.. in SG for such budget i think its okie to own one :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs605.snc4/58582_425759858089_606683089_4979174_1311643_n.jpg

Read again what you wrote. The worst car? U think u r some editor from Top Gear?

That's not a review. A review consists of plus and minus points of the car. Korean reliability will not lose to the Italians. U think the Italians are gd - look at the Alfas. Y not match Picanto with the QQ? Is QQ, in your opinion, a better or worst car than Picanto?

Haha ! Top Gear ?? Are you kidding me ?

Yup, A review may include plus and minus points ... But sadly i don't think there is ... Oh ok, ermm ... The car is a good paperweight ... happy ? Why should i write a good plus point if I think that there isn't one ? I don't need to cater to you alone, if you want a review that you would like to see (pleasing to your eyes), write your own and view it as much as you want.... It's MY review . Stressing the word, "MY" ! You tell the alfa drivers or for that matter, ferarri drivers that korean reliability WILL NOT LOSE TO THE ITALIANS ! Then you're in for a rude shock. I'm not standing up for any nation's auto industry, in fact, if any country like Zimbabwe comes up with a good car, i'd say its good. Period.

Now you want a review on the QQ ? I thought this forum was titled, "Reviews on 1.1M Picanto?". You see, that's whats wrong with you... you're go around looking for a fight and you can't accept people's views. Then after i give you MY view on the QQ, you go around and say, "Oooh, you look down on QQ owners" ... Bollocks!

Haha ! Top Gear ?? Are you kidding me ?

Yup, A review may include plus and minus points ... But sadly i don't think there is ... Oh ok, ermm ... The car is a good paperweight ... happy ? Why should i write a good plus point if I think that there isn't one ? I don't need to cater to you alone, if you want a review that you would like to see (pleasing to your eyes), write your own and view it as much as you want.... It's MY review . Stressing the word, "MY" ! You tell the alfa drivers or for that matter, ferarri drivers that korean reliability WILL NOT LOSE TO THE ITALIANS ! Then you're in for a rude shock. I'm not standing up for any nation's auto industry, in fact, if any country like Zimbabwe comes up with a good car, i'd say its good. Period.

Now you want a review on the QQ ? I thought this forum was titled, "Reviews on 1.1M Picanto?". You see, that's whats wrong with you... you're go around looking for a fight and you can't accept people's views. Then after i give you MY view on the QQ, you go around and say, "Oooh, you look down on QQ owners" ... Bollocks!

Wow! Mr Individualist! Good review by you. U must be Singapore's Jeremy Clarkson then... Let me guess, u must have driven a Supercar to give such "reviews" on the Picanto. I did not say I need a review on QQ, I asked u if u think QQ is a better or worst car compared to Picanto - yes or no. Answer is very straightforward since. In case u can't see it, read between the lines.

How time flies...

Any way, no point debating. U got your points, I got mine. I rrrreally hope u don't look down on the cheap cars.

How time flies...

What's the fuel consumption? My colleague only get 350km per full tank. Think she must be driving the car very hard. Is yours an auto too?

my friend driving an auto picanto is getting 12-13km/l. heard that manual ones are much much better.

mine's a manual, i'm getting an average of 500km/tank.

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

it's better to work within your budget, no point showing off how big ur car, den deep inside suffering like hell..

check out the current ERP rates, petrol prices, etc.... these are the killers!!

afterall, some people might be getting a car just to get themselves transported from point A to point B.

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

drove b4 pcanto .. manual one. i find the pick up is okie. . but when u r at 60-80 onwards.. full pedal down also feel nth... but said alr.. in SG for such budget i think its okie to own one :)

agreed with wat u've said.. the gears are okie, except for gear 5, will feel like nothing.. :cheeky:

My Rides:

[Jan03 - NSR150SP]

[Mar04 - RVF400RT]

[Apr05 - PIAGGIO X8]

[sep05 - YZF-R6]

[May07 - SilverWing]

[Apr10 - VFR800 ABS]

[Dec10 - Tmax]

Not bad if u are starting out on a budget and to ferry 4 person around for at least 4 yrs..

The FC should be great as I heard from my friend it should be in the region like 16 and if u are concious enough should get 16km/ltr..

After tat u can consider upgrading ur ride to a higher cc car if u like, eg a mpv or a normal sedan..

Afterall it is choices we make and it caters to different category of pple..

Another great choice is the Kelissa which I never drove it b4 but I have a few friends who are driving and the maintenace is cheap as compared to the others...

U should consider this as well..

If ur budget permits go for the 1.3 or 1.5 new Honda fit which is 122bhp(1.5 version) which makes it a breeze to drive around.. This is a car with great FC also..

There are so many 4 wheeler rides here but it caters differently to different categories of pple from all walks of life ..

Choose wisely and it wont fails u... :cheers:

Ride Carefully as the riders are always at a risk..

Suzuki TS 125 to Suzuki DR350 to Suzuki Swift 1992 To Toyota Wish 2006 and now to Toyota Wish & Yamaha X1!!

I LOVE MY X1 very much!!:D

:bouncefire:

mine's a manual, i'm getting an average of 500km/tank.

Hmmmm... Not a bad car to consider then. :cheeky:

Tot of getting it as a OPC. But the previous model sells very expensive in the open market.

How time flies...

thanks bros for the advice. 1.1 manual is going at 35,699 for this wkend.

Wow! That's like $18699 for OPC! Monthly installment = approx $195 per month based on 10 year loan @ 2.5%pa. :bounce:

How time flies...

I am pondering the tot of getting the new Fit. Super spacious for a small car. Superb fuel economy too.

How time flies...

I am pondering the tot of getting the new Fit. Super spacious for a small car. Superb fuel economy too.

honda fit stated 24km/l on paper. but in actual fact only about 16km/l +-.. to be frank i used to sell parallel import cars. most of the japanese / sports car i drove b4. now im actually working for cycle & carriage selling KIA. i can say. performance wise some are even better then jap cars. im not siding cos im working in KIA just my opinion.

Picanto's actual FC are 26km/l with 1 passenger and aircon on tested with FC guage meter @ 60km/h. as for highway driving, local road is about 18km/l @ 80km/h and for city drive about 16km/l @ 80km/h tested on auto picanto. for manual will get 2km/l +- more then auto.

Here is a review by SGCARMART's professionals.

Price now Picanto manual $36999 Auto $39999

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=6

If you guys want more info regarding the car. can pm me. not only for kia cars but other's aswell.

regards

Jeremy

1985-1986 Baby Walker

1987-1998 Tricycle

1999-2004 Bicycle

2004-2006 HONDA NSR SP (FU548E)

2006-2007 Suzuki Impulse400 (FP8548D)

2007-2007 Honda Phantom TA200 (FU4636H)

2007-2007 Suzuki GsxR400 (FBB7644L)

2007-2007 Honda CB400 Ver S (FP4470U)

2007-xxxx Suzuki GSX750FY Katana (FSxxxx.)

2008-xxxx Ducati ST2 (FBBxxxxx)

honda fit stated 24km/l on paper. but in actual fact only about 16km/l +-.. to be frank i used to sell parallel import cars. most of the japanese / sports car i drove b4. now im actually working for cycle & carriage selling KIA. i can say. performance wise some are even better then jap cars. im not siding cos im working in KIA just my opinion.

Picanto's actual FC are 26km/l with 1 passenger and aircon on tested with FC guage meter @ 60km/h. as for highway driving, local road is about 18km/l @ 80km/h and for city drive about 16km/l @ 80km/h tested on auto picanto. for manual will get 2km/l +- more then auto.

Here is a review by SGCARMART's professionals.

Price now Picanto manual $36999 Auto $39999

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=6

If you guys want more info regarding the car. can pm me. not only for kia cars but other's aswell.

regards

Jeremy

I am sure Picanto has better fuel economy compared to the FIT. FIT has always being a Honda I long for. :D

So then, I will have a Honda bike and car at the same time. :cheer:

How time flies...

yeap. if you wan can give me a call 90263288

Regards Jeremy

1985-1986 Baby Walker

1987-1998 Tricycle

1999-2004 Bicycle

2004-2006 HONDA NSR SP (FU548E)

2006-2007 Suzuki Impulse400 (FP8548D)

2007-2007 Honda Phantom TA200 (FU4636H)

2007-2007 Suzuki GsxR400 (FBB7644L)

2007-2007 Honda CB400 Ver S (FP4470U)

2007-xxxx Suzuki GSX750FY Katana (FSxxxx.)

2008-xxxx Ducati ST2 (FBBxxxxx)

yeap. if you wan can give me a call 90263288

Regards Jeremy

Post the price here for all to consider mah... adver for you too. If not conv, then PM lah.

:cheeky:

How time flies...

Any idea if there's going to be a roadshow/promotion on Kia Picanto soon? :sweat:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Any idea if there's going to be a roadshow/promotion on Kia Picanto soon? :sweat:

If u wanna get a small car why not consider a Getz 1.1l? Same engine as Picanto, but bigger and better quality plastic.. Better sound proofing compared to the Picanto also.. But cost a few k more tho.. I let u try my Getz la..

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

my colleague is driving gets but he is getting FC of around 10-11KM/L.. is it true that it is that bad? in my view, Good FC = Good car

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

If u wanna get a small car why not consider a Getz 1.1l? Same engine as Picanto, but bigger and better quality plastic.. Better sound proofing compared to the Picanto also.. But cost a few k more tho.. I let u try my Getz la..

personally, i prefer the getz 1.1 to picanto because it is roomier for tall driver. too bad the car is overpriced based on its omv.

if the ghost month can do miracle to the picanto price, i will jump in to grab an opc.