SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

Thanks bro. Where are after market parts usually found? Online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well depends on what you want...ain't it so? ;)

If you're referring to Triumph OEM, can get from Mah or Online

You can PM eddie_ash to join a group of Triumph enthusiasts for mass orders ;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know where can i get the head crowl and belly pan

Sent from my INO-2 using Tapatalk

Go to jack lilley website for Triumph.

very cheap and reliable for original triumph clothes and accesories

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ha - I'm back, well almost.

Looks as if I will be coming back to your fine country in September - more tunnels to be made.

After 2 years in KL and no bike (company gave my a Mitsubishi Triton to drive about in) and am faced with the prospect with buying a bike again ....YYYEEHHAA.

Sold my STR in August 2012, sad to see it go. Not sure whether to go down the same route (2nd hand Street) or go for an MT-09 or a KTM690 SMCR 2014. The Speed is a bit on the big side for what I need (back and forth to work - like a demon on wheels).

We will see, just need to sign the contract first.

CHEERS!!!!

Forever the Foreigner

Nice to see Throttle still on this forum.

Hi crazytown!

unfortunately, i hvnt got a triumph anymore.

cant decide on the next bike...

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Cheers Throttle.

Not too sure myself, thats if I actually return to Singapore. Will have a second interview next week.

I am a bit shocked how the COE on bikes has gone up = 4K now !

Would never have got a bike for riding in the centre of KL, it really is like Mad Max in there.

Forever the Foreigner

• 1 month later...

Washed and flushed the HOAT from the cooling system, then switch to OAT, Honda Type 2.

Decided not to deal with silicates and also well documented usage overseas on diff vehicles. That and toyota super long life.

Also, cuz didn't know where to find the HOATs recommended by manufacturer.

Whatever it is, do not mix OAT and HOAT or you could end up with deposits and sludge.

New Street Triple rider here =).

Other than a hiccup or 2, been loving the mean machine.

Oh, anyhow. Anyone have recommendations for what signal lights to switch to? My indicators stems have cracked and snapper on the rear lights. One at the surrounding bit around the metal bushing, the other right halfway through the stem itself. Understand that it's a known issue, thus looking to replace em.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

I heard - after market signal lights can't pass inspection. I replaced mine with Oxford ones last time. The new owner of my bike had to change back to stock ones :(

c26492.jpg

I heard - after market signal lights can't pass inspection. I replaced mine with Oxford ones last time. The new owner of my bike had to change back to stock ones :(

Shucks. That's disappointing to hear. Not entirely unexpected though, with LTAs recent frenzy for sticking to the book. Guess I'll have to source out some of them indicator stems from ebay or something.

The question though, is that if we change to the official Triumph LED signal indicators, whether LTA would disapprove. They do not come originally fitted to any models, but are offered as an official accessory.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46/Tachnicolour/Completed%20works/combination_2.jpg

Convert your backlight COLOURs at : <CMO> Speedo Backlight colour CONVERSION by Tachnicolour

Shucks. That's disappointing to hear. Not entirely unexpected though, with LTAs recent frenzy for sticking to the book. Guess I'll have to source out some of them indicator stems from ebay or something.

The question though, is that if we change to the official Triumph LED signal indicators, whether LTA would disapprove. They do not come originally fitted to any models, but are offered as an official accessory.

Have to find out from LTA man. I hope what I heard was not true. The Oxford and Triumph accessory indicators look so good. It' will be a pity if they cannot pass inspection.

c26492.jpg

Have to find out from LTA man. I hope what I heard was not true. The Oxford and Triumph accessory indicators look so good. It' will be a pity if they cannot pass inspection.

Guess there's only one way to find out! Time to ebay them official triumph led indicators. Perhaps bring the box along for inspection if they ask any questions.

Aye, them units look pretty sweet. Prolly do away with the need to keep replacing the cracking stems.

Guess there's only one way to find out! Time to ebay them official triumph led indicators. Perhaps bring the box along for inspection if they ask any questions.

Aye, them units look pretty sweet. Prolly do away with the need to keep replacing the cracking stems.

Looking forward to seeing some photos :)

Anyway if your bike is brand new, you still have a couple of years before you need to send it in for that silly inspection thing.

c26492.jpg

For sure! When I manage to source some.

Naw, I'm a new STR rider, but the ride's a 2nd hand one. Still rather spiffy though.

• 2 weeks later...

When I had my 2009 Street, I spent a fortune on replacing genuine indicators (think they were about $100 a go).

I got in contact with an Aprillia dealer, who offered some Aprillia items that looked exactly the same. Whether they were a better / more long lasting unit I never got find out, but I was getting really pissed off replacing the originals.

I didn't get to buy any as I sold the bike.

Other issue I had was that the Engine paint bubbled up and came away from the block and head. I ended up repainting the engine. Triumph were having non of it as it did happen within 2 years of manufacture.

Forever the Foreigner

When I had my 2009 Street, I spent a fortune on replacing genuine indicators (think they were about $100 a go).

I got in contact with an Aprillia dealer, who offered some Aprillia items that looked exactly the same. Whether they were a better / more long lasting unit I never got find out, but I was getting really pissed off replacing the originals.

I didn't get to buy any as I sold the bike.

Other issue I had was that the Engine paint bubbled up and came away from the block and head. I ended up repainting the engine. Triumph were having non of it as it did happen within 2 years of manufacture.

Forever the Foreigner

I think Aprillia uses the same indicators. Looks exactly the same to me.

The paint on my engine bubbled up after my 2-years warranty period as well. Not very happy about it. Naturally, people used that as an excuse to ask for discount when I was selling the bike.

But the rest of the bike is top-notch. Like I always tell people, it's a European bike with Japanese reliability and quality (even comes standard with steel braided hoses).

c26492.jpg

Nice to hear from you.

You had a Green Street.

I left Singapore in 2012, working now in Malaysia, but .....drum roll.......Coming back to the sweet shores of Singapore in September.

Singapore just cant get enough tunnels - now I have finished my part in the construction of KL's new MRT system........I am so happy to be returning.

(For those that don't know, I am a Brit that has lived in Singapore for about 11 years)

I am now torn (or should I say spoilt for choice) between a bike for getting around on.

Sad for Triumph (for the reasons I posted above), but I am toying now between MT-09 and MT-07. Me thinks it will be MT-07 (money is no issue, usability is the highest on the list).

Forever the Foreigner