SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Comparison] Majesty vs Silverwing Discussion

mystizcal

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my limited knowledge after reading the 2 are:

silverwing:

engine is smoother.

bigger and more stable.

majesty:

fuel consumption is better.

1 of the biggest underseat storage.

1 of the most reliable scooters in its class.

i never owned 1 before.. but i am considering between a scooters like majesty or to get a manual bike like s4 so i read up a little in their respective scooter cafe.. can learn alot about the bike from there..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Why limit your choices to the 2 Maxis? Why not add the Skywave/Burgman 400...

I like the Silverwing 400 but i heard the parts are somewhat scarce but pls prove me wrong...

The Skywave would be another alternative if youre looking for another choice... Good luck. :faint:

Motorcycle Philippines.com, M.I.B., Maxi Scooter Riders (MSR), Honda CB Riders, 400GreyBikes, BikePics, HondaNet. :thumb:

GET TO WORK!!! (+69317-998-4999)

Suzuki Skywave 650 (04), Suzuki Burgman 400 (09), Motocompo

ya.. burgman is cool..

hahha

especially the 650cc!!

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

why not consider TMAX!

hahah

it cool..

given a choice i will go for Tmax or burgman.

not to say SW400 is getting damn common already!

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

my limited knowledge after reading the 2 are:

silverwing:

engine is smoother.

bigger and more stable.

majesty:

fuel consumption is better.

1 of the biggest underseat storage.

1 of the most reliable scooters in its class.

i never owned 1 before.. but i am considering between a scooters like majesty or to get a manual bike like s4 so i read up a little in their respective scooter cafe.. can learn alot about the bike from there..

Lets say we're all talking abt 400cc scooter category.

Silverwing is smoother & stable because of its dual cylinders & DOHC. Its more thirsty on petrol and in the 400cc cat, its the slowest on pick up.

Majesty fuel consumption is better cos its a single cylinder. Its also running on a DOHC engine.

Talking abt the biggest underseat storage, biggest is the Burgman AN400 (K4 onwards), follow by Silverwing 400 (all Silverwing models share the same underseat) then lastly the Grand Majesty 400 (the seat can only open from the rider seat. not the whole seat).

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

just saw the new burgman 400

damn cool..

hahah

regret nvn consider that bike b4..

lol...

just saw the new burgman 400

damn cool..

hahah

regret nvn consider that bike b4..

lol...

but u like to corner so much, the burgmans' cannot corner one hor!!! Only the Tmaxs & Silverwings have proven to take corners well because they have higher ground clearence.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

but u like to corner so much, the burgmans' cannot corner one hor!!! Only the Tmaxs & Silverwings have proven to take corners well because they have higher ground clearence.

sw dun have much clearance for the left corner le. the main stand too low arleady

apart from finding out the technical specifications and others' recommendations, it is most important to see the actual bike for yourself. it may be a good bike, but as long as you don't like the styling or features/design or even "branding", you won't feel shiok riding it. some people say its like looking for a partner... nice girl/guy but if don't feel good, then matching is not going to last. lucky thing divorcing a bike costs a lot less, emotionally and financially :angel:

i looked at quite a few maxis (SWing, burgman 400/650 Exec, majesty 250/400, MP3, X8) before settling for a SWing 400, its not the best in every aspects but summing up the pluses, minuses and feel factor, decided on it. these are some things i considered (not in order of priority though):

. * price (decided not to spend that much despite liking it a hell lot, then lowered budget for 400cc)

. * styling (really liked what burg-X has, majesty/SW looks very similar, preferred SW coz can fix top box without using rack)

. * engine (preferred SW's parallel twin over single cylinder)

. * suspension (preferred burgman's link-type rear)

. * storage space (MP3's storage is most attractive)

. * brand (honda has better resale value and reputation for engine reliability)

. * spare parts (friends & mechanics all tell me italian parts very expensive)

. * stablity (MP3's 3 wheels wow, but was told it'll cost more to maintain)

. * windshield (size of burgman, SW, majesty good enough)

. * weight (SW's 228kg is heaviest, more stable but consumes more petrol)

adding up, i felt most comfortable buying the honda silverwing 400, so that was it... the rest is history

help this can give you an idea of how i choose bikes :p

good luck to your bike hunt :goodluck:

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

apart from finding out the technical specifications and others' recommendations, it is most important to see the actual bike for yourself. it may be a good bike, but as long as you don't like the styling or features/design or even "branding", you won't feel shiok riding it. some people say its like looking for a partner... nice girl/guy but if don't feel good, then matching is not going to last. lucky thing divorcing a bike costs a lot less, emotionally and financially :angel:

i looked at quite a few maxis (SWing, burgman 400/650 Exec, majesty 250/400, MP3, X8) before settling for a SWing 400, its not the best in every aspects but summing up the pluses, minuses and feel factor, decided on it. these are some things i considered (not in order of priority though):

. * price (decided not to spend that much despite liking it a hell lot, then lowered budget for 400cc)

. * styling (really liked what burg-X has, majesty/SW looks very similar, preferred SW coz can fix top box without using rack)

. * suspension (preferred burgman's link-type)

adding up, i felt most comfortable buying the honda, so that was it.

help this can give you an idea of how others' (not all) choose bikes :p

Very detail explanation. :thumb:

. * suspension (preferred burgman's link-type)

-- Try a high speed corner and if u ever hit the slightest bump, you'll never like it. Because the bike is long, it twitches.

-- Not really because of the weight, it consumes more petrol because of the dual cylinder.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

-- Not really because of the weight, it consumes more petrol because of the dual cylinder.

yes, dual cylinders... but heavier weight do play a part; dynamics says we need more energy to move an object of heavier mass :p those who likes faster pick-ups will feel more of the difference in FC

anyway, books and reality doesn't agree sometimes :cheeky:

~

Trips:

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

Lets say we're all talking abt 400cc scooter category.

Silverwing is smoother & stable because of its dual cylinders & DOHC. Its more thirsty on petrol and in the 400cc cat, its the slowest on pick up.

Majesty fuel consumption is better cos its a single cylinder. Its also running on a DOHC engine.

Talking abt the biggest underseat storage, biggest is the Burgman AN400 (K4 onwards), follow by Silverwing 400 (all Silverwing models share the same underseat) then lastly the Grand Majesty 400 (the seat can only open from the rider seat. not the whole seat).

ops.. apologises for the wrong info on the underseat storage space.. all models of the majesty understorage is like this?

yeah i know the burgman storage is big.. i am wondering is it able to put a pool cue bag inside? haha..

. * suspension (preferred burgman's link-type rear)

adding up, i felt most comfortable buying the honda silverwing 400, so that was it... the rest is history

help this can give you an idea of how i choose bikes :p

thanks for sharing.. now i know the big advantage of swing to me..

+stable

+can put box w/o installing rack

+ smooth running engine.

minus:

- fuel consumption

- slow acceleration?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

ops.. apologises for the wrong info on the underseat storage space.. all models of the majesty understorage is like this?

yeah i know the burgman storage is big.. i am wondering is it able to put a pool cue bag inside? haha..

thanks for sharing.. now i know the big advantage of swing to me..

+stable

+can put box w/o installing rack

+ smooth running engine.

minus:

- fuel consumption

- slow acceleration?

actually the majesty under is huge. abt 60 liters. but the way the seat is designed to open, makes its look small and hard to park your stuffs.

pool cue bag? the MP3 from Piaggio confirm can. as for the rest, have to try to know. the majesty confirn cannot. cos the center part is damn super shallow.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

hi bigcow.. so i am correct in the sense.. but because the way they structure the space makes it inefficient? anyway can put 2 ffs + 2 sets of raingear + probably a bag i would be happy enough.. currently using 3 boxes to put my stuff.. yeah went to a motorshop and salesperson gladly opened 1 to show me.. majesty cannot put pool cue bag cos there isnt any angle to squeeze the bag in as only the rider's seat is elevated.. not sure about burgman though.. hmm.. mp3? read on the mp3 thread but couldnt find more info about the fc..

hi bigcow.. so i am correct in the sense.. but because the way they structure the space makes it inefficient? anyway can put 2 ffs + 2 sets of raingear + probably a bag i would be happy enough.. currently using 3 boxes to put my stuff.. yeah went to a motorshop and salesperson gladly opened 1 to show me.. majesty cannot put pool cue bag cos there isnt any angle to squeeze the bag in as only the rider's seat is elevated.. not sure about burgman though.. hmm.. mp3? read on the mp3 thread but couldnt find more info about the fc..

you can always drop by Piaggio Asia Singapore @ Genting Rd. Look for john, he'll be most glad to assist you.

MP3 & X8 from Piaggio have 2 access to the under seat. 1 via the seat & the other via the boot. you'll be amaze.

and the X8 400 is the cheapest Class 2A bike in its Category. Machine price is abt $9k+

TEAM RedBull Singapore

I hv went 2 the showroom 2 c the scooters n aft surveyin filter my choice 2 tis scoots. personally i lk the looks n style of maj. n sw. i agree every bike has its selling points. I pay more attention in term of engine/parts wear n tear, lesser breakdown, replacement cost/availability. Ill browse tro' some more thread b4 makin my mind, n mayb can join some scooter tour in d future. :)

One for the Road ! CHEERS ! :thumb:

i am a newbie to Silverwing prior to that was riding S4.

To me these are my feeling :

Cons

1. Burn Petrol

2. Slow pick up

3. Heavy

Pros

1. Underseat can place 2 helmet comfortably with raincoats

2. Stable

3. I like it when I am moving at speed from 80kmh onwards.

4. Nicest exhaust I have seen among the scooters.

I say if you can purchase higher cc scooter, go for Bigcow ride, the executive :cheeky:

22 August 2005 - August 2006 - Phantom TA 200

August 2006 - April 25 2007 - X9- Almafi

May 2007 - Feb 2008 - S4 Spec III

Feb 2008 - Dec 2012 - Silverwing Euro 400 (longest ride)

July 2009 - Oct 2012 OPC - Sold

Dec 2012 - Jun 2013- paggio x10

Jun 2013 -?????? - Silverwing SW-T400 ABS (Euro ver)

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/flamingangelz/th_DSC00702.jpg

MP3 & X8 from Piaggio have 2 access to the under seat. 1 via the seat & the other via the boot. you'll be amaze.

yes yes... the rear opening/boot is a very attractive feature cos we can leave it open to fit in things that are longer than the compartment, just have to make sure it doesn't drop out while traveling. storage is a very important criteria to me, i wouldn't have bought SW if it's underseat compartment can't fit in my tennis rackets :cheeky:

~

Trips:

for Swinger ... 2 spark plug + 2 bot of EO.... u do the math.......

Belt see how "lut" the bike. 2wheeler 40K then change belt......

cos the v-belt is runing on milege counter then lights up. U can take out the belt and see the condition then if still ok .. use lor.. reset the V-belt light then can carry on.......

single front disc brake=> 1 pair of brake pad only

Smaller tires compared to S4 so.... slightly cheaper.

Add on 52 maxia Box.. u get 55+52... 107Litres of space....

S4 i used to put E21x2 + e45 rear... =21+21+45 => 97Litres.. + bike out of balance.....

Power wise no v-tec... its ok la.....

Pickup quite ok also...

ps i used to ride Hyper Vtec aka Spec 1 too... hehehhe

Its a whole new experience ......

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

for Swinger ... 2 spark plug + 2 bot of EO.... u do the math.......

Belt see how "lut" the bike. 2wheeler 40K then change belt......

cos the v-belt is runing on milege counter then lights up. U can take out the belt and see the condition then if still ok .. use lor.. reset the V-belt light then can carry on.......

single front disc brake=> 1 pair of brake pad only

Smaller tires compared to S4 so.... slightly cheaper.

Add on 52 maxia Box.. u get 55+52... 107Litres of space....

S4 i used to put E21x2 + e45 rear... =21+21+45 => 97Litres.. + bike out of balance.....

Power wise no v-tec... its ok la.....

Pickup quite ok also...

ps i used to ride Hyper Vtec aka Spec 1 too... hehehhe

Its a whole new experience ......

Both are very different bikes and user community.....

If you want auto gear, protection from wheels water and default under seat storage (among others), then go for SW (or even other scooters)......having said this, this is not a bike for you to race (bear in mind that Euro SW400 top speed is 170km/h) and typically being linked to "uncles"; if u like the feel of VTEC, fast pick up and want to appear "younger" (among others), then it is obvious...... S4 :)

ya man....

the main topic of this thread is maj vs Swing.... so.. i jus giving my point of view from Swinger.....

And GragonF asking bout comparing to S4.. so i also giving my view from former S4 rider.. both pros and cons...

Initial stage i quite miss my s4... now..... hmmm rather everything is about getting used to.....

Comfort wise.. swing is definitely something infectious.. hahaha

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram