SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

I think for steed, the main bulk of load comes from the chassis and the V engine. Other smaller things that contribute to weight are: longer forks, handlebar, etc.

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always thought to clear carbon have to unscrew the pipes and clean manually. lol

I was thinking of converting my steed to a bobber recently but I realised, u know that there're a hell load of cables and wires underneath the fairings.

The wires can be an ugly sight, like that how.

and I'd like a ask a noob qn, which i cant find from search or from the bike manual

how can i remove the seat from the bike, it is seemingly difficult to unscrew the hexagon nut hiding inside the seat gap. There arent screws from below the rear fenders too.

I have been thinking of stripping off anything not impt off the bike for better fc/ preference. then i realise something, the exposed interior may get wet.

I'm not sure here but can I say bikes are technically waterproof? considering we have our rubber gaskets installed and functional?

Thanks =)

Glad you found your answers in the following posts..

As for making your bike to your taste, guess you can check with X-iled, or his threads, whose doing loads of tasty mods on cruisers.

I think, you may have to totally strip down the whole bike, to re-configure the wirings, and maybe re-construct any cosmetic mods?

Otherwise, best is to leave it as it is...

Dont fix it when it aint broke... :thumb:

Looks like the seat got 3 bolts and 2 hooks at the rear. The 2 side bolts looks like hidden underneath the between front n rear seats.

Very chim for me. Last time i used to hands on a lot but now time not enough... :p

Bro, er... There's only 2 bolts...

Can just use a long allen key to screw tighten or loose...

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

MUSHA: Time for a TLC throughout wash....

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

MUSHA: Tender Loving Care. TLC.

:smile:

Disclaimer:

The piece of plastic on my Steed, u mentioned, broke. Wonder how much is a pair to replace? :confused:

Ok that one confirm must replace. Glue won't work.

Price no idea leh. For me, anything I also go to Eversucess at Lembu Rd to ask the price. If ok and I intend to ride for long, I will buy new one.

I have no knowledge abt bike scrapyards. I read somewhere in this thread that is a scrapyard where you can find 2nd hand parts. Price easily ard 1/3 of the new original.

I am a Honda bike lover:-

Honda CRM 125, Honda Cub C70, Honda Steed 400VSE

Honda Shadow Slasher 400, Honda XR125L, Honda XR400RW

Honda SuperCub C90 single seater (vintage ride - 43km/l)

Honda NC700X (Smooth tourer around Indochina)

Honda CRF250L (Enduro - 30km/L)

Price no idea leh. For me, anything I also go to Eversucess at Lembu Rd to ask the price. If ok and I intend to ride for long, I will buy new one.

I have no knowledge abt bike scrapyards. I read somewhere in this thread that is a scrapyard where you can find 2nd hand parts. Price easily ard 1/3 of the new original.

Erm, try calling FJT and/or Chiong Aik for quotes too.

But they may not have the colours you need.

Scrapyards are like trying luck, cos they may not have what you want everytime. But then somehow sometime, you may just hit gold...

:goodluck:

Disclaimer:

Update us about ur quest for the plastic, Troy. The broken plastic looks from bad to worst after the installation of a new set of horns yday. sigh... :pity:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Update us about ur quest for the plastic, Troy. The broken plastic looks from bad to worst after the installation of a new set of horns yday. sigh... :pity:

ya my ride cover below seat..a crack appears already..

notice the plastic "retainer" when u slap the cover in place..was patched up with epoxy...i did that to the crack it seems to be holding up (applied the stufff on the inside) if more structural strength is required i would add a piece of steel part on to( eg. A steel washer) it..i think this should hold...

try using steel epoxy rather than normal epoxy.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

notice the plastic "retainer" when u slap the cover in place..was patched up with epoxy....

I think slapping somehow damaged the plastic on the long run. Think it is natural action to slap it in, instead of pushing it in.

Mine on the left side also had epoxy....dunno which previous owner had it patched up. And tied with wires to prevent theft. I only knew what happened inside the body when I removed the seat. :p

I think slapping somehow damaged the plastic on the long run. Think it is natural action to slap it in, instead of pushing it in.

Mine on the left side also had epoxy....dunno which previous owner had it patched up. And tied with wires to prevent theft. I only knew what happened inside the body when I removed the seat. :p

Erm... For these plastics, best is still carefully place it in postion & push it in instead. Thats what my dad taught me when I was still too young and fumbling with his then, prime Steed...

Epoxy may patch, but doesnt hold long enough & spoils the aesthetics.

Goodluck for your search if you intend to replace it.

Does anyone knows where VLX 600 could be available for viewing? Interested in getting one :)

Erm... It's a total rare gem on the road if you can spot one now.

Cos back in those days, when the 400 & 600 where introduced, many went for the 400 instead as the latter has some electrical problems.(hearsay hearsay..)

However, other than the cubic centimeter difference, the original pipe rumbling is slightly louder & bassy.

The tank emblem, is mostly in decal(or stickers as layman terms it) "Shadow" or "Steed", but still retains the "VLX" pop up emblem at the below seat side covers.

As time rolls by, newer cruisers were intro-ed and slowly, and sadly, Steed was getting phased out.

Guess most of the Steed had already run out their 1st COE, and if its still around, it should be serving its 2nd(and ending soon) COEs...

But luck does not be with most Steeds as they are either scrapped or being exported overseas..

I know of 1 owner, with the bike slightly stripped, parked in his workshop, still in the process of re-storing it...

Not selling thou... dang...

Disclaimer:

ya my ride cover below seat..a crack appears already..

notice the plastic "retainer" when u slap the cover in place..was patched up with epoxy...i did that to the crack it seems to be holding up (applied the stufff on the inside) if more structural strength is required i would add a piece of steel part on to( eg. A steel washer) it..i think this should hold...

try using steel epoxy rather than normal epoxy.

My fuel tank got a few patches of metal epoxy liao... :cheeky:

How time flies...

Does anyone knows where VLX 600 could be available for viewing? Interested in getting one :)

If only you asked earlier.

My gd fd just sold his vintage bike registration 'AW XXX' plate attached to his '99 Shadow VLX 600 last month.

When he trying to sell the bike and plate separately, no one wanna buy the bike. In the end, bike goes free with the registration plate, as he felt that his VLX 600 has no resale value. The buyer of the plate dun even have Class 2 yet, so the bike laid up.

too bad I no class 2.....if not he wiling to sell me 1/2 price...:cry:

My gd fd just sold his vintage bike registration 'AW XXX' plate attached to his '99 Shadow VLX 600 last month.

When he trying to sell the bike and plate separately, no one wanna buy the bike. In the end, bike goes free with the registration plate, as he felt that his VLX 600 has no resale value. The buyer of the plate dun even have Class 2 yet, so the bike laid up.

Hmm... im sure there's still more of the 600 out there. Im not rushing to get one at the moment, but if there's any offer, I would definitely want to view.

U can oso buy then lay up ma... It's $5.50 per year, something like that.

How time flies...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hi Steed riders....Do give your support to the coming wedding convoy on the 2nd of November and hope to see more Steed riders from this forum signing up for it...check out "Upcoming Rides and Outings" and thread titled "Wedding Convoy - 2nd November 2009"...Cheers and really hope to see more Steed riders in the list ya...

:cool:

Sold my Wife's Steed this week. Very sorry to see it go but needed to make room for her new ride.

This was the second steed I've owned in the last 6 years and I would own one again given the space and cash.

Good luck to the new rider - this bike still has many good kilometers left in her.