SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

Most Steed model other than the Springer model, has approximately 13L, almost equivalent to Phantom.

With moderate riding, it should last 200km+/- before reserve.

Of cos, proper maintenance will also contribute to better FC.

As for the water in tank, water will submerge instead of floating, cos petrol(oil) is lighter than water.

How I know? My dad's Steed had bursted 2 fuel tanks when I was small.

Explaination: Bike park in open CP, sometimes covered, however somehow water still seep in thru fuel cap area, water subside in the lower trims of tank, creates corrosion & viola... 1 hole coming up....

However, unless the ride is daily, small amount of water can be still consumed for combustion, dont think it'll cause such a big jerk?(IMO)

Only time that I have the funny improper forward moving action is when riding in the rain(engine not fully hot yet), 1st gear, moving off after stopping in traffic, bike like want to die even if throw full throttle, so I guess its the poor air flow in the mixing ratio..

Just my 0.001¢. :smile:

My mech oso says choppers are all like that - cannot one time throttle, it will seems to have power loss like clutch slipping (the other problem that i complain about). I don't know if this is a problem as this is my 1st chopper.

The big jerk that i experience is like sudden loss of power for that 1 sec b4 it comes back up, punching away...

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Btw, Springer model is which model? Year? Saw a Steed just now with Harley look-a-like front forks - is this the model?

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Btw, Springer model is which model? Year? Saw a Steed just now with Harley look-a-like front forks - is this the model?

Yeah I think you saw the springer. It is VLS model.

I think, from the number plates i saw, VLX came first (rear spook rim), followed by VSE (rear sports rims), then VLS (springer front fork).

I saw Mah Motor got one displayed in the row of bikes at the front yard, a red colour springer.

I am a Honda bike lover:-

Honda CRM 125, Honda Cub C70, Honda Steed 400VSE

Honda Shadow Slasher 400, Honda XR125L, Honda XR400RW

Honda SuperCub C90 single seater (vintage ride - 43km/l)

Honda NC700X (Smooth tourer around Indochina)

Honda CRF250L (Enduro - 30km/L)

So any jerking problem so far?

Haven ride my Steed out since I changed air filter that day.

Weather no good..dark clouds and drizzling on and off these few days...

My mech oso says choppers are all like that - cannot one time throttle, it will seems to have power loss like clutch slipping (the other problem that i complain about). I don't know if this is a problem as this is my 1st chopper.

The big jerk that i experience is like sudden loss of power for that 1 sec b4 it comes back up, punching away...

I heard so too...Choppers cannot go full throttle like racing bikes to speed up. If wide throttle opening, have to close and open throttle for the speed to climb.

I changed my clutch plates & cable when I took over, it was worse as gear was hard to engage & slipping in 4-5 gear.

I did not full throttle on the go, what I did was, as always, ½ clutch control to move off, but the whole bike will be like dying due to insufficient fuel or air in the mix. This only happens when the bike is like not "hot" enough under a heavy downpour.

So when I happens to ride in those days, upon idling @ traffice lights, I'll tend to slight throttle to keep the engine running.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

I think, from the number plates i saw, VLX came first (rear spook rim), followed by VSE (rear sports rims), then VLS (springer front fork).

I saw Mah Motor got one displayed in the row of bikes at the front yard, a red colour springer.

Here's something for all Steed lovers to read on.

(Pls pardon the translation...)

Honda Steed History

Honda Steed History Cont.

Should fate permits... I'll get back my Steed.... :weep:

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Soka... learn something again. :thumb:

How time flies...

I heard so too...Choppers cannot go full throttle like racing bikes to speed up. If wide throttle opening, have to close and open throttle for the speed to climb.

What's the theory behind? :confused:

How time flies...

I changed my clutch plates & cable when I took over, it was worse as gear was hard to engage & slipping in 4-5 gear.

I did not full throttle on the go, what I did was, as always, ½ clutch control to move off, but the whole bike will be like dying due to insufficient fuel or air in the mix. This only happens when the bike is like not "hot" enough under a heavy downpour.

So when I happens to ride in those days, upon idling @ traffice lights, I'll tend to slight throttle to keep the engine running.

Hmmmm.... :sian:

I will just wait and see if I can live with this problem anot? Really can't take it liao then go bike shop "thrash" it out. :D

How time flies...

hi guys...

went to ah chong and he changed 1 piston/rings...$580..

i was wondering about the exhaust pressure..

when it was runnung hot after a ride..i place my palm a couple of inches from th eexhaust outlet..

i immediately noticed that the exhaust pressure is different from the front and rear cylinder..

the front cylinder exhaust pressure is much lesser than the rear..is this normal??

how do u guys adjust the idle??

alamak...slow idle when cold...engine always stall when moving off..

higher idle end up with idling speed like out of control when hot..

so how ah??

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hi guys...

when it was runnung hot after a ride..i place my palm a couple of inches from th eexhaust outlet..

i immediately noticed that the exhaust pressure is different from the front and rear cylinder..

the front cylinder exhaust pressure is much lesser than the rear..is this normal??

so how ah??

Erm... To what I rmber, it may feel abit different, but it should be consider minute.

But you said you only change 1 piston/ring, it could be the old-new combination?(sorry, Im technically decline on these..)

You can tune the idle, @ the fuel idle screw on yr left side, below the tank, behind a triangular cover. For air, you may have to un-screw the cover to locate the screw, best is ask yr trusted mech for diagnostics.

You can actually start & warm-up yr bike before moving off. Let it idle for 3-5mins. It should help once the engine warms up.

my 0.001¢.

hope it helps... :smile:

Disclaimer:

hi guys...

so how ah??

wow! cost so much to change a piston & ring ah??!! :faint:

How time flies...

wow! cost so much to change a piston & ring ah??!! :faint:

It'll cost even more just to overhaul the engine.... :sian:

Learn abt it when I was looking for someone to re-build the bike...

Disclaimer:

old bikes, needs to be given alot of tender loving care la..

mine was abt 19yrs old liao, so thinking of re-building it...

Then oso gt put off that most mech i trust doesnt want to do it... :faint:

:btw: MUSHA, frm yr siggy, u intend to inherit a XR4? well, if u can, get 1 now, cos it may extinct soon... heheheh..

dreamin of ownin 1 too... :lovestruck:

Disclaimer:

I only ride my '96 Steed once of twice a week.

But after I warm up my Steed, I have been opening throttle from fast pick-ups to maintaining at 110-120 km/h whenever possible.

The new air filter and correctly inflated tyres really makes the ride smooth now.

I was afraid that carbon deposit will built up if never 'blow' the system. haha

But after I warm up my Steed, I have been opening throttle from fast pick-ups to maintaining at 110-120 km/h whenever possible.

The new air filter and correctly inflated tyres really makes the ride smooth now.

For me, I 1 3 5 ride my s4. 2 4 6 and sunday ride my steed. :p

How time flies...

Actually, riding @ 110-120km/h, IMO, is the cruzing speed in the highway.

Best to clear carbon, is @ 2nd link...

After customs, head towards 312C, U-turn & back towards R & R...

*Note: Above suggestion, is done at own cost(s) & discreet.

Thou shall not be liable for any unforeseeable circumstances... :sweat:

Disclaimer:

Actually, riding @ 110-120km/h, IMO, is the cruzing speed in the highway.

Best to clear carbon, is @ 2nd link...

After customs, head towards 312C, U-turn & back towards R & R...

*Note: Above suggestion, is done at own cost(s) & discreet.

Thou shall not be liable for any unforeseeable circumstances... :sweat:

Actually clear carbon, 1st 2 gears enough liao. Rev till u feel the bike almost at red line then change to 2nd gear rev the same way again - i think is kao liao. :p

How time flies...

I always thought to clear carbon have to unscrew the pipes and clean manually. lol

I was thinking of converting my steed to a bobber recently but I realised, u know that there're a hell load of cables and wires underneath the fairings.

The wires can be an ugly sight, like that how.

and I'd like a ask a noob qn, which i cant find from search or from the bike manual

how can i remove the seat from the bike, it is seemingly difficult to unscrew the hexagon nut hiding inside the seat gap. There arent screws from below the rear fenders too.

I have been thinking of stripping off anything not impt off the bike for better fc/ preference. then i realise something, the exposed interior may get wet.

I'm not sure here but can I say bikes are technically waterproof? considering we have our rubber gaskets installed and functional?

Thanks =)

I always thought to clear carbon have to unscrew the pipes and clean manually. lol

I was thinking of converting my steed to a bobber recently but I realised, u know that there're a hell load of cables and wires underneath the fairings.

The wires can be an ugly sight, like that how.

and I'd like a ask a noob qn, which i cant find from search or from the bike manual

how can i remove the seat from the bike, it is seemingly difficult to unscrew the hexagon nut hiding inside the seat gap. There arent screws from below the rear fenders too.

I have been thinking of stripping off anything not impt off the bike for better fc/ preference. then i realise something, the exposed interior may get wet.

I'm not sure here but can I say bikes are technically waterproof? considering we have our rubber gaskets installed and functional?

Thanks =)

U r right. The correct way of clearing carbon to clean the internals of the pipes.

Pardon me but what is a bobber?

Which part of fairing r u refering to? Steed no fairing, right?

Sorry, can't help on the seat - nvr taken out b4. :p

How time flies...

Hi, a bobber is a motorcycle that has had many of the stock accessories removed to reduce weight or to present a "clean" or minimalist aesthetic. This usually includes safety and courtesy equipment like reflectors and turn signals and may include appearance panels and covers. wikipedia

Okay I found the seat removal instructions while looking for the rear fairing picture ha.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/starats/rearfender.jpg

The fairing I was referring to includes the head tube area in front of the oil tank, and the plastic set below the seats.

Hi, a bobber is a motorcycle that has had many of the stock accessories removed to reduce weight or to present a "clean" or minimalist aesthetic. This usually includes safety and courtesy equipment like reflectors and turn signals and may include appearance panels and covers. wikipedia

Okay I found the seat removal instructions while looking for the rear fairing picture ha.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/starats/rearfender.jpg

The fairing I was referring to includes the head tube area in front of the oil tank, and the plastic set below the seats.

Looks like the seat got 3 bolts and 2 hooks at the rear. The 2 side bolts looks like hidden underneath the between front n rear seats.

Very chim for me. Last time i used to hands on a lot but now time not enough... :p

How time flies...