SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[CLOSED] SBF Yamaha Spark135

artattackone

Hi, jus to ask. Anyone tried to compare the meter reading wif bigger bike to test the meter reading? Like my y125z, differences of abt 15 to 20. How abt spark 135? I also feel like changing to spark 135, sian of my y125z liao, loud and smoky, haaa.....Maybe wil go BP to check out much they wil take in for my bike, or any of you guys have friends interested in buying y125z, can let me know also, heee,,,thanks.

Any1 knows the lastest plate number now, saw a FBA 5 hundred plus on road liao. And is it true that to bid for a number plate minium price is $1000, same as car?

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by scykoe@Jan 28 2006, 09:59 PM

1) Illusions - Pearl White - FBAxxH - Sembawang

2) Bambino - Pearl White - FBAxxU - Serangoon North

3) scykoe (on the way) - Pearl White - FX???X - Tampines

hey dude thanks for starting the list man!!!

sorry i did not see it earlier:cheeky:

Originally posted by 180@Jan 30 2006, 01:58 PM

Hi, jus to ask. Anyone tried to compare the meter reading wif bigger bike to test the meter reading? Like my y125z, differences of abt 15 to 20. How abt spark 135? I also feel like changing to spark 135, sian of my y125z liao, loud and smoky, haaa.....Maybe wil go BP to check out much they wil take in for my bike, or any of you guys have friends interested in buying y125z, can let me know also, heee,,,thanks.

Any1 knows the lastest plate number now, saw a FBA 5 hundred plus on road liao. And is it true that to bid for a number plate minium price is $1000, same as car?

hi bro... i think most of us still running in at this moment..i think only illusions can answer this question. hahaha...

Originally posted by 180@Jan 30 2006, 01:58 PM

Yo~ Yeah i tried my 110km/hr with Bambino's car, its equals to his 90km/hr+. :)

UPDATES:

Today tried top speed at SLE, 130km/hr, stable but light, must grip and stay still, vibrations not that bad coz i pumped up my tyre pressure at 200psi front back. And FYI i weigh 100kg, lighter riders can expect a higher hit. 130km/hr is provided the road is smooth and no slope. STOCK! Imagine having a better tyre and pipes and sprockets!! heehee Shiok.

http://www.maplestory.com.sg/images/info/ms_monster.gif

Originally posted by illusions@Jan 31 2006, 01:44 PM

Yo~ Yeah i tried my 110km/hr with Bambino's car, its equals to his 90km/hr+. :)

UPDATES:

Today tried top speed at SLE, 130km/hr, stable but light, must grip and stay still, vibrations not that bad coz i pumped up my tyre pressure at 200psi front back. And FYI i weigh 100kg, lighter riders can expect a higher hit. 130km/hr is provided the road is smooth and no slope. STOCK! Imagine having a better tyre and pipes and sprockets!! heehee Shiok.

more precise should be 97-100 :lovestruck:

wah...diz bike not bad sia...thinkin of sellin my wr2 fer diz bike...but maybe a few mthz dwn da rd...still wanna enjoy sum dirt ridin...probably b4 i go ns...or maybe get as a side bike if got spare cash...can save $$ due to da very gd fc...btw...da rear drum can convert to disc..? will sure look lovely wif dual disc...n better braking i guess...how much will it coz fer da conversion..? thanx in advance...

Originally posted by A7X@Jan 31 2006, 06:23 PM

wah...diz bike not bad sia...thinkin of sellin my wr2 fer diz bike...but maybe a few mthz dwn da rd...still wanna enjoy sum dirt ridin...probably b4 i go ns...or maybe get as a side bike if got spare cash...can save $$ due to da very gd fc...btw...da rear drum can convert to disc..? will sure look lovely wif dual disc...n better braking i guess...how much will it coz fer da conversion..? thanx in advance...

So far non of us had checked out yet, not sure weather have conversion parts also anot. Will update when i got the info.

But now u're riding scram, when u change u gotta get used to the speed lor, heehee good fc but not that good speed lah, kups in general. :) Gota mod it up abit!

Originally posted by SSR@Feb 1 2006, 03:55 PM

Check with Ban Hong. T 135 with clutch coming end of Feb. quoted 4.5 K.

The bike look good but tank a bit small. sign ... why dun they not make it a 5L ?

i tot with clutch is already out liao? i saw before at one motordiam at cck there.. forgot its name liao.. or i see wrongly.. :confused:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/205650/images/300x200/2848almeriaij070-01.jpg

..i lovin' it..:thumb:

Originally posted by etky85@Feb 1 2006, 10:12 PM

i tot with clutch is already out liao? i saw before at one motordiam at cck there.. forgot its name liao.. or i see wrongly.. :confused:

Izzit ... I only ask Ban Hock so far. dun know if bike production have it or not? Like to get the bike soon ...cannot wait to get that bike :>

Originally posted by 180@Feb 3 2006, 06:58 PM

Jus went down to bike production, they do have clutch version, come in pearl white, blue and purple.

so what price is Bike production selling ? hmmm must go BP see see look look liao

Originally posted by illusions@Feb 1 2006, 09:48 PM

So far non of us had checked out yet, not sure weather have conversion parts also anot. Will update when i got the info.

But now u're riding scram, when u change u gotta get used to the speed lor, heehee good fc but not that good speed lah, kups in general. :) Gota mod it up abit!

ahakz...scram only pickupz r good...but diz cup can hit 160 n still stable...gd enuff already...s`pore wanna run until like how..? my wr2 max speed shud be arnd 120-140...coz of da geometry n stuffz...also da bike already vibratin like crazy at dat speed...

Originally posted by phatmonsta@Feb 5 2006, 02:07 AM

errmm....the bike max load really 110 kilo ar?? i 113kilo leh...how??

anyways the bike quite chio leh....thinking of buying.....

Aiyah can one lah, the paper only reccommend below 110kg lah, but who cares? hahaha

Originally posted by A7X@Feb 4 2006, 01:47 PM

ahakz...scram only pickupz r good...but diz cup can hit 160 n still stable...gd enuff already...s`pore wanna run until like how..? my wr2 max speed shud be arnd 120-140...coz of da geometry n stuffz...also da bike already vibratin like crazy at dat speed...

Yah lah kup's 120km/hr is actually 100-105km/hr nia.

Hmmmmmm

Originally posted by phatmonsta@Feb 5 2006, 02:07 AM

errmm....the bike max load really 110 kilo ar?? i 113kilo leh...how??

anyways the bike quite chio leh....thinking of buying.....

dude i m heavier thn u leh hehehe

hi,

new here

i'm riding a blue spark 135 wif clutch

juz got it yesterday

still running in ,

mind sharing wif me how to run in properly???

i'm keeping my max speed to 80km/hr and did not drag gears,

changing about every 15km/h

is it ok???

jus reach 120 km mileage, planning to change EO at 200

is it ok or i have to change now???

roughtly wat mileage do i have to change EO during running period???

was previously riding SP so i know nuts about running in .

anyway , wat changes have u made to your bike already??

anyone install sound system already ???

thinking of installing one....

Hi.

Thinking of getting a new spark 135 but got a few questions.

Which do you all recommend, with or w/o clutch? Heard Clutch version no e-start?

How you all run in?

Are there any sport rims available for this bike? Cos not really good to run around in tubed tyres right? Later punctured cannot ride liaoz?

Hi,

I'm new to Singapore. I just got my 2B license (converted from foreign license).

I'm planning to buy the Yamaha Spark 135.

Can you recommend a good dealer for this bike?

I called Hong Leong and they qouted me $3460 for the bike alone.

Other questions I have.

1. A good place to buy a Helmet?

2. What is IU?

Thanks,

Bogs

Originally posted by 135spark@Feb 6 2006, 04:39 PM

hi,

new here

i'm riding a blue spark 135 wif clutch

juz got it yesterday

still running in ,

mind sharing wif me how to run in properly???

i'm keeping my max speed to 80km/hr and did not drag gears,

changing about every 15km/h

is it ok???

jus reach 120 km mileage, planning to change EO at 200

is it ok or i have to change now???

roughtly wat mileage do i have to change EO during running period???

was previously riding SP so i know nuts about running in .

anyway , wat changes have u made to your bike already??

anyone install sound system already ???

thinking of installing one....

Ok friend, here's some tips to share about running in.

The speed yeah ride 80km/hr below until you hit 800km, then ok liao.

Do your engine oil change 3 times, when your mileage hits:

-800km

-1600km

-2400km

respectively. After which, u can do your normal servicing every 3000km.

Use miniral based or semi-synthetic oils during your running in period, try to avoid fully-synthetic for the moment, coz your engine needs rougher oils to season the engine.

:cheer:

Originally posted by lamerass85@Feb 6 2006, 05:53 PM

Hi.

Thinking of getting a new spark 135 but got a few questions.

Which do you all recommend, with or w/o clutch? Heard Clutch version no e-start?

How you all run in?

Are there any sport rims available for this bike? Cos not really good to run around in tubed tyres right? Later punctured cannot ride liaoz?

Yo!! Hock Kim Leong quoted me sport rims + tyres at $220.

:cheer:

Originally posted by btarroja@Feb 6 2006, 06:01 PM

Hi,

I'm new to Singapore. I just got my 2B license (converted from foreign license).

I'm planning to buy the Yamaha Spark 135.

Can you recommend a good dealer for this bike?

I called Hong Leong and they qouted me $3460 for the bike alone.

Other questions I have.

1. A good place to buy a Helmet?

2. What is IU?

Thanks,

Bogs

Yo! Welcome to the spark 135's den! heehee

$3460 is a good price!

IU is the cashcard machine for you to use, when you enter ERP zones and town etc. U can op to fix it or not. But now many ERP gantries are up, so its wise to have one installed.

You can buy helmets at Lim Ah Boy, the address is Kelantan Lane, off Jalan Besar Road. Near Sim Lim Tower. 80% of singapore riders got theirs from there.

Thanks Illusions!

I have another question for anyone.

Regarding "Semi Automatic Transmission", what will happen if I stop and I don't shift to Neutral?

To rephrase, should I shift to neutral whenever I stop. Then shift to 1st gear the moment I go forward?

Or could I put to first gear during stop and just hold the breaks?

Thanks Again,

Bogs

Originally posted by btarroja@Feb 6 2006, 11:21 PM

Thanks Illusions!

I have another question for anyone.

Regarding "Semi Automatic Transmission", what will happen if I stop and I don't shift to Neutral?

To rephrase, should I shift to neutral whenever I stop. Then shift to 1st gear the moment I go forward?

Or could I put to first gear during stop and just hold the breaks?

Thanks Again,

Bogs

Yo! You're welcome!

For the gear you're talking abt, when u come to a stop at let's say 4th gear, it doesn't matter, it's engine will not stall, so don't worry. Just shift back to gear 1 to standby, no need to go neutral. In other words, its a very fool proof bike. Straight forward, sweet and short.

You will only engage neutral when you need to park your bike.

And lastly, the braking will not affect anything to your gears etc.