SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Spark 135 Problems & Solutions

fiery

Hi guys, first of all

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR to all our chinese friends!!!

Need advice on my bike. Today when goin to work, after 4 days not starting my spark,

after i kickstart it will idle very fast for a few seconds then the bike will die off. When i tried to throttle up even worse, my bike will die off instantly. I've tried to play around with the choke but still doesnt work. Before bike dies off, the sound is like the carb is choking or sumting like that... Any idea wats wrong guys? Now my bike is still at my mscp.. Dont know got bike shop open or not today.. :cry:

its very common especially for small cc bikes with carburetor.

what you need to do is, off the choke and kick start a few more times. Do not throttle the bike until u feel that it is somewhat able start.

It was able to idle because of the left over petrol and air in the chamber of the carburetor. So once its all spent, u need to get it going again.

So, after u manage to crank the bike, hold the throttle at 2500rpm (roughly) for about 30 secs and you're all set to go..

Cheers..!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys, i have this problem. my bike really feels underpowered, even for a stock bike. as when I open about 2/3 throttle, usually can feel the push abit but recently, on normal roads, i had to twist the throttle abit more to get that push. like as if my bike is struggling. But the engine sounds fine, but the feeling is different than before. I'm not sure if its a carb problem or what.

Just before typing this, my bike suddenly dies off while I'm just slowing down for a traffic light.

1) If sluggish, have you done ur servicing? How many clicks after do you felt that t was sluggish?

2) Bike dies off at traffic light, how long after u run the bike? is the engine still cold? already warm? idling? Was the carburetor tuned recently?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys. im a new rider just passed and also just bought 2nd hand spark. my spark seems to have a high fuel consumption. even my friends agree.

i topped up full tank at woodlands. then went geylang > pasir ris > sembawang and back to woodlands. end of the night, my tank dropped to nearly half. any ideas why? im still a novice so appreciate if you all can help me.

hey guys. im a new rider just passed and also just bought 2nd hand spark. my spark seems to have a high fuel consumption. even my friends agree.

i topped up full tank at woodlands. then went geylang > pasir ris > sembawang and back to woodlands. end of the night, my tank dropped to nearly half. any ideas why? im still a novice so appreciate if you all can help me.

Cannot judge that way. The bike does not have a big sized tank in the first place. Go calculate the distance you have travelled. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

• 2 weeks later...
just measured mine and it's bad? only managed to go 36km/litre. :(

if yours is bad, mine is worse... 32-33km/Litre. FYI i have no engine mods, mine is fully stock, travelling speed is only 80~90km.. wondering is it mine air filter is dirty or mine carb need to retune and wash

JAN '08 - JUL '08 ~ VFR 400 (FH *1*3D)

JUL '08 - NOV '10 ~ CB 400 (FBC 3*3D)

NOV '10 - JUL '12 ~ CBR 600 (FBC *6*3K)

JUL '12 - AUG '12 ~ X-1 (FZ *2*3A)

AUG'12 - Sept'15 ~ SPARK T135 (FBE 4*2*B)

SEPT'15 - JUNE' 18 ~ Tmax 530 (FBG 8877Z)

JUN'18 ~ AUG'22 ~ XMAX 300 ( FBG 8877Z)

hope anyone could help me out here. so i tried to install a led strip on my spark.. but i accidentally touch both connections with one wire.. and i think my bike short circuited.. when i turn on the key/ignition.. no neutral light nor the cdi fan is on.. but when i kick start everything is on. but... when i horn.. no sound.. signal light no flicker.. do i need to check the fuse? if yes.. where isit located?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

if yours is bad, mine is worse... 32-33km/Litre. FYI i have no engine mods, mine is fully stock, travelling speed is only 80~90km.. wondering is it mine air filter is dirty or mine carb need to retune and wash

Stock speed can go around 138km/h bro. Mine is stock. Yes get that speed before. Maybe you could try change Air filter, spark plug(NGK CPR8Ea-9), Oil filter and engine oil(800ml) first? Then try first. If still problem means must check engine liao. Just my opinion. If all ok good la. No need to check engine already. Save money.

History n Present ride

Nov '00 till Dec '00 - Aprilia RS 125cc 1 Mth

Dec '00 till Oct '05- Yamaha RXZ Delux 135cc 4 Years 11Mths

Feb '04 till Dec '09 - Honda Wave-S 125cc 5 Years 10Mths

Dec '09 till Sept '12 - Yamaha FZ150i 2 Years 9Mths

Sept 12 till Aug '19 - Yamaha Spark 135 RX 6 Years 11Mths

Aug '19 till Present - Honda CB125F

i always change mine Spark Plug, oil filter and engine oil every 2500km, i doubt it got anything to do with these.. Jus change mine air filter will monitor it again, than may be re-tune or wash mine carb, any way mine top speed is around 100km.. i guess.

JAN '08 - JUL '08 ~ VFR 400 (FH *1*3D)

JUL '08 - NOV '10 ~ CB 400 (FBC 3*3D)

NOV '10 - JUL '12 ~ CBR 600 (FBC *6*3K)

JUL '12 - AUG '12 ~ X-1 (FZ *2*3A)

AUG'12 - Sept'15 ~ SPARK T135 (FBE 4*2*B)

SEPT'15 - JUNE' 18 ~ Tmax 530 (FBG 8877Z)

JUN'18 ~ AUG'22 ~ XMAX 300 ( FBG 8877Z)

i always change mine Spark Plug, oil filter and engine oil every 2500km, i doubt it got anything to do with these.. Jus change mine air filter will monitor it again, than may be re-tune or wash mine carb, any way mine top speed is around 100km.. i guess.

Your plate is FBE. Consider is quite new leh. How come 100km/h only? This one is not optimal leh? Even my Old Honda Wave plate FX last time is 115km/h? I think if still persist you try service carburator and ask your mechanic to retune the air/fuel mixture. If after that still cannot I think must lay engine already to check which item damage.

History n Present ride

Bro sky, I think 2500km is too much already. According to the Yamaha servicing manual, 2000km is the MAX out already. If lesser better. For me I always change 1 month 1 time engine oil(semi) follow salary easier to track. It is a much better approach and safer bet. Rather than repairs I better change on regular oil intervals. Much cheaper. Anyway Our motorbike engine also does not use much. Only 800ml. So not much big deal.

To each and its own. Own bike ownself take care ma right? See how u take care of it lor.

History n Present ride

Bro sky, I think 2500km is too much already. According to the Yamaha servicing manual, 2000km is the MAX out already. If lesser better. For me I always change 1 month 1 time engine oil(semi) follow salary easier to track. It is a much better approach and safer bet. Rather than repairs I better change on regular oil intervals. Much cheaper. Anyway Our motorbike engine also does not use much. Only 800ml. So not much big deal.

To each and its own. Own bike ownself take care ma right? See how u take care of it lor.

yamaha service manual is once every 6km leh.

spark plug 6km

air filter 12km

oil filter 12km

Was riding with my friend....His spark stalled while he was in gear 1 waiting at the traffic light recently... his clutch is still depressed when it dies off......He mentioned it Happened a couple of times this week. Anyone faces this problem before?
From the limited information you provided it seems like the idling is too low. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

yamaha service manual is once every 6km leh.

spark plug 6km

air filter 12km

oil filter 12km

Like I say to each and its own. See the owner la how u sayang and take care of your bike lor. Like spark plug and oil filter also up to the owner discretion la want to change early or not. If change early oil will be cleaner in the engine and the engine will be happier for you to ride?

Then about Air filter have you read about this?

Note:

- The air filter needs more frequent service if you are riding in unusually wet or dusty areas.

Its at this page. Near to the end of the page.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.my/aftersales/warranty2.aspx

History n Present ride

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was riding my bike yesterday and was caught in the rain, after i have reached my destination, the engine oil red indicator light came on. Checked the oil level , its normal... rested the bike for a day and the indicator light is still there... any one else faces this problem before? any quick fix to advise?

Low_Oil_Lamp_Red.jpg

Hi,

I was riding my bike yesterday and was caught in the rain, after i have reached my destination, the engine oil red indicator light came on. Checked the oil level , its normal... rested the bike for a day and the indicator light is still there... any one else faces this problem before? any quick fix to advise?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]267954[/ATTACH]

What meter? :rolleyes:

KRGT-1