SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF Yamaha Nouvo

bikeagain

The previous thread had been moved to SBF Cubs Community Depository Under

KIV - SBF Yamaha Nouvo Portal 2007

Regards,

ZoRoM

SBF Cubs Moderator

http://www.singaporebikes.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

so sad.....this Nouvo portal is dead quiet.....

Edited by ZoRoM

All my bikes over the years......

Yamaha TZR125 / Cagiva Blues 125 / Kawasaki Eliminator 400 /

Yamaha TZR 250 / Suzuki Bandit 400 / Yamaha RXK 135 / Suzuki Burgman 250 /

Yamaha Nouvo 115 / Honda Silverwing 400 / Yamaha Fino 115 /

My current bike Fazer FZ6 S2

http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt237/Nic73PB/me-1.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha,dun be sad,i also encouner this problem when i 1st ride my nouvo..now got used to it already..

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo MX - Sep 2006

Honda CB400 Spec II - Nov 2007

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - Oct 2008

Suzuki GSXR 600 K6 - June 2009

Gilera Fuoco 500 - Dec 2009

Honda CB1000R - July 2011

Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight - Dec 2012 (Current)

• 3 weeks later...

No one TCSS, no happenings leh......

Maybe I ask the oldbirds here, how far can your bike travel before u need to pump petrol? I need to pump before 200km of mileage, ard 4litres...most of the time using manuual calculation, FC around 34-37km/l

Also realise something....if I park my Nouvo w/o riding for few days, the petrol like evaporate a bit.....maybe my fuel tank cover koyak but I check like ok leh.....

I seldom ride coz using most of the time using my car.....so a bit sian to see petrol evaporating away ......:sian:

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday when i was bout to ride my nouvo out for supper,i realised some low life f**ker stole both my rim screw,and my front tyre also dunno why puntured..tried to pump back the air but the air juz leak out,guess the tube burst liao.. If juz take my screw,i still can take it,but make my tyre puntured realli pissed me off..Realli bad luck,curse the fellow who stole my stuff..:angry: :angry: :angry:

My Rides

now i couldn't ride my bike out bcoz chinese new year no bike shop open,have to wait till after chinese new year then can call for ppl to come replace the tube...ARHHHHHH....:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

My Rides

cool it bro.......there are always such idiotic nerds around....got nothing better to do........

hope your nouvo will be "alive and kicking" soon.....

lucky i got another bike,if not i will be like handicap without transport..

My Rides

yesterday when i was bout to ride my nouvo out for supper,i realised some low life f**ker stole both my rim screw,and my front tyre also dunno why puntured..tried to pump back the air but the air juz leak out,guess the tube burst liao.. If juz take my screw,i still can take it,but make my tyre puntured realli pissed me off..Realli bad luck,curse the fellow who stole my stuff..:angry: :angry: :angry:

Maybe those thieves purposely puncture your front tire so your bike won't be able to move..when it's not able to move,thieves will come and return for more parts to steal. It's their plan and tactics if they like something from your bike. Maybe they aim it liao that's why. Don't always park same lot and make a habit to cover up your bike especially if it's modded. o_O

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/images/2007/08/10/animalbraun_bike01_450_450x300.jpghttp://www.drakescycles.co.uk/smsimg/9/wethepeoplelogo9.jpg

i think maybe they juz want me to have no bike to celebrate cny...arhhh...losers!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

My Rides

Hi, I'm a nouvo rider. Bought a second hand nouvo. :)

Got some questions, hope you guys can help. I'm a newbie to riding, P plate still.

How much is the front and back tyre pressure? Back tyre says 250 kPa but front tyre never say!

And yes, I do realise that my petrol "evaporates" quite fast when i don't ride. I don't know why also. Any thing I can do to prevent it from happening?

Was calculating my fuel efficiency, just pumped few hours ago: 38km/l (not too bad. Will continue to monitor.

Oh, do you guys pump 92, 95 or 98 grade for petrol? I've been using 95, don't know if can go to lower grade or is it even advisable.

Thanks!

I'm riding nouvo mx..

For air,i pump 250 front and 280 back,am using 17" spoke rims with sotong tire..

Whether the petrol evaporates,i never realli notice,haha..

Regarding fuel efficiency,mine realli drink petrol,think full tank can onli go 130++km (mod too much)

I have been using 98 grade since i've been riding my nouvo.. but i think 92 shouldn't be a problem..

Maybe other nouvo riders can share their knowledge too?

My Rides

just to share my FC.....it's ard 34 to 36km per litre....the tank so small (5 litres), have to look for petrol kiosk when mileage ard 150km.....

I also notice the fuel evaporates fast when not riding....as I'm mostly driving my car, my nouvo parked stationery really waste petrol sia....must make it a point to drive at least once in 3 days (short distance), if not waste petrol.....

tot of changing the petrol cap as I tot the seal got problem, now another novo kaki also got this problem.....must find out from the mechanic during next servicing at the workshop....

btw mjl, can i check how much u got your 2nd hand nouvo and what plate or year? I got my second hand nouvo at $1.6k (include insurance, rd tax, transfer and new IU), condition 8/10......buy immediately after test riding.....coz really so much cheaper than other cubs or scooters ard after I source for more than 10 bike shops....

i tried finding for the original 16" rims too,very hard to find..in the end i gave up,currently using 17" rims..

My Rides

Hi bikeagain, I got mine at 2.3k, FBA plate. Everything in already except insurance. The condition is very good, will give a 9/10. Test ride and buy also. I like the bike so far, easy to handle (esp for first timers like me).

Latest check for fuel efficiency: 40.5km/l. Not bad.

I think mine is 16 in rims. So is 180kPa for front tyre pressure too little?

Hi mjl,

Thanks for sharing the info...FBA plate at $2.3k is a great buy (some more new model, not like mine, the headlight is one piece type, not nice)......I luv this bike, very good 2nd transport....but a bit waste coz at most ride 2 times a week.....the best is ride to buy food......park right in front of kopitiam effortlessly........buy and go.....very convenient compared to car

for the tyre pressure, I'm not so sure too.....must go see the tyre specs liao.....

I going for servicing soon, anyone got any bike shops at Choa Chu Kang area to recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tomdo,

I got mine from Albert Motors at Bt Merah Lane ALexandra Village opp Queensway Shopping Centre......

Honestly, dun quite like that shop but the price is good, got new IU, new GIVI box, 1 free helmet, respray some parts and comes with rd tax, free ownership transfer and insurance renewal.....

Thanks bikeagain,

I was been that shop this afternoon, they don't have any nouvo at this moment. I also don't like the shop.

Another shop has a FBA plate nouvo with mileage 45000km, I test ride ok, like the engine. However, don't know whether 45000km for a FBA plate is too much or normal.

Thanks bikeagain,

I was been that shop this afternoon, they don't have any nouvo at this moment. I also don't like the shop.

Another shop has a FBA plate nouvo with mileage 45000km, I test ride ok, like the engine. However, don't know whether 45000km for a FBA plate is too much or normal.

Hi Tom, Jon here, 45k km for FBA plate considered normal la... That's why I said my FZ plate at 26K km is considered low mah. but most importantly, its the periodic maintenance of the bike. Things like belt, roller, EO, Auto oil, tyres etc.. must change before any problem start to arise...

How much the bike shop quote u? msg/pm me for reference k?

Anyway, I'm truely amazed by mjl's 40km/l FC.... Mine is the most 34km/l...

But i travel at 100-110km/h most of the time due to alot of highway needs..

Nvr try to test whether keeping my speed below 80 can achieve anywhere close anot....

Oh Ya... Hi All, I'm Jon here, this is my 1st post in Nuovo's portal, been riding it since last yr and a ''phantom'' member of this thread.. haha:cheeky: