SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF WaveRider

ZoRoM

anyone heading to jb this week?

U mean AGL?

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, just got my wave a few days back. Kinda of new to it, any advices/guides for a newbie like me ? Because i don't know where to start/begin learning from~

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2B - 03 Sep 09 - Honda wave 125.

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

It's a bittersweet symphony, this life.

Live to ride another day.

Hi guys, just got my wave a few days back. Kinda of new to it, any advices/guides for a newbie like me ? Because i don't know where to start/begin learning from~

Handling and gear diff. I keep forgeting when i alternate between my bikes and keep kicking wrong gear which is quite dangerous for new riders if you don't know how to control.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

U mean AGL?

can also la.i dont usually frequent.u going ah?

My Rides

Gilera VXR200(2007-2009)

Kawasaki KRR150(2009-2009)

Suzuki K9 DRZ400sm(2009-Present)

Honda Wave125S(2010-Present)

Hey guys !

I just install my wave 125x with the leovince scoot exhaust system. Was wondering what should i use to polish it or maintain it cause i wouldn't want it to be dirty or what.

Can someone plan someday meet up to discuss more esp those old birds. LOL. Got alot qns want to ask.

can also la.i dont usually frequent.u going ah?

I seldom go JB too, cos I'm too lazy to join the jam. But I don't mind going if got company. :)

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Hey guys !

I just install my wave 125x with the leovince scoot exhaust system. Was wondering what should i use to polish it or maintain it cause i wouldn't want it to be dirty or what.

Can someone plan someday meet up to discuss more esp those old birds. LOL. Got alot qns want to ask.

Just wipe it with a damp cloth when u see it's dirty and always wipe it after riding in the rain, it'll keep it shiny for a long time.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Handling and gear diff. I keep forgeting when i alternate between my bikes and keep kicking wrong gear which is quite dangerous for new riders if you don't know how to control.

Thanks =) noted! Anyway, i got a question. I was riding halfway today, slow down from gear 4 to 3 then to a complete stop. The traffic started to move, so i didn't drop to gear 1 and move with it. At that point of time , my engine die off had to drop to neutral to start engine and move off @Gear 1. Any idea why this happen ? Issit because i was at the wrong gear?

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

Thanks =) noted! Anyway, i got a question. I was riding halfway today, slow down from gear 4 to 3 then to a complete stop. The traffic started to move, so i didn't drop to gear 1 and move with it. At that point of time , my engine die off had to drop to neutral to start engine and move off @Gear 1. Any idea why this happen ? Issit because i was at the wrong gear?

You can just go to gear 1, start your engine then move off. I believe most Wave riders encountered this before, u'll get used to it soon. :)

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

You can just go to gear 1, start your engine then move off. I believe most Wave riders encountered this before, u'll get used to it soon. :)

oh okay =) lol i was worrying something wrong or what. haha. thank you =). Anyway, if i were to do servicing for my wave. Roughly how much will it cost me ?

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

oh okay =) lol i was worrying something wrong or what. haha. thank you =). Anyway, if i were to do servicing for my wave. Roughly how much will it cost me ?

if ure talking bout normal servicing,it'll jus be engine oil and spark plug.hence i assume the cost will vary as there are different brands and prices of engine oil.i must say the cheapest u can get ranges from 18-20?jb or diy even better.

My Rides

Gilera VXR200(2007-2009)

Kawasaki KRR150(2009-2009)

Suzuki K9 DRZ400sm(2009-Present)

Honda Wave125S(2010-Present)

and i have many accessories for wave too! contact me for details. inclusive of suspension lifters, braided hoses, engine covers, chain covers, LEDs.

many years ago i rode a wave and i done almost everything i can on it and therefore am quite familiar with which accessories usable for wave. low cost for nicer ride.

cheers

Do you have pictures of them ?

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

if ure talking bout normal servicing,it'll jus be engine oil and spark plug.hence i assume the cost will vary as there are different brands and prices of engine oil.i must say the cheapest u can get ranges from 18-20?jb or diy even better.

Ohh. What other servicing is there? What mid ranges brand do you recommend? Because i still want a smooth nice ride, not sure if i get the cheapest, works the same. Not sure of the difference. Eh, can diy ah o.o ?

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

Ohh. What other servicing is there? What mid ranges brand do you recommend? Because i still want a smooth nice ride, not sure if i get the cheapest, works the same. Not sure of the difference. Eh, can diy ah o.o ?

I'm using Elf 10W50 fully syn engine oil $20 & Denso sparks plug $8. I send my bike for servicing every month and change sparks plug every 3 months. All done in Singapore cos I lazy to go JB alone.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

I'm using Elf 10W50 fully syn engine oil $20 & Denso sparks plug $8. I send my bike for servicing every month and change sparks plug every 3 months. All done in Singapore cos I lazy to go JB alone.

Okay, thanks for the info! :thumb: Where's the sparks plug located @ for wave? Wave has sprocket too right?

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

Okay, thanks for the info! :thumb: Where's the sparks plug located @ for wave? Wave has sprocket too right?

The sparks plug is located at the front part of the engine, facing the rear of the front tyre if I'm not wrong. Yes, Wave has front and rear sprocket.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

-deleted double post-

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

The sparks plug is located at the front part of the engine, facing the rear of the front tyre if I'm not wrong. Yes, Wave has front and rear sprocket.

Indeed and its more to the right side of the bike. Am trying a way to change my own spark plug without removing fairing but lack the tools

Alright! Thanks! Shall go take a look tomorrow morning~ Is there anyway we can check to tell the sparks plug need to be change soon? Because i didn't asked the previous owner when was the last time he changed it. Hmm is there a need to change sprocket ? What does the sprocket actually do ?

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

It's difficult to take out the sparks plug if u don't have the tool. You can ask the mechanic to check for u when u do your next servicing. Front sprocket are attached to your gearbox, rear sprocket are attached to your rear rim, both sprockets are linked by a chain. All bikes are driven either by chain or belt. Sprockets & chain need to be change when it's wear out, and how often u need to change it also depends on your riding style and how u maintain it.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Hey guys ! Want to ask those who had change to leo vince scoot exhaust system. Want to check cause i notice my pipe got a dent near to the bracket that is used to hold the pipe( the black colour piece thing ). Want to ask do you all have the same dent or its cause by the mech who install it ? Damn sad when i notice that dent.

It's difficult to take out the sparks plug if u don't have the tool. You can ask the mechanic to check for u when u do your next servicing. Front sprocket are attached to your gearbox, rear sprocket are attached to your rear rim, both sprockets are linked by a chain. All bikes are driven either by chain or belt. Sprockets & chain need to be change when it's wear out, and how often u need to change it also depends on your riding style and how u maintain it.

Hmm thanks for info! Noted, probably ask them to check. I always been wondering these days, i usually see all the kup kias always heading in front. But mine always like lagging behind :/ Anyway if i always going whacking @ 100km , will if be bad for the engine itself?

Class 3 - 25 Nov 08

Class 2A -19 June 12 -

hi wanna ask, Newbie to wave here, Beside the place you pump petrol there is a tube. What is that tube? and.. i put a thin towel on top of the fuel unit, is it ok? the mechanic said it's unhealthy; could anyone shed some light? :)

â™  Living life fast throttleâ™ 

◕‿◕

sparks plug change every 10,000KM but u can change it early,8,000KM like that,more good.

engine oil (EO) change every 1,500 - 2,000KM,its better for your engine.

that is what i always do.and now my bike already 7,00KM on ODO meter,i just change my sparks plug once since i bought the bike :)

every 10,000KM you also can do carburetor services (for carburetor version)

if FI (feul injection) i don't know lol :D

sparks plug change every 10,000KM but u can change it early,8,000KM like that,more good.

engine oil (EO) change every 1,500 - 2,000KM,its better for your engine.

that is what i always do.and now my bike already 7,00KM on ODO meter,i just change my sparks plug once since i bought the bike :)

every 10,000KM you also can do carburetor services (for carburetor version)

if FI (feul injection) i don't know lol :D

For bikes running on Fuel Injection, there's no need to service your fuel injector. Fuel injector are not expose to air direct from the airbox, so it won't get clog or dirty so easily. But do change your fuel filter every 20k km to maintain the fuel system. Unlike the carburetor, fuel injection system are more fuel efficient, but also more expensive. :)

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre