SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

Might be the ur chain lube dripping. This happen to my previous bike.

yeap, thats a possible cause too, well pointed out.

Are you riding a white Speedtrip like me?

cheers

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeap, thats a possible cause too, well pointed out.

Are you riding a white Speedtrip like me?

cheers

I'm ridding a 2012 street triple.

Hi, I recently encountered a problem with my st3. Early morning was planning to go out. Started the bike to let it warm up. 15sec later the bike sounded like someone pulled the choke or ran out of fuel. RPM began to drop and the bike died. Tried to re start the bike, 1st attempt manage to start but the bike still sounded choked, RPM low. Slowly turned the throttle but no difference. 3 secs later the bike died again. 2nd attempt too a few more cranks but same problem. After that I switched off the ignition and waited for a few minutes. Tried to start the bike again. Fuel pump can be heard priming and lights go on/off as normal. Cranked it but bike doesnt start. Tired for a few times still no avail. Pushed the bike down a slope to try and jump start it, 1st time manage to start, same sounded choke and lasted for 1 sec before dying again. After that nothing happened on the 2nd and 3rd try. Rear wheel just locked up. Tried in 1st & 2nd gear. Kept cranking till no juice left.

Any advice? Sorry for the long story. I'm a poor narrator.

Bike just changed EO

3/4 tank fuel

No drops, didn't ride the bike for 1 day. Was still fine when I rode it the day before.

Edited by wwkhideyasu

Hi, I recently encountered a problem with my st3. Early morning was planning to go out. Started the bike to let it warm up. 15sec later the bike sounded like someone pulled the choke or ran out of fuel. RPM began to drop and the bike died. Tried to re start the bike, 1st attempt manage to start but the bike still sounded choked, RPM low. Slowly turned the throttle but no difference. 3 secs later the bike died again. 2nd attempt too a few more cranks but same problem. After that I switched off the ignition and waited for a few minutes. Tried to start the bike again. Fuel pump can be heard priming and lights go on/off as normal. Cranked it but bike doesnt start. Tired for a few times still no avail. Pushed the bike down a slope to try and jump start it, 1st time manage to start, same sounded choke and lasted for 1 sec before dying again. After that nothing happened on the 2nd and 3rd try. Rear wheel just locked up. Tried in 1st & 2nd gear. Kept cranking till no juice left.

Any advice? Sorry for the long story. I'm a poor narrator.

Bike just changed EO

3/4 tank fuel

No drops, didn't ride the bike for 1 day. Was still fine when I rode it the day before.

dude does your bike have a fuel off switch?>

check it.

did you change air filter?

if you did perhaps your fuel was turned off when your tank was removed?

base on your explanation, your battery seems ok as you didnt have problems cranking.

if all that doesnt work, then you are in trouble..likely fuel injector is jammed.

Edited by Throttle

Anyone interested in buying my bike, in August.

I,m willing to let it go for 12.8K, which is an absolute bargain.

Street Triple R, 2009, Graphite grey, 23K km, LTA Approved Zard end cans.

GBRacing engine casing crash protection, Motivation crash bungs, belly pan, bikini fairing and black fly screen. Will have new tyres soon also as need to test in June.

All servicing done by Mah, the top man (mechanic) there knows the bike. Recent 600$ sevice about 400km ago included K+N air filter and engine valve clearance adjustment.

I have a job in KL, so its so long you beauty, break my heart.

Edited by crazytown

Forever the Foreigner

Anyone interested in buying my bike, in August.

I,m willing to let it go for 12.8K, which is an absolute bargain.

Street Triple R, 2009, Graphite grey, 23K km, LTA Approved Zard end cans.

GBRacing engine casing crash protection, Motivation crash bungs, belly pan, bikini fairing and black fly screen. Will have new tyres soon also as need to test in June.

All servicing done by Mah, the top man (mechanic) there knows the bike. Recent 600$ sevice about 400km ago included K+N air filter and engine valve clearance adjustment.

I have a job in KL, so its so long you beauty, break my heart.

Really a steal! Nicely priced!

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8475/cbrnaked.jpg

Really a steal! Nicely priced!

May have to push the sale back to October....which quite some time away.

Thanks to the many members asking for parts off the bike, but it will stay as it is.

Forever the Foreigner

Hi all,

I am a new owner of '09 Daytona. Encountered problems with my bike and I hope to get some advice from owners here. Posted in the Daytona subforum, but thought I'll post here as well, since this thread is much more vibrant than the other:

My daytona just died on me today. stopped and switch off bike at the carpartk this afternoon. When I tried to restart it 2 mons later to shift it to another lot, it just fell dead. No warning, and the meter didnt even light up.

Now back to Mah for diagnostics.

Read about similar situations on the internet, such as triumph675.net, and found that the rectifier /regulator seems to be the common culprit.

Need to ask you guys here:

1. Has any of you encountered this problem before? if yes, related to R/R?

2. is the '09 Daytona affected by this R/R problem like the earlier batches?

3. When you replace the R/R, do you replace with another Triumph R/R, or third party ones as suggested by other forums?

4. assuming its the R/R problem, where can you replaced a reliable 3rd party R/R? Mah only replace with original parts, and if its a design error, this problem is bound to happen again.

Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

"

Hi all,

I am a new owner of '09 Daytona. Encountered problems with my bike and I hope to get some advice from owners here. Posted in the Daytona subforum, but thought I'll post here as well, since this thread is much more vibrant than the other:

My daytona just died on me today. stopped and switch off bike at the carpartk this afternoon. When I tried to restart it 2 mons later to shift it to another lot, it just fell dead. No warning, and the meter didnt even light up.

Now back to Mah for diagnostics.

Read about similar situations on the internet, such as triumph675.net, and found that the rectifier /regulator seems to be the common culprit.

Need to ask you guys here:

1. Has any of you encountered this problem before? if yes, related to R/R?

2. is the '09 Daytona affected by this R/R problem like the earlier batches?

3. When you replace the R/R, do you replace with another Triumph R/R, or third party ones as suggested by other forums?

4. assuming its the R/R problem, where can you replaced a reliable 3rd party R/R? Mah only replace with original parts, and if its a design error, this problem is bound to happen again.

Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

"

a few checkpoints

how long have you not been riding the bike?

how old is the battery?

If you have been riding it regularly then it could likely be a faulty alternator failing to charge your battery as your bike is running.

it could be also the rectifier as you have mentioned.

I do not think it is a design fault.

Just usage wear and tear over the years.

17 yrs ago, my brand new Honda Magna750 did the same thing to me.

Faulty alternator. Got it replaced and everything was back to normal.

Or it could simply be a weak battery. get a good charger and charge it up.

if replace alternator i think

about $300. or you can order from Triumph UK, may be cheaper.

if your bike is new

Thanks for the reply, Throttle. :)

hasnt been riding the bike for 3 weeks as its with Mah for some repairs. Collected and sent back on the same day.

Mah just called. Said that its the rectifier/regulator has went kaput.

Read that many owners had problems with R/R too, and hence the suspicion of an unreliable R/R.

Unless triumph has changed the model of the R/R, the problem will recur again, wont it?

Thanks for the reply, Throttle. :)

hasnt been riding the bike for 3 weeks as its with Mah for some repairs. Collected and sent back on the same day.

Mah just called. Said that its the rectifier/regulator has went kaput.

Read that many owners had problems with R/R too, and hence the suspicion of an unreliable R/R.

Unless triumph has changed the model of the R/R, the problem will recur again, wont it?

yup , if the Rectifier is truly a design fault and continues to break down .

maybe see if you can use another rectifier not from triumph....but with the same capabilities

playing with the thought of selling my white Speed Triple 1050.

2008 model, beautifully done and 100% street legal in white and electric blue bits

Reg is Jun 2008, or somewhere near there.

mileage is about 18,000km.

I clock maybe 200km in 6 mths?

Just toying with the idea but only if i know what i will be getting next. so i am open to suggestions. hee

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7788/speedtriple.jpg

Am thinking of getting myself a triple again after being away for a couple of years. Any rocket 3 touring available outside there let me know

Wah that's a BIG comeback!!!

c26492.jpg

Am thinking of getting myself a triple again after being away for a couple of years. Any rocket 3 touring available outside there let me know

welcome back Blackie