SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motor Insurance

Ted

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me planning to buy a 2nd hand 2A bike, and planning to use NTUC Insurance, and using my father's name as 1st rider and me sub-rider. But my father only have a 2b license. Can that be done? :?

yes u can buy under yr dad name..

the ownership of the bike will be yr dad...

however yr dad onli own a 2b license, the quota may not be as low as expected...

:smile:

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3549/penguin.jpg

2001~04---> NSR-150SP(FT43**H), RXK(FD41**)

2004~06--> CBR-400RRR(FN31**R), RXK

2006~07 ---> CBR929RRY(FS35**C), RXK

2007~10 --> CBR929RRY, Wave125R(FY74**P)

2010~Present -> CBR1000RR10(FBE56**T), Wave125R

can. just indciate in your new proposal form that you have how much NCD. I called all the 3 companies for a quote and Mitsui is the lowest. $800 + compared to AXA's $1700+ and NTUC's $1300+.

A fool's pride makes him talk too much; a wise man's words protect him (Proverbs 14:3)

• 4 weeks later...

anyone noe if any insurance company still do TPFT for RVF. I'm 22yrs old and juz got my 2A. K&T claim tat they still can get for me TPFT from Mitsui (also dunnoe how cos many other bike shop claim Mitsui only provide third party now) for 1.1K.(like 4 class 2 bike) :cry:

http://powersports.honda.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/motorcycles/2005/CBR1000RR/LargeHoriz/CBR1000RR_large_03.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

my cousin passed me his phantom, he juz renew insurance on the 5th of jan.

wad documents do i nid to present if i wanna be his sub rider?

its a ntuc one btw.. thanks!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Originally posted by ah tiang@Jan 7 2004, 10:05 AM

my cousin passed me his phantom, he juz renew insurance on the 5th of jan.

wad documents do i nid to present if i wanna be his sub rider?

its a ntuc one btw.. thanks!

if ur cousin is doing it for u he had to go where he renew the insurance just tell him ur nirc number ,name and date of birth will do by words.

need to pay $25 for adding sub rider for his case .

if u are doing u had to bring the paperwork for him to sign then pass to the insurance agent :smile:

http://sticker.eepz.org/albums/digital-print-album/lap_top.sized.jpg

Originally posted by yoshi@Jan 7 2004, 12:09 PM

if ur cousin is doing it for u he had to go where he renew the insurance just tell him ur nirc number ,name and date of birth will do by words.

need to pay $25 for adding sub rider for his case .

if u are doing u had to bring the paperwork for him to sign then pass to the insurance agent :smile:

i will be going down to the insurance co on behalf of my cousin...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a158/ronnyz/img4632dd74849fe.jpg

Originally posted by ah tiang@Jan 7 2004, 12:30 PM

i will be going down to the insurance co on behalf of my cousin...

if u doing bring ur cousin ic and the paper form inusrance cover alone then the insurance agent will fill up the necessary details then u bring it for your cousin to sign then bring back will do

im goin to buy a bike from a private owner soon.. regarding the insurance, my current bike is under my uncle name, me wana sell dis bike soon.. but im also gettin e new bike by next week using my uncle name too :sweat: .. can i juz refund my current bike insurance and get an insurance 4 my new bike?? btw if i am goin to the insurance company, do i need just to bring his IC, he need not come rite??

help!! :confused:

thks in advance!

im goin to buy a bike from a private owner soon.. regarding the insurance, my current bike is under my uncle name, me wana sell dis bike soon.. but im also gettin e new bike by next week using my uncle name too .. can i juz refund my current bike insurance and get an insurance 4 my new bike?? btw if i am goin to the insurance company, do i need just to bring his IC, he need not come rite??

help!!

thks in advance!

if you are under NTUC Income den the person insured muz go along with u.

because they need to see the IC also.

bringing along the IC i'm not quite sure.

u can try calling any of the branches to ask.

hope i did help u somehow :sweat:

Think before you speed, cameras are all over the place now

Originally posted by sonnyerikson@Jan 7 2004, 01:32 PM

im goin to buy a bike from a private owner soon.. regarding the insurance, my current bike is under my uncle name, me wana sell dis bike soon.. but im also gettin e new bike by next week using my uncle name too :sweat: .. can i juz refund my current bike insurance and get an insurance 4 my new bike?? btw if i am goin to the insurance company, do i need just to bring his IC, he need not come rite??

help!! :confused:

thks in advance!

my sub rider do it for me once i neevr go down ,the troublesome is my sub rider pass me the paper work for me to sign .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deganduss

:sweat: There are riders who have been riding for more than 30 yrs with zero claim and are paying higher premium than when he 1st rode a bike, just bcos of others who are involved in accident, all pay more.

Good system ha, across the board, safe or not safe rider all pay almost the same.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by deganduss@Jan 17 2004, 07:20 AM

:sweat: There are riders who have been riding for more than 30 yrs with zero claim and are paying higher premium than when he 1st rode a bike, just bcos of others who are involved in accident, all pay more.

Good system ha, across the board, safe or not safe rider all pay almost the same.

All the bad riders quit long time ago because their premium too high liao...

<span style=\'font-family:Ariel\'>The Difference between Men and Boys is that the Boys think the size of their Motorcycles has something to do with being a man.

Iron Butt Association#23842

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slow-turtle

Anyone have any idea whether Mitsui take Aprilia 125 insurance?

Pricing?

Please help as I'm currently using NTUC 3rd party for $570.

Of course I'm riding the 2nd year and I'm under age of 21.

Someone please help, Thanks!

Originally posted by jingle@Feb 23 2004, 11:41 AM

Do NTUC take SP?

Heard that NTUC no longer do insurance for SP, dunnoe if it's rumours or the truth.

Call 2_wheelers

any one riding S4 and GSXRR??? can i check how much is the insurance for a 25yr old with 2yrs riding experience. Thanks:cheeky:

'02~'13 ::: RXK, SP, Daystar, TA150, S4 VtecII, Nissan March, VtecIII, R6, Dr200SEY, VerS, F650GS, HayabusaY2K, Honda Fit, Gilera Runner180FXR, toyota vios, DR200SES, BlackMax

NOW ::: DR200SE, Versys, Mitsubishi Lancer

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by nismoS132@Aug 19 2003, 02:59 PM

never ever ever renew your insurance at motoshops.

hi..i would like to pop a questn also.My insurance expiring this month i guess most probably i extend it to coincide with my rd tax date. My doubts are as per the rest of them is do shops really keep track on whether we renew our insurance or not.They always tell us to come back there which after iv done my own research its really sky high. My bike is under HP and its not a brand new bike....I would like to renew some other insure co...Possible??? I try to find in the clause of the agreement , it doesnt states that you cant renew somewhere else.:help:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Andy@Apr 17 2003, 01:05 AM

Every user of a motor vehicle in Singapore must have in force an insurance policy with provides him or her with indemnity for legal liabilities arising out of death of bodily injuries in connection with the use of motor vehicle on the road. It is illegal to drive or be in charge of a vehicle on a public road without a Motor Insurance policy.

The law which governs compulsory Third Party Insurance for death and bodily injuries is the Motor Vehicles (Third Party riak and Compensation) Act 1980. the insurance as required under this Act must provide indemnity for:

a. death or bodily injuries of a third party up to an unlimited amount; and

b. rider's legal liability towards their pillion.

In accordance with the Act, a policy must be taken up with an approved insurer in Singapore and a Certificate of Insurance must be obtained from the insurance, otherwise the insurance policy purchased shall be of no effect.

There are three types of insurance covers available in the market.

a. Third party only (also know as 3rd party for motordiam)

This cover provides indemnity for:

1. death or bodily injuries to third parties and/or bodily injuries only to third parties and/or pillion.

2. damage to third party's property.

b. Third party, fire & theft (also know as 2nd party for motordiam)

1. death or bodily injuries to third parties and/or bodily injuries only to third parties and/or pillion.

3. loss of or damage to the insured's vehicle due to fire or theft.

c. Comprehensive (also know as 1st party for motordiam)

3. loss of or damage to the insured's vehicle due to fire or theft.

4. accidental and malicious damage to the insured vehicle.

Thanks to 2_wheeler for this contribution of information. :thumb:

Hmmm then normally first timers who buy a bike need to get which insurance scheme? Which party sia...so many party....blurz! :help:

2006 - Honda SP 150

2008 - Piaggio X8

2009 - Honda Silverwing 400???

2011 - Yamaha FJR 1300???