SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Sorry, misinterpreted. What i meant was greasing the shaft where the variator is..lol...as sanding for the clutch bell, i meant sanding it vertically instead of horizontally (which follows the groove of the clutch bell).

stock shaft should not be greased. i have seen polini vairator with grooves for grease. stock, better not if really necessary, maybe a teeny bit. as our transmission is centrifugal. everything will get spun and spat out. Even worn polini variators have this problem of grease leaking. :)

clutch bell, change one when the surface get smoothen out. stock one will do. its not really ex. hehehe

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7641/54688861td1.jpg

~My 2 stroke never fails to set my heart racing~

I am slow please don't bully me.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, misinterpreted. What i meant was greasing the shaft where the variator is..lol...as sanding for the clutch bell, i meant sanding it vertically instead of horizontally (which follows the groove of the clutch bell).

clutch bell when got groove

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/spy622/siggy-1.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/5958/userbar133749dj2.gif

Anyway, is it normal for 05 VXR to vibrate a lot by now? Because, mine does. Initially, I thought it's due to worn engine bushings and steering bearing. After changing them, it still vibrates a lot. And, that makes me think that it could be due to wear inside the engine. Anyone knows why?

clutch bell when got groove

the circular motion clutch and the clutch bell will create some grooves on the sides of the clutch bell what, that's why it's shiny shiny. What i meant was, sand outwards instead of sanding with the groove. Better still if can use a power drill, make some scratch marks on the surface lor more grip

[

stock shaft should not be greased. i have seen polini vairator with grooves for grease. stock, better not if really necessary, maybe a teeny bit. as our transmission is centrifugal. everything will get spun and spat out. Even worn polini variators have this problem of grease leaking. :)

clutch bell, change one when the surface get smoothen out. stock one will do. its not really ex. hehehe

i never came across opening up my transmission cover and see all the grease over everywhere. Everything seems to be neat and there were just dust coming from the clutch itself. What i always did was greasing both shafts inside and the variator's spacer. hmmmmm....and why change the clutch bell when the the surface smoothen out when you can use a rough sandpaper to do the job?

Edited by dyno_88

[

Future scootering should do the job pretty well for transmission cleaning...

dun break sweat over these stuffs.. lol

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

hi bros, just nice man this is the piece of info that I also wanted to find out.

I guess its time for me to change my rollers since I do wack the bike occasionally.

Anybody lemmi know the average price of the stock rollers (Inclusive of workmanship) and do they include transmission cleaning? guess I'm gonna head down to kallang after cny.

hi bros, just nice man this is the piece of info that I also wanted to find out.

I guess its time for me to change my rollers since I do wack the bike occasionally.

Anybody lemmi know the average price of the stock rollers (Inclusive of workmanship) and do they include transmission cleaning? guess I'm gonna head down to kallang after cny.

im letting go my stock rollers at a very cheap price it's below 500click. pm me if you are interested, i will recommend you to a place do it. =)

[

• 2 weeks later...

hey fellow gilerians...ive jus bought a 2nd hand vxr200 07 model..will be collecting on monday..the bike is stock..and the sales person told me he will do full service before giving me..just to ask bros n sis=] when i get bike wat are the things i need to check ?when i test riding it at wat speed will the bike start to shake or virbrate den its normal..experience gilera rider can pls help me~cause i dun wanna buy a faulty bike..if i can find out any prob i still can ask the bike shop to change...

• 3 weeks later...
*latest problem*

hi need serious help,

now my gilera vxr 200, the engine will slowly die off by itself when i stop throttling.

i've tried to throttle until the temperature bar is at 4, but still, the engine will slowly die off by itself once i stop throttling.

how??? how much need to waste this time? seriously enuff is enuff....

gt people recommend macpherson there to check, by botak, ok bo?

i always go taihin but dunnoe got kena con anot.

fuel hose problem la

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

Where did you install the filters?

-I guess the shop that installed for you tuned your carb wrongly. Go and get it check.

Or,

-If you DIY and installed the filters yourself, then you gotta tune the carb. Can't just plug and play.

To tune the carb, search in google about CV carburettor. A lot of informations are available. Most likely you are running with a lean mixture and needs rejetting. Consult a shop you trust to change the jet size for you but try to test ride the bike yourself after rejetting instead of the mechanics.

hey bro, went to sunrise again to check. its not the air filter tunning.

my petrol tank got water inside it!

feel like asking reimbursement eh from my bike shop (asphoon) !! give me a bike with water mix with petrol inside!

ur bike got put the petrol tank cover anot??

• 2 weeks later...