SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Raizin Voltage Stabilizers..

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Techically U R right - but i think now is very common to have VVTI ( variable transmission ) so u hv constant "Drive" - anyway if u like so if gear 1 "D" is engage in a automatic car - the car does not move forward right ? Well maybe yr does - mine does not..

I think you are referring to Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) ? Those cars do not "creep" like conventional automatic transmission.

But if a car is designed not to "creep", I am not sure if it's a good thing if it does ?

I think you are referring to Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) ? Those cars do not "creep" like conventional automatic transmission.

But if a car is designed not to "creep", I am not sure if it's a good thing if it does ?

Yes, CVT is d correct term - thank u for helping me out here.

Well.... it is really very personal - some drivers will not like the "creeping" - some will. Unlike the older version of automatic trans - this creeping effect is much slower. :)

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Techically U R right - but i think now is very common to have VVTI ( variable transmission ) so u hv constant "Drive" - anyway if u like so if gear 1 "D" is engage in a automatic car - the car does not move forward right ? Well maybe yr does - mine does not..

weather your car moves off at 1st gear or not is due to your transmission's gear ratio and weight of your car... it have nothing to do with 1st gear or 'D' drive...

VVTI or not, all cars still have a transmission(with gears) weather manual or automatic.

the only auto trans that dun have gears are auto scooters...

Yes, CVT is d correct term - thank u for helping me out here.

Well.... it is really very personal - some drivers will not like the "creeping" - some will. Unlike the older version of automatic trans - this creeping effect is much slower. :)

the reason you dun feel the "creeping" feel when the car up-shifts, is because for CVT your trans is connected to the drive train not directly but through a belt. giving you a smoother up-shift.

Let's put it this way, we can conduct the tests, and if the facts are proven correct, what's in it for me to do all this? I can do it, fairly and squarely, if my time can be accounted and billed for, fair enough? You have a case to prove as you are a vendor that will benefit and is profiteering from the sale of these VS, wherelse I am just an engineer speaking on the facts at hand with no financial interest in this.

Simply said, in the event that the double blind, plaebo test does prove without a doubt, with measured data and facts, that the VS does not make a difference, you will compensate me fully for my time and labour I spent on the testing based on my current hourly consulting rate declared to IRAS AND you commit to make public the findings irregardless of who is right or wrong. In the event that I am proven wrong, I will compensate you according to your hourly rate also.

Strong Eagle, care to join us?

PS. You might have missed it, but I said before, I ALREADY ran tests on various "VS" already in past months. Go read my previous posts.

PPS. I have driven and have been driven in various automatic cars for many years, thank you. It seems many people here cannot read carefully, as I quote again in bold (FOR EXAMPLE) as the closest equvilent of the D gear on an automatic car is a gear 1 on a bike, I DID NOT say that Drive gear IS Gear 1:

I have no idea what you mean when you say that a car will not move when engaging from Neutral to Drive (ie. Gear 1); isn't that what the Drive gear is SUPPOSED to do? If shifting from Neutral to Gear 1 on a bike doesn't make my bike move, then what is it supposed to do?

Mate - like u said - u wan to conduct the test i will provide the VS. U hv a statement - now proof it. May i help u ?

I assume u dun drive (car) - well in a automatic car - u need to engage drive as in "D" which is mark on the gear box indicator. I am not talking abt Gear 1 (unless u are trying to confuse the readers here).

Pls laaa dun write so much abt testing - unless U can do it. May i Help U ?

I dun mean this as a pun - PLS SHOW ME - THE STATEMENT U MADE. "THIS SHOULD PUT TO REST ANY ARGUEMENTS ON THIS MATTER."

projectsenso.com - Asia's Entrepreneurs Community, bringing 1,241 entrepreneurs from Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines together!

Engineers speaking on behalf of public Vs. Salesman

2:0

haha off topic a lil but I thought all auto cars "D" gear car will move slowly even w/out stepping on the accelerator? correct me if i'm wrong ;)

Anyhow, here's some more facts I found off google; apparently there are other engineers who cannot stand along the sidelines while snake oil salesmen try to sell junk to the unwitting public.

http://www.fuelsaving.info/ (A well written, well documented findings site)

http://www.kirotv.com/consumer/2220354/detail.html (old 2003 news although imperical facts will stay as facts )

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/autos/aut10.shtm (US Government advisory)

Apparently almost everything both Strong Eagle and I mentioned is also in this page, go have a read:

http://www.fuelsaving.info/debunk.htm

projectsenso.com - Asia's Entrepreneurs Community, bringing 1,241 entrepreneurs from Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines together!

A.... Sorry what is "creep"??? in this statement , Cos now i driving a nissan sunny with the so call CVT. When i put into D, it will also move off like any other auto car without steping any gas into it.

A.... Sorry what is "creep"??? in this statement , Cos now i driving a nissan sunny with the so call CVT. When i put into D, it will also move off like any other auto car without steping any gas into it.

Don't worry there is nothing wrong with your car.

"Automakers have gone to great lengths to make the CVT feel more like a conventional transmission. Most CVTs are set up to creep forward when the driver takes his or her foot off the brake. This provides a similar feel to a conventional automatic, and serves as an indicator that the car is in gear. Other CVTs offer a "manual" mode that simulates manual gear changes "

Don't worry there is nothing wrong with your car.

"Automakers have gone to great lengths to make the CVT feel more like a conventional transmission. Most CVTs are set up to creep forward when the driver takes his or her foot off the brake. This provides a similar feel to a conventional automatic, and serves as an indicator that the car is in gear. Other CVTs offer a "manual" mode that simulates manual gear changes "

OIC, anyway that sunny it not mine, belong to the workshop, Cos was confuse when one member post that one such auto tran car wont move off when put into "D" but after put the VS it will move, as i always thought that as long as auto car, once you put into "D" it will move when you are not stepping on the brake.

OIC, anyway that sunny it not mine, belong to the workshop, Cos was confuse when one member post that one such auto tran car wont move off when put into "D" but after put the VS it will move, as i always thought that as long as auto car, once you put into "D" it will move when you are not stepping on the brake.

not all... as i mention, it all depends on the gear ratio and the weight of the car...

and some cars are design in such a way when engage to "D" drive, it goes in to 2nd gear instead.

not all... as i mention, it all depends on the gear ratio and the weight of the car...

and some cars are design in such a way when engage to "D" drive, it goes in to 2nd gear instead.

Orh, thanks for the clearification. Anyway back to topic. and i am off.

ooh... now professionals involved... and hourly charges applied..

is there any authorized agent (salesman) here who would employ such professionals to defend for the product ?

i believe many of us here are consumers (users) and already paid for and using the product... and have to pay out some more to test it ?

if that's the case.. u can count me out..

since i aint no expert, just waiting for see those-who-knows--already-tested-results.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

Let's put it this way, we can conduct the tests, and if the facts are proven correct, what's in it for me to do all this? I can do it, fairly and squarely, if my time can be accounted and billed for, fair enough? You have a case to prove as you are a vendor that will benefit and is profiteering from the sale of these VS, wherelse I am just an engineer speaking on the facts at hand with no financial interest in this.

Simply said, in the event that the double blind, plaebo test does prove without a doubt, with measured data and facts, that the VS does not make a difference, you will compensate me fully for my time and labour I spent on the testing based on my current hourly consulting rate declared to IRAS AND you commit to make public the findings irregardless of who is right or wrong. In the event that I am proven wrong, I will compensate you according to your hourly rate also.

PS. You might have missed it, but I said before, I ALREADY ran tests on various "VS" already in past months. Go read my previous posts.

PPS. I have driven and have been driven in various automatic cars for many years, thank you. It seems many people here cannot read carefully, as I quote again in bold (FOR EXAMPLE) as the closest equvilent of the D gear on an automatic car is a gear 1 on a bike, I DID NOT say that Drive gear IS Gear 1:

Point taken my noble engineer, if financial interest is a issue - I contribute S$100 for u to get yr test started - if u need more, start a fund raising Programe - there may be enuff supporters here.

No need to compensate me laaa, i may be a saleman but i can earn my

keeps honestly - If u r right - d world will call u a hero maaaa......

:)

Anyhow, here's some more facts I found off google; apparently there are other engineers who cannot stand along the sidelines while snake oil salesmen try to sell junk to the unwitting public.

http://www.fuelsaving.info/ (A well written, well documented findings site)

http://www.kirotv.com/consumer/2220354/detail.html (old 2003 news although imperical facts will stay as facts )

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/autos/aut10.shtm (US Government advisory)

Apparently almost everything both Strong Eagle and I mentioned is also in this page, go have a read:

http://www.fuelsaving.info/debunk.htm

History doesn't hv to reapeat itself. Even if it does, it might be a gd thing.

Some traditions, rituals & initiations are necessary. :thumb:

Strong Eagle,I agree to most of the things u said about the power and fuel consumption about the voltage stabilizers.

It doesn't really make sense to me how a electronic device connected to a battery can save fuel and increase power. That's absurd.

But what puzzles me is that how come after installing such a device, the vibrations are dampened ?

Care to share ur views on this ? This is something a dyno run can't prove.

Thanks and awaiting ur reply.

Well, who says the vibrations are dampened? It is all anecdotal evidence. A guy puts the device on his bike and says, "Gee, it is smoother." Folks who sell the device use this as "evidence" that the bike is smoother.

But, as with all the other claims, neither the manufacturer nor the retailer have carried out any tests. The vibration test would be easy using a couple of instruments that could be found in a university lab.

Fact is, if the bike were actually producing more power vibration would increase because you would get more 'bang' for each engine revolution. Engine vibration comes from 3 sources: The reciprocating mass of the pistons, a crankshaft/flywheel that is not perfectly in balance, and the shock wave produced by the fuel explosion.

I am unable to see how a VS can affect any of these elements but of course anyone who sells the VS can certainly prove me wrong by publishing the results of a vibration test.

I have run both mileage and dyno tests and could detect no difference with the VS.

To do this right, one would need to do the following:

Mileage - Select a number of bikes and have them compute fuel efficiency without the device over several tanks of petrol. Then issue the VS with half of them being placebos. Again, do several tanks and see the difference.

Dyno runs - Same bikes, with and without the VS. Dyno operator does not know whether the VS is installed or not for each run.

Brighter headlights - Lumen meter at fixed RPM should do the trick.

Less vibration - Vibration meter fixed to engine with and without device.

Smoother shifting??? - No idea how to check this out.

Faster throttle response - Need to define what this means. If quiker revs, should be able to show on dyno or other test equipment.

All in all, it would take multiple bikes of different models. To be done right would require engaging experts for an impartial review of process and results.

The sellers of the VS won't do this so long as people continue to buy the product without asking if it actually works.

I have run both mileage and dyno tests and could detect no difference with the VS.

To do this right, one would need to do the following:

Mileage - Select a number of bikes and have them compute fuel efficiency without the device over several tanks of petrol. Then issue the VS with half of them being placebos. Again, do several tanks and see the difference.

Dyno runs - Same bikes, with and without the VS. Dyno operator does not know whether the VS is installed or not for each run.

Brighter headlights - Lumen meter at fixed RPM should do the trick.

Less vibration - Vibration meter fixed to engine with and without device.

Smoother shifting??? - No idea how to check this out.

Faster throttle response - Need to define what this means. If quiker revs, should be able to show on dyno or other test equipment.

All in all, it would take multiple bikes of different models. To be done right would require engaging experts for an impartial review of process and results.

The sellers of the VS won't do this so long as people continue to buy the product without asking if it actually works.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

this thing is endless n pointless.

why not look at the functional/technicality of it's use when hooked across the battery.

to my understanding, it is acting like a bypass.

in other words, if the battery is fully charged, the current will bypass it thus send power other electrical units in the system.

if so then it will amplify lightings, efficient powering ignition coil n sparks, etc.

correct me if i'm wrong.