SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

hey guys, any idea how much would that cost for the front and rear calipers? And also where is it available at?

one way out is to go get an after market or 2nd hand one, go fabricate a bracket then mount. this way also much cheaper.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brembo dun make calipers for runner.

If u r interested, u may retrofit calipers for other makes on ur bike..usually only on the front. Rear wheel do not have enuff clearance

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey.. anybody noe why the temp meter is always blinking? any y is my bike always very hot even after a short ride.. the smoke from the exhaust is also very hot.. any advise?

What model gilera runner are u riding?

if ur riding the new model 06/07 digital meter, suspect ur digital meter is malfunction... if u ride ur scoot less than a year u can bring down to agent (Piaggio) for rectify... cheers~

.::ModPedz::.

shahrum32, please bear in mind that for 4-stroke, there should be NO smoke coming out from your exhaust. get your mechanic to do a thorough check. from my experience, there are some reasons why that happens.

1. your cylinder head might be uneven, or gasket might not installed properly, thus allowing coolant to leak into other ports. if this was the case, the smoke coming out from your exhaust should smell like steam from boiling water.

2. your block is a goner. smoke from exhaust should smell like something is burnt. lets hope this is not the case.

As for the temp meter, there are also a few reasons why it might be blinking.

1. overheat. temperature will increase gradually until it blinks. stop and let engine cool off. check coolant. if empty, temporarily add water. DO NOT do this when engine is still hot. it might damage your radiator. wait at least 20 mins or so.

2. the fuse connected to the thermostat might be damaged. get your mechanic to replace it. if this was the case, temp meter should be blinking the moment you start the engine.

3. 1 or more coolant hose is disconnected. no flow of coolant. try adding water or coolant. there should be some leakage noted. same as 2, temp meter should be blinking the moment you start your engine.

good luck!

What model gilera runner are u riding?

if ur riding the new model 06/07 digital meter, suspect ur digital meter is malfunction... if u ride ur scoot less than a year u can bring down to agent (Piaggio) for rectify... cheers~

Thanks for the adivce..

shahrum32, please bear in mind that for 4-stroke, there should be NO smoke coming out from your exhaust. get your mechanic to do a thorough check. from my experience, there are some reasons why that happens.

1. your cylinder head might be uneven, or gasket might not installed properly, thus allowing coolant to leak into other ports. if this was the case, the smoke coming out from your exhaust should smell like steam from boiling water.

2. your block is a goner. smoke from exhaust should smell like something is burnt. lets hope this is not the case.

As for the temp meter, there are also a few reasons why it might be blinking.

1. overheat. temperature will increase gradually until it blinks. stop and let engine cool off. check coolant. if empty, temporarily add water. DO NOT do this when engine is still hot. it might damage your radiator. wait at least 20 mins or so.

2. the fuse connected to the thermostat might be damaged. get your mechanic to replace it. if this was the case, temp meter should be blinking the moment you start the engine.

3. 1 or more coolant hose is disconnected. no flow of coolant. try adding water or coolant. there should be some leakage noted. same as 2, temp meter should be blinking the moment you start your engine.

good luck!

I put it wrongly.. is not smoke tat is coming out.. i mean when i put my hand near the exhaust the wind that is coming out is very hot.. Any comment on tat?

try taihin.. its only S$35 incl. of mod on your fuel cap plus the leather too.

$35 mod on fuel cap plus leather???? i did mine without the leather!!! :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/evilben_85/evil.jpg

Piaggio Typhoon 125 - FW596E

Yamaha X1-S - FY5414D

Gilera Runner VXR 200 - FBB4445P

XR400 - FP5404E

DRZ400SM - FBB9987J

there are a few at kallang avenue. taihin, sunrise, future. there's also 1 at eunos. mach speed. try chatting with the mechanics. see which 1 u can click with and wont chop u. personally, im doing mine at @#$%@$. hahaha. cant say. later the rest all whack me! or worse still, burn my bike!

and i tot ur bike start to 'burn' already? hehehehe!

repair already ok. dont play play. haha. anyway, me and 2 others going to pg this 21st. good friday holiday. come along? me the only one on scooter. the others litre bike. sianz. come along ah. den the 2 of us can happy2 going at 100km/h on track. :thumb:

carrick, full tank is 8L including reserve. price-wise will depend on what petrol u wanna pump. anyway, the pipe on ahboy535's gilera is leo vince. price went up liao. i think market now around $600+-. you might want to check out the bike shops i mentioned earlier.