SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

thankskev...really so complicated just to access battery....

bike at the moment have no problems yet...a bit of leaking oil...tolerable..maybe i top up too much..added in 1.4L....

when i bought the bike and rode home..the temperature light comes on...and the low pressure lights came on too...when i stop at traffic junctions...

so top up...but keep on topping up until i have poured in 1.5L of it...then the dip stick says ok..now high temp and low oil pressure is not a problem.

i ride only short distances...so need to rechARGE BATTERY WHEN TIME COMES...so have to figure out where is the battery...look at it for the past week and couldnt figure out...until u guys offer solutions..

wow..if so lecheh than have to install another cable from the battery to the exterior of bike for easy recharging..

still riding bike now..will send for servicing when the time comes..ie..riding it to locate any problems then send for servicing...

yeah this bike is huge....but stableand shiok....

??? steed requires about 3 litres of EO.

learning to be a better rider.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i see..is his charges reasonable or not....i have been chopped hereand there unti bloody already..hahaha..dare not go to shop now do diy..

eg..howmuch willit cost to change oil, oil filter??? alarmak broke already maybe haveto diy this too...thanks:faint:

Ok la I find. He just charge you normal price plus a bit more for labour. Like example, but dun quote me on the price, if a bottle of EO cos $10 and you need 3, he'd probably charge you $40? I also not sure his exact pricing but I find reasonable so far. The thing I like is he not only does the service you want him to do but also checks to make sure your bike is ok and will inform you if anything necessary needs to have an eye kept on. The thing I dun like is have to wait but understandable cos he one man show. So just sit there talk kok, smoke a few and learn about bike at the same time :) So far I'm riding without worry :thumb:

w y x m m

thankskev...really so complicated just to access battery....

bike at the moment have no problems yet...a bit of leaking oil...tolerable..maybe i top up too much..added in 1.4L....

when i bought the bike and rode home..the temperature light comes on...and the low pressure lights came on too...when i stop at traffic junctions...

so top up...but keep on topping up until i have poured in 1.5L of it...then the dip stick says ok..now high temp and low oil pressure is not a problem.

i ride only short distances...so need to rechARGE BATTERY WHEN TIME COMES...so have to figure out where is the battery...look at it for the past week and couldnt figure out...until u guys offer solutions..

wow..if so lecheh than have to install another cable from the battery to the exterior of bike for easy recharging..

still riding bike now..will send for servicing when the time comes..ie..riding it to locate any problems then send for servicing...

yeah this bike is huge....but stableand shiok....

Ah? Guess you better have a full servicing done. Cos not knowing the amount of EO inside & just adding in blindly may occur overflooding the engine.

Leaking could be the gaskets. Old bike, prone to these.

Best is still change battery, unless you are able to check & see if its a new piece, whilst in idling(does it?)/running, it should charge unless the rectifier is faulty.

if its well maintained steed will not give any problems at all. i have been riding mine for mths without any major problems

I took over my dad's 18-19 yrs old horse, apart from a few gasket & (a) valve leakages, the engine is still damn solid. :thumb:

Sadly... My restoration project has to abruptly come to an end... :weep:

Wanted to buy / trade in / X-change with topup$$. Anyone have lobang for a good condition original steed's tank. contact 91365138...thanks

Try the scrapyards?

You may just hit the jackpot... :goodluck:

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Ah? Guess you better have a full servicing done. Cos not knowing the amount of EO inside & just adding in blindly may occur overflooding the engine.

Leaking could be the gaskets. Old bike, prone to these.

Best is still change battery, unless you are able to check & see if its a new piece, whilst in idling(does it?)/running, it should charge unless the rectifier is faulty.

I took over my dad's 18-19 yrs old horse, apart from a few gasket & (a) valve leakages, the engine is still damn solid. :thumb:

Sadly... My restoration project has to abruptly come to an end... :weep:

Try the scrapyards?

You may just hit the jackpot... :goodluck:

Well said bro...Cheers...

:cool:

ya...yesterday spend some time to loacte and remove battery..

remove seat...nothing there cannot access battery..

remove left cover under seat...phew a mass of wires..better not dis turb it..

remove right cover....ya saw the fuse box...hooked up to a plastic cover..

remove plastic cover via 2 fastebers .remove the 2 faterners at top right / left of tis plastice cover...

saw the positive terminal of the battery....check battery ..okay via charger..fully charged...(connected + terminal to the charger and connect - terminal to the chasis...).. install an external cable to the battery...

Job Done...

i noticed that quite a no. of connectors all over the places..hhahaha..repairs to the elctrical system i suppose..

once again thanks guys for all the pointers..

Pardon me, cos I usually take the seats & covers out altogether when doing electrical maintenance... :sorry:

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Pardon me' date=' cos I usually take the seats & covers out altogether when doing electrical maintenance... :sorry:[/quote']

It all depends on which part of the bike's electrical you are servicing, but yes, it's advisable to remove the items and parts in order to not have any interference during the maintenance work...Cheers...

yes..gasket needs attention..

any one knows the cost of changing 1 top gasket??

thanks,,inner block believe oil is dripping slowly from the fins beside the plug..

It happened to me when i was riding my Shadow1100cc and when i went to Boon Siew, they told me that it had to be overhauled...So, if i'm not wrong, you might have to overhaul your bike too...Cheers...

yes..gasket needs attention..

any one knows the cost of changing 1 top gasket??

thanks,,inner block believe oil is dripping slowly from the fins beside the plug..

It happened to me when i was riding my Shadow1100cc and when i went to Boon Siew, they told me that it had to be overhauled...So, if i'm not wrong, you might have to overhaul your bike too...Cheers...

Erm, when it comes to opening of the engine, any part of it, is consider overhaul, major or minor that is...

mk3377, guess you should go to yr trusted mech or any of those reccomended for a diagnose before assuming.

Sometimes it may just be a minute problem....

:goodluck:

Disclaimer:

Better not ride too much. Might cause problems in the long run. If it's just gasket leak, top overhaul won't cost that much. Compared to when the damage gets worst.

Just bring it in to your mech for a diagnose and quotation. If you dun have anyone then you'd know who I recommend. heee. Not hard selling him but it's been a long time since I've had a reliable and good mechanic so just wanted to share the love a bit. I is not selfish. Like lots lurrveee. hahaha

w y x m m

overhaul....ya that will cost some dough...now cash flow is tight..have to save up for it...

in the meanttime...i guess have to do wipe fins whenever i return froma ride..hahaha

True but it's better to treat it early that later coz i did just the same also for my previous Shadow1100cc, i wipe off the fins everytime i park the bike and guess what, within a span of 1 month, it was a complete disaster...So, saying it from my experience, it's better to spend less money now than a huge chunk of cash when it gets too late...Cheers...

hello, i came across this bike with this low profile handle bar. was wondering what handle bar is it and where can i get it installed on the steed. anyone knows?

just in case the owner of the bike in picture is here, : "sorry i used your pic, but i cant think of any better way to describe how the handle bar then a picture of it."

IMAG0058a.jpg

hello, i came across this bike with this low profile handle bar. was wondering what handle bar is it and where can i get it installed on the steed. anyone knows?

just in case the owner of the bike in picture is here, : "sorry i used your pic, but i cant think of any better way to describe how the handle bar then a picture of it."

I believe Steed usues 7/8 inch bar so generally all jap handlebars can use.

the one in the pic looks like 7/8 inch so should also be fine.

installation is easy as long as the clutch cable and throttle cable and brake hoses are long enough.

where to buy, i dont know becos i lost touch with cruiser market in Singapore long ago.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

that is a dragstar classic. bars are1 inch diameter. 7/8 are bars for phantoms and rzx.. . plus this guy reused his 1 inch controls .. can tell from there. so should be able to use with a steed. 400cc cruisers usually come with 1 inch bars stock. this may be abit too wide for your steed. but if its the style u like, u should have no problem fixing it up.. however if u riding the springer version then cannot liao..

I tot Yamaha handlebars usually more bull horn like?

the handlebar looks like the original to me.. but i'm not a 100% sure...seldom see classic owners change their bars as the original bar is about this shape and is quite wide.....unless they wanna get dragbars la.. but i was jus pointing out.. if it can fit the dragstar, it can fit the anything with 1 inch clamps.

thanks guys for your many advises.

i guess the last thing would be where i can get that handle bar or where can i do installation. i guess i do not need an original one, a chiong one would also do the job. original one more ex rite?

thanks guys for your many advises.

i guess the last thing would be where i can get that handle bar or where can i do installation. i guess i do not need an original one, a chiong one would also do the job. original one more ex rite?

the job is really easy... if u know how to tighten and loosen a bolt.. u can do this yourself. its that simple.. jus make sure u got long enough cables.

things to note:

almost all throttle/switch housing has this little knob protruding from inside the clamp that needs a hole drilled in the handlebar to firmly secure the housing to the bar. it may seem unclear now.. but u will be able to see it once u take apart your switch housing. some bars may not come with this hole predrilled.. u will have to drill this yurself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all steed owners,

i hav a fren from across causeway wanna let go his VT600 modified tank. I think it can fit Steed 400 model.

See pic

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C05%5C11%5Cbikepics-1284981-full.jpg

tank capacity: 10 ltr

price of tank (not incld) postage: Rm1000 nego

even the tank cap is modified just like those sports bike one. Look at the pic. it is the one in the middle of the tank.

if any of you guys intrested i will become your middleman to liaise with him.