SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all steed owners,

i hav a fren from across causeway wanna let go his VT600 modified tank. I think it can fit Steed 400 model.

See pic

http://w3.bikepics.com/pics/2008%5C05%5C11%5Cbikepics-1284981-full.jpg

tank capacity: 10 ltr

price of tank (not incld) postage: Rm1000 nego

even the tank cap is modified just like those sports bike one. Look at the pic. it is the one in the middle of the tank.

if any of you guys intrested i will become your middleman to liaise with him.

Hi bro, please contact James as he is looking for a tank for his bike. I believe you have his contact, it's in the lists for the wedding convoy we went last week. He might be interested. Cheers bro.

:cool:

view from left

http://123.100.226.58/images/27/2715123560.jpg

Wonder if we can install this brake light here in Sin? Looks cool sia...

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Hi guys

I just bought a 1996 steed VSE. I wanna change the mirrors and handle grip, which I find not safe. Anyshop got sell nice mirrors and handlegrips for steed? Thanks.

I am a Honda bike lover:-

Honda CRM 125, Honda Cub C70, Honda Steed 400VSE

Honda Shadow Slasher 400, Honda XR125L, Honda XR400RW

Honda SuperCub C90 single seater (vintage ride - 43km/l)

Honda NC700X (Smooth tourer around Indochina)

Honda CRF250L (Enduro - 30km/L)

Hi guys

I just bought a 1996 steed VSE. I wanna change the mirrors and handle grip, which I find not safe. Anyshop got sell nice mirrors and handlegrips for steed? Thanks.

Why do u find these items not safe?

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Why do u find these items not safe?

The mirror (not stock) is oval shape, and the adjustment angle is very limited. I can't seem to get a good view of the vehicles behind me me. I would like to get a rectangular one, similar to the stock one.

The handlegrip is chrome type with long black strips. The black strips are hardening and pieces are coming off, and the handlegrip for throttle is sliding out, exposing a 1 cm gap of the throttle plastic inside. I want to get the stock type handle grip, with the centre part all black rubber.

Any recomendations? Ah Boy shop seems like a good choice.

The mirror (not stock) is oval shape, and the adjustment angle is very limited. I can't seem to get a good view of the vehicles behind me me. I would like to get a rectangular one, similar to the stock one.

The handlegrip is chrome type with long black strips. The black strips are hardening and pieces are coming off, and the handlegrip for throttle is sliding out, exposing a 1 cm gap of the throttle plastic inside. I want to get the stock type handle grip, with the centre part all black rubber.

Any recomendations? Ah Boy shop seems like a good choice.

OIC. Yes then. Better to get them change. Ah boy is cheap when u DIY. If you bring items to bike shop, they charge u for labour then LPPL liao. Good luck in your search for the new items. :thumb:

How time flies...

Anyone knows if we can find similar chrome parts that can make our steeds look like that?http://www.bikez.com/pictures/honda/2002/20158_0_2_4_steed%20400_mybike.jpg

How time flies...

Anyone knows if we can find similar chrome parts that can make our steeds look like that?

Looks like it is the version for some other countries. Honda bikes have some diff parts for certain models which is only export to some countries.

Just like my XR125, certain countries got original motard version with rear disc barkes instead of drum brakes.

Anyone can teach me how to remove the plastic cover between the fuel tank and handle bar, which covers the bike frame? I wanna re-arrange some wires and re-position of the horns.

Do I have to remove the headlight to pull out a big plastic clip, before opening the plastic cover?

Problem solved.

Managed to open and understand how the plastic on Steed locks on.

Just spend 4 hours and did the following:-

a) re-position the pair of horns with a new bracket

b) re-arrange the loose wires

c) straighten all bent metal hooks and frames

d) took out the ERP IU and wrapped the old looking IU with black leather (PVC) cover

e) Change the handle grips to all black

d) Tighten all loose screws and replace a few badly rusted ones

I love my Steed even more now!!

Looks like it is the version for some other countries. Honda bikes have some diff parts for certain models which is only export to some countries.

Just like my XR125, certain countries got original motard version with rear disc barkes instead of drum brakes.

Thanks for the info. :)

How time flies...

Problem solved.

Managed to open and understand how the plastic on Steed locks on.

Just spend 4 hours and did the following:-

a) re-position the pair of horns with a new bracket

b) re-arrange the loose wires

c) straighten all bent metal hooks and frames

d) took out the ERP IU and wrapped the old looking IU with black leather (PVC) cover

e) Change the handle grips to all black

d) Tighten all loose screws and replace a few badly rusted ones

I love my Steed even more now!!

The piece of plastic on my Steed, u mentioned, broke. Wonder how much is a pair to replace? :confused:

How time flies...

The piece of plastic on my Steed, u mentioned, broke. Wonder how much is a pair to replace? :confused:

No idea leh. Mine has cracks too in the centre but it is not eye bothering, so I leave it alone.

I have not gone to look for parts of Steed yet from Eversuccess sparepart shop.

I wanna change the rider footstep, as the last owner skidded and the right foot step gonecase liao.

Is Planet a good place to get Steed cosmetic parts?

No idea leh. Mine has cracks too in the centre but it is not eye bothering, so I leave it alone.

I wanna change the rider footstep, as the last owner skidded and the right foot step gonecase liao.

Mine cracked there too but some where else is giving a rattling noisec while riding.

Sorry Bro. Lost touch with all these accessories' shops for a long time. I rely on my mech to look for parts for me thou' he is lazy to do so. Which is a gd thing so i save money. :D

How time flies...

I want to change engine oil and rear drum brakes. The two arrows indicators of the rear drum meeting liao (after adjusting to make it work better), and rear braking still poor...

Anyone can tell me how much they cost (preferrable a break down of the cost of that I won't become kenna 'chop' ?

Is Planet a good choice to go to? The guy I bought my Steed from strongly recommends Planet 'Ah Chong'.

Mine cracked there too but some where else is giving a rattling noisec while riding.

Sorry Bro. Lost touch with all these accessories' shops for a long time. I rely on my mech to look for parts for me thou' he is lazy to do so. Which is a gd thing so i save money. :D

I want to change engine oil and rear drum brakes. The two arrows indicators of the rear drum meeting liao (after adjusting to make it work better), and rear braking still poor...

Anyone can tell me how much they cost (preferrable a break down of the cost of that I won't become kenna 'chop' ?

Is Planet a good choice to go to? The guy I bought my Steed from strongly recommends Planet 'Ah Chong'.

Folks, you may hv difficulties looking for the neck cover as its mostly OOP & OOS. But you can try yr luck with Chiong Aik(Desker Road, for new pieces) or @ scrapyyards like TheBikeYard(Tractor Road) or Ah Ann(Jln Buroh), maybe they hv a few in gd conditions.

This particular part, same as the ones below yr seats, are easily broken @ the stick part where it's attaching to the main frame. It's a 3 part(the neck cover) affixed together, so do becareful when attaching/detaching them.

There isnt much cosmetic parts around for Steed anymore, however, waiting patiently & carefully sourcing ard, & you may jus hit the gold.

(FYI, Im selling some Steed accessories... :D)

You may still find some leftover OEM parts ard the shops, FJT(Rowell Road), Eversuccess(Lembu Road) & CA(Desker Road), but not much..

Ah Chong @ Planet is not bad, trustable & reliable, thou sometimes the long wait as influx of ppl... Rosli's nt bad too, bt again, the wait...

I would say nt alot of mechs knows a thing or 2 abt old metric bikes...

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

I got some original parts from Eversuccess - rider footstep rubber ($18 a pair), rear brake shoes ($30/- Vesrah Made in Japan) and the handlebar lock ($18/-), as the previous owner nv lock for years and dun have the key liao).

I went to my own mechanic who is a real pro as he runs his own mobile truck workshop.

My bike is all serviced.

Except for one last thing, the handle bar lock. I asked the Eversucess guy if I need to remove the fork to change the handlebar lock. He assured me no need, and I just need the proper screw driver. Thats why I bought a new handlebar lock. But in the end, cannot be done w/o removing fork. Regret buying. But dun buy recently ppl play prank on me by pushing my bike out of my lot to 'rob' me of my parking lot.

Anyone changed handlebar lock B4?

.......but some where else is giving a rattling noisec while riding.

Mine has the rattling sound too shourtly after pick up...close throttle the sound stop...can oni agar agar it is coming from somewhere below fuel tank and above engine block.

Mine has the rattling sound too shourtly after pick up...close throttle the sound stop...can oni agar agar it is coming from somewhere below fuel tank and above engine block.

Finally, the noise troubleshooted but not fix yet. It's coming from my exhaust heat shields, somehow it's loose when i throttle. :p

How time flies...