SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the 30% off i'm getting from mah, i think a head cowl will cost me ard 190? Ebay is going for 90+pounds without shipping...

other aftermarket stuff like titex levers, ebay is going for 190USD, and u can now go motor world and get it for ard 220SGD...

So i think research is a must.. But i cant seem to find many brands for short tail conversions...

+1 Agree, research is a must, must say Motow have done me some very good deals on clothing over the years.

official triumph stuff from mah is pretty quick, i never waited more than 5 business days.

Can't complain much about that, and to be fair, it must be difficult to keep a good range of clothing in different sizes with such a small market. I find the Triumph gear excellent quality, style & fit for me, just a pity it doesn't have the wider sales that you see with other "Brands". All the leather stuff is now being made by Alpinestars to Triumph own design & specs.

Ipoh this weekend just to finish off my tyres before changing.

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

Agree with the stormer, research is the key!!!!!

current triumph riders have it much better than it was prior to Mah getting appointed as agents. in the earlier days, it was a challenge to get stuff if minerva didn't have stock. but that was how we got to know our machines better as the t309/409 bikes shared a great deal of stuff from the kawa's and hondas from the 80's and 90's. mechs were a little creative as well when trying to get the bikes sorted.

it was interesting to know that to clean the air filter, we had to remove the freaking carbs!!!!!!!!! this was a real joke and as such MANY t309/409's had shitty fuel consumption and air filters that looked like gunk when we opened them up. the other joke was that the front sprocket was in a compartment that got flooded with engine oil and you needed to have a replacement gasket when you changed your front sprocket which many people didn't change which usually caused premature chain wear....

good points were that brakes were honda units (plenty of replacement pads), oil filter were from the early 80's cb750/kawa 1000 (which were cheap)

what time u heading up? might catch you at the GP Esso petrol station.

Edited by Blackie21

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzitech.dk/english/index.htm

1981 dt125

"its bad but not too bad"

Can't complain much about that, and to be fair, it must be difficult to keep a good range of clothing in different sizes with such a small market. I find the Triumph gear excellent quality, style & fit for me, just a pity it doesn't have the wider sales that you see with other "Brands". All the leather stuff is now being made by Alpinestars to Triumph own design & specs.

Ipoh this weekend just to finish off my tyres before changing.

I recall you reminding me not to buy too many triumph tshirts at the Spore Flyer bike festival last year. haha, now I know why, it all makes sense. :cheeky:

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

Good moaning!~

got woken up by a urgent buyer calling at 1030am and by 1pm my triumph is out of my hands!

seeing him ride off brings tears to my eyes.............

Edited by CMYRS

They go their own way.

Good morning guys :)

any rides coming up? :)

Suzuki Viva [A**Z] : 14/2/06 - 1/2/13

Jupiter [A**Z] : 1/09/12 - 15/1/14

PCX [A**Z] : 15/1/14 - Present

Cagiva Mito [FR9980X] : 3/8/06 - 20/9/07

GSXR 400 [FL5208B] : 18/9/07 - 14/8/09

Speed Triple [FBA8108S] : 15/8/09 - 15/8/11

Hayabusa [FBA8838T] : 10/10/11 - 1/9/13

CBR600RR [FBH8813C] : 9/11/13 - 22/03/15

seeing him ride off brings tears to my eyes.............

:( what size your spare T's :angel:

Good to see a few at the Minerva opening, and thank you to our Ducati brothers for buying ex. bikes so that we can enjoy nice Italian Sausage sandwiches for dinner :cheeky:

Hope you had a good ride at the weekend, Sun night I spent sitting on ice packs :faint:

Blackie > The filter that came out of the Steamer looked like a well used Kopitiam coffee sock :(

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

so what are u getting next??

Good Qn!

what made u hop over from the duke to the triple?

:( what size your spare T's :angel:

Good to see a few at the Minerva opening, and thank you to our Ducati brothers for buying ex. bikes so that we can enjoy nice Italian Sausage sandwiches for dinner :cheeky:

Hope you had a good ride at the weekend, Sun night I spent sitting on ice packs :faint:

haha, are we abt the same size?

My Ts and shirts are abt Large, mostly.

They are free if u add me as sub rider for yr tiger :angel:

what happened to your bum?

had one sausage too many on Fri nite?

hahaha....

They go their own way.

Good Qn!

what made u hop over from the duke to the triple?

haha, are we abt the same size?

My Ts and shirts are abt Large, mostly.

They are free if u add me as sub rider for yr tiger :angel:

what happened to your bum?

had one sausage too many on Fri nite?

hahaha....

The Dukes are great.. but i cant stand the vibration from the Vtwin.

Long distance riding can numb my fingers and palms..

Just too much...

Maybe if its a street fighter, i will learn to live with it..

UK 1050 2nd rider caaan :thumb:

Ride back from Ipoh on Sun pm, longest I've done for a long time :dozed:

YEAaaaaaa I know where your beast is!

You are one lucky dude to do a long way round trip. :thumb:

did u go with the Rats to Ipoh for the day?

The Dukes are great.. but i cant stand the vibration from the Vtwin.

Long distance riding can numb my fingers and palms..

Just too much...

Maybe if its a street fighter, i will learn to live with it..

are u getting the triple for long distances too?

hey, who cant live with the street fighter?!?!

i dont have an issue with that either, its one mean looking ride.

but I wonder why I dont get to see many around.

They go their own way.

are u getting the triple for long distances too?

hey, who cant live with the street fighter?!?!

i dont have an issue with that either, its one mean looking ride.

but I wonder why I dont get to see many around.

I intend to ride it further then what i have done with my monster for sure.

So far i have only seen 2 on the road. One was by an angmo with full termis.. sound freaking awesome..

I intend to ride it further then what i have done with my monster for sure.

So far i have only seen 2 on the road. One was by an angmo with full termis.. sound freaking awesome..

oh boy, nothing quite like a sound of a duke with termis.........temptation! :)

Are you sure :cool:

Went with T27 guys but rode back alone with side trip part way up the Cameron Highlands road, twisties :thumb:

55 days :cool:

This is the kind of screen you want Yohji, it'll keep the flies off your t#@$

t#@$=tits? :angel:

look at the beautiful country side just at your doorstep!!

sounds like u had a fantastic ride back, no wonder iron butt didnt hold up, must have been an easy 6-7hrs in the saddle.

They go their own way.

You said it not me :p

Yes and a lot of good quiet roads within easy riding, sadly I can only ride for a few days a year :cry:

Ride back was less than 5 hrs but my bum is old :cheeky:

doesn't it harden with age making rides more enjoyable? :cheeky:

They go their own way.

Hey Guys !

sorry been so quiet , surprisingly Yoohji has been quiet too so it makes it seem like were up to no good together +_+ haha

its exam period for me , and before that was mt last minute studying n regreting not studying earlier period ^_^

where do i begin? KingAbarth gave me such high responsibility i dont know how to live up to it man hahaha , ill try an organize a rounding session early june

the clock ticks closer to your new machine! managed to decide which set of pipes to get for the striple?

i dont blame u if u havent .. i already have the bike n i still cant decide +_+

on street fighters,

i rode with one on PIE a week ago , it was mid day n man the tiny tail makes the rear tire look huge from the back , beutiful machine

the rider was slicing thru traffic at over 100 though so i pulled back n chilled

mid day not safe to run ard at extralegal speeds for tooo long

though the position looks a lil to crouched over though n is close to a full on sport bike + the fuel tank is 16.5 litres n it gets 16km/L avg so its not gonna be the most livable day to day ride ( it was never meant to be one anyway eh, tats wat the monster series is for) i also heard it murders tires with its torque

all tat said,Who amongst all the crazy bike lovin mad men/women? here would ever turn one down? NOT ME! :angel:

on that note .. I swear the street triple is sooo amazing to live with day to day that i feel i dont deserve it +_+

suspension action on the r is sublime n can be adjusted to give more feed back but at the expense for comfort . the brakes are two fingers only even in the worse pinch ( anymore fingers n youll lock it n flip)

all the ppl who were fortunate enuff to b my pillion :cool:say the same things;

its like a magic carpet , soo smoooth the engine dosent transfer any vibes at all to the pillion n rider above 3k rpm

i can set it to gear 5 n cruise from 30+ kph all the way tooo ahem ahem speeds , on the xperssway going from 95 to 115 in gear 6 is just a tiny twist away n a very addictive twist it is .

all this n i still get 19- 20km/L specially if im running V power !

the machine goes from chill n sublime to manic wheelyin hooligan monster whenever u feel in the mood . tat said watch out for to strong a gear one twistin the throttle a lil to fast from the stop light = showin traffic around you the underside of the exhaust headers ^_^

k k , u can all tell i miss contributing to this forum ! haha ill be back soon after next thursdays paper :thumb:

Somethings get harder with age, somethings don't stay hard so long :( but this is a family show :cheeky:

HAHAHAHAH..........ok funny man, we save it for the next RAT gathering. :angel:

They go their own way.