SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009 / 2010

Vesphan

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildswans

• -ResiDue-

• Sharpey

• machine k

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

esso gold is fully syn.

if you ask me if the $5.50 2t is good...i'd say as long as it's 2t, it will lubricate ur engine. Once-upon-a-time, everyone uses whatever 2T they find, and the machine just keeps going. It's your take =)

and shell claims of better mileage..it's a marketing ploy. Like caltex petrol supposed to have little humans cleaning your pistons. hahaha

Hah have been reading the syn over mineral 2t with interest. im one of those who doesnt really care wat type of 2t i use mostly i use minerals cos i use 1 litre per week.. So long the mixture is correct and u keep ur block fins clean its fine. And my bike is heavily modded and kitted. i believe KK u can vouch for me on that. tried and tested. so far i've neva come to a piston seizure. Onli time i had a seizure when i was on self lube. premix is safer if u ask me.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12430/Signature%20copy.jpg

NTU Vespa Club

hey machine_k & maz, I'm also interested in the 2T thingy, recently I had a piston siezure. I changed my piston last year due to a lack of 2T causing a hole in my piston(inexperienced then,new to scoots). After the replacement, i used low quality 2T which cost $3.50 but i've never been stingy with the amount of 2T since then. However, my piston got jammed and the reason given was because i used cheapo 2T. I can't understand why. The uncle staying across my place has been using the cheap 2T for >10 years, he has not encountered any piston jam problems and he is still happily using the cheap 2T. Does speed play a part? I'm not sure how fast the uncle travel though(probably 50km/hr??). I've always been travelling between 70km-80km/hr on my speedometer(So i believed i actaully travelled slower). I am not convinced that the piston jam is caused by the cheap 2T that i used. Can someone enlighten me, prior to my piston jam prob, I had my clutch cable replaced just 4hrs earlier....wave after wave of problems....

hmm.. i'll explain my case.

now i'm being pressure by my gf's mom to go fer gatherings at her sides. Be it normal weekly gatherings or special occasions. Recently this case has taken a turn fer the worst becos i didn attend her uncle;s baby first month. my gf told me that they have been talking behind my back like why i;m not attending it.

1st of all from my pov, i'm not even a family member of them , y i care shet bout it. 2nd i went to visit my own grandma tat day so i tink visiting my grandma is far more impt den going to attend someone's gathering which is no way related to me.

now there's another occasion on national day and i am required to attend it. my gf personnaly asked me to attend it but i noe is her mom's doing.

So now, being stuck in the middle, what shld i do?

Hmmmmm....

Tricky thing....

I do try to fulfil my obligations to his family gatherings whenever I can, but when there are conflicts, we will compromise, either we each go to our family's events or we will attend both. Like go there for an hour, say hello then tell them that your side got something also and then you two go to the other event... tiring but its a worthwhile exercise.

:cheeky: :dozed:

Hi Guys and gals,

Here's another reminder:

We're having Prata and Teh Gathering Round 2 on 18th Aug 2007 at 12 noon.

Come along and join us....

omg.. hopefully by then i collected my bike... been waitin for mths liao..

i tried but she juz get fedup over the issue coz she's facing more pressure den me. Her mom likes to use indirect method in approaching this situations.

i also dun like to have ppl directing me to wat to do wat not to do

my gf pointed out that becos her family members n relatives treat me like 1 thats why they always ask y i never attend but the bottomline is i'm not a part of their members yet. it juz turns me off like restricting my movements like tat.

i was brought up in a family which dun really go into family gatherings and now they expect me to tune into their culture cannot ma.. not fair for me seriously. i can over give way that much but if really 1 day they go over the line den what shld i do?

She has to learn to face up to her mom and get her to compromise...

When we were still dating, we had to talk about future plans, he wanted us to stay with his parents for a couple of years after we get married. He reasoning was that his bros all did it and we would be more financially ready to buy a new place after that.

I was adament, I was not ready to stay with his parents just like he would not be ready to stay with mine.

So we compromised. We bought a place 5 doors away from his parents so that we are near by and able to help them when necessary and yet we have our own privacy

my gf pointed out that becos her family members n relatives treat me like 1 thats why they always ask y i never attend but the bottomline is i'm not a part of their members yet. it juz turns me off like restricting my movements like tat.

i was brought up in a family which dun really go into family gatherings and now they expect me to tune into their culture cannot ma.. not fair for me seriously. i can over give way that much but if really 1 day they go over the line den what shld i do?

Its a good thing that they treat you as family.

You might wanna resist less but set your own guidelines and let your gf know too.