SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hohoho. Hope it not the Carb valve broke inside. else need to overhalt top le.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/soundless81/SwimmingSession.jpg

Apr 2006 ~ Current - Toyota Altis 1.6A

Apr 2010 ~ Current - X9 500(Big Bulb-大ç¯æ³¡)

May 2010 ~ Current - 150cc ET8(Little Lamb)

Oct 2010 ~ Oct 2012 - FZ6S2(肥仔六)

Oct 2012 ~ Current - ZG1400(鸡踢鸭)

Inside the carb, that is a sliding valve float that is make of metal. Due to wear and tear, the valve will chip off /broke. The chip/broken pieces will drop into your piston area, which will cause the valve to bent/leakage. Once all 4 valve bent, the engine will lost compression and lost power and slowly to a halt.

Hope that won`t happen. This case happen on a few gilera/Piaggio LDR engine.Like X9, X8, Runner VXR, ETC.... Please do check with bike shop and replaced after about 20-30k mileage.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/soundless81/SwimmingSession.jpg

Apr 2006 ~ Current - Toyota Altis 1.6A

Apr 2010 ~ Current - X9 500(Big Bulb-大ç¯æ³¡)

May 2010 ~ Current - 150cc ET8(Little Lamb)

Oct 2010 ~ Oct 2012 - FZ6S2(肥仔六)

Oct 2012 ~ Current - ZG1400(鸡踢鸭)

Inside the carb, that is a sliding valve float that is make of metal. Due to wear and tear, the valve will chip off /broke. The chip/broken pieces will drop into your piston area, which will cause the valve to bent/leakage. Once all 4 valve bent, the engine will lost compression and lost power and slowly to a halt.

Hope that won`t happen. This case happen on a few gilera/Piaggio LDR engine.Like X9, X8, Runner VXR, ETC.... Please do check with bike shop and replaced after about 20-30k mileage.

That actually happened to one of my friends....hahaha carburetor sliders are damn dangerous, have to check them frequently as to prevent engine damages.

[

As topic

was able to start my gilera, then rode off for about 20m then suddenly

the bike keep decelerating and finally come to a stop and i couldn't start my bike anymore after that.

any ideas of what to do or how to get it fix?

do i need to get it towed?

Don't be afraid...maybe it's your spark plug? Or maybe the cable loose? Got water inside petrol tank?

[

starting he say cdi spoil cos the light on the meter stopped blinking

then he used his cdi, the bike can start liao...

he say if wanna replace cdi need my master key and cdi cost $280

i jitao SIAN..... so expensive...

then he say nt confirm, check properly first mayb other parts.

i was thinking since he used his cdi can, i used mine can't start, MUST be cdi spoil...

then after thorough checking... +service carburettor, become dunnoe wat plug or coil spoil,

the plug or coil = $50

bikebulance =$25

carburetor service = $30

Engine oil, the normal cheap one = $22

oil filter = $15

total damage =$142

sibeh sian........ even though its not $300++ if change cdi, $142 also sibeh sian when you are just using the bike to save money on transport.

Things just need to suck before it gets better

May I know which part are you referring to exactly? The float valve, which allows and restricts fuel flow into the float bowl, or the sliding diaphragm, which holds the jet needle?

Also, if I do valve clearance, can I be sure that these small bits of metal is removed too? How much does clearing valve roughly costs?

bro,wat type u riding??VXR, RST or ST.???coz i've experience the same thing 2 days ago whereby my engine "stall" in the middle of the road...got scared bt still remained calm....hehehe...set my carb timing n everything got back to normal...hehe...den changed my oil filter coz i hv not change it during my EO change tht day....total spend $16 for Oil Filter....no labour charge as fix by myself:D

376747_10150445940699560_19154214559_8173274_1306091283_n.jpg

Once an Italian. Always an Italian.

Senyum-Senyum Selalu...:D

FiR.

*latest problem*

hi need serious help,

now my gilera vxr 200, the engine will slowly die off by itself when i stop throttling.

i've tried to throttle until the temperature bar is at 4, but still, the engine will slowly die off by itself once i stop throttling.

how??? how much need to waste this time? seriously enuff is enuff....

gt people recommend macpherson there to check, by botak, ok bo?

i always go taihin but dunnoe got kena con anot.

Things just need to suck before it gets better

Hey Gilera experts, any bros n sis here riding Gilera and care to give some tips abt this bike..I mean wat are the things to lookout for eg. wear n tear parts or unwanted sounds coming out from the engine etc..Juz abt any basic information abt this bike will surely help me and maybe those who are thinking abt getting this bike..Thanks alot.. :cheer: :cheers:

Previous machine:-

1996-1997:KTM125EGS

4Mths of 1998:MBX125 (After that rest awhile after near fatal accident..)

4Mths of 1999:APRILIA RS125 (Sold away,lousy bike!)

2002-2003:XR400RW (Stock FP Plate)

2003-2005:XR400RY (FR Plate..Parts includes a-loop tank seat and skin industries graphics,FMF increased horsepower headers,black excel rims,gold anodised hubs,sharp tail,acerbis plastics,K&N filters,high bend taper bar,rare Cycra headlights,devol guards,devol linkage,gold o-ring chains and afam colour sprocket,TrakMaster tyres..)

Now riding VARADERO 1000XL (FT Plate)

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/223/myvarajj7.jpg

LOUD PIPE SAVES LIVES..UNLESS THEY ARE DEAF..

To me, maintaining the transmission parts is the most important thing to do. If you are riding the 06 Gilera model onwards, be wary of the petrol tank seal as the manufacturing fault of the scooter allows water to get in easily which will result in bad acceleration and unwanted breakdowns.

As for the transmission parts, rollers to be replace averagely every 6000km - 7000km in mileage.

Grease the variator and other parts (one that holds all 6 rollers) that are in touch with the gears.

Sand the inner surface of the clutch bell to prevent slipping of clutch.

Sand the 3 outer black layers of the clutch so as to keep the clutch and bell intact for better gripping during accelerations.

Use chain lubes to lubricate the starter motor.

And also use petrol or any sort of degreaser together with a brush to get rid of dust and dirt from your transmission parts and covers.

These are the basics. Unlike a normal gear bike, it's abit harder to maintain this bike on your own unless if you have a compressor or another buddy to help you with dismantling the transmission cover a.k.a the crankcase averagely every 3000km - 4000km.

[

To me, maintaining the transmission parts is the most important thing to do. If you are riding the 06 Gilera model onwards, be wary of the petrol tank seal as the manufacturing fault of the scooter allows water to get in easily which will result in bad acceleration and unwanted breakdowns.

As for the transmission parts, rollers to be replace averagely every 6000km - 7000km in mileage.

Grease the variator and other parts (one that holds all 6 rollers) that are in touch with the gears.

Sand the 3 outer black layers of the clutch so as to keep the clutch and bell intact for better gripping during accelerations.

And also use petrol or any sort of degreaser together with a brush to get rid of dust and dirt from your transmission parts and covers.

These are the basics. Unlike a normal gear bike, it's abit harder to maintain this bike on your own unless if you have a compressor or another buddy to help you with dismantling the transmission cover a.k.a the crankcase averagely every 3000km - 4000km.

Gee, that is sure alot of werk to maintain a Gilera..But do u know any bike shop that can do all these servicing for u?

Coz a newbie like me sure can't do all these without observing it how to do it 1st time..:?

Previous machine:-

1996-1997:KTM125EGS

4Mths of 1998:MBX125 (After that rest awhile after near fatal accident..)

4Mths of 1999:APRILIA RS125 (Sold away,lousy bike!)

2002-2003:XR400RW (Stock FP Plate)

2003-2005:XR400RY (FR Plate..Parts includes a-loop tank seat and skin industries graphics,FMF increased horsepower headers,black excel rims,gold anodised hubs,sharp tail,acerbis plastics,K&N filters,high bend taper bar,rare Cycra headlights,devol guards,devol linkage,gold o-ring chains and afam colour sprocket,TrakMaster tyres..)

Now riding VARADERO 1000XL (FT Plate)

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/223/myvarajj7.jpg

LOUD PIPE SAVES LIVES..UNLESS THEY ARE DEAF..

• 3 weeks later...

1) GREASE the variator??!!

2) Sand the inner surface of the clutch bell to prevent slipping of clutch.(Sand as in sand smooth?????)

3) Sand the 3 outer black layers of the clutch so as to keep the clutch and bell intact for better gripping during accelerations.(Sand as in sand smooth?????)

Grease should not be in the variator at all! It should be grease free unless you want belt slippage. Sanding the variator? if sanding it smooth, be prepared for belt slippages too. if you are roughing it, it might provide more grip.

Clutch bell if u send it smooth, be prepared for clutch slip.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

True

Depending on wat variator ur using...basically only place grease shld touch is at the shaft area..BUT check which variator ur using...any other parts of variator shld be totally grease free.

Dun work.

Dun work

No comments

End of the day clean ur whole transmission regularly n ensure all pulleys r in gd condition. Check ALL O-rings n springs in the transmission

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Actually if normal riders, No wacking. the rollers and belt can last 12000km.

If wack alot, then better to replace earlier

Gease? My god, tis is not ur regular 2 stroke piaggio engine using original piaggio variator. All 4 strokes and malossi variators call for it to be bone dry. No grease. Else the roller will sticks. Then u will have the "stuck gear" feeling. Also, If yyou use non moly grease, over time, it will fling and end up comtaminating ur pilley face, rear clutch area. Clutch slip feel will occurs

Useless.

Useless, Unless u cut groves on the clutch shoe. But then if you do that, U will have more jerky respond, cos it will have more grip and u will loose the original small clutch slip that was design to be more street ridable and more comfort. Imagine everytime the clutch shoe engage, u will feel the pulling jerk.

pr course, this will depends how the grove is done.

Starter motor is usually sealed. If the motor is failing, I don't think any amount of grease will help. These are not starter motors of the 70s. I don't think it will help

I do that, But just make sure u avoid the seals, else if the seal kanna petrol. it will degrade and oil leak will occurs. I usually use a cloth and soak with petrol or degreaser to wipe clean instead.

Autotrans scooter. I notice that the autotrans will get noiser with age. So don't bother so much. It's normal wear and tear.

Another place to take note of is the rear pulley part. do grease the internal of the rear pulley. To do that, remove the rear clutch, the metal sleeve, and use moly base grease to grease the internal part, not the drive face, This will prolong the life of the rear pulley.

Gee, that is sure alot of werk to maintain a Gilera..But do u know any bike shop that can do all these servicing for u?

Coz a newbie like me sure can't do all these without observing it how to do it 1st time..:?

It's not as scary as u think.

Just make sure oil level is enough, battery ok can already

change oil every 3K

Change oil and oil filter every 6 K

Change belt, rollers, u-clips, transimission oil (small amount, cost like 3 bucks)

Clean filter, change plugs. and do what was mentioned.

All these can be done at the main bike shops that is mentioned at the forums.

Eg, Taihin, Future and sunrise. All these guys know what to do.

1) GREASE the variator??!!

2) Sand the inner surface of the clutch bell to prevent slipping of clutch.(Sand as in sand smooth?????)

3) Sand the 3 outer black layers of the clutch so as to keep the clutch and bell intact for better gripping during accelerations.(Sand as in sand smooth?????)

Grease should not be in the variator at all! It should be grease free unless you want belt slippage. Sanding the variator? if sanding it smooth, be prepared for belt slippages too. if you are roughing it, it might provide more grip.

Clutch bell if u send it smooth, be prepared for clutch slip.

Sorry, misinterpreted. What i meant was greasing the shaft where the variator is..lol...as sanding for the clutch bell, i meant sanding it vertically instead of horizontally (which follows the groove of the clutch bell).

[