SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

Yo Bros,jus wanna check wit u'll,I saw a '09 Triumph Speed Triple wit 3000km on the speedo,a full Arrow system and in great shape for $25k,good deal? How's the support & $$ for parts? Cheers:)

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx217/dolf_sg/393916_10150493355642218_551227217_8959469_1615068476_n-Copy-1.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are some photo's of the GBR engine casing protection covers that I have eventually got around to fitting onto the bike.

The delivery was within a week from the UK, instructions included the torque settings for the casing screws.

Longer screws were supplied and it took me 15 minutes to fit the three covers.

They blend in well with the bike and you would not really notice them if you were not looking for them.

I decided to get these after viewing a 675 Daytona in Mah that had sufferred a low side, half the casing was mashed into the engine internals....not nice.

Cheers

Photo0010.jpg

Photo0009.jpg

Photo0008.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

Forever the Foreigner

Price for covers to Clutch, Ignition, Alternator is 110 Pounds.

Price for Spindle protectors is 21 Pounds.

Postage via UPS courier 36 Pounds.

SG$'s are about 2.05 to a Pound so all in about SG$340.

http://www.gbracing.eu/Triumph.113/Street-Triple-%28R%29-2007-2010.117/

Mah informed me of no stock in the UK but I did'nt look further than these.

They look OK on the bike.

There was no VAT (or GST if you like) to pay as the order was not destined for Europe.

Forever the Foreigner

check out racewerx for their offerings on engine, axle mounted guards for various triumph models

can see, try, dont like, no worries abt having a spare set lying around?

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

The matte Khaki Green Speed Triple is wicked!!!!

http://www.motodesign.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Triumph-Speed-Triple-Military-2010_1.jpg

http://www.motodesign.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Triumph-Speed-Triple-Military-2010_2.jpg

http://www.motodesign.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Triumph-Speed-Triple-Military-2010_3.jpg

:hungry:

Images courtesy of MotoDesign

c26492.jpg

The matte Khaki Green Speed Triple is wicked!!!!

http://www.motodesign.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Triumph-Speed-Triple-Military-2010_1.jpg

:hungry:

Images courtesy of MotoDesign

Agreed!!!! make that double agreed! anybody wanna guess what my striple's new paint work is gonna look like? ^_^

im thinking of getting the GB racing case covers , if i had known you were gonna get em crazytown , we could have bundled the shipping n effectively paid less individually.. oh well anybody else game??

Edited by Shin@sgbikes

EH btw BIG shoutout to anyone whos going to mah anytime soon to buy anything?

Please do PM me ,

I wanna go down and get a an triumph oil filter but i realize going down with a regular customer gives me a higher chance of getting a better price ^_^ anyway one game enuff to help a fellow Rider associated with triumph?:cheeky:

Stand by your Stripple Soldier :cool:

Yes Sir!

Agreed!!!! make that double agreed! anybody wanna guess what my striple's new paint work is gonna look like? ^_^

im thinking of getting the GB racing case covers , if i had known you were gonna get em crazytown , we could have bundled the shipping n effectively paid less individually.. oh well anybody else game??

Don't tell me you are transforming your Street Triple R into Military edition also!!!???!!!

EH btw BIG shoutout to anyone whos going to mah anytime soon to buy anything?

Please do PM me ,

I wanna go down and get a an triumph oil filter but i realize going down with a regular customer gives me a higher chance of getting a better price ^_^ anyway one game enuff to help a fellow Rider associated with triumph?:cheeky:

I just went last week. Same price one lah .... even if you bring your whole family :lol: $27. FYI, you can use Honda one too. I paid $12 last time. Same thing but different logo. Don't know about the internals though. Maybe Triumph one has better internals .. ?

c26492.jpg

i may be going down sometime next week.. but not sure yet.. to sort out my bike ins etc..

hopefully can take a peek at my bike which is still at their storage...

Anyway, u have my no so can sms me..

Can la , i'll msg u to msg me when u go down ^_^

i shud b free enough next week then i can take a peak at yur bike too!

yur getting the zards right?

Don't tell me you are transforming your Street Triple R into Military edition also!!!???!!!

I just went last week. Same price one lah .... even if you bring your whole family :lol: $27. FYI, you can use Honda one too. I paid $12 last time. Same thing but different logo. Don't know about the internals though. Maybe Triumph one has better internals .. ?

Yup! seriously even as it is now so many ppl tell me it has some stealthy military feel to it and someone on the 675 forum has done his up in the same colour n it looks gd!

i wont be changin to soon though , 1st things 1st! exahaust! after inspection this august or something

and yeah the honda oems fit as well which is wat ive been using to ^_^

but ive read tat the triumphs are made by mobil and are a pretty gd quality

so im gonna try it out n see how tat goes

I am going to order some stuff from GB Racing very soon, don't mind adding in your order if you want to share shipping costs. Anybody else?

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

but ive read tat the triumphs are made by mobil and are a pretty gd quality

so im gonna try it out n see how tat goes

I think I read somewhere that K & N also do an equivelant, unlikely to be cheaper though.

If you can find a strong magnet, stick it on the filter bottom, what that does is collect the steel / iron particles in the bottom, there is a very small benefit to the filtration by reducing the blockage but the biggest benefits are it will trap particles less than the filter size, i.e. filter paper generally will catch particles down to 5 microns but the gaps between moving parts can be as low as 1 micron (0.001 mm) that's why we get wear, a magnet has the possibility to catch any size of particle as long as it's steel / iron and the flow through the filter is not too fast. Anyther small benefit is that you can cut open the filter at change and have a look to see how much metal is being collected which can indicate any accelerated engine wear.

You can buy specially shaped magnets for the job but really any strong enough magnet will do the same.

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O