SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

All about Steed

live-to-ride

I got some original parts from Eversuccess - rider footstep rubber ($18 a pair), rear brake shoes ($30/- Vesrah Made in Japan) and the handlebar lock ($18/-), as the previous owner nv lock for years and dun have the key liao).

I went to my own mechanic who is a real pro as he runs his own mobile truck workshop.

My bike is all serviced.

Except for one last thing, the handle bar lock. I asked the Eversucess guy if I need to remove the fork to change the handlebar lock. He assured me no need, and I just need the proper screw driver. Thats why I bought a new handlebar lock. But in the end, cannot be done w/o removing fork. Regret buying. But dun buy recently ppl play prank on me by pushing my bike out of my lot to 'rob' me of my parking lot.

Anyone changed handlebar lock B4?

Looks like you can only change it when you change your fork oil seals.

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got some original parts from Eversuccess - rider footstep rubber ($18 a pair), rear brake shoes ($30/- Vesrah Made in Japan) and the handlebar lock ($18/-), as the previous owner nv lock for years and dun have the key liao).

I went to my own mechanic who is a real pro as he runs his own mobile truck workshop.

My bike is all serviced.

Except for one last thing, the handle bar lock. I asked the Eversucess guy if I need to remove the fork to change the handlebar lock. He assured me no need, and I just need the proper screw driver. Thats why I bought a new handlebar lock. But in the end, cannot be done w/o removing fork. Regret buying. But dun buy recently ppl play prank on me by pushing my bike out of my lot to 'rob' me of my parking lot.

Gd for you then, manage to find so many parts. :smile:

Erm, as for the handle bar lock, thought it's the same key as the fuel cap & ignition key? :confused:

Cos if jus change the handle bar lock, wouldnt it mean an extra key?

I somehw manage to source a 2ndhand workable full lock set(handlebar, fuel cap & ignition + 2 original keys), but too bad, didnt got the chance to replace it...

Oya, you hv to remove the forks & triple clamp in order to change the handle bar lock... Meanwhile, get a disc brake lock to secure the front wheel while parked?

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

My bike is all serviced.

Quite unbelieveable that ppl can actually push your bike outta lot and put their own bike in. Did you knw who's bike is it? Nx time push that bike into the open road lah... :lol: :lol:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Quite unbelieveable that ppl can actually push your bike outta lot and put their own bike in. Did you knw who's bike is it? Nx time push that bike into the open road lah... :lol: :lol:

Unsurprisingly... It happened to mine when I just took over my dad's Steed...

1 Friday night, just coming back to the usual deck in the MSCP, found the bike was nt in lot, thought dad was using it to go for mj session with his kakis, so slot in my TA to the lot & call him if he was coming back, to my surprise, he was @ hm, slping...

It was the middle of night, so he was also abit blurred abt what happened til I waited for him to come dwn...

We were abt to call for mata when his relief driver(taxi) came back & chatted abt what happen as it was unusual for us too be there so early(@ abt 3am+/-, moreover included me & me dad in his hm wear!), till he(relief) says that there's a bike in a car slot on the same deck...

:slapforehead: (to think that I missed it...)

Apparently, someone's eyeing the bike for a fun ride but think gave up as it's too heavy(if inexperienced) push start bike...

So frm then onwards, always handle lock the bike...

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

Unsurprisingly... It happened to mine when I just took over my dad's Steed...

1 Friday night, just coming back to the usual deck in the MSCP, found the bike was nt in lot, thought dad was using it to go for mj session with his kakis, so slot in my TA to the lot & call him if he was coming back, to my surprise, he was @ hm, slping...

It was the middle of night, so he was also abit blurred abt what happened til I waited for him to come dwn...

We were abt to call for mata when his relief driver(taxi) came back & chatted abt what happen as it was unusual for us too be there so early(@ abt 3am+/-, moreover included me & me dad in his hm wear!), till he(relief) says that there's a bike in a car slot on the same deck...

:slapforehead: (to think that I missed it...)

Apparently, someone's eyeing the bike for a fun ride but think gave up as it's too heavy(if inexperienced) push start bike...

So frm then onwards, always handle lock the bike...

Totally unbelieveable sia... :faint: :faint: :faint:

How time flies...

Totally unbelieveable sia... :faint: :faint: :faint:

Well..... I didnt believe it too until me, my dad & his relief saw & experienced it...

:faint:

:sian:

Disclaimer:

Well..... I didnt believe it too until me, my dad & his relief saw & experienced it...

:faint:

:sian:

This full-of-nonsense people just got nothing better to do sia. Let me catch one I will straight away report to the man in blue.

How time flies...

Hi all riders,

if ur handlebar lock is spoilt, alternatif is to buy brake disc Lock to secure ur front wheel.

+ The disc lock will prevent anyone from pushing ur bike, let alone ride it.

- If u 4get to unlock ur disc lock b4 moving off, u or ur bike or both will kiss the tarmac lah. Ouch!!

brake disc lock? where can I get this installed?

No need installation. Just buy off the rack and lock it onto one of your brake disc's vented holes. Unless your discs are all slotted, then bo bian liao.

How time flies...

Got a brake disk lock liao. It is shiny chrome one from LAB.

LAB even told me their cheaper range colourful ones no good. so advise me to invest on the chrome one ( which is really tough built & heavy leh).

At least lesser worries now abt my Steed kenna prankster push away...

I am a Honda bike lover:-

Honda CRM 125, Honda Cub C70, Honda Steed 400VSE

Honda Shadow Slasher 400, Honda XR125L, Honda XR400RW

Honda SuperCub C90 single seater (vintage ride - 43km/l)

Honda NC700X (Smooth tourer around Indochina)

Honda CRF250L (Enduro - 30km/L)

LAB even told me their cheaper range colourful ones no good. so advise me to invest on the chrome one ( which is really tough built & heavy leh).

How much bro?

http://i28.tinypic.com/5kokk3.jpg

How much bro?

it supposed to be $12/-.

While I looking at it considering to buy or not, LAB saw me say "Mai tu liao... $10 i give you."

Deal! It comes with a black bracket to hold when not in use,,,but i still haven figure out where on my steed i shd secure the bracket. the lock keys are like laptop lock keys.

But the instruction on the packaging is in broken english. i throw liao then realise there is a pin button on the lock got some purpose one...haha

Good to get one. Read in so many other thread here in SBF that bikes are stolen. Scary sia...

How time flies...

it supposed to be $12/-.

While I looking at it considering to buy or not, LAB saw me say "Mai tu liao... $10 i give you."

Deal! It comes with a black bracket to hold when not in use,,,but i still haven figure out where on my steed i shd secure the bracket. the lock keys are like laptop lock keys.

But the instruction on the packaging is in broken english. i throw liao then realise there is a pin button on the lock got some purpose one...haha

Bracket secure on the rear swing arm? :p

How time flies...

Bracket secure on the rear swing arm? :p

Yes I just did so. On the last screw of the chain guard next to the spocket.

What is the size of our Steed fuel tank?

I do not know how many litres it is and how much is reserve.

What is the size of our Steed fuel tank?

I do not know how many litres it is and how much is reserve.

The 2002 Steed is 11L. But i pump 11.7L after travelling 20km after i switched to reserve. Mine is a 96 Steed, i reckon my tank is 13L?

Anyone can enlighten us here?

How time flies...

While cruising at 70kmh, sudden acceleration cause a jerk before the bike pulls away. Anyone experience this? My mechanic says my fuel tank got water. True?

How time flies...

While cruising at 70kmh, sudden acceleration cause a jerk before the bike pulls away. Anyone experience this? My mechanic says my fuel tank got water. True?

I have heard of this 'tank got water' theory. Why got water? Fuel tank cap got problem? Personally I dun think so. If water can seep in, then petrol can seep out. When you pump full tank and cross a hump, You dun see petrol stains coming out of petrol tank cap right? Water & petrol dun mix. From what I heard, water floats on top of petrol ( I heard oni, I am not science savvy) . If suspect petrol tank got water, pump full until overflow slightly, then any water on top should have flow out of the tank liao, right? Just my own thoughts.

I think (I emphasize again, its I think) suddenly acceleration cause great influx of petrol, thus flooding the cab temporarily for a second, causing e jerk. I have this problem too. I think it could be air flow problem. I was think choked air filter cause poor or no air flow, thus the bike jerk (Its my own presumption)

I just changed the air filter today (original $42.80 from Eversuccess). The previous owner dunno how long nv change it!!. But I haven ride out to try to see if the jerking problem is solved. Keep you updated.

Anyway I just pump petrol today and found that the mileage increase from 20km/l to 24.5 km/l after change of EO and oil filter. Happy!

I also pump air into both the tires to find out that both tires under inflated, esp rear tire very bad.

Lucky the tire pressure guide sticker is still clear on the chain guard. 200 for front and 250 for rear. After pump air liao, my Steed 'cup corner' very smooth and stable!

Most Steed model other than the Springer model, has approximately 13L, almost equivalent to Phantom.

With moderate riding, it should last 200km+/- before reserve.

Of cos, proper maintenance will also contribute to better FC.

As for the water in tank, water will submerge instead of floating, cos petrol(oil) is lighter than water.

How I know? My dad's Steed had bursted 2 fuel tanks when I was small.

Explaination: Bike park in open CP, sometimes covered, however somehow water still seep in thru fuel cap area, water subside in the lower trims of tank, creates corrosion & viola... 1 hole coming up....

However, unless the ride is daily, small amount of water can be still consumed for combustion, dont think it'll cause such a big jerk?(IMO)

Only time that I have the funny improper forward moving action is when riding in the rain(engine not fully hot yet), 1st gear, moving off after stopping in traffic, bike like want to die even if throw full throttle, so I guess its the poor air flow in the mixing ratio..

Just my 0.001¢. :smile:

Disclaimer:

I have heard of this 'tank got water' theory. Why got water? Fuel tank cap got problem? Personally I dun think so. If water can seep in, then petrol can seep out. When you pump full tank and cross a hump, You dun see petrol stains coming out of petrol tank cap right? Water & petrol dun mix. From what I heard, water floats on top of petrol ( I heard oni, I am not science savvy) . If suspect petrol tank got water, pump full until overflow slightly, then any water on top should have flow out of the tank liao, right? Just my own thoughts.

I think (I emphasize again, its I think) suddenly acceleration cause great influx of petrol, thus flooding the cab temporarily for a second, causing e jerk. I have this problem too. I think it could be air flow problem. I was think choked air filter cause poor or no air flow, thus the bike jerk (Its my own presumption)

I just changed the air filter today (original $42.80 from Eversuccess). The previous owner dunno how long nv change it!!. But I haven ride out to try to see if the jerking problem is solved. Keep you updated.

I oso ask my mech the same question - how come water gets in but petrol don't gets out? I wd consider changing the air filter too. Any K&N for Steed? :p If thr is, I wd want to buy - coz it's only a 1 time cost to me.

How time flies...

Anyway I just pump petrol today and found that the mileage increase from 20km/l to 24.5 km/l after change of EO and oil filter. Happy!

I also pump air into both the tires to find out that both tires under inflated, esp rear tire very bad.

Lucky the tire pressure guide sticker is still clear on the chain guard. 200 for front and 250 for rear. After pump air liao, my Steed 'cup corner' very smooth and stable!

So any jerking problem so far?

How time flies...