SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gilera Fuoco 500 - 2009 /2010

Slinkykat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi mate - sorry for the confusion - Operations is on unit 02-23 & Show room is on unit 03-22 EastLink Building.

Thank you for your visit & it was great to have been able to chat with you.

Thanks for the chat too, it was great getting an introduction to the various products available in your showroom, and for showing me in detail the mods you have on your bike.

Reconditioned and charged the battery successfully and went for a good ride yesterday...seems so much more powerful now...!!!

:p

Looking for ways to charge the car battery now...hoping for the same "miracle" feel...! Haha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi echris, they are a pair of HID lights. Wrapped up so it's legal in SG. Unwrapped outside SG.

http://www.coolbulbs.com/HIDKits_body.asp

Hi Derrick,

Are the light wraps custom-made or an accessory from the lamp manufacturer? What material is it?

Am guessing the lights are on a separate switch, are they cabled direct to the battery?

Thanks!

What's the top speed for Fuoco 500?? 170kph not a problem right??

The new 2013 Piaggio MP3 Business/ Sport 500 and Piaggio X10 500 should be using the same engine as well....

"---- Still trying to lose weight ----"

Class 2B: 20 Oct 2011

Class 2A: 04 Jan 2013

Class 2: 01 Apr 2014

Class 3: 05 Mar 2012

Class 4: 24 Mar 2015

PPCDL: 06 Sept 2012

Hi Derrick,

Are the light wraps custom-made or an accessory from the lamp manufacturer? What material is it?

Am guessing the lights are on a separate switch, are they cabled direct to the battery?

Thanks!

Hi Tri Mix,

The light wraps are custom made at $60 a pair. It's done at Beauty World Plaza. 2nd floor. It's a family owned Motor vehicle seat wrapper. Craftsmanship is top notch, better than the jalan besar ones, who only know how to wrap and staple. They design and stitch to your customized specifications. It's a pretty tucked away shop, and living near them for 23 years, only recently got to know them. They like to keep a low profile, but are nice and skillful people. Many types of materials to choose from, my light wrap is synthetic leather. Say hi to the kitty for me if you go visit! :p

Lights are on separate switch, any motor shop who does led lights on motorcycles, will be able to hook up the electrical system easily. The HID lights runs on 12volts, but has a electronic ballast which ramps it up to 23000volts (not a typo), which fires up the HID lamp.

Cheers!

Derrick

The new 2013 Piaggio MP3 Business/ Sport 500 and Piaggio X10 500 should be using the same engine as well....

Have tried 150km/h safely. 170km/h not sure. Last time bike, Ducati 999 hit 150km/h on 1st gear no problem.

It's a 500cc maxi scooter. No comparison to 999cc superbike. 999cc superbike no comparision to 800cc motogp bike--> Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 800cc @ 338.6 km/h 2009 Qatar. http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/145455/1/qatar_motogp_800cc_top_speed_beats_990_best.html

Ride Safe 3 Wheelers!

Derrick

Edited by derricklimes

Have tried 150km/h safely. 170km/h not sure. Last time bike, Ducati 999 hit 150km/h on 1st gear no problem.

It's a 500cc maxi scooter. No comparison to 999cc superbike. 999cc superbike no comparision to 800cc motogp bike--> Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 800cc @ 338.6 km/h 2009 Qatar. http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/145455/1/qatar_motogp_800cc_top_speed_beats_990_best.html

Ride Safe 3 Wheelers!

Derrick

Hey guys, been wanting to get a Fuoco...but wondering, hows the storage like? Underseat and is there any glove boxes???

And hows the maintenace for the scooter, ie, engine oil, belt etc....Hows the fuel consumption?

Thanks alot....oh yes, Can the bike maintain a cruising speed of 120km/h with pillion and luggage without stressing the engine?/:angel:

WR200"SM" Rockstar, X1R "BumbleBee", R "Lek Chek" 135, "Ah Pee La" RS 125

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd397/Mandonut/ff514f46.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I believed these questions has been surfaced many threads back. I just got a new Fuoco 500 for leisure ride and i am new to this forum.

Can i check where is a good place for me to soup up the bike. Exhuast, lightings, etc.

Thanks

Costa

Hi Guys , anybody here has got a givi topbox installed? I ordered a trk52n but am not sure how to get it on my future fuoco.... I asked a few shops some say can just put on bike no need rack...some tell me must order base plate plus bracket....really wonder which is which....>___

I did my research and seems like there's a givi e710 rear plate then can be easily fitted onto the fuoco and my trk52 box can then go on it....wonder if anyone can confirm that? many thanks !!!

Hi all,

I got a brand new Fuoco 2 weeks ago and i rarely use it as i am driving as well. Was a bit disappointed when i got the bike i waited for months as the matt black i got is not fully black for the entire bike. The front and rear alu rails are powder coated in silver.

Any recommendation of bike shops that can dismantle them and either respray or powder coat them to black or red?

Thanks a million. Hope to meet up with fellow Fuoco and 3 wheelers kakis for some knowledge sharing as well.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

Costa

94272929/2828

Hi all,

I got a brand new Fuoco 2 weeks ago and i rarely use it as i am driving as well. Was a bit disappointed when i got the bike i waited for months as the matt black i got is not fully black for the entire bike. The front and rear alu rails are powder coated in silver.

Any recommendation of bike shops that can dismantle them and either respray or powder coat them to black or red?

Thanks a million. Hope to meet up with fellow Fuoco and 3 wheelers kakis for some knowledge sharing as well.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all.

Costa

94272929/2828

Bro can try:

219 Motor Shop

Add

:

217 Lavender Street

Singapore 338772

Tel

:

+65 62977225,+65 62967238

Website

:

www.219motorshop.com.sg

Email

:

yahoo[/mention].com.sg"]motorshop_219@yahoo.com.sg

Operating Hours

:

Mon - Sat: 11.00 am to 8.30 pm (Closed on sundays)

Hi Guys , anybody here has got a givi topbox installed? I ordered a trk52n but am not sure how to get it on my future fuoco.... I asked a few shops some say can just put on bike no need rack...some tell me must order base plate plus bracket....really wonder which is which....>___

I did my research and seems like there's a givi e710 rear plate then can be easily fitted onto the fuoco and my trk52 box can then go on it....wonder if anyone can confirm that? many thanks !!!

Bro , yes u need the givi base plate and rack. Fuoco doesn't have any thing to mount givi box at the back. Go Lim Ah Boy 23 Kelantan Lane #01-03 Singapore 208642 Tel: 62967914 or Chiap Lee Co. 590 Serangoon Road Singapore 218204 Tel : 65-6-294-6550 for rack and mounting services.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum. I'm considering buying the fuoco but 2 issues issues:

1) I heard the tilt lock system tends to give trouble (also on MP3s), be it the relay or the hydraulic itself. What's your experienc?

2) this current Fuoco model has been around since 2007, a bit long in the tooth. And there has been no updates whatsoever over the past 5-6 years except for minor colour changes. British riders from modernvespa forum have even confirmed with their Piaggio dealers there that no new Fuocos are coming to the UK market for 2013. Is this a sign that the current Fuoco is on the verge of being discontinued, or a successor new model is imminent? ADH, the Singapore distributor, is not commenting on this. What's your opinion?

Bro , yes u need the givi base plate and rack. Fuoco doesn't have any thing to mount givi box at the back. Go Lim Ah Boy 23 Kelantan Lane #01-03 Singapore 208642 Tel: 62967914 or Chiap Lee Co. 590 Serangoon Road Singapore 218204 Tel : 65-6-294-6550 for rack and mounting services.

thanks for the info~! I ordered the rack finally....Regina says have to ship from overseas and will take a mth! Will be getting my new bike this sat ... Guess i'll be box-less for a while... Hope the under seat storage can hold abit of my barang for now....>___