SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

kk thanks, but woah $220? include belt izzit?

anyway roughly how many km then u guys do full servicing? mine now only 9600km, i just feel unsafe, dun want a stupid problem to end my career.

i do not have the thing to cover my tank cover heard can cause lots of problem? how much is that piece of cloth to cover?

last question, there seems to be a problem with my bike leh..

it happens only on hot days and when i ride and accelerate alot.

when accelerating a sound "ORHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" can be heard? what is that?

Things just need to suck before it gets better

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12k km is ok. if u want 11k km also can.

Future selling 30+ or 40+ or cheaper?? i can't remember.. it's the leather thingy that they staple to ur body at the tank area.

might be clutch slip? not an expert but i'm having the same problem myself when accelerating slowly. "gemuk" from sunrise say it happens when ur bike is heated up.

hope this helps.

:D a P e K i N z :D

Yang paham, baguslah. Yg tak paham, minta maap ye!

• 3 weeks later...

i just bought a vxr 200 year 2007. its a fbb plate. all the stuff haven't modified yet la. so i need your opinion on what i should change..

1.(name of parts/where to buy it/price)

2.(name of parts/where to buy it/price)

3.(name of parts/where to buy it/price)

4.(name of parts/where to buy it/price)

thanks everyone! :thumb:

simple...

change engine oil.

change oil filter.

change gear oil.

change spark plug.

good to go.

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

guys need help.. i dunoe if dis prob common among gileras, my bike vxr200 06/07 urmm. when i closed throttle den open back again at slow speed like frm 16 - 17 - 18 - 19 - 20 , my bike will like "rattle" at the back making noise which is a head turner as ppl can hear it and that irritates me. anyone knows y? i donoe if u all term it as dragging but the back i dunoe from where, e tire will rattle (kgrrr kgrrrr sound) help please..

its not always rainBOWs and butterfLIEs, its compromise dat moves us along.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi pls advise me on servicing for my gilera SP180. How long should i change the belt, brakes and other misc items??? yearly or half a year..? thks alot alot

give and take belt last 15000km max with roller and u shoe change.

may have to renew pulley if worn by roller. brakes front can see from front thickness. back must remove exhaust and wheels to check .

thks pal thks alot then mine still long...

but bro u have to take into accnt if u just got ur sp, starting few mnths will be financially troubling.. coz its an old bike.. once ok then u will have a smooth sailing maintainance routine.. unless u got a gd seller that gives u info on the bike..

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

hi pls advise me on servicing for my gilera SP180. How long should i change the belt, brakes and other misc items??? yearly or half a year..? thks alot alot

give and take belt last 15000km max with roller and u shoe change.

may have to renew pulley if worn by roller. brakes front can see from front thickness. back must remove exhaust and wheels to check .

15000km for belt??...wat kinda belt last 15000km man

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi I jus did my servicing at future motoring. Friendly staff. took about 2 hours.

Serviced the gear oil

changed the belt, U-shoe and the swiches, spark plug and rollers

Also my carb cover worn out so the mech change a 2nd hand for me.

The mech tuned the bike before handing over to me.

Total cost $215

http://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2006/BMW_R1200GS_Adventure_acpz.jpg

1998 WR200 FR****M

2000 Hornet 250 FS****S

2007 Gilera SP FS****T

2007 Honda Super 4 Version S FQ****H

2008 Fazer 600S FZ****U

2009 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird FZ***U

2011 BMW GS 1200 Adventure FBB****H

2013 Gilera VXR 200 FBB****H

hi rezasmess , are u riding a SP180 too? do u have any problem with the coolant? water kept seeping out frm my coolant cap and i have to keep filling up the water inside... btw the fan behind the right vent will always be running right? or when temp too high??

No. it will run only to disperse heat.

Most probably your temp has passed the 3/4 mark?

Your coolant is spilling out and have to constantly keep filling? change a cap and check for coolant leaks. The rubber inside the cap has probably shrunk through the years. also, check if your coolant pump is still working.

My guess is, its most probably dead. To change that fan you need to open your engine to change that $20+ fan. but competent shops will be able to advise you on an alternative solution thus saving you money.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

hi rezasmess , are u riding a SP180 too? do u have any problem with the coolant? water kept seeping out frm my coolant cap and i have to keep filling up the water inside... btw the fan behind the right vent will always be running right? or when temp too high??

had the same problem as urs before.. change cap, arnd $15.. abt the fan, my fren did at MSM, the mech put a switch such that ur fan becomes manually controlled.. the mech will explain wen to on..

-death is a promise from god at birth-

-everyone dies, but only some lived-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As topic

was able to start my gilera, then rode off for about 20m then suddenly

the bike keep decelerating and finally come to a stop and i couldn't start my bike anymore after that.

any ideas of what to do or how to get it fix?

do i need to get it towed?

*latest problem*

hi need serious help,

now my gilera vxr 200, the engine will slowly die off by itself when i stop throttling.

i've tried to throttle until the temperature bar is at 4, but still, the engine will slowly die off by itself once i stop throttling.

how??? how much need to waste this time? seriously enuff is enuff....

Things just need to suck before it gets better