SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!! Anyone interested in Bonnie T100, let me know. It's 7yrs and 9mths old. Imported from Carl Rosner motorcycles in UK. (nothing different from what we get here, first owner was an ang mo fm UK) Will put it on the garage sale soon. can sms me at 90691714 for details. Very reluctant sale actually.

Blackie21, sorry bro can't take your bullet proof brick. Cheers...

Lets go!!! though i warn u guys with me its only around sg since im a noob on malaysian roads ,

so if anyone knows and wants to lead a small group around any reaaaally nice roads over the border that isnt to far ( round trip from woodlands checkpoint and back under 150 clicks?) id b happy to follow ^_^:thumb:

Hi, I'm new to this thread.

I have this street triple for less than 2 months and it actually broke down 2 days ago (bike-less for 2 days :cry:). Mah told me its the rectifier that caused it. However I dun really understand what do they mean by that and I'm worried that the same thing will happen again (broke down along sungei tengah road and felt so helpless)...

I would love to go for the weekend ride but im leaving for Shanghai on sunday, so cant join.

Today i just went down to Mah motor to confirm my bike... hehehe... another 3 -4 weeks and it shld be reg...

Hey baby biker > what colour is your bike? U got yours brand new?

I would love to go for the weekend ride but im leaving for Shanghai on sunday, so cant join.

Today i just went down to Mah motor to confirm my bike... hehehe... another 3 -4 weeks and it shld be reg...

Hey baby biker > what colour is your bike? U got yours brand new?

ya, so far i have only been reading this thread and notice I know nobody in here ^_^ Mine is white color. Shld be in the workshop charging battery. Did you see my baby in there today?? Brand new. What colour is urs? I saw a green one there last 2 days. I should be going down tml to pick it up.

Black St3 passed me (in van) on the ECP between airport and Bedok last night about 17:45 anybody here?

Rectifier distributes output from alternator to charge battery and supply electrical running loads, remaing power is shunted (dumped) as heat. Failure can happen with any make, usually caused by faulty connections or a bad battery, local climate doesn't help, 99 - 05 Honda ones seem to fail more than most.

Bikeless - :(

3 -4 weeks still :faint:

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

ya, so far i have only been reading this thread and notice I know nobody in here ^_^ Mine is white color. Shld be in the workshop charging battery. Did you see my baby in there today?? Brand new. What colour is urs? I saw a green one there last 2 days. I should be going down tml to pick it up.

Hmm.. i didnt walk to the back where the workshop are, I know there is a 09 triple R for sale with zard slip on..

Mine is the orange unit which is still in their warehouse i think... maybe after another 2 weeks they will bring it to the shop as they need to fit the accessories that i ordered..

I wonder will Mah gimme a free triumph key chain.. i quite like the white one.. :p

Black St3 passed me (in van) on the ECP between airport and Bedok last night about 17:45 anybody here?

Rectifier distributes output from alternator to charge battery and supply electrical running loads, remaing power is shunted (dumped) as heat. Failure can happen with any make, usually caused by faulty connections or a bad battery, local climate doesn't help, 99 - 05 Honda ones seem to fail more than most.

Was told that all the triumph bikes are assembled in thailand.. maybe the QC have issue??

I wonder will Mah gimme a free triumph key chain.. i quite like the white one.. :p

Maybe you will have to wait another 3 - 4 weeks for that o_O

Was told that all the triumph bikes are assembled in thailand.. maybe the QC have issue??

I believe only some components are made in Thailand. QC is QC where ever you are, BMW parallel twin engines have been made in Taiwan for some time now and the production has now moved to mailand China. My Vara was built in Spain, the rubber hoses for my Tiger were made in Malyasia the brakes in Japan etc. where was your TV screen made? You get the point I hope.

Been on various Triumph forms for a while now and I think I have only seen one reported RR failure. The Vara / AT guys I know, I guess 40% have experienced RR failures.

My biggest concern is always that the dealer really identifies the root cause of the problem and not just replaces bits and hopes for the best.

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

im thinkin the actual bikes are still assembeled in hinckley ( the home factory)

anyway man long time no see ! gonna be finall count down soon eh!

u saw the matt graphite street for sale inside the showoom right? what did u think of it with the Zard exhaust? im still 50 50

oh yeah were you out an about down kaki bukit this afternoon on yur 4 wheel super dinosaur? ( if u get what i mean)

i heard ,then saw one pass by ard mid afternoon .

Hey baby biker welcome to the club !!

u do know youre riding abit of a hooligan bike right? So must ride abit feirce k ? like an fierce n angry baby! :dot:

anyway freerange stormer has explained the rectifier thing , its typical electric component to go wrong in any bike . u were just abit unlucky tats all.

hopefully its ready to ride when u piick it up today:thumb:

im thinkin the actual bikes are still assembeled in hinckley ( the home factory)

anyway man long time no see ! gonna be finall count down soon eh!

u saw the matt graphite street for sale inside the showoom right? what did u think of it with the Zard exhaust? im still 50 50

oh yeah were you out an about down kaki bukit this afternoon on yur 4 wheel super dinosaur? ( if u get what i mean)

i heard ,then saw one pass by ard mid afternoon .

Yeap.. 30 days and counting.... it helps when i travel since i dont get to think abt it much..

I dont think its me.. i only when home ard 815pm.. My car is 46.. so if u see that, most likely its me...

Thanks stormer for the explanation! I went down today to collect my bike and the mechanic told me mine was the 3rd or 4th case already. All same issue..

Hmm.. i didnt walk to the back where the workshop are, I know there is a 09 triple R for sale with zard slip on..

Mine is the orange unit which is still in their warehouse i think... maybe after another 2 weeks they will bring it to the shop as they need to fit the accessories that i ordered..

When did u buy/order ur bike? I still tot u own it for quite some time already.

Hey baby biker welcome to the club !!

u do know youre riding abit of a hooligan bike right? So must ride abit feirce k ? like an fierce n angry baby! :dot:

anyway freerange stormer has explained the rectifier thing , its typical electric component to go wrong in any bike . u were just abit unlucky tats all.

hopefully its ready to ride when u piick it up today:thumb:

Thanks Shin! hmmm...fierce ah...my frens say I on street triple v cute lor....bike short short and rider oso short short...

The bike so far ok on my way back. Are there many street/speed triple on road? I have never bumped into one till today. so weird.