SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

I think I read somewhere that K & N also do an equivelant, unlikely to be cheaper though.

If you can find a strong magnet, stick it on the filter bottom, what that does is collect the steel / iron particles in the bottom, there is a very small benefit to the filtration by reducing the blockage but the biggest benefits are it will trap particles less than the filter size, i.e. filter paper generally will catch particles down to 5 microns but the gaps between moving parts can be as low as 1 micron (0.001 mm) that's why we get wear, a magnet has the possibility to catch any size of particle as long as it's steel / iron and the flow through the filter is not too fast. Anyther small benefit is that you can cut open the filter at change and have a look to see how much metal is being collected which can indicate any accelerated engine wear.

You can buy specially shaped magnets for the job but really any strong enough magnet will do the same.

I have seen car oil filters with the magnets built in. But those filters are almost 6x more expensive then the regular ones.

I believe they have sizes but not sure if it will fit.. but a trip to autobacs or macwell should shed some light..

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats the way.....go for the Zards!

Great sound, not sure my neighbours agree when I fire it up every morning at just after 6

Sorry about not posting about the intended purchase, could have saved on the delivery.

Forever the Foreigner

They have CF covers around the cans.

Here is a photo ,sorry about the quality but you get the idea.

They sound great. Quite bassy. Popping and banging when deaccelerating. The bike has a letter from an LTA inspection confirming the pipes are ok.

I removed the pillion footrest hangers, but they do fit with these cans on the bike.

Photo0015.jpg

Forever the Foreigner

The bike did have a box on it when I bought it , for some very strange reason.

It had to come off.

I have kept the rack on, the bike is the only form of transport in my family ( 4 of us) and the rack is perfect for strapping down bags of pampers, cases of beer, etc.

Don't worry I would,nt want to turn the bike into a Honda 400 :thumb: :)

Photo0014.jpg

Forever the Foreigner

Don't worry I would,nt want to turn the bike into a Honda 400 :thumb: :)

Phew :faint: that was close!

In addition to upcoming GB Racing order I am putting in an order to Jack Lilley (Triumph Dealer in the UK) if anybody is interested. Closing date for my order will likely be Wed the 7th Jul.

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

In addition to upcoming GB Racing order I am putting in an order to Jack Lilley (Triumph Dealer in the UK) if anybody is interested. Closing date for my order will likely be Wed the 7th Jul.

are the leathers cheaper to get from UK then from Mah?

:lol:

:lol::lol:

The original owner (from new) put a box on it, I could'nt believe it when I saw it.

Thanks for the info of the upcoming overseas order, nothing needed at the moment.

Forever the Foreigner

confirmed by the 7th? ok set!

i really think the engine case ,specially the let side crank case needs protection on the street triple , it does stick out a fair bit . ill PM you with confirmation by sunday evening(4th ) !

And no worries crazy town. maybe next time if we're ordering anything specific to the bikes ,we can get try doing a mini mas order? carbon fiber wheels anyone? anyone?:cheeky:

Honda and top box are almost the same words.

I have seen a box on an R1 tho! :nono:

Cheers

R1 with a top box!!! What the ........ :slapforehead: he is in constant danger of being brought down by other R1 riders :gun:

Maybe he needs some downforce at the rear .. so he installed a spoiler that doubles as a helmet holder :lol:

c26492.jpg

yes, had a tuneboy reflash(twice).

it is a trial n error kind of thing as the maps were created in euro climates with different temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure. what works there, might not run so well over here.

one of the maps actually lead to considerably pwr lost, which lead to a 2nd reflash.

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

confirmed by the 7th? ok set!

i really think the engine case ,specially the let side crank case needs protection on the street triple , it does stick out a fair bit . ill PM you with confirmation by sunday evening(4th ) !

And no worries crazy town. maybe next time if we're ordering anything specific to the bikes ,we can get try doing a mini mas order? carbon fiber wheels anyone? anyone?:cheeky:

I can imagine the look on the wifes face when a set of carbon fibre wheels arrive at the door.

If anything is going to be ordered overseas I,ll post here first. Cheers!

Forever the Foreigner

I can imagine the look on the wifes face when a set of carbon fibre wheels arrive at the door.

:cheeky: The "A friend added it to my order to save shipping costs, holding up the cheapest and smallest item" story is begining to wear a bit thin. I get my stuff delivered to the office now, :thumb:

You should be able to build your own maps with the Tune Boy using the sample ones as a base, do it on the dyno or just tweak it a bit at time by yourself. I know a guy on the Tiger Triple forum that has done this with his 01 Girlie and it sorted out all his issues.

RE: Tuneboy

i email tuneboy and they said they have nomaps for the street. Only the arrow maps which can be preloaded.

They did suggest racewerks as they are the dealer in SIN. So they should have some maps they can use or they may be able to tune for u..

Just tot i share the info.

So .............. any RAT going to the Rocket III Roadster Launch at Zouk 1900hrs this Friday??

Yes want to go but never got direct invite from Mah, I'll check the Mah forum later.

The LO filter magnet I was talking about, M-Technik have them in stock for S$ 20.

Yes want to go but never got direct invite from Mah, I'll check the Mah forum later.

The LO filter magnet I was talking about, M-Technik have them in stock for S$ 20.

I ve heard of magnetic drain plugs .is that what you mean?

if its just a magnet against the filter id be afraid of it dropping off during wheelie landings .. :angel:

I think you can just come! You don't need invites! :D

c26492.jpg

Oh man why didn't you guys turn up at the Rocket III Roadster launch!! I have to say it is the best bike launch event I've attended so far! Nice meeting you Nel, and your secret weapon :lol:

c26492.jpg