SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

if let u choose AGAIN/ or 1st time which cl2 bike u will buy?

AhDidi

Those who go to 1000cc and back to 600 or 750 really knows what they wanted.

1000cc are just too much, u really need very good throttle control. I going back 600cc.

:bow:

*My thoughts and opinions often change. You should not consider posts more than a week to reflect my current thoughts and opinions.

like tat how to believe wat u said earlier? :giddy:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x23/Tyrael7/Bike/sig.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some statements are true.

Those who recommend 1000cc are typical straight line heros.I mean most not all. NSH is mostly where they ride. If you want straight line speed...i would suggest get Busa or ZX12-14....Those are killers for miles.

you sure you know wat u r talking?

In a nutshell still depending on the owner on what he wanted. the above statement i made is based on my personal experiences.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

you sure you know wat u r talking?
Ya, I believe I do. Are u straight line hero? I believe I outgun a blue R1 in a corner on second link to towards PG H'way earlier this year.

And on the track outgun the same R1 towards the chicane and I almost eat the gravel because R1 still in blind spot. I have the line but I dare not turn until the R1 let mi have have the line. If I turn I sure hit it...

Big ego huh?

All using my humble F4i...hee hee

Not confidence of my skill, I am not very fast on track as well...more then 2 mins for sure. 1000cc bike with big ego almost let mi eat sand on his first track session....

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Ya i like corners that y I buy them..Hero maybe not to that point. Tired my friend blue 04 R1 for 2 laps on the track ...Very good posture and track machine...But really hard to control...maybe I no skill....

A really great bike like a good kantana that cut corners like nothing...Going to try his 07 soon...with slipper clutch...I am sure is even better towards heavy downshift and braking before a corner....hee hee

i think a bit OT...

yo just get what u want...is ur money is your choice....just my 2 cents

Gear 4th

Ya i like corners that y I buy them..Hero maybe not to that point. Tired my friend blue 04 R1 for 2 laps on the track ...Very good posture and track machine...But really hard to control...maybe I no skill....

A really great bike like a good kantana that cut corners like nothing...

I'm glad you realised that. Hope you managed to sell your helmets off which you scraped while cornering, I'm sure you are that good. Just that good.

We live in a SMALL country, we have LIMITED roads. I'm sure you do not need a R1 to live off that. :thumb:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/gnayed/n641300248_3172135_77.jpg

waaah ... so BORING to read hachi's comments.

All nothing to do with the topic anymore. In our class its all up to the individual rider. U can outgun me with a scooter on a public road as am not going to race there. U can outgun me at the track when am doing some practicing for me and not racing....isnt it easy to understand. - I personally absolutely not care what other think about me ... RIDE SAFE

for singapore roads, a 600 is more than enough. middleweight inline 4 engines need to be revved hard to make full use of their potential. for me, if i'm not riding the bike hard, i'm crawling around like a 400. rev it hard and you exceed all the speed limits by double. overall cheaper price coupled with better fuel consumption than a litre bike, i kinda got used to it. if i were to win the lottery though, 1st thing that i will buy is a spanking new litre bike. no such luck, too bad.

still unsure? best way is to get a used litre bike with good resale value. try it for like a year or so. if you like it, get it 1st hand. if you hate it, hey just sell it off, with some luck you lose a few hundred-2grand with hard bargaining but you will be sure of your choice and most importantly, no regrets.

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

Can't agree with u more. The best bike for me is still the one i can afford to maintain and pay all the necessary stuffs. Buy a litre bike skali struggle like mad paying insurance and rd tax, also no use.

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/9274/saniboyburn0ui.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/saniboy/Ride/style.jpg

hi all

i am in-between of R6 and R1 , i really don know where to post my noob qns sorry. some said "r1 too powerful r6 will be just nice." some said "600cc ? y not just get a 1000cc"

but 600cc road tax insu etc etc cheaper. and now a days those new 600cc bikes are damn fast liao.

my officer clock a 280km/hr with his stock r6 07.

some say 1k bike more shiok than 600cc, i really know nuts of those road king bikes.

Straight to the point. I'll give you an honest comment.

I've owned a 1000, then I've owned a 600.

My advice to you is to see what you want to do with the bike.

Comparing just the two bikes alone (leave out Busas and ZX14s), the 1000 is a better bike out on the open highway. On the route to KL, Genting, or Cameron, you'll appreciate the R1 more, as you'll feel that the engine is less stressed out from continous high RPMs. And that means, better mileage.... lower rpms. Also means higher top speed la.... if that is very impt to you.

The 600 I rode (FZ6, but more or less similar in engine nature to an R6) had to maintain an rpm about 2K higher just to get same speed. Bad mileage, and not so great in the long run.

- So... touring-wise.. this one goes to the R1.

In town, it's a double-edged sword. Some ppl say... 600 is enough. You don't need so much power. Well... they may be right. If your throttle discipline is not that great, a 1000 could get you into trouble. Uncle Sam could give you a Prize Voucher, or you can eat car/bus/truck kar chng. Up to you. :D

My view is that... I prefer a 1000. I don't need to play around with the gears. The torque will get me past almost all 4-wheelers all of the time.

- This one, is up to rider. For me, I'll choose a 1000.

Track wise.... very very subjective. This one is all up to the rider's throttle discipline and control. The 600s are lighter and can brake a bit later, pull a different line, and will have an easier time driving out of corners. But that doesn't mean a 1000 will lose everytime. It's all up to the rider. (If you got a digital throttle hand... on and off... then you'll probably have a nice ballistic flight off any bike, anyway :D )

- This one, is up to rider. For me, I'll choose a 1000. I know my bike costs money. I know my body donch like highsides. I control my right wrist.

Maintenance, road tax?

Maintenance is the same. 4 plugs, oil filter, 3 bottles of EO.

Road tax? 200 vs 320... +/-

Insurance, depends on your age, but yes, the 1000 will cost more.

Ultimately depends on your pockets.

So how now?

what's with the fascination about the 299 top speed?

Hahahah.... this is a good one.

I've been wondering too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

for singapore roads, a 600 is more than enough. middleweight inline 4 engines need to be revved hard to make full use of their potential. for me, if i'm not riding the bike hard, i'm crawling around like a 400. rev it hard and you exceed all the speed limits by double. overall cheaper price coupled with better fuel consumption than a litre bike, i kinda got used to it. if i were to win the lottery though, 1st thing that i will buy is a spanking new litre bike. no such luck, too bad.

still unsure? best way is to get a used litre bike with good resale value. try it for like a year or so. if you like it, get it 1st hand. if you hate it, hey just sell it off, with some luck you lose a few hundred-2grand with hard bargaining but you will be sure of your choice and most importantly, no regrets.

Having ridden both.... 1000 first, 600 second.

Hahaha... sold off the 600. Looking for 1000 again.

No questions there. Just a personal view. A 600 feels gutless to me, even when riding it flat out up and down Genting, it just lacks that Ooooompphhh.... no torque!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Unless the decision to buy a big bike is dictated by a smaller monthly budget (if paying installments) or a limited full cash budget, go get the R1. I did and never regretted the decision. A gorgeous and powerful bike... :thumb:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Straight to the point. I'll give you an honest comment.

I've owned a 1000, then I've owned a 600.

My advice to you is to see what you want to do with the bike.

Comparing just the two bikes alone (leave out Busas and ZX14s), the 1000 is a better bike out on the open highway. On the route to KL, Genting, or Cameron, you'll appreciate the R1 more, as you'll feel that the engine is less stressed out from continous high RPMs. And that means, better mileage.... lower rpms. Also means higher top speed la.... if that is very impt to you.

The 600 I rode (FZ6, but more or less similar in engine nature to an R6) had to maintain an rpm about 2K higher just to get same speed. Bad mileage, and not so great in the long run.

- So... touring-wise.. this one goes to the R1.

In town, it's a double-edged sword. Some ppl say... 600 is enough. You don't need so much power. Well... they may be right. If your throttle discipline is not that great, a 1000 could get you into trouble. Uncle Sam could give you a Prize Voucher, or you can eat car/bus/truck kar chng. Up to you. :D

My view is that... I prefer a 1000. I don't need to play around with the gears. The torque will get me past almost all 4-wheelers all of the time.

- This one, is up to rider. For me, I'll choose a 1000.

Track wise.... very very subjective. This one is all up to the rider's throttle discipline and control. The 600s are lighter and can brake a bit later, pull a different line, and will have an easier time driving out of corners. But that doesn't mean a 1000 will lose everytime. It's all up to the rider. (If you got a digital throttle hand... on and off... then you'll probably have a nice ballistic flight off any bike, anyway :D )

- This one, is up to rider. For me, I'll choose a 1000. I know my bike costs money. I know my body donch like highsides. I control my right wrist.

I only can fully agree on this.

Exactly :giddy:

There's a bigger world out there.... :)

Not riding a litrebike because u live in sg is like coming across a million dollars,

and throwing away the other $999900 because ur wallet can only fit $100

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x23/Tyrael7/Bike/sig.jpg